フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Ironclad Pulverizer
Ironclad Pulverizer
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-10 18:44:09  
Hey everyone,

My LS is going for Razed Ruins tonight for the first time (yea I know we're behind) and wanted to see how many people have used PLD tanks Ironclad Pulverizer vs kiting.

I planned on running 2 tanks 1 front 1 back with a WHM dedicated to each PLD (especially for weakness from Eradicator) along with keeping refresh on each PLD at all times.

DD/WS party build TP on birds away from Ironclad and only WS on him rather than feed TP. BLM nuking team ready to start nuking once we trigger red!!

Any thoughts on this? Anyone tried with 2 tanks before and it fail bad? If it's going to be really hard then I'll consider straight kiting it just is some times a bit hectic having people WS off for !! when he is running all over the place.

Appreciate the advice in advance
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-10 18:46:47  
I suppose I meant to put this under NMs, sorry about that
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2010-12-10 18:57:23  
My abyssea group of 7 or 8 fought him just a few days ago. We had a pld kite him around the colibri area and had mages and smn nuke him, then pld would switch to straight tanking when it was just his head. A thf and maybe another melee (I forget what everyone came as) WSed as he ran past.

I may be confused running on so little sleep, but I read that you cant proc !! when he is a head or on his normal melee swings, so standing there tanking may not work anyway.

We didnt get the atma, so dont know how well it works, though we were really just doing it as a test run to see if our setup worked.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-12-10 18:57:47  
Two tanks hold him very well (on opposite sides, as you said) and if you have the extra people around to do it, might as well make things easier (for !! WS) no? If things go badly you can easily kite him around the collibri (watch out for the Ephemeral Murex) until everyone is all set to go again. If you haven't done it before, try to get everyone on the same page stun/weapon/shieldbash-wise so that when an incoming stun is announced, the DD/tanks might have their WS TPs all set to hit him during that window.

As a mention, Ballistic Kick seems to reset a large chunk of hate, as he almost always turns to another opponent if he connects with it on a tank, but it's very easy to get hate back and hold hate while kiting this. Just make sure the kite path is clear as he will swing while he is being kited and hit those in his path even if his target is far away.

Just as a side-note, I did hear about (third hand info of course) a bug on a pop where the NM entered "head mode" and never came back out of it. I am not entirely sure of the details but supposedly the "head mode" HP was depleted but it never went back into the body "pile" and just kept on attacking, making for an unwinnable situation. I don't know about what resolution to this the particular LS took, but has anyone else heard of that happening?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-10 19:04:34  
thanks for the info I wanted to make sure we didn't over stun with a constant cycle because it's so hard to proc!! with constant stuns but we'll definitely have a stun cycle setup.

I guess they can just look to stun Eradicator & Seismic Impact, we'll see how it goes most importantly for us of course is getting the atma.

Also as for his normal melee I think they patched this so it would not be considered a TP move while procing!!s but if we cycle through all WS we'll move to a PLD kite to re-cycle WS as a backup plan.

Schuts I had heard about that glitch, I never heard any resolution however.
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-10 19:07:04  
Yes two tanks
Fenrir.Schutz said:
Two tanks hold him very well (on opposite sides, as you said) and if you have the extra people around to do it, might as well make things easier (for !! WS) no? If things go badly you can easily kite him around the collibri (watch out for the Ephemeral Murex) until everyone is all set to go again. If you haven't done it before, try to get everyone on the same page stun/weapon/shieldbash-wise so that when an incoming stun is announced, the DD/tanks might have their WS TPs all set to hit him during that window.

As a mention, Ballistic Kick seems to reset a large chunk of hate, as he almost always turns to another opponent if he connects with it on a tank, but it's very easy to get hate back and hold hate while kiting this. Just make sure the kite path is clear as he will swing while he is being kited and hit those in his path even if his target is far away.

Just as a side-note, I did hear about (third hand info of course) a bug on a pop where the NM entered "head mode" and never came back out of it. I am not entirely sure of the details but supposedly the "head mode" HP was depleted but it never went back into the body "pile" and just kept on attacking, making for an unwinnable situation. I don't know about what resolution to this the particular LS took, but has anyone else heard of that happening?

They fixed that in the latest update.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-10 19:15:49  
Procing him is a pain because of the limitations on it. He will do 2 attack rounds in a row pretty often so make sure you time your tp move for after the second melee hit just after a tp attack and that will generally work pretty well. Most important thing is to never assume anything went off clean, don't have anyone tp on him, tp on some birds and come in to ws.

