users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Capping a certain light in 3 kills
Capping a certain light in 3 kills
First Page 2
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Itachi 2010-10-12 19:16:07  
An ls mate of mine was saying he capped his azure light by killing 3 ephermeal mobs(with magic of course.) He said he got a 1,250 blue exp chest on the third mob and that ephermeal mobs give 10x light. I'd be willing to test this on my own if I had enough time but imagine the time we can save for abyssea exp/af3 feet farming if this turns out to be true. Thoughts and opinions are welcomed.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-12 19:18:49  
It's gimped now. Some ephemeral give normal lights; I believe they're related to martello cores or something..
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-10-12 19:21:49  
LS mate tried it today. I'm not sure if it's gimped or not.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-12 19:22:43  
Siren.Itachi said:
LS mate tried it today. I'm not sure if it's gimped or not.
Well... amoebas give normal lights, while murex give "enhanced" lights,
but there have been different cases.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-10-12 19:25:31  
He did this with clionods in La' thiene apparently.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-12 19:31:02  
Siren.Itachi said:
He did this with clionods in La' thiene apparently.
Weird. We tried Limule and Clionids in Konschtat.... we got a TE, and then a 250 exp chest
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-12 19:32:26  
Wow, from the title I could have sworn this was a Nablis thread.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-10-12 19:35:39  
Question though... did he have any abysite that enhanced blue chest rate or anything?

I was wondering if it was viable to farm gold chests for AF3 feet low man instead of full alliance :\
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-10-12 19:38:11  
I believe he only had the bought blue chest abyssite.
 Unicorn.Ryuchan
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ryuchan
By Unicorn.Ryuchan 2010-10-12 19:40:13  
Are lights easier to cap when there are fewer people in the party? We had a 6~8 man team farming pop items one night and it seemed like our lights were capping a lot sooner than normal, even without everyone having the abyssites that enhanced the blue chests and such.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-10-12 19:42:41  
Ryu, I think that was due to the fact it's easier to coordinate 8 skilled players versus 17 idiots you don't know.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-10-12 19:44:00  
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
Are lights easier to cap when there are fewer people in the party? We had a 6~8 man team farming pop items one night and it seemed like our lights were capping a lot sooner than normal, even without everyone having the abyssites that enhanced the blue chests and such.
Yeah we did an 10 man exp group a few nights back... we got 1250 exp chests in about 15 lights instead of 25/30 like we anticipated.

I would only assume its based on the amount in the group as well.

I wonder if going in with 2-3 people low manning amber light for gold chests if it would be easier to get AF3 feet that way. :| hmmm
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2010-10-12 19:45:33  
I killed one Ephemeral Murex in Misareaux, then 3 mandies at conflux 8. The last mandy dropped a time extension, which was the only chest that dropped of the 4 kills. One of the mandies gave pearl from dying to bio.. the other three kills were azure. I have the ivory abyssite of kismet. If that means anything at all... I had somebody in party for the murex and one of the mandies, I was solo for the other two and the time extension.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-10-12 19:53:40  
Hmm, Party size might be a factor in this. LS mate was solo when he killed those emphermeal mobs.
 Unicorn.Ryuchan
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ryuchan
By Unicorn.Ryuchan 2010-10-12 19:56:06  
Though I do agree that it's easier to coordinate 8 people instead of 17 idiots, haha! But yeah, we counted and it was pretty close to the 15 mark instead of 25 when we capped. Maybe because he was solo it went down even more?
 Bahamut.Aiyana
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-12 20:08:02  
I believe the abyssites which increase the "chance of X color box dropping" really just give you pre-built up lights when you enter the zone. This explains why one person getting a killshot could get a TE, and another person in the same group (Possibly without the abyssite) only produced a 250exp box. It's impossible for one person to kill two mobs and get these results.
It also can explain why some people have better "luck" with the Emphermeal mobs.

Note: This is untested speculation, nothing more.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-12 20:14:07  
Siren.Itachi said:
An ls mate of mine was saying he capped his azure light by killing 3 ephermeal mobs(with magic of course.) He said he got a 1,250 blue exp chest on the third mob and that ephermeal mobs give 10x light. I'd be willing to test this on my own if I had enough time but imagine the time we can save for abyssea exp/af3 feet farming if this turns out to be true. Thoughts and opinions are welcomed.

