フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Quadratic Continuum dmg and gear sets
Quadratic Continuum dmg and gear sets
First Page 2 3
 Gilgamesh.Langy
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: langy
By Gilgamesh.Langy 2010-09-17 12:20:33  
just wondering about peoples gear sets and the dmg people are doing with this spell? most ive done atm is just over 6k on a qutrub and also almost 5k on a hippogryph in grauberg but ive not really used it that much been kinda busy
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-17 12:47:28  
Qutrub's take increased dmg, so testing out your numbers on them won't be the most reliable. Most I've done is about 4800 in limbus (Think it was NE), but I had a few Fantods on.

I've pretty much been casting in my Fren/Diss gear, but I haven't been online for like 5 days.. Maybe I've missed anyones info on the possible spell mods.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-17 12:49:27  
I heard it was just str modded but I haven't really looked it up so much. I'm sure the usual people have done the testing
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-17 12:57:29  
I haven't made any changes to any gear sets at all, just been casting all the new spells in big 3 gear *shrug*
 Gilgamesh.Langy
By Gilgamesh.Langy 2010-09-17 13:13:26  
Shiva.Superdan said:
Qutrub's take increased dmg, so testing out your numbers on them won't be the most reliable. Most I've done is about 4800 in limbus (Think it was NE), but I had a few Fantods on.

I've pretty much been casting in my Fren/Diss gear, but I haven't been online for like 5 days.. Maybe I've missed anyones info on the possible spell mods.

yeah thats why i put what i did on a hippo too, and i just went off what wiki said which is str 30% have been using my cannonball set for it atm, was wondering what other people where using for it
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-17 13:17:42  
Just been sticking with the Str gear set as well, not unless any of the spells said other wise, then just stick with what you got on.
By sefalon 2010-09-17 13:52:23  
What are we talking about here? Just castin the spell alone? Or we talking sa ca efflux?
 Gilgamesh.Langy
By Gilgamesh.Langy 2010-09-17 13:55:47  
mine were just CA and efflux but w/e
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-17 14:00:18  
sefalon said:
What are we talking about here? Just castin the spell alone? Or we talking sa ca efflux?
Why does it matter? You don't use different gear sets if you are or are not using CA or Efflux.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-09-17 14:04:44  
well casting alone i can get a good 1.8k with ca 2k+ ca+effulx 4-5k+

the only changes i made to my gear was i nerfed my ruby ring for spiral ring, i macro blu relic legs, aurore head and Minuet Earring brings me up to +49 str

EDIT: forgot to add i changed out Demon Slayer for Firmament
By sefalon 2010-09-17 15:00:39  
Odin.Blazza said:
sefalon said:
Why does it matter? You don't use different gear sets if you are or are not using CA or Efflux.

That is not even the point of what I was trying to say but ty for that.

The post made it seem that it was casting the spell alone and I was just trying to clarify how his damage was obtained.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-17 15:03:47  
Odin.Blazza said:
sefalon said:

Actually I do.
 Leviathan.Anbu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-17 22:45:30  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Odin.Blazza said:
sefalon said:

Actually I do.

Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:

the only changes i made to my gear was i nerfed my ruby ring for spiral ring, i macro blu relic legs, aurore head and Minuet Earring brings me up to +49 str

Main hand Firmament off hand beast S the higher damage sword should be in your main hand.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-17 22:52:12  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Odin.Blazza said:
sefalon said:
Actually I do.
Same I make slight gear changes based on CA... efflux is just tp bonus so don't really see a need. Well on some spells I used too. Need to figure out how to make spellcast do it. Also do it based on mp too

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-09-18 00:50:41  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Odin.Blazza said:
sefalon said:

Actually I do.

Main hand Firmament off hand beast S the higher damage sword should be in your main hand.

thx for the tip

Gilgamesh.Dischord said:
well casting alone i can get a good 1.8k with ca 2k+ ca+effulx 4-5k+ the only changes i made to my gear was i nerfed my ruby ring for spiral ring, i macro blu relic legs, aurore head and Minuet Earring brings me up to +49 str EDIT: forgot to add i changed out Demon Slayer for Firmament

Look another BLU thread involving Cardinalgate and how he should gear. How many is this now? At least you guys don't have the pleasure of being on the same server as him.
Keep spamming that Actinic Burst Card and I hope that BLU/SAM works out for you while you full time your Nashira Turban. Or is it NQ Mavi now? You are the best.. after all.

this thread is not about me and how i should gear and for your info i never full timed Nashira turban on blu wow your *** dump

as for being being Blu/Sam i was getting Fantod oh yeah you wouldnt know xD

dude im not gonna bother with you anymore lol Actinic Burst is *** great i dont care what you say about it
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-18 02:04:52  
aurore head

what
[+]
 Caitsith.Jar
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-18 02:58:19  
It has an FTPor attack multiplier at 100tp+ from testing that I have found, also has about a 30% STR WSC but could be more.

