users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Capping a certain light in 3 kills
Capping a certain light in 3 kills
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-20 09:25:09  
You can actually get pearl off the ephemerals as well, it's just really rare.

Usually when I go into an abyssea alliance on blu, I will camp ephemerals while the alliance kills whatever till azure and pearl are capped. I've gotten pearl from the ephemeral on multiple occasions.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-20 09:25:51  
It works for Pearl. Pearl isn't 100% "proc" from any mobs including Ephemerals, so it's just a matter of luck.

Note: also works for Ruby, so be very careful.
 Asura.Darkultima
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-10-20 09:26:34  
Ephemeral MUREX gives 5 times normal azure, pearl and amber light, no matters the zone.

This way, me and a ls mate entered abyssea - misareaux, with no light, killed a few ephemeral and stayed inside for about 11 hours, capping exp/merits, getting 8/8 KIs 4 RNG feets 1 PLD feet and 1.2M in drop.

If you're looking to cap light for NMs, quests ...
Epehemerals are the way to go^^
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2010-10-20 09:29:09  
Yup I tested this myself out last night. Now we just need to locate good camping spots for the ephermeals. I know in Aby-Mis theres an Ephermeal Murex among the colibri, another among the frigate birds, and among the tri-bats. That's a very good spot to cap lights quickly. More to come as I find out where are good spots for other zones.
[+]
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-10-20 09:32:09  
Siren.Itachi said:
Yup I tested this myself out last night. Now we just need to locate good camping spots for the ephermeals. I know in Aby-Mis theres an Ephermeal Murex among the colibri, another among the frigate birds, and among the tri-bats. That's a very good spot to cap lights quickly. More to come as I find out where are good spots for other zones.

From what i saw, in misareaux, ephemerals pop at:
One by murex
One by spiders
One by colibris
One by bats trio
One by frogs
One by raptor
Attohwa:
Two by murex
One by coeurls
One by cockatrices
One by worms
(...)
No clue for vunkerl yet ;/
As for misareaux, best thing to do is to cap light on ephemeral, then farm chest on regular murexs, they cant give ruby light if you accidently WS kill, and have very low HPs^^
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-10-20 09:35:14  
For some reason odd reason I always have trouble finding Ephermeal mobs in vunkerl.
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-10-20 09:38:44  
Yeah, they dont seem to have constant repop ;/
Best thing to do is to bring a BST with you i guess :3
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-20 09:44:13  
They actually do have a constant repop, but they have a small area they can repop in. If you know the areas, you'll find them. Keep in mind if you go out there during JP hours, they are always hunting them so you might go a while without finding one.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-20 11:00:16  
Oh wow, actually a thread of some value.

Our groups normally kill 3 murex. We can confirm thy give azure, pearl, amber, and ruby (stupid *** SAM).We thought our lights were capped (group of 6) buy we were not getting *** all for blue chests are chest in general. We may have botched our lights. We d kill tigers in Vunkerl, and wait for repop on the murex by the stegosaurs and the other jelly amoebean in the area. It was fun though but we ll test more when I get back.

Another time, we walked into Vunkerl and killed one murex and Seps (pop puk NM). Someone had then linked a puk and we killed it. 1250 exp chest. So I wonder if killing the NM for a group of mobs also speeds up lights.

Murex pops in vunkerl are:
One by soulflayers (6) longest but safest route
One by imps (6)
One by stegotaurs (4)
One by the marid (00)
One by rabbits/puks (6)

Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-20 11:11:23  
There's also one by the bombs (8). There's also one by both groups of murex (The group by (2) and the group southwest of the zone entrance.) I'll have to compile a list when I get home from work.

There's a murex or amoebaen by every group of mobs really.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-10-20 11:20:46  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
Are lights easier to cap when there are fewer people in the party? We had a 6~8 man team farming pop items one night and it seemed like our lights were capping a lot sooner than normal, even without everyone having the abyssites that enhanced the blue chests and such.
Yeah we did an 10 man exp group a few nights back... we got 1250 exp chests in about 15 lights instead of 25/30 like we anticipated. I would only assume its based on the amount in the group as well. I wonder if going in with 2-3 people low manning amber light for gold chests if it would be easier to get AF3 feet that way. :| hmmm

Yes. Blade: Yu kill Peapuks. You can get 30 lights in 45 min. solo. I had to do it a few times, but I got SAMX2, NIN, PUP, DRG, SCH, and SMN in a total four runs.
 Asura.Tezmania
user: tezmania
By Asura.Tezmania 2010-10-20 11:21:28  
The reason I think SE make the Ephemeral Amoeban capable of reseting lights is.

