Thinking about coming back
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-09-28 13:40:32  
hey guys.

being abstinent of ffxi for more than a month, but after playing my char for 5 years i already miss it.

ff14 is kinda boring atm as there's not many content and always maintenance during my prime time <.< so my thought was having both games active.

so... is it worth coming back to sylph? i know i havent been absent that long, but i was told the server is kinda dead.

guess i'd also have to look for an abyssea ls or so...WELL

waiting for your comments!
By Artemicion 2010-09-28 13:42:22  
Whether it's worth coming back or not is up to you. However, I for one still enjoy playing FFXI for what it is and is worth, and plan on continuing to play especially since I started over recently.

If you'd like you could come to Fenrir and have random misadventures with me and Ballista it up :D
By sukasaroth 2010-09-28 20:24:41  
Im starting a dynamis and abyssea shell but also plan on doing older content as well for fun and drops people will always want.

Feel free to PM me.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-11 06:24:45  
well, i reactivated my account a week ago and played like... 3 hours until i got pretty bored and annoyed.

seems all you can do ig is nothing but all kinds of abyssea stuff. abyssea exp is nice & fast, but it DOES get boring when you keep repeating it. and whats the reason for killing abyssea NMs & getting new, better gear? so you can spam abyssea better? oh well...

i already regret reactivating my account -_-
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-11 06:37:30  
you know MMos are ALWAYS repeatin stuffs after first experience...

try ff13 ;x (well endgame of ff13 is same lolz)
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-11 06:47:39  
yea i know that, but before abyssea we had HNM, salvage, limbus, dynamis, nyzul... etc. not only one event.

ff13 has "endgame"? as an offline rpg?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-11 06:50:44  
XI has pretty much been turned into XI:Abyssea

There is really nothing else to do other then that.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-11 06:54:14  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:

Exactly. Maybe the newer players enjoy that. But as I've been playing since 2003 I really miss some serious content and the old exp camps. Everything but abyssea has died.
By VladTepes 2010-10-11 06:57:17  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

Exactly. Maybe the newer players enjoy that. But as I've been playing since 2003 I really miss some serious content and the old exp camps. Everything but abyssea has died.

True friendship never dies!

Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-11 06:59:22  
VladTepes said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

yea, but your old friends can quit ;) which makes the game even less enjoyable with abyssea as only content.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-11 06:59:51  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

Main reason I quite was because I was becoming so disinterested in just grinding out for hours in Abyssea :/

Hell even when I had my flag up and specifically said "{NO THANKS} ABYSSEA" 9 out of 10 invites were abyssea :/

Got boring quick.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-11 07:08:18  
problem is they are raisin lvl cap to 90, so until its done they cant rly do stuff and events for this lvl not even in game atm...
so abyssea will be the only things to do for a while...
 Ifrit.Tulnig
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2010-10-11 07:13:57  
Hi Lotusbluete,

I've been hearing a lot of stories lately about people being dissatistfied with FFXIV and cancelling there FFXIV subscription and coming back to FFXI. The truth is FFXI is still a great game, and while 99% of exp now does occur in Abyssea, most of the old storyline missions are now soloable. For example, I recently solo'd TAU Mission 1-35, and I'm still hashing out how I'm going to finish it. FFXI has experienced some moderate inflation in the reraise and food markets (as well as NIN tools and Arrows/bolts), but thats due to an increase in demand, not RMT activity for the most part. I plan on sticking with FFXI until I find something better and FFXIV is not something better.

Best Regards,
Tul
By VladTepes 2010-10-11 07:15:08  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
VladTepes said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

yea, but your old friends can quit ;) which makes the game even less enjoyable with abyssea as only content.

Eh. The ocean is full of fish :) Just because you like pizza for example doesn't mean you eat it every day, right? Diversity is the key! This is coming from a monogamously challenged person (swinger).
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-11 07:18:11  
Ifrit.Tulnig said:
Hi Lotusbluete,

I've been hearing a lot of stories lately about people being dissatistfied with FFXIV and cancelling there FFXIV subscription and coming back to FFXI. The truth is FFXI is still a great game, and while 99% of exp now does occur in Abyssea, most of the old storyline missions are now soloable. For example, I recently solo'd TAU Mission 1-35, and I'm still hashing out how I'm going to finish it. FFXI has experienced some moderate inflation in the reraise and food markets (as well as NIN tools and Arrows/bolts), but thats due to an increase in demand, not RMT activity for the most part. I plan on sticking with FFXI until I find something better and FFXIV is not something better.

