Denouncing Global Warming Fraud

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Denouncing Global Warming Fraud
Denouncing Global Warming Fraud
First Page 2 3
 Valefor.Endlesspath
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2010-10-16 05:46:25  
Interesting post -> Top Physics Professor Resigns from Post, Denouncing Global Warming "Fraud".

Sounds pretty much on track regarding human caused global warming - comments?
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-16 06:17:47  
So basically global warming is real (DUH!), just not as severe as scientists had originally documented and reported.... there I summed up reading a ***ton of articles for you guys lol.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-10-16 06:22:35  
Kinda fishy that soon places are introducing fines for having too much emissions coming from your home.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-16 06:31:47  
HAHAHA

All glacier on earth begin to disapear, you can see whats under south pole cause ice is meltin... and peoples want still make believe theres no warmin up ???

lame...

Well Bush made believe USA there was nuclear weapon in a country where all expert was agree sayin theres was not...
so you know...
[+]
By Zekko 2010-10-16 06:36:16  
Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
HAHAHA

All glacier on earth begin to disapear, you can see whats under south pole cause ice is meltin... and peoples want still make believe theres no warmin up ???

lame...

Well Bush made believe USA there was nuclear weapon in a country where all expert was agree sayin theres was not...
so you know...

Do you go to the south pole and see them yourself to check?
Or do you just listen to what the news tells you?
I think the answer is the 2nd one
[+]
 Asura.Emoneaone
サーバ: Asura
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-10-16 07:01:18  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
So basically global warming is real (DUH!), just not as severe as scientists had originally documented and reported.... there I summed up reading a ***ton of articles for you guys lol.

No, you misinformed. Check this quote from the letter:

"It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist."

Folks are driving this drivel to make a buck. Recall that in the 1000's wine grapes were grown in Britain. It is too cold to do so now. Hmm, how many SUVs were they driving 1000 years ago???
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-10-16 07:14:38  
Asura.Emoneaone said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

No, you misinformed. Check this quote from the letter:

"It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist."

Folks are driving this drivel to make a buck. Recall that in the 1000's wine grapes were grown in Britain. It is too cold to do so now. Hmm, how many SUVs were they driving 1000 years ago???

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-16 07:32:49  
lol @ global warming. Rough estimates put the amount of CO2 released into the air by humans per yeah at about 3-5% of the total amount of CO2 that is released. 97-95%, depending on what study you look at, of CO2 released into the atmosphere is naturally occurring.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-16 07:42:46  
HAHAHA

lame...

so you know...

theres many reasons why the glacier is melting up it doesn't entirely have to be because of global warming, it could also be for a slight earth switch, believe it or not they happen, it's not like we've been able to record them since technology hasn't been around that long.

[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-16 07:46:55  
weather global warming is real or not, what matters is we try to switch our habits into something more eco-friendly and lower the strain of contamination we've been putting earth, because when it's too late theres no turning back.

so if global warming is a fake call then let it be a fake call, maybe it raises awareness that we need to STOP.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-16 08:48:17  
Yeah, I'll be carrying on doing what I'm doing now. I don't care about this global warming ***quite frankly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-16 09:07:44  
then don't post here bro~
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-10-16 09:15:42  
Not to be a negative Nancy on those who like to be green or believe in this whole Global Warming thing, but I can't help but find this chain of events to be a natural cycle the earth goes through over countless amounts of years.

There's been lots of research and whatnot and in the end our emissions as human beings account for the most minuscule fraction for the account of what goes into our ozone.

Not to say that this means you should start littering and buy that H2 hummer but the sooner we recognize that we're only a small part of the problem, the sooner we can make reasonable adjustments for everyone.

Wish I could find the documentary I saw on this that almost in a sense disproved Global Warming but instead I'll give a fun fact:

During the industrial revolutions in both the late 1800s and 1950s the earth's surface temperature were at record lows.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-16 09:27:15  
Phoenix.Darki said:
then don't post here bro~

I won't be after this, I was just letting everyone know my stance on it seeing as my opinion is the most important opinion on AH.

Artemicion said:
Not to be a negative Nancy on those who like to be green or believe in this whole Global Warming thing, but I can't help but find this chain of events to be a natural cycle the earth goes through over countless amounts of years.

There's been lots of research and whatnot and in the end our emissions as human beings account for the most minuscule fraction for the account of what goes into our ozone.

Not to say that this means you should start littering and buy that H2 hummer but the sooner we recognize that we're only a small part of the problem, the sooner we can make reasonable adjustments for everyone.

Wish I could find the documentary I saw on this that almost in a sense disproved Global Warming but instead I'll give a fun fact:

During the industrial revolutions in both the late 1800s and 1950s the earth's surface temperature were at record lows.

