What Spells Do You Use?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » What spells do you use?
What spells do you use?
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-02 17:57:49  
Sylph.Krsone said:
I dont get why he is critcizing your play style just from you posting your macro builds and some spells.

Because Blu is all about getting the most spells out in the shortest time to do Max damage, and if you are waiting for recasts on 3 really strong spells when you could have just casted diseverment and frentic rip in that time. making a huge gap in Casting Dot..

And his set are a tier or 2 behind what they should be in terms of skill
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-02 17:58:48  
[sarcasm]Yeah, Dasva is obviously a complete noob due to no af body +1.
[/sarcasm]

<_>
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 18:00:11  
mu BLU friends use Quad. Continuum quite often, it seems amazing but I don't know ***
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-02 18:01:11  
Sorry if I have to spend time keeping myself alive. I generally don't have people plugging there mp into me to cure me constantly while I have refresh II, 2 refresh atmas, ballad/march and whatever so I can cast ever DD spell I have non-stop.

I mean it's not like I don't already cast so often that I have trouble getting 100% tp just once before my CA timer is up.
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-02 18:03:47  
most blu magic is a .5 sec casting time and 20~25 sec recast making it so if you even have capped recast(very rare) on spells you could cast 5-6 spells in the time it takes for the first be back. Though only having 3 DD spells set means you have down time waiting for recasts.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-02 18:06:59  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sorry if I have to spend time keeping myself alive. I generally don't have people plugging there mp into me to cure me constantly while I have refresh II, 2 refresh atmas, ballad/march and whatever so I can cast ever DD spell I have non-stop.

I mean it's not like I don't already cast so often that I have trouble getting 100% tp just once before my CA timer is up.

One whm can cast cure V almost endlessly in abyssea.

and the TP for solo SC thats old school you do know that you can just time CA and chain with the other blus or DD right?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-02 18:16:31  
Jar said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sorry if I have to spend time keeping myself alive. I generally don't have people plugging there mp into me to cure me constantly while I have refresh II, 2 refresh atmas, ballad/march and whatever so I can cast ever DD spell I have non-stop. I mean it's not like I don't already cast so often that I have trouble getting 100% tp just once before my CA timer is up.
One whm can cast cure V almost endlessly in abyssea. and the TP for solo SC thats old school you do know that you can just time CA and chain with the other blus or DD right?
Yeah cause I can count on that... wait no I can't. I litterally cant count the times I've stayed under 300 hp for more than 30 seconds in a pt.

And yeah I know I don't even bother saving tp 99% of the time.

Jar said:
most blu magic is a .5 sec casting time and 20~25 sec recast making it so if you even have capped recast(very rare) on spells you could cast 5-6 spells in the time it takes for the first be back. Though only having 3 DD spells set means you have down time waiting for recasts.
Capped -recast... no. But Down to like 20 sec sure. You really telling me you not only get 400-480 mp ever 20 seconds (ie average of 68 refresh a tic) but actually have a constant supply of mobs park right in range of your spells that allow you to actually cast that frequently? If so you are a liar.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-02 18:28:25  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Jar said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sorry if I have to spend time keeping myself alive. I generally don't have people plugging there mp into me to cure me constantly while I have refresh II, 2 refresh atmas, ballad/march and whatever so I can cast ever DD spell I have non-stop. I mean it's not like I don't already cast so often that I have trouble getting 100% tp just once before my CA timer is up.
One whm can cast cure V almost endlessly in abyssea. and the TP for solo SC thats old school you do know that you can just time CA and chain with the other blus or DD right?
Yeah cause I can count on that... wait no I can't. I litterally cant count the times I've stayed under 300 hp for more than 30 seconds in a pt.

And yeah I know I don't even bother saving tp 99% of the time.

Jar said:
Capped -recast... no. But Down to like 20 sec sure. You really telling me you not only get 400-480 mp ever 20 seconds (ie average of 68 refresh a tic) but actually have a constant supply of mobs park right in range of your spells that allow you to actually cast that frequently? If so you are a liar.

stop being illogical the Point of spell spaming would be to kill things Fast, nothing but NMs last all 5-6 spells and NMs die before I run out of MP because while i dont have an infanint amount i do have enough of a surplus to cast through each spell about 7 times.

in EXP........ I havnt needed EXP for months why would i take that into account at all, but when the next update drops i doubt anyone will pull fast enough to keep up with the blu burn of a pt i will be having with my vent group. no possible way that we can pull fast enough for us to run out of MP and if we do just grab a restore box or temp Items. if you have MP there is really no reason not to set spells to use it. im glad your server is full of fail WHM i guess? because i only go with good ones, and kill fast enough that i dont need to cure mid fight.

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-02 18:37:48  
Yeah and those Nms are going to beat the ***out of you while you are refusing to do anything to keep yourself alive. And since you are going to be feeding them like 40 tp a second by yourself probably killing everyone else too
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-02 18:55:31  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah and those Nms are going to beat the ***out of you while you are refusing to do anything to keep yourself alive. And since you are going to be feeding them like 40 tp a second by yourself probably killing everyone else too
if your dumb enough to think that sure
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-12-02 19:43:52  
ur
 Titan.Fruitytooty
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Fruitytooty 2010-12-02 19:55:05  
what i use for the most part is (nin sub)..

Head Butt
Disseverment
Frenetic Rip
Vertical cleave
Metalic Body,Cocoon,Warm-Up,Plasma Charge,A.Burst
Poison Breath,Plenilune Embrace,Battery charge,Regeneration
Animating Wail,Benthic Typhoon,Goblin rush,Quad.Continuum

with this set up..for JAs i have- Accuracy Bonus,Auto-Refresh,Clear Mind,Skillchain Bonus,and..Dual Wield but thats kinda not worth mentioning for a /nin set-up

~>(Also- on another note I have 5/5 Assimilation) <~
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-12-03 06:04:10  
I'm always blu/thf in abyssea, and go with the vanity over benthic set. So i dont have to change spells, (unless i have to proc. something) i just go with the str and dex setup. Assimilation is 5/5, enchainment is 5/5 chain 5/5 phys 5/5.

I use the combo of plasma, frightful, & self for more str and refresh since i use vv & rr in abyssea when im /thf.

Plasma Charge
Frightful Roar
Self-Destruct
Animating Wail
Battery Charge
Plenilune Embrace
Quadratic Continuum
Fantod
Blitzstrahl
Uppercut
Head Butt
Heat Breath
Goblin Rush
Frenetic Rip
Triumphant Roar
Whirl of Rage
Vanity Dive

I use pretty much all of the big spells except frenetic, only have it in for acc bonus with vanity. I use vanity all the time to sata people or to 1 shot ephemerals or 1 shot a roaming avatar. I use whirl for when our ls farms time and i go along with blms when we sleep nuke 20+ mobs at once for time. Quad and goblin rush is always nice to spam after a sata vanity on someone. I use plenilune for the str and im always taking a lot of dmg.

tp set

dex shamshir+1 and oat khanda+1 (sometimes koggelmander in sub)

quad. set

+2 acc on the alkys and +4 acc augmented on the warwolf

gob. set & vanity set

+3 dex on the flame ring and +4 acc augmented on the warwolf

whirl set

+4 acc augmented on the warwolf

sanguine set

+2 int +2 mnd augmented on the diamond ring

I use Aias Bonnet for quad, gob, and whirl when chain or efflux isnt up.

By Areis 2010-12-03 06:32:14  
some notes: Blu is not my main, it will not be my main. Mostly looking for advice over where gear sets / concept of setting spells may have gone horribly wrong in miss understanding since I haven't used the job for anything in YEARS.

ok... Spells:
Quote:
Set Points 55/55
Head Butt
Disseverment
Sub-Zero Smash
Goblin Rush
Quad. Continuum

Cocoon
Plasma Charge
Anctic Burst
Plenilune Embrance
Battery Charge
Animating Wail

Acrid Stream
Demoralizing Roar
Auroral Drape
Sheep Song
Regurgitation

Traits:
Double Attack
Fast Cast
Auto-Refresh
Accuracy Bonus
Dual Weild

As far as upgrades go please do not include
AF3+1/+2
ToTM weapons
ACP, AMK, ASA items these are all set and staying this way
Suppa (no I'm not dropping my Bushi)
RARE NM drops / Salvage items etc.