The crazy damages you see are from the piercing bonus and correct gearsets I can get 2.5~3K+ reliable with CA up on birds in the new Abyssea zones

fantod has a small effect on it and, from this point fantod is almost useless because all single hits we have get an attack bonus and we dont need much more to cap pDIF. The attack bonus is also only worth it after about 6 casts but you could have tossed in a benthic and boosted your damage by alot more that way.

also end this chat on BLU/sam its worthless. talk all you want a blu/nin or blu/dnc can and WILL rip you apart on a parse. /nin for DD when you know your pulling hate and /dnc when you wana push more for spaming boxstep+bethic/Froar and getting epeen killshots and or spaming when not pulling hate.

STR swords

This is what I cast in also forgot to put it in when i posted originally. more or less just cap acc get to the highest reasonable tier of blue magic than go full STR.
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-18 03:00:39  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Odin.Blazza said:
sefalon said:
Actually I do.
Same I make slight gear changes based on CA... efflux is just tp bonus so don't really see a need. Well on some spells I used too. Need to figure out how to make spellcast do it. Also do it based on mp too
I know how to code it into spellcast to do eflux and CA casting sets if you need help with it you can PM me
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-18 03:23:46  
So people do actually use different gear sets for CA? Why? And what changes?
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-18 03:26:36  
Odin.Blazza said:
D value changes meaning its not the best to keep that 5 skill on your hat anymore
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-18 03:36:47  
Odin.Blazza said:
WSC is doubled, so STR/DEX/VIT whatever are more valuable than usual. Impact of skill on D is unchanged.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-18 03:41:37  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Blazza said:
WSC is doubled, so STR/DEX/VIT whatever are more valuable than usual. Impact of skill on D is unchanged.
This. Granted it often doesn't change much on gear choices but still
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-18 03:46:48  
So the only real difference is hat? There's *** all viably available for blu in head pieces anyway, hence why I just use relic. I guess I should get a voyager sallet, but I've gone this long using relic head I may as well stick it out until AF+1.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-18 04:08:58  
There are other, small differences - a DEX ring for Hysteric Barrage (though that's basically irrelevant now), maybe Bibiki Seashell for Quadratic Contiinuum, etc; the head slot is the most significant change if any though.
 Ragnarok.Puchu
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Puchu
By Ragnarok.Puchu 2010-09-18 07:48:36  
off topic but...the manutention fix benthic typhoon? The Aoe darkness not show anymore ;_;
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-09-18 09:59:23  
Odin.Blazza said:
So the only real difference is hat? There's *** all viably available for blu in head pieces anyway, hence why I just use relic. I guess I should get a voyager sallet, but I've gone this long using relic head I may as well stick it out until AF+1.

On this note, I've got AF2 hat, but I've never been quite sure when to use it, I have almost nothing in the head area, resorting to use homam head just so I'm not casting in walahra :/ I recall before someone said you're onto suppose to use it when you have merits in blue magic at 75, which i don't hve.. but now with higher skill...?
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-18 10:01:33  
Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Odin.Blazza said:

On this note, I've got AF2 hat, but I've never been quite sure when to use it, I have almost nothing in the head area, resorting to use homam head just so I'm not casting in walahra :/ I recall before someone said you're onto suppose to use it when you have merits in blue magic at 75, which i don't hve.. but now with higher skill...?

relic hat.................................................................................................................................................................... please use it
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-09-18 10:10:12  
Caitsith.Jar said:
Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Odin.Blazza said:

relic hat.................................................................................................................................................................... please use it

Not really what I asked lol.. I know I'm suppose to use it sometime, but didn't know when. I don't know where, I think here by someone, (nightfyre?) said that if you didn't break some kind of tier it doesn't really do anything or some ***like that, so I just left it off. If I should be using it now, by all means I'll dig that ***out of storage and get it on.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-18 10:26:25  
It'll still add 5 attack even if it doesn't break a skill tier, so it still does something... just not as much as say, Voyager Sallet likely would do, much less items that are generally considered competitive regardless. You can easily figure out which is the case with the formula skill*0.11. Every time af2 hat pushes that value to a new integer, it's breaking into a new tier.
First Page 2 3