Do You Believe In Psychics?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Do you believe in Psychics?
Do you believe in Psychics?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13
 Leviathan.Blevien
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Blev
By Leviathan.Blevien 2010-09-22 13:40:21  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Blevien said:
I didn't claim to believe in the paranormal, nor did i claim that it was real. I'm simply supporting the possibility that it could be real. I just feel like people are being ignorant to dismiss something because it goes against what science says should or shouldn't be possible. Without sufficient facts to prove or disprove something in it's entirety, you can't outright say that paranormal occurrences are not real. I'm not trying to convince you that it's a real phenomenon, just saying to think outside the box a little instead of hiding in the corner with your text books.
You just implied that it was real.
I didn't say it was impossible either way, I just think that you should be able to logically determine what you believe by thinking about it rather than "turning off your brain"

That and your whole post I replied to was full of you implying on the reality of the paranormal.
I think people shouldn't turn off their brains, they don't have to necessarily believe everything you believe that "science" tells them.
Did you do well in school?
Are you religious?
I'm just trying to understand the reasoning on why you felt that you should "turn off your brain and just have faith and believe" in Sasquach, Bigfoot...etc(not really saying they are illegitimate in the least, I just think you should make your own opinion on things and take into account both sides of the matter to decide what you believe)

i think you're misinterpreting what i wrote. i was implying that people should stop trying to think so hard and assume that there's a possibility that something could be real, rather than dismissing something because they can't find evidence to support/disprove it. this goes for almost anything, i'm not just referring to paranormal. i was just using it as an example because it's been brought up in this thread.

Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-22 13:41:02  
Flionheart said:
Also stop using spectacles at 85(I went there)

So yeah, you want to pick apart my gear? This is really appropriate.

Why don't you cry about me not having a Bushi... That's related to this debate right? What about a five-hit? Can we argue about that here too?

You are a giant ***-tard.
 Ragnarok.Faiye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-09-22 13:41:57  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Leviathan.Iphigenia said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
I'm not sure what evidence you're referring to. Its long been proven through various studies and experiments that even the average person has precognitive abilities. Its a skill like any other skill, through practice it can be enhanced and some people have an innate talent for it. For every study shown that debunks extrasensory perception there are studies that validate it. Aside from that the US Government has spent countless millions in CIA sponsored projects over the course of several decades on ESP related projects. Do some research on Ingo Swann and you should find various references to those.

Once again, show me the proof. Link it or get off the thread.

Sorry but this isn't a contest to prove who's right or wrong, I pointed you in the right direction where even a cursory use of google will prove my point. Do your own damn research, and I'll gladly stay on this thread as long as I please.

No...every point in the internet that is credible says you are incorrect.

No, people who form absolute opinions basically see what they want to see. When they do "research" they will cherry pick in order to prove their side of the argument when the reality is that there is enough valid research on both sides of the fence to determine something as inconclusive.

No there isnt, the only "research" that is pro psychics are put on by organizations for psychics....

Really? Like MIT, Stanford, the CIA to name a few?

All three abandoned that research when their results came up negative. Do you read the articles you blithely tell us to read?

Yes, and their results did not come up negative. If you take the time to actually look at the research instead of reading wikipedia you'll find that the results were inconclusive. Many test subjects showed no results however a wide cross section of test subjects showed slight precognitive ability that warranted further studies.

Do you understand what inconclusive means to a research project?

You said results came up "negative" which is a distortion of the facts at hand. If even a few out of a thousand people show evidence of precognitive abilities then that is enough to say "there is something to this, lets do another study." There are several other credible studies (not put on by organizations for psychics as you put it) that show that a very small percentage of the population exhibits extrasensory abilities on a regular basis. To say otherwise is simply untrue and shows a lack knowledge of large bodies of scientific research.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-22 13:42:57  
Siren.Catabolic said:
Obama's pick
This is a recent touch on this topic.

Cold War
A commonly accepted account from the Cold War.

Jeane Dixon

A famous recognized psychic employed by multiple presidents.

Recent movie made from a book based on true events.

Believe what you like, but there is evidence all around pointing to the fact that a select few are indeed capable to an extent.

I said credible sources. California Psychics website isnt *** credible. LOL starpod...did you really just reference starpod....

I dont dispute there was research, they research everything. But they stopped, along time ago, because nothing came of it.
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 13:42:59  
Flionheart said:

Why don't you cry about me not having a Bushi... That's related to this debate right? What about a five-hit? Can we argue about that here too?

I clearly need to make my trolling more obvious.
[+]
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-22 13:43:25  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Oh noooo I lost.

So yeah, I didn't call you a loser, but... It turns out you're a poor one anyhow. At least I can admit defeat. Try it some time. It's liberating.

Yeah, that's really related. Try again.

It's completely related. You admit that you were wrong then carry on being an arrogant ***.

I was wrong. And I admitted it.
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-22 13:44:09  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

It's obvious.
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 13:44:18  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Oh noooo I lost.

So yeah, I didn't call you a loser, but... It turns out you're a poor one anyhow. At least I can admit defeat. Try it some time. It's liberating.

It's completely related. You admit that you were wrong then carry on being an arrogant ***.

And carried on being an arrogant ***. Show some humility.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 13:44:50  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

It's obvious.

So you fell for an obvious troll, nice.
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-22 13:45:44  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Oh noooo I lost.

I did.

/ignore
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-22 13:46:25  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

It's obvious.

Could you be more idiotic?
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 13:46:34  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Oh noooo I lost.

I did.

/ignore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humility
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 13:47:00  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

It's obvious.

