Israeli Soldiers On Duty.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Israeli soldiers on duty.
Israeli soldiers on duty.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Nanii
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sani
By Sylph.Nanii 2010-10-20 00:31:23  

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-20 08:38:34  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
@ spicyryan: Terrorist definition: "a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities." You can't prove that any israeli soldiers are using terrorism as a means for political gain. Those soldiers arent trying to overthrow a government or population by using terror as a weapon. You could call those soldiers criminal but don't slap the terrorist label on ***without knowing what it means.
It seems when you use a definition Excelior I always have to throw one back out from an actual dictionary. For some reason Merriam Webster does not have a page on "terrorist" just "terrorism". So I will use dictionary.com. I hope it is still valid..
Quote:
ter·ror·ist    /ˈtɛrərɪst/ Show Spelled[ter-er-ist] Show IPA –noun 1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism. 2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others. 3. (formerly) a member of a political group in russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror. 4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.
Quote:
ter·ror·ism    /ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/ Show Spelled[ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA –noun 1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes. 2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization. 3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.
Why would I have to prove the soldiers are using your definition for political gain or trying to overthrow a government? The answer is I only have to when I use the dictionary Excelior version. Whether they are ordered or not by their government to do what they do or not they still have what I just put in bold apply to them. Overall your definitions really blow *** so far.
The word you're using here is Terrorism which is a military insurgency tactic. You are calling them terrorist which is a person that uses terrorism as a tactic. If you look at the definition you gave of terrorism it says: 1. The use of Violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, ESP. FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES. If I go beat up a guy on the street am I a terrorist? No. But I've used violence and threats. Who are these Israeli soldiers trying to scare? What is their political agenda? You have no clue. Lol my definitions are bad? They came from the same dictionary you used no doubt. Honestly man, this is what you said to me in a PM: Pandemonium.Spicyryan2010-10-12 21:10:46Hah, funny because I have considered becoming a politician for a long time. I am incredibly stubborn and even if being real (something that is respectable to people at the least) is harder than being fake like you I would do it. Obviously people have no respect, but there is a general distaste for you (EDIT: This obviously applies to me too, but I am talking more people I talk to and not the average poster). Not as bad as Stanflame obviously, but you know what I am talking about. Ok so you want to be a politician and you have no idea what terrorism means. You have no idea what a Nation or nationalism is. Dude get some education or stop talking about politics, you look worse than Christine Odonald or Sarah Palin.
Really Excelior? Really? No I said considered too. Not that I wanted to be one. Since PMs are obviously not PMs here let me post our whole conversation. Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 16:42:44 Someone as smart and brilliant as you makes it hard to tell if that was terrible trolling or just bad taste in making that suicide thread. Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 17:44:11 I say a lot of things on here for shock value, and I also try to seriously ingage in intellectual debate. The topic of suicides in schools is an issue that I debate A LOT on campus and is one that I enjoy talking about. The wording I chose in the initial post of that thread was tasteless and offensive but it still conveyed my point on the issue; I think that the people who commit suicide are stupid. Granted this is a sweeping generalization but I'll spare you the debate over it. Anyways, I assumed I'd have a lot more support with that thread because there were many concurring opinions in other threads. Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 20:49:32 Well here is what I take from this that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 1) You think about suicide too much. 2) Perhaps you lost someone or something to suicide and are some crusader now. 3) You are ignorant and are willing to make sweeping generalizations about anyone who chooses such an action with their life. Possibly linked to #2 if that would be a valid thing to infer. 4) You are a fool for your last sentence. Anyway, you do not even have to respond as I can careless to see pretty much anything you have to say at this point. Having said that, I at the same time admit my words to be equally worthless in this PM to you. Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 20:53:10 I realize you don't care but I'm going to respond anyways. The ***I post on the forums is not how I am irl. I can make sweeping generalizations here because nobody gives a ***. When I'm confronted with the issue IRL I understand there are individual circumstances to consider on a case by case basis. My sister has tried to kill herself on multiple occasions but it was purely a cry for attention and that is my own personal experience. I do not let that bias me irl as much as I do on here, I know its foolish to think that if A is sometimes B then B is always A. Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 21:04:25 I think it is funny that people can be who they want online. I act the same way IRL even if I can see myself getting my *** kicked over it if a group of angry guys is present. There may be a few times where I will not act like I would on here, but I still thought of saying whatever before I revised it. Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 21:07:46 I'm trying to be a politician irl, I am very opinionated but I know there is a time to keep your mouth shut. That may be being "fake" but keeping it real can go real wrong(i assume you've seen dave chappelle). Anyways, I generally am not a *** on the forums unless somebody is incredibly dickish to me, sadly a lot of people on here have no respect at all. Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 21:10:46 Hah, funny because I have considered becoming a politician for a long time. I am incredibly stubborn and even if being real (something that is respectable to people at the least) is harder than being fake like you I would do it. Obviously people have no respect, but there is a general distaste for you. Not as bad as Stanflame obviously, but you know what I am talking about. Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 21:12:36 Oh I know, and its nto that I'm fake irl, I just show a mutual respect of everyone's ideas. I think I'm very vocal in the politics threads so it stands to reason that I would be disliked. In the drk threads I'm pretty well liked and respected tbh. (as if that means ***) Anyways I am who I am. Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 21:15:35 People do not disrespect you for being vocal (well, it may depend). People disrespect you for what you say which just happens to be your views. Personally you I would begin to vote just to vote against you. Other than that I find it pointless as most voters are idiots and the choice of heads or tails does not thrill me. Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 21:18:31 Well my stances on most issues are: Pro-Choice abortion: So long as its medically needed, otherwise put the kid up for adoption Small government Lower Taxes Pro-Gay marriage Anti-Illegal Imigration Anti-Healthcare: Based on costs Generally my entire platform is small government finance and social equality. Which is complex because I don't believe in government entitlement programs. I think each person needs equality of oppertunity but not equality of outcome. Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 21:21:10 Would not vote for you. We do not completely disagree, but I would come to your rallies and just laugh :P Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 21:22:54 Well unless you live in maryland you'd never be able to vote for me anyways. Unless you think i'll be running for president some day which is flattering. Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 21:25:00 I facepalmed. Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 21:26:28 Why is that? You do know the only national politics job is President/VP right lol? Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 21:27:09 Wooooosh. Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 21:27:50 Yea I must have been wooshed. Explain? Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 21:28:41 Instead I am going to have spaghetti. This turned out better than expected. Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 21:29:51 not to be a *** but this is one of the most pointless conversations I've had. Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 21:30:48 Pft, I could care less if you are a ***, just be yourself. Yeah it is was pointless. I could have given it so much potential :P Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 21:31:58 I'm not a ***, I really am not lol. I'm sure you already have me pegged down as a certain type of person regardless of what I say. Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 21:33:15 What you think I am unable to change my perception as new details come in? Anyway going to get that spaghetti now. Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 21:35:08 Enjoy. The fact of the matter is that we can talk about me all day and that wouldn't give you a better perspective of me. If you wanted to actually get to know me, or find out that I'm a good guy that takes more than one of these BS conversations. I think if you talk to Darki or any of the other people that I have spent significant time talking to they'd support me as being a nice guy. Anyways it was nice talking to you. Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 21:52:16 I loled. Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 21:53:28 Here I'll make a fun thread for you. Pandemonium.Spicyryan 2010-10-12 21:53:48 For me?! Why you shouldn't have!

