言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Thinking about coming back
Thinking about coming back
By VladTepes 2010-10-12 06:33:04  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
my total playtime of ffxi & ffxiv together during the last 2 months was like... 3-5 hours.

i dunno what you mean, but with saying "my life makes sense w/o ffxi" too i meant my other activities which include my bf, friends, dancing, etc.

Get married, have a kid :) Raising a kid might sound fun but it's hard. I'm sorry if I said anything to offend you - I didn't mean it. Just remember, if you have a kid, your life is over. You'll have to put your kid before ANYONE including yourself.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-12 06:33:45  
VladTepes said:
If you truly love your man, be with him. Don't ignore him. Talk to him. If you're not happy with your life, it's time to think it over and deal with whatever is not making you happy. If you need any more help feel free to contact. I might be a jerk sometimes, that I admit.
wtf is wrong with you XD i just said i am happy and that im just not enjoying ffxi anymore and therefore quitting Oo i have no problems at all.

this thread needs to be closed :P as my decision was made.
By VladTepes 2010-10-12 06:35:17  
You might just need some time alone to figure out what's inside your heart and what you want from life. FFXI is a game, but it's the people that make it worthwhile. If you need any more advice PM me.
By salvadore 2010-10-12 06:35:54  
You'll have to excuse him. After he came out of his Mensa meeting thugs apparently kicked the ***out of him, broke his sunglasses, and stole his shirt. Brain damage is indeed possible.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-12 06:35:58  
ITT Vlad doesn't learn how to shut up lol. I hope you do well in life after FFXI Lotus lol
By VladTepes 2010-10-12 06:36:00  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
VladTepes said:
If you truly love your man, be with him. Don't ignore him. Talk to him. If you're not happy with your life, it's time to think it over and deal with whatever is not making you happy. If you need any more help feel free to contact. I might be a jerk sometimes, that I admit.
wtf is wrong with you XD i just said i am happy and that im just not enjoying ffxi anymore and therefore quitting Oo i have no problems at all.

this thread needs to be closed :P as my decision was made.

I misinterpreted what you said. Sorry.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-12 06:36:16  
i give up =)
By VladTepes 2010-10-12 06:38:14  
Well then, perhaps it's time to make a Farewell thread instead of "thinking about coming back".
By VladTepes 2010-10-12 06:38:34  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
i give up =)

Women...
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-10-12 12:26:27  
VladTepes said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
i give up =)

Women...

FFXI's newest E-stalker it seems.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-12 13:27:07  
Hey if you are quitting for good, can I have your stuff?
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-13 06:45:54  
Sylph.Kimble said:
no!
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-13 06:47:54  
VladTepes said:
You might just need some time alone to figure out what's inside your heart and what you want from life. FFXI is a game, but it's the people that make it worthwhile. If you need any more advice PM me.

Can I pm you too
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-13 08:20:15  
Asura.Matzilla said:
VladTepes said:

Can I pm you too

if you dont expect an answer, sure.
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-10-13 09:16:08  
I was a big ffxi player was really addicted to it. one day i just gave everything away and deleted my char because the game wasn't fun anymore... almost all there is to do is abyssea abyssea and more abyssea, a lot of old endgame items have been crushed by AF3... easiest way to be done with the game for good give away ur stuff say goodbye to your friends add them on FB or some sort of chat site so you can still talk to your friends from game and delete ur character.... despite me wanting to go back to the game i cannot due to me not having anything. I don't regret my choice to quit at all.
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-13 09:37:46  
Can somebody put a shirt on vlad and tell him to get rid of those Kim Jong Il glasses? He scares me.
 Cerberus.Nequito
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Fayt1215
By Cerberus.Nequito 2010-10-13 09:40:49  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Can somebody put a shirt on vlad and tell him to get rid of those Kim Jong Il glasses? He scares me.

And go to the gym if you are gonna take your shirt off.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-13 09:45:06  
Cerberus.Nequito said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

And go to the gym if you are gonna take your shirt off.
at the very least get a Guido fake tan
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-13 09:55:40  
Bismarck.Rellz said:
I was a big ffxi player was really addicted to it. one day i just gave everything away and deleted my char because the game wasn't fun anymore... almost all there is to do is abyssea abyssea and more abyssea, a lot of old endgame items have been crushed by AF3... easiest way to be done with the game for good give away ur stuff say goodbye to your friends add them on FB or some sort of chat site so you can still talk to your friends from game and delete ur character.... despite me wanting to go back to the game i cannot due to me not having anything. I don't regret my choice to quit at all.

