How Would YOU Bring Back Low-level Parties?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How would YOU bring back low-level parties?
How would YOU bring back low-level parties?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-09 18:02:40  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
I really like Judaine's idea.

I rly liek ur avatar
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-09 18:03:07  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
crash the servers so everyone loses all gear, lvls unlocked jobs forcing you to start over and make the game free or atleast cheaper
Nobody would come back. :/
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-09 18:03:20  
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
I really like Judaine's idea.

I rly liek ur avatar
Uh, thank you. :D
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-11-09 18:04:46  
Beef up the exp rewards in MMM would be an easy way to make people excited about leveling outside abyssea.

MMM exp already decent enough and dont take a crazy perfect group set up to do.

Bonus exp multiplied on top of exp bands also atm as it is.

and maze syncs to lowest level person in the group so just have to find 6 people and level sync.. then fight very toughs or toughs or w/e you set the difficulty at.

can pull 16k or so an hour at any level in MMM w/o too much stress and a break every 30 mins (how long maze lasts per run) is nice.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-09 18:05:21  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Well, as we all know, there has been a tremendous decline in the amount of low level parties, or any parties outside of Abyssea nowadays. Heck, I have a 40 summoner I'd like to level but all I can do is either solo or HOPE to get in an abyssea party as a chest-***, since anyone seeking lv30-75 is asking to be a chest-***. Hardly anyone does a regular exp party.

So tell me FFXIAH, how in the world could SE possibly bring back parties outside of abyssea?

By fixing campaign, sound pretty simple. Make it an FFXIV-like exp distribution where you randomly get exp for actions done on enemy or party memebers, but this time something decently fast, in the same trend as weak astral burn parties (30k an hour sounds good). Make a PT bonus in campaign (say +50% bonus in a party of 6) and make every successfull action give like 50 exp. I should start being decent a 30.

You could also imagine campaign forts where you automatically sync to level 20/30/40...
This is actually a pretty good idea imo.
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-09 18:09:00  
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
Beef up the exp rewards in MMM would be an easy way to make people excited about leveling outside abyssea. MMM exp already decent enough and dont take a crazy perfect group set up to do. Bonus exp multiplied on top of exp bands also atm as it is. and maze syncs to lowest level person in the group so just have to find 6 people and level sync.. then fight very toughs or toughs or w/e you set the difficulty at. can pull 16k or so an hour at any level in MMM w/o too much stress and a break every 30 mins (how long maze lasts per run) is nice.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Well, as we all know, there has been a tremendous decline in the amount of low level parties, or any parties outside of Abyssea nowadays. Heck, I have a 40 summoner I'd like to level but all I can do is either solo or HOPE to get in an abyssea party as a chest-***, since anyone seeking lv30-75 is asking to be a chest-***. Hardly anyone does a regular exp party. So tell me FFXIAH, how in the world could SE possibly bring back parties outside of abyssea?
By fixing campaign, sound pretty simple. Make it an FFXIV-like exp distribution where you randomly get exp for actions done on enemy or party memebers, but this time something decently fast, in the same trend as weak astral burn parties (30k an hour sounds good). Make a PT bonus in campaign (say +50% bonus in a party of 6) and make every successfull action give like 50 exp. I should start being decent a 30. You could also imagine campaign forts where you automatically sync to level 20/30/40...
This is actually a pretty good idea imo.

My idea kinda incorporates MMM and Campaign together :x
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-09 18:10:42  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
crash the servers so everyone loses all gear, lvls unlocked jobs forcing you to start over and make the game free or atleast cheaper
IF U LUV FF U WILL
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-09 18:11:48  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
IF U LUV FF U WILL
Only the really hardcore people would bother having to restart.

If the servers got erased, everybody would pretty much /rageuninstall
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-11-09 18:11:59  
Introduce the option to have a level cap in Walk of Echoes if you wished to. No exp loss if you die, and you're given XP per mob and also a large chunk at the end if the zone is cleared, much the same way as it is now, that way it would give an incentive to the slackers to do some work.

Get some cool temp items to mess with at low level.

Work your *** off to get into the top 5 (scaled lower if onry 6 man), and get a chest reward with some loot.

Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-09 18:13:00  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
IF U LUV FF U WILL
Only the really hardcore people would bother having to restart. If the servers got erased, everybody would pretty much /rageuninstall
all the ppl that play now are hardcore!!!!! they just dont know it yet
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-09 18:16:06  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Well, as we all know, there has been a tremendous decline in the amount of low level parties, or any parties outside of Abyssea nowadays. Heck, I have a 40 summoner I'd like to level but all I can do is either solo or HOPE to get in an abyssea party as a chest-***, since anyone seeking lv30-75 is asking to be a chest-***. Hardly anyone does a regular exp party. So tell me FFXIAH, how in the world could SE possibly bring back parties outside of abyssea?
By fixing campaign, sound pretty simple. Make it an FFXIV-like exp distribution where you randomly get exp for actions done on enemy or party memebers, but this time something decently fast, in the same trend as weak astral burn parties (30k an hour sounds good). Make a PT bonus in campaign (say +50% bonus in a party of 6) and make every successfull action give like 50 exp. I should start being decent a 30. You could also imagine campaign forts where you automatically sync to level 20/30/40...
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
making low level camps inside abyssea doesnt help the newer players without it unlocked, which recently im seeing more of. Sooo doesnt help low lvl pting at all
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Most people don't PT outside Abyssea these days because Abyssea simply gives you whole lot more EXP. It's simple logic. That being said, how about instead of SE increasing Abyssea's level entry requirement, they do something more like the following: Create "low level camps" inside abyssea for low level jobs to form PTs. This way, you can have high level mobs/camps for high level players, and lower level mobs/camps for low level players. Everyone gets to PT/contribute, and everyone gets high EXP.
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Introduce the option to have a level cap in Walk of Echoes if you wished to. No exp loss if you die, and you're given XP per mob and also a large chunk at the end if the zone is cleared, much the same way as it is now, that way it would give an incentive to the slackers to do some work. Get some cool temp items to mess with at low level. Work your *** off to get into the top 5 (scaled lower if onry 6 man), and get a chest reward with some loot.

My Idea:

Is to try to mix Campaign, MMM, and WoE together (in a completely new event), but more-so to depopularize Abyssea as a target for lower levels. You shouldn't have to sit there and waste your time on people who are trying to build lights but fail miserabely at it, or try to find the right amount of people lv75+. This is more-so of an escape from Abyssea with decent EXP.

As for trying to bring back current low level camps, It'd be very difficult to add new FoV's and mobs in new zones to get people out of Abyssea, and into regular zones.
By Sheelay 2010-11-09 18:23:06  
Odin.Sheelay said:
- In Abyssea:

Allow Level Sync Abyssean parties to take place starting from lvl 30 and more peaople will be able to level low jobs all together since anyone will basically be eligible for the 'chest bish' duty.

- In the remaining 98% zones in the game:

Turn every zone into abyssea and allow exp chests to pop!

Put FoV books in other areas, dungeons included. Reduce the repop window on exp mobs.
Expand the number of buffs you can buy from FoV / Campaign by Tiers. Add 2 - 3 tick Refresh and Regen Tiers for double - triple the cost and the downside of having to rest 'Oldschool Style' will disappear.

Turn every zone into abyssea and allow exp chests to pop!

- Conclusions:

After realizing none of the options considered for the zones outside of Abyssea will ever take place, allow your personal NPC to go further up in levels and remove the 40% exp penalty from using it,especially since his level adjusts to yours so it's not like you're PLing yourself with a lv 70 npc.

At least having a NPC hitting stuff with you while doing FoV will make you feel less ronry.

I strongly support my idea instead!

We don't need yet another all new old but re-polished zone with an event inside.

Isn't there a motto saying something like "If you can't best them, go along with them"?
Since Abyssea is clearly better than old camps then the best way to lure players into old zones would be to replicate the Abyssea exp bonuss there.
[+]
By Cybermario 2010-11-09 19:55:50  
only way to bring back to life low lvl parties is raising abyssea to 70.. clearly developers knew this was going to happen, did not only affected regular parties but MMM and Campaign, the only way to bring value and life to this is raising the lvl you can go to abyssea.

Is like they want to leech our money while they want us out of XI to go to XIV.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-09 20:12:47  
Raising the cap to 70 after letting everyone realize how much better the exp is in Abyssea will just bring frustration.

It won't effect outside exp camps as positively as you think because people will more than likely turn back to SMN burns to rush through the painful lvl grinding everyone on game has had at least a chance to experience and get back to Aby exp.

Abyssea exp is like a drug, if you take it out people will do whatever they can to get back to it the fastest way, through SMN burn and MMM SMN burns, not traditional slow exp parties.

Once you take a step forward you can't take two backwards. Now that people are used to hitting 30 to 75 and over in just a few sessions the playstyle is fixed.

Chosing anything that would increase the ammount of unsatisfied players wouldn't even benefit FFIV since we all know how bad that one already is right now, and adding another dent to FFXI will simply set people far from SE'
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-11-09 20:15:40  
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
minimum level inside abyssea is 70. Thats how id fix it.

This is actually the only way to fix it. Makes me wonder why SE even let people into abyssea that low, its not like you can actually do anything at that level anyway.

[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-09 20:18:23  
Asura.Calatilla said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
minimum level inside abyssea is 70. Thats how id fix it.
This is actually the only way to fix it. Makes me wonder why SE even let people into abyssea that low, its not like you can actually do anything at that level anyway.

Mmmmm not quite.

