フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Everyone's Grudging over Job Adjustments
Everyone's Grudging over Job Adjustments
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-01 10:25:34  
Cerberus.Sey said:
I'll laugh if it's Everyone's Rancor instead. Time to dust off /BST. Oh how I miss thee.
Oh, man, I have a friend who gets hit for 30k damage from that. < .<
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-01 10:50:40  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I still swear there's something to be tested with Final Sting.
Such as? Kegsay's data was pretty thorough, though you may not have seen it.

Link it up? Nah, I haven't seen the testing. Just some minimal testing on Wiki talk pages.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-01 10:56:16  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I still swear there's something to be tested with Final Sting.
Such as? Kegsay's data was pretty thorough, though you may not have seen it.

Link it up? Nah, I haven't seen the testing. Just some minimal testing on Wiki talk pages.
Here's what I could dig up on a quick search, don't remember if there was more or not.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-01 13:00:24  
You know, I was thinking, Grudge could end up being based on the amount of damage you've taken since last time you cast it.
 Carbuncle.Vontri
user: Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-12-01 13:04:59  
It would be a useful Magical damage spell if it is based on your current enmity on the mob, like atonement.

I'm just waiting for Job Adjustment segment part 2 for any judgment on whether or not we got shat on or not.

On another note Sipar + Magical Accuracy Sword is the way to solo on RDM now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-01 13:23:39  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
You know, I was thinking, Grudge could end up being based on the amount of damage you've taken since last time you cast it.
That would be seriously borked considering you could get hit for 1000s in a matter of seconds in abyssea .-.

They gave us Atma of the Razed Ruins and Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity, and one spell would be borked because we could charge it to max damage quickly by taking a lot of damage?
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-01 13:24:36  
definitely just gonna be a normal spell with int and mab mods.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-01 13:27:02  
Asura.Matzilla said:
definitely just gonna be a normal spell with int and mab mods.

Don't be boring!
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-01 13:28:27  
dont hold your breath ;-; for the hipster dog's sake!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-01 13:35:48  
Asura.Matzilla said:

I wouldn't mind a strong Light or Dark based nuke.
Yeah, we have Eyes on Me but screw CHR mods.
Dark seems likely from the animation, but light would seem likely from the element of tonberries (and from the fact that the attack seems to come from their lantern).
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-01 13:38:20  
Asura.Matzilla said:
I wouldn't mind a strong Light or Dark based nuke. Yeah, we have Eyes on Me but screw CHR mods. Dark seems likely from the animation, but light would seem likely from the element of tonberries (and from the fact that the attack seems to come from their lantern).

Yeah, how many people use Burst Affinity to do a Magic Burst other than Actinic Burst or MP Drainkiss anymore? Would be nice to have a fast casting magical spell that does some decent numbers when bursted.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-01 13:43:25  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
I wouldn't mind a strong Light or Dark based nuke. Yeah, we have Eyes on Me but screw CHR mods. Dark seems likely from the animation, but light would seem likely from the element of tonberries (and from the fact that the attack seems to come from their lantern).

Yeah, how many people use Burst Affinity to do a Magic Burst other than Actinic Burst or MP Drainkiss anymore? Would be nice to have a fast casting magical spell that does some decent numbers when bursted.

I solo iron giants with regurgitation and mind blast, not bursted. Regurgitation can get over 1000 and Mind Blast is usually in the 600 range, and my gear for them is kinda crappy!
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-01 13:45:47  
Just the same, the damage isn't comparable to the physical spells. Magic spells still reign supreme for solo kiting situations obviously, but the damage isn't even comparable.

If I didn't have rdm leveled, I would do the same. The regurg and mind blast soloing that is...
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-01 13:46:58  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Just the same, the damage isn't comparable to the physical spells. Magic spells still reign supreme for solo kiting situations obviously, but the damage isn't even comparable.

If I didn't have rdm leveled, I would do the same. The regurg and mind blast soloing that is...

You don't get checked as much by the 15 people waiting for you to die so they can steal it from you when you're obviously a RDM though!
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-01 13:48:59  
You're right. You get the people calling a GM on you, and the *** that stand in your way on purpose.

Makes you love this game doesn't it?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-01 13:50:14  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
You're right. You get the people calling a GM on you, and the *** that stand in your way on purpose.

Makes you love this game doesn't it?

Oh, also on BLU you get the *** who cure you because you forgot /blockaid, and since regurgitation is virtually hateless, the giant peels off across the zone after them. >_>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-01 13:56:38  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
I solo iron giants with regurgitation and mind blast, not bursted. Regurgitation can get over 1000 and Mind Blast is usually in the 600 range, and my gear for them is kinda crappy!

Hmm, I suppose I could Regurgitation after a skillchain. Water is a part of Darkness so I guess it'd have to be Expiacion > Benthic > Regurg. At the moment I prefer Savage Blade > Goblin Rush for Light simply because I don't have the inventory space to make a really good Benthic Typhoon build. Not to mention it whiffs a lot more often than any other spell.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-01 14:00:03  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

Hmm, I suppose I could Regurgitation after a skillchain. Water is a part of Darkness so I guess it'd have to be Expiacion > Benthic > Regurg. At the moment I prefer Savage Blade > Goblin Rush for Light simply because I don't have the inventory space to make a really good Benthic Typhoon build. Not to mention it whiffs a lot more often than any other spell.

SB -> Quadratic Continuum --> Distortion?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-01 14:02:05  
(although you're going to be really disappointed in super vomit's damage unless you're wearing a full nuking set and a HQ staff, so uh, back to solo kiting)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-01 14:05:39  
(although you're going to be really disappointed in super vomit's damage unless you're wearing a full nuking set and a HQ staff, so uh, back to solo kiting)

You won't have any TP after you do your Chain Affinity'd spell anyway so there'd be no reason not to swap to HQ staff(other than sheer laziness). The question is, is it worth waiting the long casting time of Regurgitation for a Magic Burst when you can just get back to spamming other physical spells?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-01 14:15:50  
It's not worth waiting. Currently the most damage comes from physical spam. It's not even close.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-01 14:58:24  
Is one of the new spell Lamb Chop lol?
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-12-01 15:06:13  
Looks like Samurai is still killing Demons...

Inuyasha influences SE too much.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-01 18:37:11  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

You mean Onimusha ;)

Man that videogame was fun!
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-01 18:38:50  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

You mean Onimusha ;)

Man that videogame was fun!
Jean Reno is in Onimusha?!
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-01 18:41:29  
Yea, I think that was Onimusha 3. And the Japanese character was actually another famous real actor.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-12-01 18:54:37  
Samurai slaying demons?

Pic related, it's a SAM molesting an imp.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-01 21:14:52  
Hades.Cheyne said:
When do they usually release the spell lists for BLU?

We will know through data mining about 5-10 mins after people have the new data updated.