I don't know if this was a special situation, but he doesn't instantly depop or atleast he didn't for us so if you try everything and your missing some of the procable ws, you can let him deaggro(by getting everyone killed or leaving and then reclaim him) and it will reset which weakness it has so you can try again. Not sure if you have to let him get a tic or not but I'd recommend it.

He won't melee if the target with hate is too far away but we didn't have much luck in being able to ws on him because he swerves so much.
 Gilgamesh.Blumpkin
user: rofien
By Gilgamesh.Blumpkin 2010-12-10 20:22:52  
hey tweeek got a couple people interested, when you get online can tell Yandaime, she's a WAR so can proc a couple weapons
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-10 20:25:27  
Hey Blumpkin,

I'm really sorry we got 18 people lined up for this with 3 waiting in line in case of no shows just because this is everyone's first crack at trying for the atma. We reserved the spots based on the people who helped farming the pops and LS participation.

We will for sure be doing it again later you would be more than welcome to take spots since hopefully (if tonight goes well) a majority of my guys will have it. I hope you can get it sooner than that but if not we can pick you up on our 2nd pass in a couple weeks
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-10 20:49:39  
Good luck.
I hope you guys get it, it really is amazing.
 Ramuh.Zangada
サーバ: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-12-10 21:09:28  
I straight tanked it by myself, it wasnt easy but we got the atma.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-12-10 23:12:40  
Ramuh.Zangada said:
I straight tanked it by myself, it wasnt easy but we got the atma.

PLD/WAR is great for tanking/holding/kiting it. Each melee hit it does eats up too many shadows, coupled with his constant slow status effect, that blink tanking isn't really worth it for this particular fight. Just be aware that the main tank will at times be under amnesia, so you might want to give that person fewer WS !!-proc responsibilities.

Hope you are/were able to get it!
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-11 01:41:45  
update: my LS did really well for being beginners and us being new LS playing together.

we proc red!! everything going great, someone says we lose claim... ; ; we get claim back (not sure we ever lost it 100%) then we proc red!! since we were under the impression we lost claim.. we kill beautifully but no atma ; ;

we farmed 2 more pops tonight after so we'll try again. thanks again for the advice everything went really well just bad luck on lost claim or double red!! not sure which it was but seemed like shouldn't have proc'd again
 Gilgamesh.Blumpkin
user: rofien
By Gilgamesh.Blumpkin 2010-12-11 01:54:25  
once red gets proc'd dont think you need to reproc it tbh but glad you guys did good
 Shiva.Solidyuna
サーバ: Shiva
user: Solidyuna
By Shiva.Solidyuna 2010-12-11 02:11:06  
Gilgamesh.Blumpkin said:
once red gets proc'd dont think you need to reproc it tbh but glad you guys did good

if you proc anything red/green/blue and it becomes unclamed at all, you will loose all your !! procs and will have to do them again :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-11 02:19:51  
Correction: if it goes passive. Mobs can go unclaimed without resetting, which is probably what happened here.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-12-11 02:21:33  
Shiva.Solidyuna said:
Gilgamesh.Blumpkin said:

if you proc anything red/green/blue and it becomes unclamed at all, you will loose all your !! procs and will have to do them again :/

Pretty sure thats false. Only have to re trigger if the mob goes passive/idle/ Going yellow =/= idle.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-12-11 02:22:07  
Shiva.Solidyuna said:
Gilgamesh.Blumpkin said:

Claim has nothing to do with it, it's based on enmity. If all members lose enmity and the mob starts moving back to it's spawn point, it will lose all previous !! procs AND reset the skills needed to proc them. In fights like this it is very likely for someone to die, and the mob's name will turn white. As long as someone in the alliance still has enmity, the procs will be saved.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-11 02:32:01  
What's needed to get the atma, do you have to kill it a certain way?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-11 04:24:58  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Correction: if it goes passive. Mobs can go unclaimed without resetting, which is probably what happened here.

yep sucks too man when this happened i *** knew this is what most likely happened but i got 10+ people screaming at me telling me it was 100% unclaimed I asked over and over if they were all sure and the ones who say it said yes. i so regretted telling my DRK to reproc it ; ;

we'll get it though i have much more confidence now too, many of the players are new to end game so this was (and every new fight we take on) is a growth period. i'm glad when everyone stayed calm and listened to instructions things went smooth, the claim mistake was just a little hiccup :)
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-14 10:36:53  
update: Win! yay! thanks for the help/advice everyone :) Round2 without the false lost claim so no double proc!! = win :)

[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-14 11:06:46  
congrats \o/
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-14 11:19:26  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
What's needed to get the atma, do you have to kill it a certain way?

This is for you blink
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-14 11:22:30  
<3 Ash taking care of my newb *** since 04.