Do You Believe In Psychics?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Do you believe in Psychics?
Do you believe in Psychics?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 17:43:44  
how do you guys feel about this:

i have had the itch to buy one for months.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-21 17:44:00  
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:44:49  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Flionheart said:
I suppose I should rephrase then: Do you believe in a spiritual essence that can in fact make you psychic? Talking to spirits for example.
Nope not even a little. Do ppl believe in ghosts? Sorry to steal thread with another question but I am curious. So do you believe in ghosts?
If you're a religious person, you likely believe in good spirits and bad spirits. If you're not religious, you likely don't believe in that stuff. (although some people still may)
Spirits and Ghosts the same thing?

I think, in this instance, ghosts = malevolent spirits.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-21 17:44:57  
Hey Flion, have you been watching "A haunting", in discovery channel lately?
By Flionheart 2010-09-21 17:44:58  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I tried it last year at an anime expo, it does in fact work. It's not very accurate though, they had it hooked up to Counter Strike, and It was way WAY too hard to kill bots.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:45:11  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

WIN!
By Flionheart 2010-09-21 17:45:46  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

Nah, I used to watch a load of ghost programs, most noticably 'Most haunted' but it's just ridiculous.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:47:50  
alu-min-ium

aloo-min-um

get it right brits
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 17:48:53  
Flionheart said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Nah, I used to watch a load of ghost programs, most noticably 'Most haunted' but it's just ridiculous.
All those haunted shows are. OMG I Heard a noise!!!!

But I basicaly apply one rule to can it exist. Does it have any theoretical basis in anything that can be proven? If so then yes if not then no
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-21 17:48:58  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:
Another one, do you believe in Mediums?
Spritiual mediums? no People who can read others and discern information not readily available, yes.
IMO that has nothing to do with a Medium tho any person willing to go thru certain training can obtain that skill set..for example look at the Secret Service they are trained to do just that.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:49:03  
I use to have the camera that would autofocus based on what your eye was looking at...i used to fight that thing soo much till i got use to it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-21 17:49:16  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Flionheart said:
I suppose I should rephrase then: Do you believe in a spiritual essence that can in fact make you psychic? Talking to spirits for example.
Nope not even a little. Do ppl believe in ghosts? Sorry to steal thread with another question but I am curious. So do you believe in ghosts?
If you're a religious person, you likely believe in good spirits and bad spirits. If you're not religious, you likely don't believe in that stuff. (although some people still may)
Spirits and Ghosts the same thing?

Ghosts would technically be "spirits" of some sort :P
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-21 17:49:33  
Flionheart said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

I like Ghost Adventures, Most Haunted gets TOO much of a response. And I'd consider a ghost either a disembodied soul or simply a moment in time that has been imprinted on a place, but who knows?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 17:49:50  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:
Spritiual mediums? no People who can read others and discern information not readily available, yes.
IMO that has nothing to do with a Medium tho any person willing to go thru certain training can obtain that skill set..for example look at the Secret Service they are trained to do just that.
I want to get into a program like that damnit.
By Artemicion 2010-09-21 17:50:56  
ITT

Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:51:15  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I hate the name...just because its attached to your head doesn't mean it uses your brain. Its 100% blood pressure and muscle movement.
By Flionheart 2010-09-21 17:51:17  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:

Well it's just the Barnum effect 'We have something for everyone'

Cold reading at its finest lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 17:52:41  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:
But if supposed psychic abilities did actually exist that is exactly what they would have to be. Just some people will have more natural talent in it or see stuff that others can't
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-21 17:52:54  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Scientifically some of it should be theoretically possible.... If it actually exist yet is another story

True...

Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Scientifically some of it should be theoretically possible.... If it actually exist yet is another story

The thing is, most people use Cold reading, and sadly people fall into the trap of believing it.

Yup they do...

one thing I want to ask... where do Indians/native Americans fall in with this?

There are people with Indian ancestors who believe in this type of thing.

A long time ago there was a friend of mine and his mom kind of freaked me out. Not in a bad way it is just that was interested, pretty much.

If she dreamed that one of her children were going to have a child soon, few weeks later you found that one of her daughters was pregnant, if someone in her family had died it would have been true.

One time this cousin of his got mad as his dad the day before and decided to drive to school pissed off, he got cutoff and rammed into a tree, then died.

From what I was told that morning his dad was upstairs and one of his sisters called him down to look at the news, and it was about what had happened.

Everyone of course was shocked... When his dad went up stairs the guy saw there was something wrong with his wife so he woke her up, she was having a nightmare. When he asked what was wrong, she has told him someone on her side of the family is dead.

My friends dad turned on the tv and showed her what had happened on the news.

what would you guys say about something like this?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 17:53:16  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I hate the name...just because its attached to your head doesn't mean it uses your brain. Its 100% blood pressure and muscle movement.
doesn't your brain control those things?
:P
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:53:22  
Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:

Con artists and illusionists are masters at this. I should know, my dad was a slight of hand expert.....i was so proud the first time i got away with drinking at a friends house and lying to him and getting away with it.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:53:44  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

doesn't your brain control those things?
:P

not in the sense they are....oh i see what you did....

:-P
By Flionheart 2010-09-21 17:55:14  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:

Con artists and illusionists are masters at this. I should know, my dad was a slight of hand expert.....i was so proud the first time i got away with drinking at a friends house and lying to him and getting away with it.

Well I've followed Derren brown for quite a while, and I'm hoping to get into psychology and other similar sciences when I get to uni.

It's a huge interest to me, the entire manipulation and premise behind con artists, Illusionists and the like.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:55:53  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

True...

Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

The thing is, most people use Cold reading, and sadly people fall into the trap of believing it.

Yup they do...

one thing I want to ask... where do Indians/native Americans fall in with this?

There are people with Indian ancestors who believe in this type of thing.

A long time ago there was a friend of mine and his mom kind of freaked me out. Not in a bad way it is just that was interested, pretty much.

If she dreamed that one of her children were going to have a child soon, few weeks later you found that one of her daughters was pregnant, if someone in her family had died it would have been true.

One time this cousin of his got mad as his dad the day before and decided to drive to school pissed off, he got cutoff and rammed into a tree, then died.

From what I was told that morning his dad was upstairs and one of his sisters called him down to look at the news, and it was about what had happened.

Everyone of course was shocked... When his dad went up stairs the guy saw there was something wrong with his wife so he woke her up, she was having a nightmare. When he asked what was wrong, she has told him someone on her side of the family is dead.

My friends dad turned on the tv and showed her what had happened on the news.

what would you guys say about something like this?

half of it is self fulling prophecy, half is luck, other half is just things we simply cannot explain.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:57:07  
Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:

Well I've followed Derren brown for quite a while, and I'm hoping to get into psychology and other similar sciences when I get to uni.

It's a huge interest to me, the entire manipulation and premise behind con artists, Illusionists and the like.

yeah its a very good skill set to have. You make instant friends, people love you. its what Mystery based his pick up techniques on. I loved cold reading girls at frat parties, it was *** hilarious
By Flionheart 2010-09-21 17:59:32  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:

yeah its a very good skill set to have. You make instant friends, people love you. its what Mystery based his pick up techniques on. I loved cold reading girls at frat parties, it was *** hilarious

Women eat this ***up more than anyone, I don't mean to be sexist, but I can almost guarantee the majority of people who believe in horoscopes and psychic mediums are women.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 18:00:17  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
half of it is self fulling prophecy, half is luck, other half is just things we simply cannot explain.
I explain it with This. And some people finding/sensing small parts of the pattern somehow
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 18:01:39  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
I explain it with This. And some people finding/sensing small parts of the pattern somehow

i dont want to disagree with you...but i will counter with this
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 18:02:23  
Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Flionheart said:

Women eat this ***up more than anyone, I don't mean to be sexist, but I can almost guarantee the majority of people who believe in horoscopes and psychic mediums are women.

UH OH

Vinvv is gonna jump all over your ***...
By Artemicion 2010-09-21 18:03:07  
Clusterfuck of information I'll never be able to comprehend.
/mindblown
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13