Also this, though most people will blame Global cooling on that.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-16 09:39:37  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
my opinion is the most important opinion on AH.

since from when? o.o
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-16 09:46:42  
Artemicion said:

doesn't mean that eco-friendly isn't better, it's less expensive to also make eco friendly items since the material they are made desintegrates faster too and easier to get. I took a class on this, but companies want to exploit eco-friendly hype right now and making things *** expensive when in reality it costs much MUCH more less than the ones that aren't eco-friendly.

eco-friendly technology is also much cooler and will amaze you the things it can actually do.

hey I am all on saving the earth as much as possible, why not? Who wants to end up living in an industrial place over the skies with no nature, fake air, etc. Theres nothing better than sitting at a clean beach and enjoying CLEAN air. Not polluted air that feels like you're going to die.

besides we arepart of the problem of global warming and just accelerating it, sure it's there but we're only throwing off the balance.
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-10-16 09:55:12  
Though I was vague you support my case; I was just saying the sooner we can realize that we account for such an insignificant amount of the change the planet is going through, the less money that has to be dumped into redundant research and lobbying.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-16 09:57:45  
ah ok~

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-10-16 10:54:29  
I'm not going to comment about the global warming thing because I don't really give a crap about debate but I'm totally OK with people at least trying to reduce their carbon footprint. With all the disgusting ***piling up in our dumps that essentially not breaking down and all the nice new chemicals in our water supply it wont surprise me if in a couple thousand people will have to shovel through shitty plastic diapers and used condoms just to get to their front doors.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-10-16 11:05:37  
HAHAHA All glacier on earth begin to disapear, you can see whats under south pole cause ice is meltin... and peoples want still make believe theres no warmin up ??? lame... Well Bush made believe USA there was nuclear weapon in a country where all expert was agree sayin theres was not... so you know...

You know, in the winter time I see ice melting on sidewalks...but I don't jump to the conclusion that its melting because its getting warmer outside. Perhaps someone dumped salt on it, perhaps the sidewalk is heated, perhaps the sidewalk is dark and warms quicker than surrounding areas. Science is not about jumping to the easiest most convienant conclusion, rather a thorough, unbiased investigation. Grant money doesn't make for unbiased views.

But hey, what can you expect for someone linking people waking up to Bush and Iraq.
 Siren.Wolfpack
サーバ: Siren
user: wolfpack
By Siren.Wolfpack 2010-10-16 11:51:28  
i always have said, "maybe earth is just getting back to normal after the last ice age"

also whenever the news says a new heat record has be set on a givin day. the old record for that day is mostly from like 20+ years ago.

Btw. What ever happened to the concern for the Ozone layer. or is that under the Global warming umbrella.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-16 11:57:02  
"Horacio, this man was standing on the sidewalk and died of a heat stroke."
<Horacio>:"I see. Well, this must be a clear-cut case of..."
<Horacio puts his glasses on>
"...Global Warming."
yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-16 12:10:19  
Global Warming is sort of a catch all phrase for the ozone depletion, which in turn causes it to get warmer (from the sun) and colder (from the heat escaping) so it causes more severe temperature, at least in theory, last I checked the ozone depletion is real, and they believe the cause to be CO2. Now as to whether or not the temperature extremes are happening as a result of "global warming" or the planets "natural" cycle is the issue at hand, It's a concern and reducing the carbon footprint wouldn't hurt in the long run (probably) but until more research is done, it's hard to tell. Good way to reduce it a lot, is to reopen some nuclear power plants and stop using coal/oil for heat (and power), if all that's left is vehicles it will reduce emissions a large amount. Hell even Iran has a newer nuclear power plant than we do...
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-10-16 12:12:38  
The term is actually "Global Climate Change," not Global Warming. The mere fact that he doesn't even correctly use the accepted terminology among scientists makes me question his opinion on the subject.

Quote:

Actually wine is still grown in the U.K.

Quote:

Uhhh, ya. It takes time for excess CO2 production to build up. Global Climate change is about the cumulative effect that human industry, since its beginning until now- not about a single coal burning electric plant, or your neighbor's SUV.

Quote:
Do you go to the south pole and see them yourself to check?
Or do you just listen to what the news tells you?
I think the answer is the 2nd one

Have you gone to the moon to make sure we landed there? You haven't- because it's unnecessary. There's plenty of photographs and satellite imagery that shows glacier problems- not just at the South Pole, but everywhere where there are glaciers.
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-10-16 12:17:24  
Actually Global Warming and Ozone Depletion are two separate issues that are typically confused and combined. Ozone depletion is caused by CFC and other chemicals that break up the bond of the Ozone molecule which is what blocks most of the UV radiation that causes things like skin cancer. CO2 is what you are looking for as the typical media target in global warming as the CO2 molecule stores IR radiation and acts like a blanket for the planet.

If you actually want to look at something interesting, check out global dimming.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Faiye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-10-16 12:17:47  
Global warming, or global climate change as you put it has been proven to be a solar system wide effect. In other words all of the planets in our solar system are heating up. The increase is directly proportional to each planet's angular momentum.
By Lilix 2010-10-16 12:23:51  
Asura.Catastrophe said:

Might as well add the episode on Recycling too. :3
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-16 12:25:50  
Lilix said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:

and the lesbian episode
By Lilix 2010-10-16 12:29:04  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lilix said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:

and the lesbian episode
You're a lesbian. And we all know Global "Insert Nice Sciency Sounding Words Here" is just a way to force more regulation and raise taxes on developed countries. Whether it's real or not, the way politicians are pushing all their regulatory ***makes it seem like a *** fraud.
First Page 2 3