Religion Is Not The Root Of All Evil...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Religion is not the root of all evil...
Religion is not the root of all evil...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-21 18:48:15  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ok then you've made a choice. I'm glad you're smart enough to make a choice for yourself and I don't think you're stupid. If you're waiting there for somebody else to give you the answers because you can't make a choice for yourself then I'd say you were stupid.
I think it's stupid to call someone stupid over not being decided.
That's a lot of data to process weighing the checks and balances of both belief systems, you are stupid if you take the easy route and just believe everything at face value without thinking about it so I do agree with you on that.
But honestly that isn't a reality with agnostics since...they haven't made a decision.
Sometimes it's because they aren't so sure, other times it's because it's just not all that important to them.
I think the though of an afterlife is nice and fancy, but I am pretty short-sighted so deciding not to choose either happened to be the best choice out there.
There are so many truths in the world we live in man, it can take a while to pick the one that fits.
existentialism works for me though.
but I did all brainwork in HS.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-21 18:48:26  
I think it's totally narcissistic to believe you know how the universe was created. In terms of the universe, you, and the rest of us are insignificant little specs.

[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-21 18:50:42  
Fairy.Spence said:
I think it's totally narcissistic to believe you know how the universe was created. In terms of the universe, you, and the rest of us are insignificant little specs.

I am the center of the universe, you just don't know yet.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-21 18:51:05  
Fairy.Spence said:

I agree.
[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-21 18:58:23  
Funny thing is the whole concept of religion is false...If God is the creator of All then there can be no religion Christian Islam or what ever you think you believe in. By categorizing/Naming your belief is a human trait not a godly trait for God religion is non existent. God loves all man so to have the audacity to categorize how you worship it is sacrilege in itself...
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-21 19:01:46  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Funny thing is the whole concept of religion is false...If God is the creator of All then there can be no religion Christian Islam or what ever you think you believe in. By categorizing/Naming your belief is a human trait not a godly trait for God religion is non existent. God loves all man so to have the audacity to categorize how you worship it is sacrilege in itself...
what would humans be based on?
god
so therefore it's a godly trait.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Thandar
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-10-21 19:17:51  
I love Religion threads! They help me be a better, less selfish, and all around a better person!

Keep them coming! :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-21 20:44:54  
Well since I got an 11 on the *** holes test I'm willing to admit that maybe I was just being an ***.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-21 20:53:03  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ok lets get one thing clear:

There are three types of people:

1. Those who believe in religion
2. Those who do not.
3. Those who are on the fence.

The first and second types YOU WILL NOT PURSUADE TO CHANGE THEIR MIND.

The third type is TOO STUPID TO MAKE UP THEIR MIND.

Conclusion:

You can't change anyone's mind so stfu with religion threads.
on the contrary there's a lot of people who "believe" or think they do, that if you enlighten them so to speak they'll realize the ***they follow is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, some people just need the jolt.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-10-21 21:22:42  
I think they should just remove the religion part of this forum section out altogether <.< it would improve the IQ of posters in the forum.

And that isn't me saying religion lowers your IQ, but trying to argue with someone with set beliefs and opinions, you would make more progress with throwing your head at a brick wall repeatedly.

Most of the religious threads are just asking to get trolled.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 22:17:55  
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-21 22:20:51  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-21 22:28:12  
Wait, I'm confused about the movie. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 22:32:41  
Fairy.Spence said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

I think we'd make a cute couple
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-21 22:34:29  
You have a rockin' body!
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 22:35:13  
Fairy.Spence said:
You have a rockin' body!
Thanks! I try.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-21 22:51:49  
So I finally read the whole OP, no tl;dr :( , and I'm still confused. Like what's the discussion here? Religion is bad, but not the root of all evil?

Maybe we should have Lewis Black decide, lol! "Which is the root of all evil, Religion or Government?"
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 23:00:30  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
So I finally read the whole OP, no tl;dr :( , and I'm still confused. Like what's the discussion here? Religion is bad, but not the root of all evil? Maybe we should have Lewis Black decide, lol! "Which is the root of all evil, Religion or Government?"
Government, while not always fair, is necessary to keep -some- order. Religion on the other hand, can be done without.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-21 23:06:26  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
So I finally read the whole OP, no tl;dr :( , and I'm still confused. Like what's the discussion here? Religion is bad, but not the root of all evil? Maybe we should have Lewis Black decide, lol! "Which is the root of all evil, Religion or Government?"
Government, while not always fair, is necessary to keep -some- order. Religion on the other hand, can be done without.
Can't religion though be used to keep order?
By Tunafests 2010-10-21 23:07:09  
WELL....evolutionarily speaking, religion evolved in man as a method of keeping the community close and connected because man generally lived in large communities. If you treated those around you well, and respected and cared for them because of a common thread connecting you, you would assure that those around you had good lives and went on to have children which meant they were passing on their genes. Basically, it evolved as a mechanism to treat non-related individuals in your community with the same compassion you would treat your relatives.

The thing about it is at this point in time people are starting to realize that we don't actually need religion to do this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-21 23:07:12  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Can't religion though be used to keep order?
can, yes. Needed, no.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-21 23:09:31  
i dont really believe in god and i dont really like religion (ive had bad past experiences with religious people) and i find these threads rather annoying lol
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 23:09:49  
Government order actually makes sense though, it's rules created by people who claim they made it, whereas religious order is rules created by people who claim it was some guy in the sky who told them how to do things.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-21 23:12:00  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Government order actually makes sense though, it's rules created by people who claim they made it, whereas religious order is rules created by people who claim it was some guy in the sky who told them how to do things.
but what better way to control a large amount of stupid people than to say they will be subject to divine punishment if they don't listen, rather than say /wristslap, fine
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 23:12:59  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
but what better way to control a large amount of stupid people than to say they will be subject to divine punishment if they don't listen, rather than say /wristslap, fine
Obviously, that's how Government itself was created, people rebeled against the church.

Edit: That was a little inaccurate, it wasn't created by the rebelion, it just created a country that was outspoken of their non-religion controlled government
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-21 23:13:10  
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
i dont really believe in god and i dont really like religion (ive had bad past experiences with religious people) and i find these threads rather annoying lol
I only like the crazy threads. This one seems rather tame.

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
I'm not talking about making sense. I'm just saying in theory we could do without government and keep religion.

When talking about religion making sense kinda goes out the door.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-21 23:14:53  
why did i bother opening this thread....