Just say you joined a party. You farmed ALOT of time.
Now its time for you to leave..
Some dush in the party kept getting RUBY light.. So now your lights suck because your gettin too many reds.
Use the Ephemeral Amoeban to reset your lights, then refarm the lights you do want! Without exiting and saving your valuable time.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-10-20 11:43:34  
Couple things:

I'm very skeptical that ephemeral mobs give extra pearl. I've gotten 4 pearl lights off ephemerals at the beginning of a run and definitely did not notice what should have been 20 pearls. However, with azure and both abyssites, you can cap azure in less than 2 ephemerals. I say less than because killing 2 is really overkill with both abyssites. You will have access to time extensions after one ephemeral. This works in past zones as well. I got fully capped temp item chest last night after one kill. Anyway, I'm almost positive that ephemerals do not give increased pearl light, and I have both abyssites that increase chest drop rate as well.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-20 12:05:49  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Couple things: I'm very skeptical that ephemeral mobs give extra pearl. I've gotten 4 pearl lights off ephemerals at the beginning of a run and definitely did not notice what should have been 20 pearls. However, with azure and both abyssites, you can cap azure in less than 2 ephemerals. I say less than because killing 2 is really overkill with both abyssites. You will have access to time extensions after one ephemeral. This works in past zones as well. I got fully capped temp item chest last night after one kill. Anyway, I'm almost positive that ephemerals do not give increased pearl light, and I have both abyssites that increase chest drop rate as well.

I can agree with this. Was just in a NM group and we spamed some ephemeral murex and after 7 or 8 pearls from them we deffinetly were not caped on it.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-20 12:59:38  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Couple things:

I'm very skeptical that ephemeral mobs give extra pearl. I've gotten 4 pearl lights off ephemerals at the beginning of a run and definitely did not notice what should have been 20 pearls. However, with azure and both abyssites, you can cap azure in less than 2 ephemerals. I say less than because killing 2 is really overkill with both abyssites. You will have access to time extensions after one ephemeral. This works in past zones as well. I got fully capped temp item chest last night after one kill. Anyway, I'm almost positive that ephemerals do not give increased pearl light, and I have both abyssites that increase chest drop rate as well.

I came across the same thing, we capped Azure super quick with an Ephermal but kept trying pearl over and over again and could not get it near capped. It seems like building pearl on rock murex is very difficult and even when pearl is rewarded for Ephermal it's not high.

So does anyone have any ideas of the best way to cap Pearl in Attowa? End result here is to farm feet we can build amber and azure easy on the Murex but with no pearl or very little pearl we end up timing out based on the rate we are killing these mobs (no where close to full ally)
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-10-20 15:36:44  
I'd say cap Azure and amber on ephermeal then work on pearl on regular mobs but that would be ridiculous for obvious reasons. At least once you feel you have enough time you can cap amber easily off of ephermeal. This is still a neat shortcut and time saver overall.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-10-20 16:01:17  
Yeah, that's what I do. 2 Ephemeral azure kills and then pearl on normal mobs until 30. Then can do amber on normal/ephemeral mobs until cap.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-21 15:49:19  
aight well seems like building pearl on rock murex is very unreliable though. Anyone know if some mobs build pearl more consistently than other mobs? (attowa specifically I guess in my case) because I didn't run #s but it seemed like 5-10% or lower for pearl to log when killing with melee on the rock murex.

I've never had this problem when exping in old zones
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-10-22 22:37:45  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
aight well seems like building pearl on rock murex is very unreliable though. Anyone know if some mobs build pearl more consistently than other mobs? (attowa specifically I guess in my case) because I didn't run #s but it seemed like 5-10% or lower for pearl to log when killing with melee on the rock murex.

Rock murex and Ephermeral murex are two different monsters. The 10x only applies to Ephermeral monsters.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-24 01:42:07  
Siren.Itachi said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Rock murex and Ephermeral murex are two different monsters. The 10x only applies to Ephermeral monsters.

i'm well aware they arent the same mob.

you dont get 10x light on Ephermeral for pearl though.

either way got things working last night, lots of feet drops for many of my friends ^^

^^
 Fenrir.Necrids
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Necrids
By Fenrir.Necrids 2010-10-24 06:11:54  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
Are lights easier to cap when there are fewer people in the party? We had a 6~8 man team farming pop items one night and it seemed like our lights were capping a lot sooner than normal, even without everyone having the abyssites that enhanced the blue chests and such.
Yeah we did an 10 man exp group a few nights back... we got 1250 exp chests in about 15 lights instead of 25/30 like we anticipated.