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
no!

Yeah, not giving your ***to someone when you quit for good is pretty douchy. Like this OP. You don't enjoy the game anymore, and you have stuff that other people could enjoy more than you, but to some selfish end, you take it with you. I expect these people to put things in their Wills like: "Bury me with my 50,000 dollars of vacation money that I saved up, I don't want anybody to get that."

I feel like the OP thought someone was going to tell them the magic words to make them suddendly enjoy it without a second thought. When you leave and come back, you have to make friends again in order to feel like you're part of that group again. To expect 5+ people to show up out of the blue and want to talk to you, and hang out with you in-game is laughable. You have to make at least some effort to make friends, no different than in real life.

As such, I feel that the OP has little to no friends in real life, otherwise they'd know how it is. If you stop talking to your friends/stop doing stuff with them, you simply grow apart. To expect people to suddenly appear in your life and think of you as their best friend without any effort on your part is a joke.
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-10-13 10:05:54  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
no!

Yeah, not giving your ***to someone when you quit for good is pretty douchy. Like this OP. You don't enjoy the game anymore, and you have stuff that other people could enjoy more than you, but to some selfish end, you take it with you. I expect these people to put things in their Wills like: "Bury me with my 50,000 dollars of vacation money that I saved up, I don't want anybody to get that."
or maybe she has friends she wants to or has already given her stuff to. just saying...
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-13 10:11:01  
Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
no!
or maybe she has friends she wants to or has already given her stuff to. just saying...

That may be true, but I've also seen way too many people leave the game without as much as giving one piece of gear to others. It just doesn't make sense to me. It's one thing if you said, "meh, this game is boring, I'll quit for now and maybe if I get bored enough, I'll come back later." But I've seen people who know for a fact that they'll never log in again, and still keep everything they ever had on them.
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-10-13 10:21:31  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
no!
That may be true, but I've also seen way too many people leave the game without as much as giving one piece of gear to others. It just doesn't make sense to me. It's one thing if you said, "meh, this game is boring, I'll quit for now and maybe if I get bored enough, I'll come back later." But I've seen people who know for a fact that they'll never log in again, and still keep everything they ever had on them.
only reason i can see people not giving stuff away is they think people should make their own money insted of getting freebees. im generally that way... i hate when people ask for money when its easy to make money... (at least was) but i wanted a reason to get away from game for good... if i didnt give my stuf away id prolly still be playing the game

Edit: oh and dont forget another reason ppl dont give their stuff away when they quit it is to sell to RMTs
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-14 02:01:49  
actually kimble and me are friends and i was teasing. but go on hating :P
By CathyM 2010-10-14 03:17:50  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Thats why you grab another RDM and duo any NM you want in abyssea!

'cause no one is ever available. and duoing all the time isnt as much fun as doing group stuff. well... i'm just hard to satisfy :P

Typical attention ***. If you're bored and so hard to satisfy MOVE ON with it! I just hate girls and guys who crave attention and always need tons of people around them and who need constant reassurance about how cool or hot they are. You're not the only female gamer on here but I noticed from your previous posts all of them scream one thing: "Notice me". I too read these forums to keep myself entertained at times but don't feel the need to post for attention. My boyfriend gives me ALL the attention I need. Take care
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-14 04:54:55  
I started this topic before i reactivated my account. i simply wanted to know what the game is like now and some ppl gave me serious meant answers.

i never asked anyone to persuade me to play or to give me attention. after reactivating my account i simply stated that ffxi isnt the right game for me to play anymore - not my fault that ppl flame this thread with nonsense after that.

just for you, my dear, i'll write this once more: i already DID move on, i'm happy irl, i'm satisfied and neither do i need ffxi, ppl who persuade me to play it, tell me i'm hot nor anyone's attention.

take care :)

Edit:

@mods
feel free to close this thread as my decision was made. there are enough spam threads around in this forum.
By Artemicion 2010-10-14 04:57:01  
ITT: