What Spells Do You Use?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » What spells do you use?
What spells do you use?
First Page 2
By Areis 2010-12-02 11:17:05  
Ok so it's been like 2 years since I did anything on Blue besides hunt spells and as I'm getting it from 75-85 and doing my spell farming I'm really at a loss.

I've heard
Q.Continum & Goblin Rush are where it's at for DD
Plenilune Embrace for healing
Battery Charge for refresh
Animating Wail or Refueling for Haste?
Still use Plasma Charge + Actinic Burst for Refresh?

I could really use a spell-set for
Physical
Magical
Solo

Along with some notes about useful gear for spell macros... sometime later today I'll post all the gear i currently have/use for Blu, which is missing tons, as I last used it before Regurgitation was found to be pretty good DD with Mnd build.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-02 12:17:08  
My set varies depending on what im fighing of course or where im at. Im sure Blazza or Dasva would probably have more to say but atm with 55 total points im using :

Head butt
cocoon
soporific
zephyr mantle
pleinelune embrace
ani wail
battery charge
regeneration
goblin rush
quad cont
mp drainkiss
disserverment
actinic burst
plasma charge
cannonball
pinecone bomb (Exactly 55pts pinecone and cocoon last 2 set as I had pts.)

This is only because im blu/thf in castle O (s) and am trying to kill the blms only avoid/sleep>>zone links. Exuviation is good when they bio me but it doesnt remove para or poison idk if there is a spell that does. Although exuviation only seems to heal me for about 100 with erase, pleinelune is better @ 500hp. Cannonball and pinecone are really only for ranged claiming mobs.

If I was farming for blizz4 skeletons id swap in for sheepsong probably go blu/whm instead and then could remove metalicbody and mp drainkiss and put in hysteric barrage instead which performs better than quad on bones for less mp (not as good as goblin rush tho). I also set dispel (blank gaze) and silence (chaotic eye).

If I was in an abyssea exp party id be tempted to sub whm tbh for rr/tect/shell if i wanted to break from pty after capped lights, same goes for low man nms unless youre the one tanking. Id have to go razed ruin and minkin as I lack VV. Still not that bad though. In abyssea if youre getting refresh from a rdm you can remove battery charge and if you still want points you could remove actinic burst and plasma charge too and lose the 1tick auto refresh.

As far as the magical spell set goes in abyssea if youre doing nms
you may be asked to set spells which element corresponds to the current vana day, the day before or day after.
light
Radiant Breath 1000 Needles
dark
Death Ray Eyes On Me
fire
Heat Breath Firespit
earth
Magnetite Cloud Seedspray
water
Maelstrom Regurgitation
wind
Hecatomb Wave Mysterious Light
ice
Frost Breath Ice Break
lightning
mind blast Blitzstrahl

As far as macro builds go theres various threads for that last few months from ws builds to spell builds, also you can scan for blus on this site and check our item sets. Some of mine are fairly good but I still lack a few pieces.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-02 12:23:52  
Main melee set is something like

Disseverment, Vanity Dive, Goblin Rush, Benthic Typhoon, Quadratic Continuum, Whirl of Rage, Battery Charge, Animating Wail, Plasma Charge, Actinic Burst, and Magic Fruit or Plenilune Embrace. From there I'll add and sometimes subtract spells depending on my sub and priorities.

Regurgitation is INT over MND, though MND is still a mod. Spells in my nuking set depends on the spells I'm casting and sub, should be pretty easy to work out... get your damage and utility spells in, set your traits, go for mods.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-02 12:32:26  
Can get zanshin job trait now shame we cant wield Nanatsusayanotachi...

And ya I totally missed BT, Vanity dive and whirl of rage just im not using them atm, not really needed for these yagudo. My vanity dive even on ep often fails, im stacking all agi gear available to me without buying anything extra is probably why (build has 69+70str, 73+54dex, 69+17vit and 69+11agi). Would certainly set BT in abyssea or whirl of rage in pty which is killing mobs with aoe. Regurg is really nice also as its only 1 point, bind can often save you at times.
By Areis 2010-12-02 12:35:33  
Sets:
5/5 AF1 (no+1)
1/6 Relic (body)
0/- AF3
5/5 Teal
5/5 Aurore
5/5 Yigit
3/5 Denali (body, legs feet)
1/5 Homam (feet)
1/5 Morrigan's (hands)

Weapons/Ammo
Perdu Hanger
Beast Slayer
Genbu's Shield

Bibiki Seashell
Fenrir's Stone
Hedgehog Bomb
Phantom Tathlum

Head:
O.hat
W.turban

Body:
Mirke (Acc/Atk)

Hands:
Orcish Gauntlets

Legs:
Jet Seraweels

Feet:
Rutter Sabatons

Neck:
Peacock Amulet
Lemegeton Medalion

Waist:
Warwolf Belt
Ocean Sash
Penitent's Rope
Swift Belt

Back:
Forager's Mantle
Boxer's Mantle

Earrings:
Loquacious Earring
Kemas Earring
Brutal Earring
Bushinomimi
Ethereal Earring
Moldavite Earring
Cassie Earring

Rings:
Diamond Ring (+2 Mnd)
Spiral Ring
Blood Ring
Balrahn's Ring
Rajas Ring

think that's everything I own that I can equip on Blu...
Not sure what else is a really good item to have on hand and for what reason XD man i feel so far behind the curve now!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-02 12:43:18  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Can get zanshin job trait now shame we cant wield Nanatsusayanotachi...

And ya I totally missed BT, Vanity dive and whirl of rage just im not using them atm, not really needed for these yagudo. My vanity dive even on ep often fails, im stacking all agi gear available to me without buying anything extra is probably why (build has 69+70str, 73+54dex, 69+17vit and 69+11agi). Would certainly set BT in abyssea or whirl of rage in pty which is killing mobs with aoe. Regurg is really nice also as its only 1 point, bind can often save you at times.
Benthic is the one with the AGI mod, Vanity Dive is 50% DEX iirc. It's probably just the fact that it's a single-hit spell though, Benthic is the same way.

Areis: If you put those into actual item sets I can give better answers. Right now you're looking at a STR/DEX hat (Voyager Sallet is easy to get), Mahatma over Jets (Teal have their place as well, you decide if worth the inventory), better weapons (Firmament or ideally Magians), Mavi Tathlum, and AF3+1 at a glance.

Also, BLU can't equip Kemas and I'd really consider dropping Bushi for Suppa.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 12:44:02  
Here's what I usually end up setting...

Actinic Burst - Great spell
Plasma Charge - Combined with above for auto-fresh
Head Butt - Obvious
Chaotic Eye - Silence and combo with below for Conserve MP
Zephyr Mantle - Decent Blink spell and combo above for Conserve MP
Disseverment - Decent DD spell with good DoT effect, helps to make accuracy bonus
Vanity Dive - Good single hit, helps to make accuracy bonus
Goblin Rush - Great DD spell and makes skillchain damage+
Benthic Typhoon - Good conal DD spell and makes skillchain damage+
Quadratic Continuum - Great DD spell, helps to make DW
Animated Wail - Haste and makes DW with above
Battery Charge - Refresh
Magic Fruit - Healing
Whirl of Rage - Great AoE Stun and good stats

Those are usually my base spells, then I set situation stuff from there on.. I try to throw in Final Sting for Zanshin combo if I have an extra point.
Filamented Hold - When there's no one to land a decent slow.
Soporific - Great sleep spell with long reliable duration, can also use Yawn.
Regurgitation - Good bind for solo.
Regeneration - This spell is really nice when not doing things in abyssea since the mp/healing ratio is excellent.
Blank Gaze - Light dispel, good for Nyzul when possibly getting Flayers.
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-12-02 12:54:15  
Here's what I usually end up setting...

Head Butt - Obvious
Uppercut - STR and DEX are lovely
Hysteric Barrage - Filler + Decent Damage
Disseverment - Decent DD spell with good DoT effect, helps to make accuracy bonus
Demoralizing Roar - Combo for Double Attack
Acrid Stream - Combo for Double Attack
Goblin Rush - Great DD spell and makes skillchain damage+
Quadratic Continuum - Great DD spell, helps to make DW
Animated Wail - Haste and makes DW with above
Battery Charge - Refresh
Plenilune Embrace - Healing
Whirl of Rage - Great AoE Stun and good stats

That's my normal melee set of spells.

But if the fight is gonna be longer/a bit harder then just zerging a mob with spells I'll add Yawn, Regurgitation and other spells.

By Areis 2010-12-02 12:54:30  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Areis: If you put those into actual item sets I can give better answers. Right now you're looking at a STR/DEX hat (Voyager Sallet is easy to get), Mahatma over Jets (Teal have their place as well, you decide if worth the inventory), better weapons (Firmament or ideally Magians), Mavi Tathlum, and AF3+1 at a glance.

Also, BLU can't equip Kemas and I'd really consider dropping Bushi for Suppa.

meh bought kemas for other things just happend to still be in inventory so i assumed i could use on blu.
I won't be dropping Bushi (it's for Sam)

I've bought full Teal / Aurore just happen to have jets in ancient macros.

you'll have to forgive me a bit for gear sets, i'll get to it in maybe a few hours when i can stand still... in an Abyssea party atm hoping for 85 so writing between running to worms & spamming a few spells.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-02 13:05:22  
Areis said:
I won't be dropping Bushi (it's for Sam)
I find that SAM doesn't get a whole lot out of Bushi these days whereas DW will be even more valuable come 90 cap. Completely up to you though, I was just throwing it out there.

No rush on the item sets, knowing what you have to work with is certainly a good start.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 13:10:26  
As for going somewhere that I know I'll be helping nuke and not using any physical spells...

Chaotic Eye - Silence and combo with below for Conserve MP
Zephyr Mantle - Decent Blink spell and combo above for Conserve MP
Animated Wail - Haste
Battery Charge - Refresh
Magic Fruit - Healing
Regurgitation - Quickish recast, bind, good damage
Mind Blast - Paralyze and decent damage
Firespit - Good damage
Amplification - Good MAB boost that doesn't wear off too quickly(looking at you Memento Mori)
Acrid Stream - Good for lowering magic defense which helps boost everyone's nukes
Fantod - Good for spamming if your recasts on your other nukes are down, just make sure you cast Amplification before using this so you don't waste your boosts.

The rest you can fill up with INT and MND stat spells.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-02 13:10:48  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Can get zanshin job trait now shame we cant wield Nanatsusayanotachi... And ya I totally missed BT, Vanity dive and whirl of rage just im not using them atm, not really needed for these yagudo. My vanity dive even on ep often fails, im stacking all agi gear available to me without buying anything extra is probably why (build has 69+70str, 73+54dex, 69+17vit and 69+11agi). Would certainly set BT in abyssea or whirl of rage in pty which is killing mobs with aoe. Regurg is really nice also as its only 1 point, bind can often save you at times.
Benthic is the one with the AGI mod, Vanity Dive is 50% DEX iirc. It's probably just the fact that it's a single-hit spell though, Benthic is the same way. Areis: If you put those into actual item sets I can give better answers. Right now you're looking at a STR/DEX hat (Voyager Sallet is easy to get), Mahatma over Jets (Teal have their place as well, you decide if worth the inventory), better weapons (Firmament or ideally Magians), Mavi Tathlum, and AF3+1 at a glance. Also, BLU can't equip Kemas and I'd really consider dropping Bushi for Suppa.

Ahh yes youre right it was a BT build with agi not vanity, just remember screenshot of 5.5k BT and itemset was full agi youre right my bad, got mixed up.

May as well post my builds can dissect them at will blu isnt my main but theyre pretty decent.

TP build lacks fort torque, should probably use my af3+1 legs instead of homam, lacks suppa, mars's ring and af3+2 head.

Physical spell build where str is main mod, swap in a torque and enkidu hands when theres a dex/agi mod. Still needs more agi gear for a BT build. Also lacks 6stat rings or 3 stat earrings, af3+2 legs and kubera bead necklace.

Sanguine blade lacks ocean rope, artemis medal/5int neck, af3 feet, 6stat rings, and there probably is a better back.

Vorpal blade, anwig is 15ws acc 10 acc 4str 5attk, build lacks suppa, 6 stat rings, possibly should use my rutters over marine and af3+2 legs.

Magical build, I use this set for all magical spells tbh with no alteration, im usually only using magical spells for sleep/aspir/silence/dispel, ive not come as blu in abyssea for !! yet or bothered to work on indiviual magical builds based highly on 1 attribute. I also dont rly change to aquilo's staff at all unless possibly im using regurgitation on a mob and will zone after or something.

BLM hmp build, same as for blu except blu cant use clarus or reserve cpt mace so I use tathlum (hedgehog would be better) and plutos staff.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 13:19:58  
Also, there's no reason not to carry around all the Teal gear. You can macro it in pre-cast to speed up some of the longer spells(Firespit, Diamonhide, Metallic Body, Zephyr Mantle, Animated Wail, and Battery Charge) then macro in potency gear during cast.

Which reminds me, I also often set Auroral Drape and Sub Zero Smash when I know I'm going to tank as /nin. Between the 10% reduced casting time of full Teal(swap to max haste during cast) and this spell set combo, I can ichi in some fairly tight attack rounds.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-02 13:23:00  
TP: You can likely swap to Tiercel on most things, and a different ear1 wouldn't hurt. I have sword merits but I TP in significantly less acc than you do (Tiercel, Forager's, Strigoi, AF3+2 legs, Homam hands, Suppa being the notable acc changes) without issues.

Physical: Mavi Tathlum, possibly Heafoc Mitts.

Sanguine: penitent's rope would be better still (also for Regurg). There really isn't much in the way of back options, the INT+5 Ichor cape is about the same damage but lacks MND for cures and Mind Blast.

Vorpal: Tumbler Trunks if you can squeeze them in.

Magical: I'd split this for nukes/debuffs. Add AF3 legs for debuffs and use your Sanguine set (+ INT waist) for nukes. I realize it's not a common thing but something to look at. Also, Neptune's over Aquilo's for Regurg.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 13:28:23  
Sylph.Krsone said:

TP: Not lacking Fortitude Torque, you'd be lacking Tiercel Necklace. You have plenty of acc for most things in the game now, and even if acc was a problem Sole Sushi ensures good acc on physical spells while boosting STR for them.

Pretty awesome sets though, wish I had some of that gear.

EDIT: Beaten.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-02 13:37:02  
No longer have neptunes lol I sold it like 350k b4 price crash got soma staff+1, shame blu cant use that, but yeah I did testing longtime ago with regurg and neptunes it is nice. Mavi, I low manned that ironclad once only my least favourite of the lot can be quite annoying at times and I passed on that one to a blu main. I have a pop for strigoi lord ruthven, maybe ill pop it near end of december wen im 90 and its even easier.

Ichor back was one I was thinking of too gleemans I think but meh fk it, einherjar pretty dead and I dont have an ls for it.

There is a slight variation in my magical builds, Ill use loq over morion, morri over af+1 body and austerity belt for buffs, but the one posted above is wat Ill use for sleeps/binds/aspir/drain/silence/dispel I dont actually own ocean rope anymore, was down to inv space, and that was before sanguine blade as you can see that macro doesnt have it.

But yea all your suggestions are justified and I pretty much knew them all, except forgot blu cld use heacof too.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-02 13:38:41  
We've MNK tanked Executioner without much issue for what it's worth, took like 5 minutes with only me on BLU (nuking) and him on MNK for damage. More time if you try and proc blue for Pluviale.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-02 13:40:48  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
TP: Not lacking Fortitude Torque, you'd be lacking Tiercel Necklace. You have plenty of acc for most things in the game now, and even if acc was a problem Sole Sushi ensures good acc on physical spells while boosting STR for them. Pretty awesome sets though, wish I had some of that gear. EDIT: Beaten.

Ty lol, you can take comfort in knowing youre actually probably a better blu than I am lol, im not that good tbh not often on it and when i am its blu/thf or blu/whm just soloing for gil like im doing atm killing few ep yagudo isnt really hard. I could tell when you talked about drape/sub zero smash aid you in tanking harder stuff youve probably more experience there lol, im a monk tank really.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-02 13:46:35  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
We've MNK tanked Executioner without much issue for what it's worth, took like 5 minutes with only me on BLU (nuking) and him on MNK for damage. More time if you try and proc blue for Pluviale.

Duoed it? thats cool... id like tantra tathlum 1st before mavi though. Ive low manned for goetia mantle, did that nm like 4 times blm rdm blm pld/nin just for kiting, setup before we had good atma. Used same setup for one that drops mavi tathlum too was a bit more annoying than goetia mantle one, pld claimed and kited it a while b4 anyone came to start damaging it think it raged by the end. And tantra one I would of timed out solo blm/rdm was b4 minkin atma but even so I personally would of found it hard tbh I hear sch can do it with helices though.

