users online
VOTE!
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Enzoe
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enzoe
By Bismarck.Enzoe 2010-11-01 14:23:35  
Voting amounts to all your power as a citizen on big issues national and local. Please read into things before you vote, use the voters pamphlet if you have it. It is easy to missread the intentions of an initiative; they are sometimes worded to confuse. Reading your voters pamphlet can clear up some questions you may have and help to make a decision toward your sensibility.

If you haven't voted already, you really should if you value your citezenry. It is by far the greatest power you have. One poor persons vote is as good as a rich persons. It is equal power to all. Use it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-11-01 14:26:53  
But I dun wanna get up out of my bed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-01 14:29:49  
Well right now I have to choose between Charlie Melancon and David Vitter for Louisiana. To be honest, they are both crooked worthless pieces of ***with track records that would give a nun a heart attack.

So quite frankly, either way I choose, it's still a loss. So why bother?
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-11-01 14:31:03  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Well right now I have to choose between Charlie Melancon and David Vitter for Louisiana. To be honest, they are both crooked worthless pieces of ***with track records that would give a nun a heart attack.

I've been seeing the commercials. If that's any indication then /comfort.
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-11-01 14:32:17  
how about i say i do but dont :3
By Crighton 2010-11-01 14:33:17  
<<<< Voted Early!
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-11-01 14:37:12  
Im voting tomorrow... Independent all the way !!!
 Titan.Wombat
サーバ: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-11-01 14:37:21  
Yesterday I got stuck behind a Prius going 20 mph in a 35 mph zone for a couple miles. The guy finally turned into his driveway, but in the process of doing so he brake-checked the guy in front of me three times... As he finally got into his driveway I was able to see the word "VOTE!" crudely painted onto the back of his car.

I've decided not to vote just to spite him.

/roadrage
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-11-01 14:37:40  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

Voting is not about which one is better. It's about which one sucks less.
[+]
 Bismarck.Enzoe
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enzoe
By Bismarck.Enzoe 2010-11-01 14:37:53  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Well right now I have to choose between Charlie Melancon and David Vitter for Louisiana. To be honest, they are both crooked worthless pieces of ***with track records that would give a nun a heart attack. So quite frankly, either way I choose, it's still a loss. So why bother?

Be carefull the insurance companies are trying to make gains against you and me in almost every state. You should be there to make a decision about what insurance companies get to do with your coverage at the workplace that many take for granted since the L and I measure were passed 90 years ago. If you would juse look at your ballot you can see point blank what self interested organizations are trying to do to you and me quite directly. They are counting on you not to vote and use sense.

Also many states have weed on ballot.

Vote for weed
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-11-01 14:40:08  
Bismarck.Enzoe said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Well right now I have to choose between Charlie Melancon and David Vitter for Louisiana. To be honest, they are both crooked worthless pieces of ***with track records that would give a nun a heart attack. So quite frankly, either way I choose, it's still a loss. So why bother?

Be carefull the insurance companies are trying to make gains against you and me in almost every state. You should be there to make a decision about what insurance companies get to do with your coverage at the workplace that many take for granted since the L and I measure were passed 90 years ago. If you would juse look at your ballot you can see point blank what self interested organizations are trying to do to you and me quite directly. They are counting on you not to vote and use sense.

Also many states have weed on ballot.

Vote for weed
even though i dont smoke or drink... i really think the states should pass this
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-01 14:42:29  
As someone who does not smoke weed, no I will not.

I was going to vote anyway just because the other issues that are put on there are usually somewhat important. You're right though Haseyo, I usually vote for the lesser of the two douchebags. In this instance though, they are about equal in douchebaggery.

Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-01 15:09:05  
Voted early.

