Here Is Your Holy Man, Bathed In The Blood Of Inno

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Here is your holy man, bathed in the blood of inno
Here is your holy man, bathed in the blood of inno
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-24 16:08:52  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Considering everyone who claims to be a part of religion is a *** nut case they don't need to actually do anything nutty to prove it.

Saying their is a god is the equivalent of me saying the Great Gazoo sits on my shoulder and tells me things, and if I did I'd expect people to treat me like a crazy ***, just the same as all people who belong to religions need to be treated.

You sound to me more like a crazy *** because you hate people based on their beliefs. I don't know if you know this but you seem to be just as bad as other extremists because you have no tolerance for people with a different belief then your own.

I never said I hated anyone, I just prefer to not be surrounded by crazy ***.

You don't have to say the word 'hate' to express that you hate someone. Your posts sound very hateful and intolerant.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:10:43  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Considering everyone who claims to be a part of religion is a *** nut case they don't need to actually do anything nutty to prove it.

Saying their is a god is the equivalent of me saying the Great Gazoo sits on my shoulder and tells me things, and if I did I'd expect people to treat me like a crazy ***, just the same as all people who belong to religions need to be treated.

You sound to me more like a crazy *** because you hate people based on their beliefs. I don't know if you know this but you seem to be just as bad as other extremists because you have no tolerance for people with a different belief then your own.

I never said I hated anyone, I just prefer to not be surrounded by crazy ***.

You don't have to say the word 'hate' to express that you hate someone. Your posts sound very hateful and intolerant.

That's your opinion and an opinion that is very far from the truth.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 16:10:50  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

He has one, he just doesn't use it all the time.
I like to deconstruct beliefs that are not my own as well as my own.
But thinking logically and thinking with your heart seems to clash quite a few times.
But that's just how humans are, and that's why people have to go to the extreme of saying that they completely disagree with something.
They have to depend on solid beliefs systems to complete who they are.
Ignoring and buzzing out others is just the easy way out.
And the religious and atheistic alike both do this.
Not all of them on both sides.
But I'd imagine a good deal likely does.

you can't think with the heart, it's an organ that isn't used nor capable of the function of "thinking"
pfft. you know I was speaking in metaphorical terms with the "heart"
way to go, got anything else to say other than that?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:11:54  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

He has one, he just doesn't use it all the time.
I like to deconstruct beliefs that are not my own as well as my own.
But thinking logically and thinking with your heart seems to clash quite a few times.
But that's just how humans are, and that's why people have to go to the extreme of saying that they completely disagree with something.
They have to depend on solid beliefs systems to complete who they are.
Ignoring and buzzing out others is just the easy way out.
And the religious and atheistic alike both do this.
Not all of them on both sides.
But I'd imagine a good deal likely does.

you can't think with the heart, it's an organ that isn't used nor capable of the function of "thinking"
pfft. you know I was speaking in metaphorical terms with the "heart"
way to go, got anything else to say other than that?
yeah the metaphorical heart is another belief, for all you know it's a myth created by chemicals in your brain.

Also yeah, I know but I was being a ***.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-24 16:13:38  
Furthermore, removing religion would do nothing to get people to live up to your elevated standards of moral or logical thinking.

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 16:14:18  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
yeah the metaphorical heart is another belief, for all you know it's a myth created by chemicals in your brain.

Can't be sure.
the concept of "heart" in the metaphorical sense is as real as the concept of good and evil as well.
it's easy to disagree with something, a bit harder to put a bit more thought into it rather than just saying it's wrong.
I've had this same argument with my grandmother who hates muslims and she's a christian and believes everything she sees on the boob-toob.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:15:05  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Furthermore, removing religion would do nothing to get people to live up to your elevated standards of moral or logical thinking.

Hence why I'm against the entire concept that creates religion, if you haven't gathered that by now then you need to start paying attention.

edit: It's common to remove the cause of a problem instead of dealing with the actual problem, fortunately over time people have managed to realize the fallacies of said line of thinking and are moving away from it.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 16:16:40  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

Hence why I'm against the entire concept that creates religion, if you haven't gathered that by now then you need to start paying attention.

edit: It's common to remove the cause of a problem instead of dealing with the actual problem, fortunately over time people have managed to realize the fallacies of said line of thinking and are moving away from it.
Why are you against it?
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-24 16:17:00  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

I'm sorry, I only read the first half of the first page and the fourth page. Please explain to me your concept that creates religion and hence forth corrupted morals or illogical thinking.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:17:34  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Can't be sure.
the concept of "heart" in the metaphorical sense is as real as the concept of good and evil as well.
it's easy to disagree with something, a bit harder to put a bit more thought into it rather than just saying it's wrong.
I've had this same argument with my grandmother who hates muslims and she's a christian and believes everything she sees on the boob-toob.