How low man can u go for tantra ammo one with a monk tanking? ive only got razed ruin/sanguine but got full abyssite of merit/futherance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-12-02 14:40:03  
Head Butt: obvious reasons
Chaotic Eye: Silence and Conserve MP, though if I need more space I usually end up taking out Conserve MP first
MP Drainkiss: If I know I'm gonna be fighting stuff that has MP to steal
Magic Fruit: I'm apparently one of the few BLUs who prefers this to Plenilune Embrace; I just feel that Plenilune doesn't outperform Magic Fruit enough to be worth the extra MP cost
Zephyr Mantle: I don't often cast it, even when subbing something besides NIN (which has been happening a lot more often post-75), but it's cheap and makes Conserve MP with Chaotic Eye
Hysteric Barrage: Still rocks against things weak to blunt, and not bad in general
Disseverment: Still awesome, both for initial damage and the poison add. effect
Actinic Burst: I rarely, if ever, cast it, unlike a lot of BLUs apparently, because it always seems to suck for me. Even when I macro in +skill, and with 8 blue magic merits, mobs still always hit me with it up, it seems like (unlike Flash, back when I still soloed stuff on WHM, which worked wonders dispite WHM's lower evasion)
Plasma Charge: For Auto Refresh with Actinic Burst
Acrid Stream: For Double Attack with Demoralizing Roar.
Animating Wail: Haste and Dual Wield with Quad. Continuum
Battery Charge: Refresh
Demoralizing Roar: For Double Attack with Acrid Stream
Goblin Rush: Great damage, especially on blunt-weak mobs, and makes Light with Savage Blade
Quad. Continuum: Sexy damage, makes Distortion with Savage Blade, and makes Dual Wield with Animating Wail

Obviously I change stuff depending on the situation. When soloing EPs for trials or whatever, I often sub DNC and take off Magic Fruit, and use Regeneration, since I rarely need anything else. I'll also usually set Sheep Song (I generally prefer it to Soporific) for links. Blank Gaze if the stuff I'm fighting has annoying buffs (such as Ice Spikes). I rarely get the opportunity to play /THF for anything, but if I did, obviously a different setup would be in order (Vanity Dive and Benthic Typhoon are supposed to be pretty damn nice with /THF).
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-02 15:00:57  
As a returning blu one of the highest priorities should be 2x shamshir+1 str8 attk18 ones, I should of stated the stats on ones in my item sets but yea these are ones I went for. Havent bothered with macc ones but ive heard theyre nice (situationally) also. You asked for useful gear, these 2 swords are probably going to benefit you most out of anything else to begin with.
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-02 15:10:04  
some of the above but i also use Aroral drape and sub-zero smash for dmg bling silence para awesome spells also make fast cast. benthic for defense down
in all i set these for almost everything
Head butt
Quad continuum \
Animating wail / lol dual wield

Auroral Drape \
Sub-Zero Smash / Fast cast

Plasma Charge \
Actinic Burst / Auto refresh

Heat breath \
Sound blast / Magic attack bonus

Benthic typhoon\
Goblin rush / Skill chain bonus

Frentic Rip \
Diseverment / Accuracy bonus

Cocoon
Magic fruit

oh and for the most part Frentic will beat out Hysteric Barrage on weak to blunt and not weak to blunt mobs also has better set perks and beats vanity dive when /nin
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-02 15:41:27  
Currently for DDing I use

Headbutt - 2 dex and always being able to randomly stun is good.

Uppercut - 2 str 1 dex for 3 set points...

Sound blast - 1 set point to help set MAB

Firespit - 3 str

Heatbreath - 3 more str and part of MAB set

Benthic typhoon - some str and vit and awesome dmg. Especailly /thf

fantod - 2 dex/agi for only 1 set point. Something to do during small downtimes

Whirl of rage - 2str/dex for 2 set points and occasionally even cast it for decent dmg and stun

Quad - Usually main dmg spell. Without SA will be your biggest dmg. 3 dex doesn't hurt either.

Goblin rush - decent dmg and dex

Battery charge - obviously refresh is good.

animating wail - haste good

plenilune embrace - 2 str and well I find myself having to cure myself more and more lol

actinic burst - auto-refresh and well flash can be a life saver.

plasma charge - auto-refresh and 3 str/dex

triumphant roar - 3 str for 3 setpoints yo

Final sting - one set point left so get 5 agi for BT.

Sometimes I put disservement back in for one of the stat spells. Like if I am using minkin lol. Also I forget which ones but if I'm not /nin I'm getting DW from those spells too.