I would only assume its based on the amount in the group as well.

I wonder if going in with 2-3 people low manning amber light for gold chests if it would be easier to get AF3 feet that way. :| hmmm
it is actually quite easy to farm things up this way. i went in with a trio group to abyssea vunk. and we went around and killed all the ephemeral murex mobs that we knew of and then went to the entrance and started killing river murex there. we entered with about 50 mins each and after maybe an hour we were at over 120 mins and started working on killing ephemeral murex mobs with amber light. we managed to get 3 pairs of blu af3 feet, 2 pairs of dnc af3 feet 2 pairs of smn af3 feet and something else. we also managed to get all 4 key items that can be found in those chests for each of us as well as a couple of decent diamond rings. we did the same thing in abyssea attohwa and managed to get all the key items there as well with 2 pairs of whm feet and a pair of rdm feet dropping in about an hour and a half of farming. our setup was war/sam, rdm/whm, and me on whm/nin meleeing.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-24 06:29:39  
Fenrir.Necrids said:

nice.. good to know trio farming shoes works wonders ftw
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [80 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-12 15:16:35  
Rumor says that this works with popping VNMs also. Or at least I know that's how some people get pearl capped, or so they say. Haven't really tried this out due to lack of gametime.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-12 15:20:13  
It seems to me that pearl is just about cap the moment you enter one of the new zones if you have 3/3 abyssites. And yes, vnms give increased lights, as do all nms.
 Caitsith.Ravant
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-01-12 15:20:41  
it does. ive been told to go pop and amber t1 vnm if i couldnt find any glowy things before and it rained gold chests.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-12 15:25:30  
Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Rumor says that this works with popping VNMs also. Or at least I know that's how some people get pearl capped, or so they say. Haven't really tried this out due to lack of gametime.
I've been told this too... but one day I went to upgrade to colorful. And while I don't know when I capped azure exactly (partly cause I had 0 pearl so chest droprate was crap and it took me almost 100 to upgrade so I kinda mindnumbed) I wasn't capped after ~15 and that's with some of the abyssites that help out. So if they do give more it's not all zones or it's only like 1.25 more or it's not azure
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-01-13 02:18:31  
VNMs give pearl 100% of the time on a melee kill, and I refuse to believe that ephemerals give enhanced pearl at all from my own experience. With no kismet abyssites you should be able to cap pearl in ~6 VNMs. Avatar mobs and regular NMs also give enhanced lights but I'm not sure if pearl is 100% on them. Stick with tier 1 VNMs for pearl, ephemerals for the rest.

I also noticed the enhanced pearl in the new areas the other day and I had no fortune abyssites and only killed a few regular mobs doing a dominion page. Seemed to be capped after 3 or 4 buffalo.
 Odin.Arnor
サーバ: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2011-01-13 03:21:24  
since they upped cap to 90 i dont think emp mobs are 10 anymore.. atleast i think it has to do with lvl... it may be 10 still but at 90 its difficult to find an it emp mob in the scars zones.. so where i do beleive they give enhanced lights still i dont think its as much so just means need to kill a few more.. i usually look for about 5-6 at the start of a party to be safe personally
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-13 03:43:21  
Bismarck.Themuffingirl said:
VNMs give pearl 100% of the time on a melee kill, and I refuse to believe that ephemerals give enhanced pearl at all from my own experience. With no kismet abyssites you should be able to cap pearl in ~6 VNMs. Avatar mobs and regular NMs also give enhanced lights but I'm not sure if pearl is 100% on them. Stick with tier 1 VNMs for pearl, ephemerals for the rest.

I also noticed the enhanced pearl in the new areas the other day and I had no fortune abyssites and only killed a few regular mobs doing a dominion page. Seemed to be capped after 3 or 4 buffalo.

What you are experiencing is the "Morale" Benefits of dominion. There is also benefits similar to the Dominion Moral, for upgrading the Pulse Martello, but nobody does Bastion anymore. Spend a few moments to talk to the Tactician or Bastion Sargent to confirm this for yourself.