How Would YOU Bring Back Low-level Parties?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How would YOU bring back low-level parties?
How would YOU bring back low-level parties?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-10 13:22:41  
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Getting all jobs to 85 is all that matters, seriously?
No, the content after leveling is what matters. Learn to read.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-10 13:23:24  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
He's not.

Abyssea is great. If you got to start it with a job high enough.

If you have no cruor and no 75s, Abyssea sucks because nobody will invite you.
That's only true if you also have no friends who will let you leech for free until you have some cruor built up.
I got lucky in this regard. Friend in my LS asked his abyssea alli leader if I could leech, got me to 65-70. After a couple levels, I had enough cruor to start buying keys, so I did.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-10 13:26:30  
I thought grinding was a good thing?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-10 13:34:03  
No?

Ramuh.Laffter said:
I got lucky in this regard. Friend in my LS asked his abyssea alli leader if I could leech, got me to 65-70. After a couple levels, I had enough cruor to start buying keys, so I did.
Would have to be pretty mean-spirited to say no in that situation imo, not like you need 17 people to get a good flow going. Besides, cruor flows like water as you noted.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-10 13:38:21  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
No?

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Would have to be pretty mean-spirited to say no in that situation imo, not like you need 17 people to get a good flow going. Besides, cruor flows like water as you noted.
Haha, that night, we found that you can keep it flowing with only 11. Lol.

Though shortly afterward, I had to leave due to being capped at 70. ~.~
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-10 13:43:06  
We've maintained TEs with two people, farming azure/pearl/amber exclusively (ie no ruby, no ebon). Three does it comfortably. Only difference is the level of the repops and maybe killspeed really. Went 34-57 on my MNK on such a run, never had more than 7 people (not including myself). Pretty sure you could get ruby light for better exp/hr and still maintain TE if you bring ~6 good people (acceptable gear, 2x atmas).
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-10 14:01:43  
While I agree that the level grind isn't as fun, Abyssea is still going to be lacking.

A small man group will be able to have everything they want in 6 months to a year (that's including the next mini add-on abyssea deal).

I like fast rewards and fast leveling as much as the next person, but this will be the inevitable demise of this game unless they continue to release content. If they have the next abyssea add-on and that's it, the game will become boring within a year. I'm already getting bored with it because of the ease of play.

I was actually hoping at 99 they would make the game more PvP friendly to keep people interested.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 14:35:52  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
While I agree that the level grind isn't as fun, Abyssea is still going to be lacking.

A small man group will be able to have everything they want in 6 months to a year (that's including the next mini add-on abyssea deal).

I like fast rewards and fast leveling as much as the next person, but this will be the inevitable demise of this game unless they continue to release content. If they have the next abyssea add-on and that's it, the game will become boring within a year. I'm already getting bored with it because of the ease of play.

I was actually hoping at 99 they would make the game more PvP friendly to keep people interested.
Old content isn't any different. A group of 6 could have 5/5 Homam and Nash if they really cared. All the AF2 armour they want, all the ichor they want, all the sea drops they want etc. etc. in the same time frame. Could easily get a relic or two in that time frame as well.

The only thing that would take significantly longer to get drops from would be Salvage, and piss poor drop rates are not the answer.
 Phoenix.Angelinn
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2010-11-10 16:20:48  
How would I bring back lower level parties?

I wouldn't. They were horrible.

At this stage in the game, if you can't get to 37 with a friend or 2, then find an Abyssea group to leech from until 75+ when you can actually contribute, then you should at least be able to farm the gil to buy into one of the countless Abyssea merc groups out there.

Where's the fun in that, some people ask me. Well, where's the fun in 2-3 months of brain-grinding exp parties with strangers who don't even try to be good at their jobs or gear intelligently? It's because of this that I never had the heart to level jobs I thought looked really fun, such as THF and SMN. The thought of the unbearable grind between 30 and 70 just made me lose interest.

And "leeching all the way to high levels makes people not know how to play their jobs" is not valid. The people who sucked before abyssea leeching will suck now regardless of whether they leeched abyssea or not. And the people who didn't suck, will still not suck after leeching.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-10 16:29:25  
The line between suck and non-suck is no longer existant anyway. Abyssea isn't difficult nor challenging in any way shape or form. The only line that exists now is low man or non low man.

You can beat all of the ***with 18 people with little effort at all, but can you beat it with 4?

