By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-21 10:36:37  
Guildwork is absolutely amazing. Thanks for all of the hard work~
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-21 10:47:26  
We promise it will become more amazing. We are just getting started.

For those that are interested.

- New design for main site
- Themes for hosted sites (professionally done)
- Real-time feed channels (aka #ffxi.cerberus for example)
- iPhone/Android apps
- Desktop Client to update your char profiles in real-time rather then pseudo real-time via LS Community
- Game/Server pages

And after all thats done we are going to start implementing "game specific" features to the site. Anyone remember FFXIGear.com? That will be something we plan to make available on character profiles. A good tool for tracking pop items maybe? Many other possibilities.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-21 10:53:27  
impressive site Stan :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Krispy
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2010-10-21 14:17:39  
Cerberus.Stanislav said:

I got kicked out of 3 bars :( Also Stanislav loves the giant penis.
[+]
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-21 15:15:42  
Guildwork on Pet Food Alpha
Guildwork interview starts 19min
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-10-22 07:48:22  
Hey stanislav fast question, is there a way to add pages you made to the main menu?

Otherwise our linkshell is currently in the process of transitioning to guildwork for simplicity and multiuser access as sites i make usually are slightly complicated.

Amazing work :D

EDIT: Would also be interested in seeing how to take blog off the main menu, the feed is good enough for our shell so we won't really use it.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-22 14:05:18  
Just edit the Navigation
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2010-10-22 14:16:40  
how much is this going to cost? or are you going to plaster Adds in every single space possible like cleopedia aka wiki
 Sylph.Alpaka
サーバ: Sylph
user: Reeeno
By Sylph.Alpaka 2010-10-22 14:44:22  
This is totally amazing, really cute too how you can like some of your friends things
 Sylph.Skinner
By Sylph.Skinner 2010-10-22 15:06:58  
The creator of MMORPG Facebook, i salute you.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-10-22 15:17:22  
Cerberus.Stanislav said:
Just edit the Navigation
rofl i feel stupid.

ANYHOO i have another site suggestion which should be easy enough to do. Only a suggestion obviously :)

Trash and Loot are kinda WoW specific i think and you should be able to create a way... where if you select FFXI as your main game the words trash and loot become freelot and drops.

I'm sure the 1 or 2 other supported games have their own lingo as well. I'm probably not the only one annoyed by the terms there :)
 Siren.Stewie
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-10-22 15:24:40  
Diabolos.Chibixzero said:
how much is this going to cost? or are you going to plaster Adds in every single space possible like cleopedia aka wiki

Ads with a buyable premium, idk what premium cost is going to be.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-22 15:55:37  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Stanislav said:
Just edit the Navigation
rofl i feel stupid.

ANYHOO i have another site suggestion which should be easy enough to do. Only a suggestion obviously :)

Trash and Loot are kinda WoW specific i think and you should be able to create a way... where if you select FFXI as your main game the words trash and loot become freelot and drops.

I'm sure the 1 or 2 other supported games have their own lingo as well. I'm probably not the only one annoyed by the terms there :)

Those are actually not WoW terms at all. Those terms come from exDKP which is/was the system of Excellence.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-22 15:57:42  
Diabolos.Chibixzero said:

One of the base ideas of Guildwork is NOT to do that. At the moment we have 1 ad on the main site to cover our server costs. We are trying to avoid ads in general if we can and just seek other outlets of income. We have a few ideas that we are dabbling in.

If we do go the ad route you can expect 1 ad per page, tastefully placed so it adds to the layout rather then destroying it.

As for Premium we are leaning toward $11.99/mo with a group payment option. About 90% of the features you see on Guildwork at the moment are free and always will be. Anything that is up now and isn't free has a warning on it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-22 16:15:45  
Will there ever be a way to potentially link this to facebook? I'd love to have a message on my wall if something is happening etc :D
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-22 17:21:56  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Will there ever be a way to potentially link this to facebook? I'd love to have a message on my wall if something is happening etc :D

Its coming.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-22 17:22:30  
Awesome, can't wait. Really cool looking website :D
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-10-22 17:32:09  
Scragg, did you supply the footage for the introduction video?