It would fix the problem of not having low lvl leeches in abyssea, but I'm thinking that most people will /ragequit because they have to go back to the old fashion way of leveling =\ which IMO, makes you a better player if you leveled pre-abyssea/level sync.
 Caitsith.Raolin
user: Raolin
By Caitsith.Raolin 2010-11-09 20:29:53  
Judaine I like your overall idea. It seems fun, it gives lower level jobs something to do instead of just opening chests. Plus, if that's not enough, the idea of earning points to put towards extra traverser stones seems like it would keep people coming back.
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-09 20:40:24  
Caitsith.Raolin said:
Judaine I like your overall idea. It seems fun, it gives lower level jobs something to do instead of just opening chests. Plus, if that's not enough, the idea of earning points to put towards extra traverser stones seems like it would keep people coming back.

Indeed. Why wait 18,14,10 hours for another traverser stone, when you could get another one from doing ~1hr worth of an event that ALSO gives exp?

The real KICKER about my idea though is that not only would it be good for low levels because other low levels would join, but also because the higher levels would be coming to join to build up traverser stones. So basically there will never be a dull moment during the event, and finding members shoudln't be very hard AT ALL. It's really nice ._.
 Caitsith.Raolin
user: Raolin
By Caitsith.Raolin 2010-11-09 21:02:58  
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Caitsith.Raolin said:
Indeed. Why wait 18,14,10 hours for another traverser stone, when you could get another one from doing ~1hr worth of an event that ALSO gives exp? The real KICKER about my idea though is that not only would it be good for low levels because other low levels would join, but also because the higher levels would be coming to join to build up traverser stones. So basically there will never be a dull moment during the event, and finding members shoudln't be very hard AT ALL. It's really nice ._.
Yeah I agree. Earning more stones is pretty much the only way to get people out of Abyssea.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-09 21:28:33  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
IF U LUV FF U WILL
Only the really hardcore people would bother having to restart. If the servers got erased, everybody would pretty much /rageuninstall
I liked the noob phase of the game o_o There's a lot to do, yea, but you would have prior knowledge of what to do, as well as where to go, zones memorized etc; You wouldn't have as many terrible dunes pts either. owait, no power leveler D:
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-09 21:34:42  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
IF U LUV FF U WILL
I liked the noob phase of the game o_o There's a lot to do, yea, but you would have prior knowledge of what to do, as well as where to go, zones memorized etc; You wouldn't have as many terrible dunes pts either. owait, no power leveler D:
I'm pretty sure most people would just grind on FoV passed the Dooms levels. I would, personally.

A better idea to revive old content would be to just make a brand new server with no transfers allowed, so everybody starts off the same.
By DDestroyer 2010-11-09 23:36:49  
1. uncap exp chain making a chain 10+ in party outside abyssea even better then abyssea exp and no one can go afk if you wanna keep up the chain.

2. add new item only obtained bye mobs lower then lvl 50 that con ep to you. This item will be used for magian trial upgrades thus higher lvls working on trial must now lvl lower lvl jobs or lvl sync in old style pt to finish trial

3. remove 1 ring a week timer on exp bands and let us get the AN ring without having throne room.
[+]
By Cybermario 2010-11-09 23:39:55  
DDestroyer said:
2. add new item only obtained bye mobs lower then lvl 50 that con ep to you. This item will be used for magian trial upgrades thus higher lvls working on trial must now lvl lower lvl jobs or lvl sync in old style pt to finish trial
that would be nice

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-09 23:58:13  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Free sexual favors.
The one thing that wouldn't kill the game.

An M rating. Lol.
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-11-10 00:05:24  
Make all mobs drop gil the same way that mobs drop cruor.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-10 00:07:20  
Titan.Lillica said:
I like FFXI precisely because mobs DIDN'T drop gil that didn't have a use for it.
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-11-10 00:19:52  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Titan.Lillica said:
I like FFXI precisely because mobs DIDN'T drop gil that didn't have a use for it.

What do you mean? I think a wild rabbit would have just as much use for 15 gil as a Orcish Grunt, when is the last time you saw an Orc all up in the AH making a purchase or stopping by the magic shop?

The only mobs that should have gil then would be the gobbies as the are the only ones that are all up in the cities.

It would be nice to make some money while doing the 32314739 trials with mobs that either have no drops or crap that sells for less than crystals.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-10 00:21:18  
I phrased that wrong. :S

I meant the mobs that have hands to handle it.
 Leviathan.Vincento
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Vincento
By Leviathan.Vincento 2010-11-10 00:23:55  
At this point, nerfing anything is a pointless direction. The best method of fixing low-level parties is to not fix it. Abyssea was designed with the intention of soothing the pains of exping, it is working as intended.

To quell an argument, Abyssea is not making the playerbase suck at their job - the playerbase is doing this. If someone cannot learn to play any job in this game with the immense amount of resources provided for doing said task, there is no reason to believe he/she would have been capable of learning to perform adequately were the old rigid experience party structure still in place.

Similarly, the desire for old school experience points parties is generally called for by individuals who never started parties in the first place. Doing a simple /sea all 20-45 inv on a casual hour of NA primetime I find there are plenty of people seeking to make a party. Perhaps player initiative is the issue. The only adjustment that is likely to happen to old-content areas, is an increase in the experience points gained by a 50% boost by way of signet - or something similar.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7