Gear sets:
TP:

Str:

Dex:

Int/Mnd:

Mirke (+10 Acc/+10 Atk)
Diamond Ring (+2 Mnd, -4% Spell Interrupt)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-03 08:54:01  
TP: haste hands, Tiercel Necklace
STR: Mavi Tathlum, something with stats on it for head/legs
DEX: assuming that's a WS set, Soil Gorget
INT/MND: Gleeman's/Aslan/Prism Cape, pick your poison
By Areis 2010-12-03 09:23:54  
TP: guess easy upgrades would be Aurore Gloves, as far as Tiercel Neck 500k for something that I'm only going to use occasionally is out of the question

Str: Tathlum is on the list of things to do, I'm not pushing too hard.
As far as head/legs stats goes any suggestions? Someone mentioned Voyager's Sallet which shouldn't be too hard to get these days

Dex: Set is for generally Dex mod spells.

Int/Mnd: While i wouldn't mind overmuch if i had one of those I probably won't get any of the three just for Blu. I've upgraded my Blm to Ixion while waiting for Abyssea cape and use Blue Cape +1 for smn/whm.

I swear... it's not that I refuse to upgrade, I just have a different mindset about what I use Blu for.
I'm lookin for reasonable gear options that would make the job viable to use and consistent in low man situations.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-03 09:28:06  
Areis said:
TP: guess easy upgrades would be Aurore Gloves, as far as Tiercel Neck 500k for something that I'm only going to use occasionally is out of the question Str: Tathlum is on the list of things to do, I'm not pushing too hard. As far as head/legs stats goes any suggestions? Someone mentioned Voyager's Sallet which shouldn't be too hard to get these days Dex: Set is for generally Dex mod spells. Int/Mnd: While i wouldn't mind overmuch if i had one of those I probably won't get any of the three just for Blu. I've upgraded my Blm to Ixion while waiting for Abyssea cape and use Blue Cape +1 for smn/whm. I swear... it's not that I refuse to upgrade, I just have a different mindset about what I use Blu for. I'm lookin for reasonable gear options that would make the job viable to use and consistent in low man situations.

TP: Dusk is better and cheap too. You just need to make a macro for walking.

STR: Legs, you can get the base AF3 while you work to get the AF3+1 and +2. Sallet is good, I still don't really have a good STR headpiece myself and should get that.

DEX: You mean like Goblin rush? Use your STR set for that, you'll get better numbers. If you have doubts, test it out(~10 times with each set gives a quick look).

Depending on the INT/MND spell/thing you're doing, use your Spiral Ring instead of Balrahn's. Balrahn's would be good for some debuffs, but for something like Sanguine Blade, just use Spiral instead.
By Areis 2010-12-03 09:36:19  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

STR: Legs, you can get the base AF3 while you work to get the AF3+1 and +2. Sallet is good, I still don't really have a good STR headpiece myself and should get that.

DEX: You mean like Goblin rush? Use your STR set for that, you'll get better numbers.

Depending on the INT/MND spell/thing you're doing, use your Spiral Ring instead of Balrahn's. Balrahn's would be good for some debuffs, but for something like Sanguine Blade, just use Spiral instead.

TP: I won't ever wear dusk, macro for walking just drives me up the wall, yes they're better, no I don't play Blu enough to care that much about the difference as long as I don't go batty.

Str: I'll pick up the base AF3 legs for blu then when I get my next set of resistance credits (2 of 9 base pants so far =.=)

Dex: hell if I know someone mentioned something about some spells being dex based so i figured wth i'll just make a dex set, if I can get away with just 1 set for all "physical" blue magic that works fine for me
 Sylph.Bodhizapha
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Bodhizapha 2010-12-04 14:28:42  
love threads like these, (minus the bs bickering) allows me to see what other blus are using and what to aim for, keep em coming guys.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-07 07:25:43  
As of the new update, I'll probably be setting Winds of Promyvion instead of Plasma Charge for 90% of the stuff I do. The other 10% would be stat-stacking for Cannonball or other zerg events that don't require erase. I'll probably try working in Double Attack too now that it's cheaper to set.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-07 07:37:51  
Areis said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

DEX: You mean like Goblin rush? Use your STR set for that, you'll get better numbers.

TP: I won't ever wear dusk, macro for walking just drives me up the wall, yes they're better, no I don't play Blu enough to care that much about the difference as long as I don't go batty.

Str: I'll pick up the base AF3 legs for blu then when I get my next set of resistance credits (2 of 9 base pants so far =.=)

Dex: hell if I know someone mentioned something about some spells being dex based so i figured wth i'll just make a dex set, if I can get away with just 1 set for all "physical" blue magic that works fine for me

You should make an idle set with defensive stats/regen/refresh anyways, so just use dusk gloves for tp :P
Serp gloves/feet, Orochi Nowoda etc!