Best Regards,
Tul

Not sure about you, but I find that kind of sad because part of the fun of XI was and still is (kinda) built around getting ***done with friends or randoms (i'd rather with friends though) pretty much making all storyline soloable to an extent just puts it into "easy mode"

The only thing right now that they have gunning for them is Abyssea (90% of all Events I see nowadays are Abyssea only)
By VladTepes 2010-10-11 07:18:48  
Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
problem is they are raisin lvl cap to 90, so until its done they cant rly do stuff and events for this lvl not even in game atm...

This is what pisses me off. FFXI is VAST. You can do ANYTHING you desire and not just abyssea. Let's go back to high school. Just because the "cool kids" smoke doesn't mean you have to smoke too. Get it? Your potential as well as FFXI's potential is unlimited. Moral - don't limit yourself to just one thing! and no FFXI isn't dead.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-11 07:20:47  

Problem is when SE only releases new content that is Abyssea specific (which assuming the trend they are doing now, will carry on to 90-99 cap and not change at all)

Everything right now is just Abyssea this and Abyssea that.

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-11 07:26:28  
why plps think lvl99 will be new cap ???
Se only said third update in december will be third lvl raise, so logical would be 90...did i missed a info said by Se ?
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-11 07:27:23  
Ifrit.Tulnig said:
Hi Lotusbluete,

Best Regards,
Tul

Well, I already finished all Storylines but the current WOTG one, so that isnt of much interest for me either. I used to love missions, most fun for me since i started playing.

I have no doubt that some ppl still enjoy FFXI, but for me its boring. Old friends quit, only abyssea is availavle atm - i dont enjoy it. No reason to play it then =) might as well do something I actually enjoy.

And yes, I dont enjoy ffxiv either. i just give it a try atm and see how it will develop.
 Sylph.Zoeyy
user: Dartt
By Sylph.Zoeyy 2010-10-11 07:37:27  
There's enough people around still that don't want to just do Abyssea-Only. You have to work to find them, but they're there. After all, have to do something to kill time when you run outta stones :P

But... but! If you've been gone for a month you should have like 30+ stones. Go go Final Abyssea XI :D
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-11 07:39:13  
VladTepes said:

This is what pisses me off. FFXI is VAST. You can do ANYTHING you desire and not just abyssea. Let's go back to high school. Just because the "cool kids" smoke doesn't mean you have to smoke too. Get it? Your potential as well as FFXI's potential is unlimited. Moral - don't limit yourself to just one thing! and no FFXI isn't dead.

i enjoyed missions, limbus & hanging out with friends.

done with all missions, limbus gear not worth anything anymore and most friends quit. theres no more excitement/ challenge for me left aka nothing i would desire to do.

for me, abyssea is no challenge and no excitement and i'm bored of it.

when i notice i dont enjoy the game anymore, theres no reason to keep playing it =)
By VladTepes 2010-10-11 08:09:57  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
VladTepes said:

i enjoyed missions, limbus & hanging out with friends.

done with all missions, limbus gear not worth anything anymore and most friends quit. theres no more excitement/ challenge for me left aka nothing i would desire to do.

for me, abyssea is no challenge and no excitement and i'm bored of it.

when i notice i dont enjoy the game anymore, theres no reason to keep playing it =)

Sorry Lotty, I wasn't referring to you. I was talking in general. You seem hard to please girl. Give me beep, I'll take care of that :)
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-11 08:15:44  
yea, i'm indeed very hard to please :P
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-11 08:26:22  
You have only been inactive a month and your asking for advice on whether to resume playing?

It's exactly the same as it was a month ago.
[+]
By VladTepes 2010-10-11 08:28:17  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
yea, i'm indeed very hard to please :P

Me too ; ;
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-11 08:28:21  
ffxi sucks. There I said it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-10-11 08:32:35  
You made the right choice when you deactivated it. Don't turn back! I saw your post in the "how ffxi affected you" thread and you had the same opinion as me: Abyssea ruined XI. If you go back, all you're gonna do is waste time standing around WG, or participating in a never-ending mandy killing session. Fun.
[+]
By VladTepes 2010-10-11 08:35:21  
Valefor.Sketchkat said:
You made the right choice when you deactivated it. Don't turn back! I saw your post in the "how ffxi affected you" thread and you had the same opinion as me: Abyssea ruined XI. If you go back, all you're gonna do is waste time standing around WG, or participating in a never-ending mandy killing session. Fun.

Your text to link here...
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-11 08:41:05  
Valefor.Sketchkat said:

Yup. I found that out when i reactivated my Char 1 week ago XD oh well... I wanted to try at least but now i know for sure that I'm done =)
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-11 08:42:27  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Yup. I found that out when i reactivated my Char 1 week ago XD oh well... I wanted to try at least but now i know for sure that I'm done =)

You can't quit. This game owns you, you are here forever.
First Page 2 3 4 5