Easyest way to test this would probably be to kill ephermeals only for 3 amber then 3 pearls since gold ones are easyest to tell if you have caped... I'll go poke around a bit if i have time later.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-10-12 20:50:48  
Killed an ephe with magic, got feeble azure light. Have key item to enhance blue chests. We were killing worms that don't give azure light. We got a chest for 1000 cruor.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-10-13 17:04:10  
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Killed an ephe with magic, got feeble azure light. Have key item to enhance blue chests. We were killing worms that don't give azure light. We got a chest for 1000 cruor.

Was it low man?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-10-13 18:06:13  
Siren.Itachi said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

Was it low man?

ya, 3 ppl in pt.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-13 18:14:14  
15 is normal for Azure with 2x Kismet key item. Pretty sure sometimes they did and sometimes they didnt give more lights to me. its strange
 Asura.Tezmania
user: tezmania
By Asura.Tezmania 2010-10-13 19:51:59  
Have been capping azure the last few days on 3 kills for getting magic kill on Ephemral Murex. This does not work the same way for Pearl light.

Killing 3 of these murex will allow you to start gettin TE's 5 mins after zoning into Abyssea. This allows you to quickly get down to business and farm your pearl on more reliable mobs and switch to whatever mob your intending to farm etc. It also means your going to be much more productive with your time and avoid having to go into abyssea with high numbers to get your lights fast. AVOID the pain of idiots who ruin your lights and focus on a small group of people who know there stuff!
By Nabis 2010-10-13 20:10:41  
Asura.Tezmania said:
Have been capping azure the last few days on 3 kills for getting magic kill on Ephemral Murex. This does not work the same way for Pearl light. Killing 3 of these murex will allow you to start gettin TE's 5 mins after zoning into Abyssea. This allows you to quickly get down to business and farm your pearl on more reliable mobs and switch to whatever mob your intending to farm etc. It also means your going to be much more productive with your time and avoid having to go into abyssea with high numbers to get your lights fast. AVOID the pain of idiots who ruin your lights and focus on a small group of people who know there stuff!

This ^
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-13 21:29:10  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Question though... did he have any abysite that enhanced blue chest rate or anything? I was wondering if it was viable to farm gold chests for AF3 feet low man instead of full alliance :\
Well actually, if you cap your lights and have some time left after a pt, you can kill DC mobs and get Large Gold Chests. 'Tis how I got my SAM feet after 15 hours :x I'm not exactly sure if they have DC mobs in all zones, but I do believe in the starting vicinity for Vunk and Attohwa there are mobs you can solo easily.

If you were just solo though without a party, I would think building Amber light solo + Destiny Abyssites would make it a little easier on you.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-10-13 22:09:22  
Party size does not matter, a member of my ls told me about this several weeks ago. Killing 2 ephemerals with magic will cap azure light, even in a full alliance. I saw it proven today in my attohwa party. We started out with 2 ephemeral murex, and the next chest that dropped was 1000 cruor. Second chest was a TE.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-20 08:04:52  
This got me thinking... has anyone tryed building a pearl light off the avatars that wander the area? Since only 2 of them actually drop anything that we know of aside from temps I'm sure they are there for some reason or another.
 Diabolos.Jonsnow
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Jons
By Diabolos.Jonsnow 2010-10-20 09:01:37  
I've gone in with 3 people and turned 90 min into 5 hours. We had 3 boots drop that run. Also gone in with 5 people plus a leach and went for 4 hours and left with 100 min. Just have to watch your kills. Also the abyssites for bonus lights are big help.

We kill reg murex getting the lights we need and whenever we spot and ephemeral mob floating around we kill it with whatever light we are short on. We don't worry about the exp chain at the beginning since we're all 85 and we'll cap merits in a few hours anyway with this method. We usually see 2-3 pairs of boots each run with this method. Its a lot nicer when you only have to split them between 3-6 people instead of 18.
 Fenrir.Hyar
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Hyaroraro
By Fenrir.Hyar 2010-10-20 09:18:45  
Just did Abyssea - Attohwa last night and we were able to cap azure light off of the first two emphermeal murex's. Attempted to kill them for pearl light but they didn't seem to want to drop it so I'm not entirely sure whether it works for that or not. I can confirm that it still works though. Might have to do with having the new abyssite too by chance?
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-10-20 09:24:17  
I must admit ive done a couple of parties in the Chasm where the first thign we kill is one if not 2 murex and if one lurks the area mid party unless we're capped on lights we killed that too it DID seem to make things quicker.

but then again we're all eyeballing lol
First Page 2