Cause the speaker is female in that vid, and your info is being filled in.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-22 17:34:31  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Scragg, did you supply the footage for the introduction video?

Cause the speaker is female in that vid, and your info is being filled in.

Haha no Scragg (his brother, they share names) was in Excellence and the only person that didn't add their character to Guildwork. So I used him as an example. The female voice in my girlfriend. =)
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-22 17:55:36  
firstly, /wave fellow hadesian/cerberus..sian(?) nice to see you around finally!

the website looks great stan, definitely a good job on it, also nice to hear about the upcoming facebook linking and not letting ads take over the site.

this'll definitely be a nice thing to use, especially with it having a familiar layout.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-10-22 21:34:03  

http://proclaimedinsanity.guildwork.com/

Were finally up and running! :D I really enjoy how simplistic it is but how much you can customize it using the HTML section+flash. I like that the GETurl commands in flash are disabled unless _blank for new tabs/windows are implemented. Very secure.

And before i get bombarded with questions the music player i edited to match the site is from here. You'll need your own web host to use it properly.

inb4 shitstorm lol.

Love the simplicity of the calendar and adding raids/points now... and the ability to have other leaders help out is also amazing :)

Thanks for this :D

my only nitpick is the trash/raid words and the lack of changing link colors (unvisited/visted/rollover). Other than that i'm 100% happy as a web developer with the support/ability it has.

Huge potential and excited to see where it goes.
By Raignes 2010-10-23 21:00:27  
I love this Stan/GW crew. This is an amazing site, I actually just helped a friend create a new Abyssea LS based on Guildworks' capabilities. I'm definitely looking forward to where this can go, it's got great potential. :D
 Ifrit.Itazura
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-10-24 04:48:22  
I've only glanced at Guildwork.com briefly, so my apologies if the questions are very noobish. I'm mostly concerned about migration from existing point systems.

Some LS members are not likely to register for account for some time, but in the mean while would need to receive points and have officers record their drops until they can be convinced (or bullied) into signing up.

So, can Guildwork.com support these following use cases?

1. Can points and drop record be recorded for people who have not registered?

2. Can points and drop record be recorded for people who does not show up automatically (because they didn't set the LS in SE's Linkshell Community)? i.e. Is it possible for officers to create some kind of "Stand-in" or "place holders" for players?

3. Is there support for "wish list" for what people want from particular event/zone? Can the "stand-in" or "play holder" be assigned with wish lists?

4. Once the people do sign up (or automatically placed in by the system), can officers move points and drop record from place holder to the actual/official name/ID/player-object/whatever-it's-called? (This would be the key test for migration. heh.)

5. Is there way to have separate point systems for separate events within a single Linkshell? If not, is it possible on site to make dummy LS's to keep points separated without actually making the LS's in-game?

Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-24 05:06:43  
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Not particular zone, but items in general. In a custom system you can create graphs to represent what people want most etc... (requires knowing how to code)
4. No at the moment. It is technically possible to do it via custom, but much cleaner with separate systems which is coming.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2010-10-24 05:40:49  
I use this site for my Abyssea event Linkshell, is awesome, i can't wait to see moar features! :D
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-10-24 06:56:54  
Best thing to happen to FFXI tbh.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-25 03:20:35  
Ramuh.Yarly said:
Best thing to happen to FFXI tbh.
Awesome quote! haha
 Phoenix.Avelle
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-10-25 03:35:46  
Ok real talk Stan. When are we going to get some Farmville up in this ***?

/runs away

[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-10-25 03:38:58  
Phoenix.Avelle said:
Ok real talk Stan. When are we going to get some Farmville up in this ***?

/runs away

RAAAAAAAAAAAGE
[+]