I guess I just miss the chance of death.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 16:33:55  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
The line between suck and non-suck is no longer existant anyway. Abyssea isn't difficult nor challenging in any way shape or form. The only line that exists now is low man or non low man.

You can beat all of the ***with 18 people with little effort at all, but can you beat it with 4?

FFXI was never hard etc.
 Phoenix.Angelinn
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2010-11-10 17:05:50  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

Agreed. The most fun I've had in this game in... well, years, has been lowmanning stuff in abyssea. Part of that is due to having good company, but a lot of it is just because it seems a lot more fun to ride the line of failing and barely squeak by with a good friend, rather than brainlessly hack away at something with 17 other people.

The only thing lowman groups (2-4 people) have difficulty doing is getting some of the higher-tier atmas, just because the job selection required for lowmanning some things are too restricted to be able to bring people for proccing weaknesses.
 Valefor.Quickmart
サーバ: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2010-11-10 17:16:31  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Valefor.Quickmart said:

no exp gain if your level is over 20 levels below the party level unless you are level synced

Depends, most low levels don't get EXP from mobs anyway for quite a while, they get it as a "reward" from the chests. So they don't really "gain" exp, it's more than they're "given" it.

So unless you plan on making chests not give EXP, then it wouldn't really fix the "leeching" EXP.
I didn't say no exp from mob kills..No exp at all.
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-11-10 17:21:13  
Af3 body seals, FROM THE DUNES SON!
 Cerberus.Nostylin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2010-11-10 17:51:50  
how about they just raise the level cap to 250...
 Asura.Railock
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Railock 2010-11-10 18:03:05  
This might benefit solo more than party, but have chests from the FOV zones give exp + gil. Same deal like in abyssea where if you're in a PT have the rewards given to every member.

Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-10 18:10:18  
Leviathan.Novax said:
Af3 body seals, FROM THE DUNES SON!
10drglfp
 Valefor.Gespenst
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gespenst
By Valefor.Gespenst 2010-11-10 18:31:47  
Phoenix.Angelinn said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
The line between suck and non-suck is no longer existant anyway. Abyssea isn't difficult nor challenging in any way shape or form. The only line that exists now is low man or non low man. You can beat all of the ***with 18 people with little effort at all, but can you beat it with 4? I guess I just miss the chance of death.
Agreed. The most fun I've had in this game in... well, years, has been lowmanning stuff in abyssea. Part of that is due to having good company, but a lot of it is just because it seems a lot more fun to ride the line of failing and barely squeak by with a good friend, rather than brainlessly hack away at something with 17 other people. The only thing lowman groups (2-4 people) have difficulty doing is getting some of the higher-tier atmas, just because the job selection required for lowmanning some things are too restricted to be able to bring people for proccing weaknesses.

I'd have to agree with you here, my Linkshell is small and most of us are really new to the game so we haven't had as much time to do the old content. So the most fun I've had playing in the last few months has been low-manning old content, I think once we have the people around to do it, it'll be just as much fun to low-man newer content.

The only real problem I have with Abyssea is the time it takes to get things going sometimes, but that's kinda how the game has always been. I mean seriously, Dynamis was/is a 3 hour commitment and that's not counting the good 10-30 minutes it takes everyone to get ready.

As to what this topic was about, I think if you want to have a traditional party, go find friends that want to as well and have a traditional player. I too, sometimes I miss the old school parties just because with the right people and right set up they could actually be fun; however, I'd rather not trade a few good times here and there in a couple parties for not being able to level DRK from 77 to 80 in just a few hours. Last week alone I was in 4 "traditional" parties and a few Linkshell friends of mine leveled from 12ish-20ish and 50-57 in tradtional parties. They DO still exist if you want to find them.
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-11-10 18:34:08  
Not if seals don't drop unless you're in a party.

/shades on

Yeahhhhh
By Halfpint 2010-11-11 13:20:41  
hmmmmm....
low level pt's....how low?? The goal would be to make leveling in the 30-60 range more attractive.

I would like to see the first set of maws adjusted so they are do-able by lvl 30+ pt's, but become usless to anyone over lvl 65.

.Maybe a level sync system that allows one person to link down to one other lower level job..this means that at least 3 ppl in the party can be a lower level.
Since leeching below 50 really isn't an advantage this might work really well.

Key leeching is great when you can find a pt. that will let you leech. Hasn't happen to me..even in my LS.

I don't support key leeching, there are many skills you have to learn between 30 and 70 and leeching does not give you a chance to learn those skills. I see more and more ineffective players coming out of that situation.

Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-11 13:28:25  
Halfpint said:

I don't support key leeching, there are many skills you have to learn between 30 and 70 and leeching does not give you a chance to learn those skills. I see more and more ineffective players coming out of that situation.

there have always been gimps

if you are a terrible player grinding the job to 75 85 isn't going to change that etc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-11 13:33:12  
I need to figure something out pretty soon. I'm so bored, I'm on the verge of quitting.

I have an Abyssea linkshell run again tonight, and I couldn't care less. The desire to log in is fading.

Maybe I should give Hello Kitty Island Adventure a shot.
[+]
By Damrod 2010-11-11 21:25:52  
I really don't think the old party system/xp system will rise again (good riddance!). I don't think SE is going to implement anything to detract from selling their new baby. Hell I give them props for putting new hi-lvl/non-aggro xp mobs in old zones just so the hold outs from abyssea have something to level on. Really...that is almost a gift from them "Here, you don't wanna buy our new add-on...xp on this then"

But to those that are really nostalgic or the newer players that want a taste of what the "old timers" did...I suggest starting a new linkshell on your server...Call it "FFXI Retro" or "Nostalgia" and run it like an event LS. Shout for membership in the popular cities on your server. Maybe set a night or two a week aside like you do for Abyssea/Dynamis/Limbus and go to town leveling those "other" jobs you thought you'd never level.

I personally don't miss grinding for hours and hours in one spot...it was f'ing boring and monotonous to me...but that's just me....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Orison
user: Byte
By Lakshmi.Orison 2010-11-12 04:31:25  
Make traverser stones obtainable with Conquest Points.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-12 04:43:08  
Halfpint said:
there are many skills you have to learn between 30 and 70
Such as? Remember, you said "between 30 and 70"... This has to be a list of skills you can only learn in that level range, not something you could pick up on if you were given the job at level 71.
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-11-12 04:52:53  
1)Set level limit inside abyssea to 65.
2)Increase exp per mob out of abyssea. (120 easy con, 150 decent con, 180 even, 210 tough, 250 vt, 300-400IT)
3)Make exp bands limitless on recharges per conquest tally AND cut down time between charges in half(an example you could use emperor band once every 8 hours and could recharge it as much as 7 times a week)
4)Increase rewards per fov page AND add fov to dungeons, and all other zones they aren't currently in.
5)Create a new tier of conquest point rewards to reflect the current level(meaning lvl85 gear/weps)
6)Add fov books in the past and allow exp ptys and ppl using the fov's to get allied notes from it (like conquest points)
7)Add a new tier of gear/weps for the allied notes.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-12 05:07:30  
Siren.Catabolic said:
1)Set level limit inside abyssea to 65.
3)Make exp bands limitless on recharges per conquest tally AND cut down time between charges in half(an example you could use emperor band once every 10 hours and could recharge it as much as 5 times a week)
4)Increase rewards per fov page AND add fov to dungeons, and all other zones they aren't currently in.
6)Add fov books in the past and allow exp ptys and ppl using the fov's to get allied notes from it (like conquest points)
7)Add a new tier of gear/weps for the allied notes.

I like these particular ideas, I liked 1), but it was a little too extreme.

However, The only current method to obtaining Allied notes is through Campaign. its not like Campaign where killing mobs (based on exp) gets Conquest points, so an alternate method of getting Allied Notes wouldn't be too bad.

Though i doubt anything short of an Abyssea exp nerf would drag people away from it, unless exp outside got really great, it'd be nothing more than probably a way to get some exp while LFG for an abyssea party lol.

Now, Personally, I don't want to bring back low-level parties, to be quite frank they're riddled with morons, all of them make terrible exp, people rarely know their jobs, no ones geared right cause its the "Its only a sub job, Why bother buying all this expensive gear?" Mindset, etc etc.

Basically your average abyssea PUG's set-up with less exp/hr.

Now i know that seems a bit selfish, because honestly new people don't always have friends who can let them leech things like Abyssea exp parties, But now adays it doesn't take very long to get from 1~40 solo. With FoV, proper gear, combined with maybe duo/solo some MMM Mazes inbetween pages... I got almost all of my Support jobs to 40 (before I decided for Maats cap) in about ~3-4 Weeks, and this was slacking off and doing a lot of other things (also was pre-abyssea lol).

So, not finding a lowbie party sucks ***, but at the same time, at least with FoV, exp rings, MMM (you can solo MMM, Just need to get Peon or Weakness runes) you can level pretty quick.

