users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » New Spells via Dat Mine
New Spells via Dat Mine
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-12 04:05:26  
I duo'd Yaanei with my WHM compadre this evening, and noticed that Reaving Wind did not seem to resist a single time throughout the fight on him. It's a pretty nice spell.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-12-12 04:46:15  
Hey Guys...

IM not sure if y ou all know this but B4 the update aroubnd Sept, I checked out the Altanaviewer and I had a feeling we'd know about a Tonberry spell, but I think If u check it it out now... There's gonna be more....

....We're not done yet blus.....=)
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-12-12 15:01:15  
Oh, we'll be getting more spells eventually? I never would have guessed!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-12-13 11:22:17  
Not sure where to put this, but it got serious last night.

[+]
 Sylph.Kwate
サーバ: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-12-13 11:46:55  
Primeval Brew anyone? lol
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-12-13 12:19:09  
Valefor.Prothescar said:
I duo'd Yaanei with my WHM compadre this evening, and noticed that Reaving Wind did not seem to resist a single time throughout the fight on him. It's a pretty nice spell.

How much was TP reduced to? 0 each time?
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-12-13 13:31:21  
I didn't use primeval brew, i don't even have enough cruor for it.
I used 3 atmas: stout arm, vv and rr.

Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-13 17:03:24  
Hello set bonus, lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-13 17:05:21  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:

How much was TP reduced to? 0 each time?

Not sure what exactly, but it was low enough that he hadn't used TP moves for a good while afterward.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-13 17:07:50  
Oh ***... Wonder what the damage multiplier is o.0
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-13 17:19:35  
I've read that it's supposedly meant to triple WSC, buuut
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-13 17:34:06  
Sounds about right.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-13 18:29:33  
I just finished my second +2 piece, so I'll give it a few tests. Problem being I don't know how to complete said tests. d('_'d)
 Sylph.Kwate
サーバ: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-12-13 19:13:16  
Quetzalcoatl.Longarm said:
I didn't use primeval brew, i don't even have enough cruor for it.
I used 3 atmas: stout arm, vv and rr.

I stand corrected, *** nice. have you done any testing on enhancement spells like our cures, refresh, and haste? Would be interested in seeing how those are augmented via our set bonus, affecting the potency or duration.
 Ragnarok.Takioni
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Takioni
By Ragnarok.Takioni 2010-12-15 12:46:50  
iron clad takes extra dmg after doing certain tp moves, this is what boosted the dmg to such high levels.
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-12-20 23:44:43  
I think you're right on the Ironclad, but I'm pretty sure Sobek doesn't take double damage.

By Laeticia 2010-12-21 01:58:46  
thf sub, sneak attack (guarenteed crit with CA), razed ruin crit bonus, efflux, CA probably 300 tp and azure lore for a nice screen shot. nice damage regardless.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-21 02:09:11  
Should be able to put up bigger Benthic numbers. Higher stat mod and ftps will overshadow the 50 dex from RR. But damn that set bonus effect is nice. Now I really want to see brewed full af3+2 dmg.
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-12-21 05:14:14  
I didn't azure lore for that 9k, but i did sneak attack, chain, efflux, and vanity. Stout arm, vv and rr, and that was it. I was doing normal 4.7 to 4.9 and some 5ks but that 9k caught me off guard for sure. The lame thing was, about 30 min. or so earlier, we lost about +20 to all stats with the lame bastion thing. I never expected the set bonus to kick in and do that much dmg with only 3 pieces. I haven't used benthic in a long time with a good set up.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-21 11:15:58  
I just got my 3rd +2 piece (feet, already had head/legs), so I'm wondering just how the set bonus really works. Do more pieces make the bonus stronger, or allow it to proc more? Because ultimately, feet hands and body are NOT physical casting pieces at all, so does the set bonus make it worth-while to cast in them, or should I continue to use my ancient RSE boots.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-21 12:42:45  
All the other non-100% procrate sets have seen an increase in procrate with additional gear, so I'd assume ours is the same way.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-21 13:25:09  
So anyone gunna do some real testing with something consistent like magical spells?
By Laeticia 2010-12-21 14:21:39  
gave some of my experiences and "evidence" of set bonuses on thread with appropriate name. ive unquestionably seen the set bonus proc with 3 pieces (see thread).
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-12-21 22:12:30  
I used to wear agrona's leggings before i got +2 feet, but now i just wear all 3 in hopes of getting a proc. (head, legs and feet). You're pretty much in abyssea full time anyway so with cruor buffs and atmas and stuff im sure you could get rid of your rse boots and not miss the stats and just wear your +2 feet.

I haven't done any testing with magic, not sure how i would do it or what i would do it on. I did notice something the other night though. I used plenilune and did like 580 or something just in my vanity set, then cured again and did 625, and i didn't change anything, i was kinda wondering what happened there.

I also remember a time where i was trying out the new magic spells on some even match spiders in abyssea - mis. coast, and i was doing thermal pulse with 3 atmas (baying moon, ultimate and mm) and magic att bonus gear and af3+2 head, legs and feet and the first thermal pulse did 2300 or so, then i slept the spider and did it again, and it did 3100. I don't know if that was the set bonus going off or not, but i just pretty much do everything in the 3 pieces now. I have the +1 hands atm, would be nice to +2 those and have the set bonus go off on a magic spell.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-23 09:39:50  
Delta Thrust:

Spamming Genbu a couple of nights ago as Blue Mage(can solo Olla pots, Waters, and Gem of the North on Blue Mage so just decided to stay on the job for Genbu) in order to get a buyer Genbu's Shield for 1M.

First go through, I just figured I'd set some heavy hitters and just kill it that way. Disseverment was averaging about 900 and Quadradic was ~1200. Now, this would be fine if the thing didn't have much HP, but Genbu has a boatload for an area that doesn't have refresh atmas to rely on. Ended up setting Delta Thrust and it averaged even higher than Disseverment.

I checked the Beast Affinity Chart and it's not like there's a monster correlation. This is by far my favorite spell outside of abyssea. 24 MP and can cast it in between headbutts. Disseverment DoT is still substantial, so I'd use it for reapplying the poison, but Delta Thrust is outright awesome.

Occultation:

Also, I wonder how many shadows we'll be getting with Occultation. When I first cast it without merits or skill gear, I got 6 shadows. After I leveled and meritted Blue Magic, I had 7 shadows. When I started wearing skill gear for it, I'm getting 8 shadows. Anyone done any testing on what the tiers are? I hope we'll see somewhere in the ballpark of 12 shadows by the time we're 99.

Which gave me another thought. I remember reading that Blink spell will always absorb 2 attacks from the next 5(or maybe it was 6 I don't remember) attacks done to you. It could be the first two of those 5, or the last two of those five attacks, but it will always do it that way.

Well, what if Occultation is like that. 6 out of the next 10 attacks will be absorbed. Obviously this could not always be the first 6. As we gain higher skill, we'll be closer to reaching 10 of the next 10 attacks basically mimic'ing Utsusemi once we're level 99 with skill+ gear.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-23 09:43:03  
Occultation gives 8 shadows at 400+ skill. Probably an extra shadow every 50 skill.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-23 09:53:53  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Occultation gives 8 shadows at 400+ skill. Probably an extra shadow every 50 skill.

Yeah, I guess I had around 331 skill when I first cast it(6 shadows). Then I leveled up and meritted Blue Magic finally which put me at 377(7 shadows). Then gear to push me up to 400+(8 shadows). We expect 6 skill/level now? So +31 at 95 and +56(from this point) at 99?