You know I'm not even trying to be a ***. You are clearly wrong about most of the technical knowledge behind politics. We have yet to debate any real issue, you're still stumbling over the definition of words and are unable to speak concisely. I try to offer you a bit of help because I can't understand half of what you write due to these constant inaccurate choices of words. Rather than learn and admit some degree of fault like a normal person, you would rather argue that you're right when you're very clearly wrong. I sincerely hope that you are not as satisfied with your ignorance as you try to portray on these forums. People are capable of having an opinion but when it comes down to the basic definition of a word or concept then you can't have an opinion that is completely unrelated to the common understanding of that word. Maybe I should say that pizza should include tacos, that's my opinion, its not a definition. I hope you choose to learn something rather than perpetuate your ignorance any longer. I feel very sorry for your career atm.

Anyways, I am going to block you, because at present you're in capable of anything resembling a valuable, original, meaningful thought. Good luck with whatever.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-10-20 09:51:01  
Why was my post edited when three posts down there is someone posting pictures that are as shocking, if not more, as the ones I put up?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-20 10:01:37  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Why was my post edited when three posts down there is someone posting pictures that are as shocking, if not more, as the ones I put up?

Conspiracy!
 Leviathan.Solanis
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-10-20 10:17:42  
always fun to see unabashed and shameless antisemitism in this day and age. thanks OP!
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-20 10:53:42  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
if it makes you feel better, you can press the "Show OP" button at the bottom, and it shows your un-edited post.
:D
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-10-20 11:31:56  
Leviathan.Solanis said:
always fun to see unabashed and shameless antisemitism in this day and age. thanks OP!

So posting a couple of pictures that I haven't taken nor published on the internet makes me an antisemitist?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
if it makes you feel better, you can press the "Show OP" button at the bottom, and it shows your un-edited post.
:D

I expected my post to be removed, except I didn't expect other kinds of posts, completely the same in nature to be left untouched.

The modding is inconsistent to say the least.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Solanis
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-10-20 12:56:20  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
So posting a couple of pictures that I haven't taken nor published on the internet makes me an antisemitist? Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
if it makes you feel better, you can press the "Show OP" button at the bottom, and it shows your un-edited post. :D
I expected my post to be removed, except I didn't expect other kinds of posts, completely the same in nature to be left untouched. The modding is inconsistent to say the least.

jewish conspiracy I'm sure
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-10-20 13:15:37  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
<3
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-10-20 13:21:02  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
<3

You always show up when I post something I regret, Stik!
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-20 13:26:33  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You know I'm not even trying to be a ***. You are clearly wrong about most of the technical knowledge behind politics. We have yet to debate any real issue, you're still stumbling over the definition of words and are unable to speak concisely. I try to offer you a bit of help because I can't understand half of what you write due to these constant inaccurate choices of words. Rather than learn and admit some degree of fault like a normal person, you would rather argue that you're right when you're very clearly wrong. I sincerely hope that you are not as satisfied with your ignorance as you try to portray on these forums. People are capable of having an opinion but when it comes down to the basic definition of a word or concept then you can't have an opinion that is completely unrelated to the common understanding of that word. Maybe I should say that pizza should include tacos, that's my opinion, its not a definition. I hope you choose to learn something rather than perpetuate your ignorance any longer. I feel very sorry for your career atm. Anyways, I am going to block you, because at present you're in capable of anything resembling a valuable, original, meaningful thought. Good luck with whatever.
Here I will just answer you with your own quote, blocked or not.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
but when it comes down to the basic definition of a word or concept then you can't have an opinion that is completely unrelated to the common understanding of that word.
How *** obvious does it have to be when you continue to shape your own definitions that somehow are just different enough to support your views? On top of that how *** obvious does it have to be that when someone uses their own definition and justifies it by saying they wrote a paper on it that it does not make it the actual definition. I am dumbfounded how posting the actual definition for you means that I am weak and just do not know what the word means so I had to look it up. Why would I even post it then if I was looking it up for me ffs? Then again maybe that "common understanding" for you just happens to be different than others and possibly everyone else.

Once again you miss the point. You call these Israeli Soldiers terrorists even though they are not inciting terror. Here I wikied this for you:

By distinguishing terrorists from other types of criminals and terrorism from other forms of crime, we come to appreciate that terrorism is :

1. ineluctably political in aims and motives
2. violent – or, equally important, threatens violence
3. designed to have far-reaching psychological repercussions beyond the immediate victim or target
4. conducted by an organization with an identifiable chain of command or conspiratorial cell structure (whose members wear no uniform or identifying insignia) and
perpetrated by a subnational group or non-state entity.[24]

1. Israeli soldiers are political in their violence because they are fighting for their country.

2. War is violent. (I guess all ppl in war are terrorists according to you)

3. Israeli soldiers aren't trying to sling some kind of propaganda to intimidate Arab countries.

4. Israeli soldiers are Israeli in nature therefore tehy are not a subnational group or non-state entity.

So yea, you're wrong. That isn't even my definition.

Lets go on:

Types of Terrorism:

Civil disorder – A form of collective violence interfering with the peace, security, and normal functioning of the community.

Political terrorism – Violent criminal behaviour designed primarily to generate fear in the community, or substantial segment of it, for political purposes.

Non-Political terrorism – Terrorism that is not aimed at political purposes but which exhibits “conscious design to create and maintain a high degree of fear for coercive purposes, but the end is individual or collective gain rather than the achievement of a political objective.”

Quasi-terrorism – The activities incidental to the commission of crimes of violence that are similar in form and method to genuine terrorism but which nevertheless lack its essential ingredient. It is not the main purpose of the quasi-terrorists to induce terror in the immediate victim as in the case of genuine terrorism, but the quasi-terrorist uses the modalities and techniques of the genuine terrorist and produces similar consequences and reaction.[71] For example, the fleeing felon who takes hostages is a quasi-terrorist, whose methods are similar to those of the genuine terrorist but whose purposes are quite different.

Limited political terrorism – Genuine political terrorism is characterized by a revolutionary approach; limited political terrorism refers to “acts of terrorism which are committed for ideological or political motives but which are not part of a concerted campaign to capture control of the state.

Official or state terrorism –"referring to nations whose rule is based upon fear and oppression that reach similar to terrorism or such proportions.” It may also be referred to as Structural Terrorism defined broadly as terrorist acts carried out by governments in pursuit of political objectives, often as part of their foreign policy.

Yea you can't fit what these soldiers did in any of those catagories so it wasn't terrorism, and it therefore they can't be terrorists. Once again this isn't my definition, this is just basic googled ***for you.

Anyways I'm done trying to teach you, I hope you read this and learn something. I know you won't and that's why you will remained blocked.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-20 13:47:56  
Why block him if you're going to keep talking to him? Just ignore him or unblock him if you're that bored.

I think it'd be equally miserable to be a friend to either of you. While it's clear that Excelior is an intelligent person who has some understanding of lots of subjects, he comes off(at least on the forums) as someone who would talk at you, instead of with you. No wonder he enjoys speeches, he can just stand there and tell people his views. I'll take a quote from Catcher in the Rye for this one..

"These intellectual guys don't like to have an intellectual conversation with you unless they're running the whole thing. They always want you to shut up when they shut up, and go back to your room when they go back to their room."

^ I used to have friends like that, but they're so self-serving that you eventually just try and avoid them.

And Ryan would be annoying because some of the views that he gets most emotional over are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I feel like I'd find myself saying, "What the ***, dude?" everytime we had a conversation. The only positive thing would be that you can actually talk with him instead of just hearing him talk at you.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-20 14:12:52  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Why block him if you're going to keep talking to him? Just ignore him or unblock him if you're that bored.

I think it'd be equally miserable to be a friend to either of you. While it's clear that Excelior is an intelligent person who has some understanding of lots of subjects, he comes off(at least on the forums) as someone who would talk at you, instead of with you. No wonder he enjoys speeches, he can just stand there and tell people his views. I'll take a quote from Catcher in the Rye for this one..