Could you have worse gear?
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 13:47:20  
This thread isn't fun any more. T_T
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-22 13:47:44  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Oh noooo I lost.

I did.

/ignore

You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE right? I'm blocking you.
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 13:48:17  
Caitsith.Zefiris said:

Notice how it was until Iphigenia started posting?
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-22 13:48:18  
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

Do you understand what inconclusive means to a research project?

You said results came up "negative" which is a distortion of the facts at hand. If even a few out of a thousand people show evidence of precognitive abilities then that is enough to say "there is something to this, lets do another study." There are several other credible studies (not put on by organizations for psychics as you put it) that show that a very small percentage of the population exhibits extrasensory abilities on a regular basis. To say otherwise is simply untrue and shows a lack knowledge of large bodies of scientific research.

My fault. What I meant was, they found no evidence that would further the research project.

And no, to date, no credible organization will openly state that extrasensory abilities exist.

The only research method used to date that can remotely call itself scientific is the ganzfield experiment, and the community at large disputes it at every turn.
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-22 13:48:30  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Obama's pick

Cold War

Jeane Dixon

Believe what you like, but there is evidence all around pointing to the fact that a select few are indeed capable to an extent.

I said credible sources. California Psychics website isnt *** credible. LOL starpod...did you really just reference starpod....

I dont dispute there was research, they research everything. But they stopped, along time ago, because nothing came of it.

All these topics I posted when they initially came out were all carried by credible sources. I just plucked what I could find fast. It wouldn't take much effort to back these sources with other more viable ones. Hell within the first link there is a youtube video of an ABC Nightline that details this very topic and backs all these sources.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 13:49:00  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Oh noooo I lost.

I did.

/ignore

You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE right? I'm blocking you.

At least I understand the definition of humility. But block me, it proves only that you've lost.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 13:49:55  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:

o.o
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-22 13:50:37  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

It's obvious.

Since blocking is disabled for some reason I can still see this inane douche... She here goes:

Since when is a SAM 5-hit with 19% haste bad gear? Oh, what's that? You can't see my Keito+1 and Unkai+1? That's alright, I'm out-parsing you right now.
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-22 13:51:35  
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:

o.o

Sad that I came along and ruined the psychic circle-jerk.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-22 13:51:42  
Leviathan.Blevien said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Blevien said:
I didn't claim to believe in the paranormal, nor did i claim that it was real. I'm simply supporting the possibility that it could be real. I just feel like people are being ignorant to dismiss something because it goes against what science says should or shouldn't be possible. Without sufficient facts to prove or disprove something in it's entirety, you can't outright say that paranormal occurrences are not real. I'm not trying to convince you that it's a real phenomenon, just saying to think outside the box a little instead of hiding in the corner with your text books.
You just implied that it was real.
I didn't say it was impossible either way, I just think that you should be able to logically determine what you believe by thinking about it rather than "turning off your brain"

That and your whole post I replied to was full of you implying on the reality of the paranormal.
I think people shouldn't turn off their brains, they don't have to necessarily believe everything you believe that "science" tells them.
Did you do well in school?
Are you religious?
I'm just trying to understand the reasoning on why you felt that you should "turn off your brain and just have faith and believe" in Sasquach, Bigfoot...etc(not really saying they are illegitimate in the least, I just think you should make your own opinion on things and take into account both sides of the matter to decide what you believe)

i think you're misinterpreting what i wrote. i was implying that people should stop trying to think so hard and assume that there's a possibility that something could be real, rather than dismissing something because they can't find evidence to support/disprove it. this goes for almost anything, i'm not just referring to paranormal. i was just using it as an example because it's been brought up in this thread.

Well lets see. I'll quote you on this here.

Leviathan.Blevien said:
you are only taking into account the people who fake being psychic and all the people who make fake ghost pictures/videos having been proven to be untrue. what about all the things that science can NOT prove to be false? there are psychics that have done things that science could not explain, just as there have been ghost photographs, videos, and EVP sound clips from hundreds of controlled experiments that can NOT be explained.

everything can't be explained through science, sometimes you just need to shut off your brain and have a little faith that something is real.

This part.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-22 13:52:14  
because MY psychic already knows who is outparsing who :D

re-rail plz :X
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 13:52:32  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

It's obvious.

Since blocking is disabled for some reason I can still see this inane douche... She here goes:

Since when is a SAM 5-hit with 19% haste bad gear? Oh, what's that? You can't see my Keito+1 and Unkai+1? That's alright, I'm out-parsing you right now.

Lol, you got trolled a second time.

But keep saying "Hurr blocking is disabled" instead of simply admitting you can't block me because you feel the need to reply to my every post ;)
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-22 13:52:48  
Siren.Catabolic said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Obama's pick

Cold War

Jeane Dixon

All these topics I posted when they initially came out were all carried by credible sources. I just plucked what I could find fast. It wouldn't take much effort to back these sources with other more viable ones.

Local News sources don't count either, as they are only concerned with ratings. I know of several news places that have had to retract their previous statements due to false reporting.

Im just saying, at large, the community rejects claims of any form of ESP at the present moment. We will always reopen the doors to testing if anything new arises. Thousands of organizations would love to have ESP be a real thing.

Its not like its a bunch of stuffy coats going "You're dumb, you're dumb you're dumb"

We want truth, no matter its answer. If ESP is real, i'll jump on the bandwagon of being psychic. But currently, no reliable evidence supports it.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-22 13:52:58  

Did Flion activate his FFXI account?
never knew that happened lol.
you can't outparse him when he's not parsing yo.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 13:53:04  
Lol, pissing people off gets old quick. ;)

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13