I'd have to say ~30-40 is the roughest, MMM becomes hard to solo around those levels even with /DNC and some meds, you won't kill fast enough on some jobs, and Qufim is still a little rough, and the other zones mobs are all ~EP or suck to exp on (Tigers/Funguars, ***/raptors, etc).

Still, Definitely think, just to help new players, they should inrease the exp gained from mobs while solo a bit higher than it is now, and give FoV exp a bit of a boost too, to encourage solo play while LFG since now adays LFG can take a while.

40+ Is another story, I know it'd be rough as hell... They should probably lower the "Full exp" requirement on Campaign to about level 50, and, as i said above, increase exp given by mobs solo/party up a little bit.

maybe ~90 for EP, 100 for DC ~150EM, 250 T, ~300 VT, 350IT+

Seems a fair bit for solo, But it definitely has some room for improvement, i just think raising FoV exp rewards up more would solve a lot of problems, maybe double all of them.
[+]
 Siren.Verona
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2010-11-12 05:29:29  
Siren.Kuz said:
As mentioned, make the minimum requirements in Abyssea to be 70.
People may complain that then they can't enter to do NMs or Missions in there at lower levels... well... simple solution for that.

Make it so you don't get EXP until 70. That way you can enter any level you want... but would be impossible to party/leech there.

Another Idea is... have Seals or AF3 Items... drop outside Abyssea.
that would sure as hell get people spread out again :D
Hey Kuz. I like your user title. :D

I don't think they'll introduce any sort of lower limit for abyssea. I'd support it, but they won't do it. The thing that people seem to be overlooking is that the main reason people aren't doing lower level parties is because noone has any lower jobs they want to level. The people who are chest whoring in abyssea aren't doing it because they enjoy the job and want to level it, they're doing it so they can lord it over everyone else. And that sucks because I'm going to have to solo BLU to 99.

Not to mention, SE are trying to divert traffic towards FFXIV. I'm fairly certain they introduced zones where you can only play x amount of time so people can say "I have no stones... guess I'll go play FFXIV now."

But that didn't work. Because FFXIV is ***. Maybe they'll change something when they relise that, but I doubt they will.

What they could do is introduce a sort of mini anni ring. One you can recharge with conquest points. They can't really tweak the exp mobs give again, they did that not too long ago. New jobs perhaps?
 Siren.Catabolic
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-11-12 18:39:04  

Siren.Verona said:
Siren.Kuz said:
As mentioned, make the minimum requirements in Abyssea to be 70.
People may complain that then they can't enter to do NMs or Missions in there at lower levels... well... simple solution for that.

Make it so you don't get EXP until 70. That way you can enter any level you want... but would be impossible to party/leech there.

Another Idea is... have Seals or AF3 Items... drop outside Abyssea.
that would sure as hell get people spread out again :D
Hey Kuz. I like your user title. :D

I don't think they'll introduce any sort of lower limit for abyssea. I'd support it, but they won't do it. The thing that people seem to be overlooking is that the main reason people aren't doing lower level parties is because noone has any lower jobs they want to level. The people who are chest whoring in abyssea aren't doing it because they enjoy the job and want to level it, they're doing it so they can lord it over everyone else. And that sucks because I'm going to have to solo BLU to 99.

Not to mention, SE are trying to divert traffic towards FFXIV. I'm fairly certain they introduced zones where you can only play x amount of time so people can say "I have no stones... guess I'll go play FFXIV now."

But that didn't work. Because FFXIV is ***. Maybe they'll change something when they relise that, but I doubt they will.

What they could do is introduce a sort of mini anni ring. One you can recharge with conquest points. They can't really tweak the exp mobs give again, they did that not too long ago. New jobs perhaps?

In bold I can't agree with. I have a hard time believing everyone has all of their subjobs up to level 49 already. Especially considering I've seen a ton of gimped subjobs in the past month (and that's gimped at 85. It's about to become 90).
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-11-12 19:01:40  
Siren.Catabolic said:
I have a hard time believing everyone has all of their subjobs up to level 49 already. Especially considering I've seen a ton of gimped subjobs in the past month (and that's gimped at 85. It's about to become 90).

I just took SCH from 35-49 and MNK from 37-40 in the last week. I had no trouble finding parties. Did I seek a little longer, or have to opt for a few less than optimal sync parties? Sure. But it was really not much different than leveling last year, or even the year before.

Go out and do some FoV with your flag up and a search comment. I generally get an invite within an hour.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7