"These intellectual guys don't like to have an intellectual conversation with you unless they're running the whole thing. They always want you to shut up when they shut up, and go back to your room when they go back to their room."

^ I used to have friends like that, but they're so self-serving that you eventually just try and avoid them.

And Ryan would be annoying because some of the views that he gets most emotional over are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I feel like I'd find myself saying, "What the ***, dude?" everytime we had a conversation. The only positive thing would be that you can actually talk with him instead of just hearing him talk at you.

Politicians, isn't that all they do to us?
 Titan.Wombat
サーバ: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-10-20 14:13:36  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

... Shall we dance?

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-20 15:10:14  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Why block him if you're going to keep talking to him? Just ignore him or unblock him if you're that bored. I think it'd be equally miserable to be a friend to either of you. While it's clear that Excelior is an intelligent person who has some understanding of lots of subjects, he comes off(at least on the forums) as someone who would talk at you, instead of with you. No wonder he enjoys speeches, he can just stand there and tell people his views. I'll take a quote from Catcher in the Rye for this one.. "These intellectual guys don't like to have an intellectual conversation with you unless they're running the whole thing. They always want you to shut up when they shut up, and go back to your room when they go back to their room." ^ I used to have friends like that, but they're so self-serving that you eventually just try and avoid them. And Ryan would be annoying because some of the views that he gets most emotional over are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I feel like I'd find myself saying, "What the ***, dude?" everytime we had a conversation. The only positive thing would be that you can actually talk with him instead of just hearing him talk at you.

Ouch.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-20 15:12:47  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
How can you distinguish the difference in justice if you're not there to see the whole scenario play out and/or not able to read their minds/souls for what they really desire? I'm not trying to sound like I'm siding with anything, but rather more or less just trying to figure out how you're able to preach one side being justifiable by what they do and not knowing anything about what they inevitably want out of their actions. It's better to understand the whole plot rather than jump to complete conclusions you convinced yourself are fact.

That's a good point but like I said the simple fact they are soldiers of a state and not a non-state unit disqualifies them as terrorists. I honestly don't know their intent and it could be completely malicious in nature, I have no idea. I definately do not support what they're doing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Emoneaone
サーバ: Asura
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-10-21 17:20:23  

Depends which side you are on. If I was an Iraqi I would absolutely view american soldiers as terrorists. just wondering, but do you still wear that garb? You know put on some camo jacket and watch Fox news and/or listen to Rush Limbaugh?

I still have that "garb" and wear it on appropriate occasions. I'm quite proud of the 20 years I served in the US military. I don't don it merely to watch Fox or listen to Rush, I can do that in mufti.

It is so nice that someone like you has someone like me willing to defend your right to spout nonsense. Try it in nice places like China, Iran, North Korea, or others. The US allows people the freedom to speak as they wish. Do you think those raghead extremists would let you do that?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Emoneaone
サーバ: Asura
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-10-21 17:35:06  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Asura.Emoneaone said:
The US allows people the freedom to speak as they wish. Do you think those raghead extremists would let you do that?
Your kind would be better off having no personality and emotion like Equilibrium (should watch it lol), unfortunately the armed forces of the US are not capable of such technology yet; or are they?

Sorry, not catching your drift about no personality or emotion. Why would the military want that? Creativity is essential in warfare, if you want to win.

My kind? Because I use a pejorative for our avowed enemies? Horrors! Our forefathers ought not to have called Nazi Germans Krauts either, I suppose. Probably hurt their feelings!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Moondaddy
サーバ: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-10-21 17:59:04  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
some stuff
dude what level of politics you plan on getting into, and where. cause so help me god if its ohio i would do everything in my power to keep a closed minded tard like you out of any office.
 Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes 2010-10-21 18:01:28  
Sayeret Golani!!!
[+]