I want my damn sticker.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-11-01 15:16:29  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Inb4 "IF YOU DO NOT VOTE THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT POLITICS IN AMERICA".

people who say this are *** who deserve to not have an opinion

i'd rather hear an opinion from someone who doesnt vote than from a *** who says "WELL YOU DIDNT VOTE SO YOU ARENT ENTITLED TO AN OPINION"

srsly wats with those ***
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-11-01 15:17:35  
Inb4 "WEED DEBATE".
fixed.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-01 15:26:05  
This is the only question on my ballot:
Anyone want to translate it lol

And here are my lolcandidates:
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-11-01 15:27:03  
Meg Whitman v Jerry Brown here.. both steaming piles of ***. It's a pain to vote for either of them.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-11-01 15:28:39  
Leviathan.Powerslave said:
Meg Whitman v Jerry Brown here.. both steaming piles of ***. It's a pain to vote for either of them.
I'm voting Meg Whitman, cuz she's rich, and likes the interweb.
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-01 15:29:23  
Bismarck.Enzoe said:
Voting amounts to all your power as a citizen on big issues national and local. Please read into things before you vote, use the voters pamphlet if you have it. It is easy to missread the intentions of an initiative; they are sometimes worded to confuse. Reading your voters pamphlet can clear up some questions you may have and help to make a decision toward your sensibility. If you haven't voted already, you really should if you value your citezenry. It is by far the greatest power you have. One poor persons vote is as good as a rich persons. It is equal power to all. Use it.

I usually just lurk these forums, but I had to....
Not that I dont agree with the whole THEORY of voting and how you should and all. But lets face it, our votes really dont mean ***. Maybe when the country first started, when people actually cared. But now, its sad. I say this beacuase:

1) If an election was really that important to the citizens, do you really think the "powers at be" would put that choice in the hands of a country in which the majority of its citizens dont even really know the matters at hand. And the only place this majority gets their information from is biased media channels and what john and dorthy said in the break room. I mean, a pamphlet is nice and all, but how many people actually research their candidate and their candidates oppisition. You research a car when you buy it. why not research the person thats gonna rep you in full?

2) To the majority, voting is a popularity contest for grown ups. Period. The majority of people vote for people that look, talk, eat, sleep, worship the same creator, crap, hate, like, live and fart the same. Why do you think that alot of the campaigns dont really bring the issues at hand up, they just merely position themselves to whatever group they think has the biggest weight in the poles. Or just scream a political party, race or gender. Like how most uniformed Americans voted for or against Obama based soley on the fact that he is black.(Yes I know theres more to it then that, but not much else)

3) They never do what they say and theres always somebody else pulling the strings. Whether it be lobbyist or Uncle Bob, its never what it seems.

I know some people actually take the time to research and know their political leaders, but I gotta say, those people are profusely outnumbered. And thats what the average politicians know; the majority is uninformed. Not stupid (well maybe a little), just uninformed. You wanna be a real citizen, how about storming the capital to overthrow what has been headed to the crapper since Kennedy was offed. Constitution encourages us to (when ***hits the fan. And oh yes, it has hit the fan. We are just to caught up in American idol and our new benze), or have we forgotten.

....but yeah.....go vote....cause yours counts. Also, your country leaders wouldnet ever sell its citizens as collateral for debt (Social Security) or have a private establishment control its money (Federal Reserve). Of courst they wouldnt :) now lets all go back to watching Jersey shore and Judge Joe Brown, cause thats really important. Gotta know what Snooky is gonna wear to the VMA's. lol

Sorry for the rant, just wish we as a country would wake up.

Works over, im going home.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-01 15:31:58  
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Inb4 "IF YOU DO NOT VOTE THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT POLITICS IN AMERICA".

people who say this are *** who deserve to not have an opinion

i'd rather hear an opinion from someone who doesnt vote than from a *** who says "WELL YOU DIDNT VOTE SO YOU ARENT ENTITLED TO AN OPINION"

srsly wats with those ***
they are called extremists.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-01 15:35:18  
If our votes mattered then Bush would not have been elected in 2000.
Actually in 2000 Bush was the lesser of 2 evils, not by much though.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-01 15:38:47  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
what-ifs are magical.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-01 15:40:57  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
what-ifs are magical.
I can't even fathom the craziness that would have ensued if Gore was president.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-01 15:43:06  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
what-ifs are magical.
like the alternate dimensions in the movie "the one" with jet li.
some people can imagine it!
>.>
<.<
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-01 15:46:24  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
what-ifs are magical.
like the alternate dimensions in the movie "the one" with jet li.
some people can imagine it!
>.>
<.<
I was thinking more of that episode of Futurama. lol

At least I'll get another crack at getting this clown out of office: Rodney Frelinghuysen
First Page 2