Oh I saw your good vs evil discussion, yes they are metaphorical concepts. That's a given.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 16:17:55  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
running around killing each other based on differences in illogical solutions to ignorance.
That's why I keep saying humans are so easily corruptible regardless of faith or not.
Why do you believe they are corrupted?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:18:12  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
running around killing each other based on differences in illogical solutions to ignorance.
That's why I keep saying humans are so easily corruptible regardless of faith or not.

illogical solutions to ignorance = faith

Pay attention.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:19:54  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

I'm sorry, I only read the first half of the first page and the fourth page. Please explain to me your concept that creates religion and hence forth corrupted morals or illogical thinking.

ignorance and seeking to end the ignorance without logic creates religion, needing answers now and not accepting "we need to research it" as an acceptable answer.

Also morals are purely subjective and have no real meaning.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 16:21:36  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

Why are you against it?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:24:21  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Pay attention.
Paying attention is actually one of my better qualities.

well you aren't doing a very good job of it, so I'd hate to see your other "qualities"

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Nutt
サーバ: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-11-24 16:28:18  
I read this at work the other day. This sort of thing happens quite often. Why are the Catholic Priests the only ones getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar?

The Congregations who follow and cover up for these Vile priests are no better than the actual priests themselves.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:29:17  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Also morals are purely subjective and have no real meaning.
For a heartless murderer yes it is, but for someone with principle it is a wonder to have.

Morals have no meaning, they are purely subjective, to EVERYONE.

Also everyone has a heart, if you don't you're not alive, unless you're speaking of the metaphorical heart, which is about as real as morals or good and evil.

Principles are subjective too.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 16:33:56  
Why are you against religion Jet?

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Pay attention.
well you aren't doing a very good job of it, so I'd hate to see your other "qualities"
You won't ever get the chance to see me as a whole person, since you locked yourself up in your brain and are unreachable.

You believe I am closed-minded, but yet do not realize that knowledge is the root to all great things; so how can you call me closed-minded while being closed-minded lol?
You are closed minded.
As well as open minded.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-24 16:34:57  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

I take it this is the concept you were alluding too? Since you didn't specify I'm going to assume that by the 'problem' you are referring to questions long asked by man such as, 'How did we get here?', 'What is our purpose?', etc. and that by 'dealing with the problem' you are referring to religion as an answer to those questions. I am also assuming by '...fallacies of said line of thinking and moving away from it' you mean converting to atheism.

Atheism is no more a better a solution to the 'problem' (if I interpreted it right) than religion. I believe that atheism takes the stance that there is no real solution to said 'problem', while religion usually uses a God or belief set to explain the 'problem'.

Both answer the 'problem' in their own way but I don't see how atheism's answer that there is no purpose is any better or more right than religion's.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:38:49  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Pay attention.
You won't ever get the chance to see me as a whole person, since you locked yourself up in your brain and are unreachable.

You believe I am closed-minded, but yet do not realize that knowledge is the root to all great things; so how can you call me closed-minded while being closed-minded lol?
You are closed minded.
As well as open minded.

I'm against the very thoughts that cause religion, permitting illogical thinking and ignorance regardless of the truths in front of you, that doesn't make me close minded one bit.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 16:40:34  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I'm against the very thoughts that cause religion, permitting illogical thinking and ignorance regardless of the truths in front of you, that doesn't make me close minded one bit.
What illogical thinking and ignorance?
Care to elaborate on why you believe it to be illogical and irrational as opposed to what you firmly believe in?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:45:31  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

I take it this is the concept you were alluding too? Since you didn't specify I'm going to assume that by the 'problem' you are referring to questions long asked by man such as, 'How did we get here?', 'What is our purpose?', etc. and that by 'dealing with the problem' you are referring to religion as an answer to those questions. I am also assuming by '...fallacies of said line of thinking and moving away from it' you mean converting to atheism.

Atheism is no more a better a solution to the 'problem' (if I interpreted it right) than religion. I believe that atheism takes the stance that there is no real solution to said 'problem', while religion usually uses a God or belief set to explain the 'problem'.

Both answer the 'problem' in their own way but I don't see how atheism's answer that there is no purpose is any better or more right than religion's.

Atheism is the lack of a belief in a god, nothing more. It doesn't offer solutions or anything else for that matter.

Atheism isn't a religion you cannot convert to it, why are you treating it as one?

Science offers solutions, but can back them up, religion can't back up their claims, which is the logical approach? People don't like that science can't give them all the answers they want or the ones they want to hear so they ignore it, which is "blissful ignorance"
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:46:18  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Illogical thinking and ignorance is subjective as well though.

no there's a set logic for the world and ignorance is clearly defined.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-24 16:47:08  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

What illogical thinking and ignorance?
Care to elaborate on why you believe it to be illogical and irrational as opposed to what you firmly believe in?

I firmly believe in nothing, short of what can be proven to me, to do otherwise would be irrational.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10