For solo/low man I'll take out some stat spells for:

magic hammer/mp drain kiss: When the mobs have mp and you aren't in abyssea.

blitzstrahl- 3dex and really long stuns.

filamented hold- slow

I haven't really made alot of spell specific sets yet... but here we go. And some need a bit more gearing... of course af3 head comes in for CA

tp

basic physical spell/ws set

Magic hammer

BT

Sanguine blade

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-02 15:54:36  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Duoed it? thats cool... id like tantra tathlum 1st before mavi though. Ive low manned for goetia mantle, did that nm like 4 times blm rdm blm pld/nin just for kiting, setup before we had good atma. Used same setup for one that drops mavi tathlum too was a bit more annoying than goetia mantle one, pld claimed and kited it a while b4 anyone came to start damaging it think it raged by the end. And tantra one I would of timed out solo blm/rdm was b4 minkin atma but even so I personally would of found it hard tbh I hear sch can do it with helices though.

How low man can u go for tantra ammo one with a monk tanking? ive only got razed ruin/sanguine but got full abyssite of merit/futherance.
Nah, BLU MNK WHM BRD. Had a SCH there a few times too but not needed. Attohwa one should be about the same, if not just grab two other people that can nuke and make it dead manaburn style.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-02 15:55:54  
Ah yeah, I have morri feet also macroed for salvage blade atm currently have yigit feet in sanguine blade macro but this was made quite soon after the ws was released and full testing had yet to be done. Having read wiki again now perhaps using morri feet would be better over yigit. Ill swap to morri legs over teal I think if I ever get them. As for hands I would say yigit beat mahatma cuffs.

Other builds are nice though, except obvious upgrades you dont need me pointing out.

edit : ty for iron giant info.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-02 17:39:09  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Currently for DDing I use

Headbutt - 2 dex and always being able to randomly stun is good.

Uppercut - 2 str 1 dex for 3 set points...

Sound blast - 1 set point to help set MAB

Firespit - 3 str

Heatbreath - 3 more str and part of MAB set

Benthic typhoon - some str and vit and awesome dmg. Especailly /thf

fantod - 2 dex/agi for only 1 set point. Something to do during small downtimes

Whirl of rage - 2str/dex for 2 set points and occasionally even cast it for decent dmg and stun

Quad - Usually main dmg spell. Without SA will be your biggest dmg. 3 dex doesn't hurt either.

Goblin rush - decent dmg and dex

Battery charge - obviously refresh is good.

animating wail - haste good

plenilune embrace - 2 str and well I find myself having to cure myself more and more lol

actinic burst - auto-refresh and well flash can be a life saver.

plasma charge - auto-refresh and 3 str/dex

triumphant roar - 3 str for 3 setpoints yo

Final sting - one set point left so get 5 agi for BT.

Sometimes I put disservement back in for one of the stat spells. Like if I am using minkin lol. Also I forget which ones but if I'm not /nin I'm getting DW from those spells too.

For solo/low man I'll take out some stat spells for:

magic hammer/mp drain kiss: When the mobs have mp and you aren't in abyssea.

blitzstrahl- 3dex and really long stuns.

filamented hold- slow

I haven't really made alot of spell specific sets yet... but here we go. And some need a bit more gearing... of course af3 head comes in for CA

tp

basic physical spell/ws set

Magic hammer

BT

Sanguine blade

Wasting tomany set points for epeen numbers over getting real DoT with spell spamming.....................................

and there is to much wrong with your item sets for me to bother correcting...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-02 17:45:02  
Um have you ever heard of recast timers? Cause I am spamming spells as is. At least in abyssea can't really outside

And yeah no points for yigit :(. And doesn't look like I'll get to finish my morri legs :(.

Mind you I must be doing something right since ever xp pt I've been in and most events where I can actually stay on the mob I place usually 1st or 2nd in parses.

Not to mention I get 1st in WoE everytime. Badelaire +1. Here I come
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-02 17:50:47  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Um have you ever heard of recast timers? Cause I am spamming spells as is. At least in abyssea can't really outside

And yeah no points for yigit :(. And doesn't look like I'll get to finish my morri legs :(.

Mind you I must be doing something right since ever xp pt I've been in and most events where I can actually stay on the mob I place usually 1st or 2nd in parses

I double or triple ppl or parses there is no competing with a good blu main things wrong with your sets are really large falts

run up Blue magic skill *0.11 are check your really low Tiers

and post gear your really use i dont know a damn person with morgi robe but no Af +1..............
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-02 17:52:13  
I dont get why he is critcizing your play style just from you posting your macro builds and some spells.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-02 17:53:21  
Sure you do. Me. After all I am a blm and rdm first. And never really bothered with temenos. Hell haven't done limbus in um like 2 years I think lol
First Page 2