Quadratic Continuum Dmg And Gear Sets

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Quadratic Continuum dmg and gear sets
Quadratic Continuum dmg and gear sets
By juliao 2010-09-18 10:55:51  
With the skill and lvl cap increase, most of this advice no longer applies. . .
Some Good hats:
MAvi KAvuk
Aias Bonnet
Fugacity Beret
Kensho Hachimaki
Teal Chapeau
Aurore Beret
Blu AF 1 & 2
NAshira or Homam Head
Enkidu
morrigan's coronal
etc,etc.. stack those stats
Depending on what you have and when, some are expendable and replaceable, however, most are macroed for specific situations.

A decent blu should prolly be macroing 6+ hats
It is handy to have a hat for each stat, haste, and each vital skill.
Magic Accuracy is perhaps the ultimate goal for gods..
Though don't fret if you're reliant on walhra, AF, etc.
The difference is minimal compared to timing and play style.

I'll take a smart naked blu anyday over an egomaniacal gearwhore.

PS- to the pseudo-antiTrolls... if someone ASKS FOR ADVICE ON GEAR... let people tell them what they like to use, FFs, without chastising them. Just compare notes and stop being catty little imps. :3
By juliao 2010-09-18 10:57:26  
sorry to get off topic, just wanted to respond to the off-topic madness..
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-18 11:53:25  
juliao said:
Fugacity Beret
wut

There's actually quite a bit of that I don't and wouldn't carry around, but that one stood out.
Quote:
Magic Accuracy is perhaps the ultimate goal for gods..
Like, sky gods? Those would check VT these days as normal mobs. MACC is great for debuffs though, no doubt.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-18 12:03:16  
Yeah I wouldn't use that many hats. If I'm coming on blu it's as a DD or maybe headbutt lock. If they want a debuffer or nuker I'm coming blm or rdm
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-18 12:07:50  
juliao said:
A decent blu should prolly be macroing 6+ hats
6 hats is probably excessive, and I'm the guy with 12 earrings, 7 necklaces, 7 rings and 6 pairs of pants...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-18 12:53:20  
I use... 8? I think 9, actually. Turban, AF2, Voyager, Teal, Darksteel +1, Coral +1, Cache-nez, Nashira Turban, Errant Hat. Granted I haven't used Errant in forever, never use Eyes on Me anymore. I could consolidate some of that with better gear, but still. If I had an augmented Wivre Hairpin would be 10...
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-09-18 15:13:06  
O.o

I use 15 hats 10 hands and 8 legs now what ...8)
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-18 15:28:03  
Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
well casting alone i can get a good 1.8k with ca 2k+ ca+effulx 4-5k+

the only changes i made to my gear was i nerfed my ruby ring for spiral ring, i macro blu relic legs, aurore head and Minuet Earring brings me up to +49 str

What mobs are these numbers based off? EP mobs? Weak to piercing mobs? I don't get 4-5k on anything not weak to piercing/damage in general, so that sounds odd.

Taru 85 BLU/NIN with 0 Blue Magic Merits, my skill isn't capped just yet, base STR is 65. Here's my gear set:

Shamshir +1 has STR+8 Attack+18 on it.

With Sole Sushi, I have STR65 +58 BEFORE setting any spells whatsoever. I'd probably swap in Alkys during CA, which would bring my STR up to +65. Add spells and cruor enhancements to that and I'm near +99 if I remember correctly. I have no STR+ Atma, but I have two lunar abyssites. Quite a shame, all my good Atma are stuff that my nuking jobs use.

Yet, I still fail to hit some high numbers. Not that I've tried very hard, but I think with 0 TP and CA+Efflux QC I did like 2600 to a Shadow Lizard in Abyssea-Konschtat. Is that normal? I've yet to try Colibri or Bats yet on BLU so I can't tell if I'm doing good or not.

I mean, my blue magic skill is still uncapped and I have 0 merits (merited 8/8 Elemental/Enfeebling) so I should probably cap it as I'm sure I'm missing a tier.
 Caitsith.Jar
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-18 15:35:02  
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
well casting alone i can get a good 1.8k with ca 2k+ ca+effulx 4-5k+

the only changes i made to my gear was i nerfed my ruby ring for spiral ring, i macro blu relic legs, aurore head and Minuet Earring brings me up to +49 str

What mobs are these numbers based off? EP mobs? Weak to piercing mobs? I don't get 4-5k on anything not weak to piercing/damage in general, so that sounds odd.

Taru 85 BLU/NIN with 0 Blue Magic Merits, my skill isn't capped just yet, base STR is 65. Here's my gear set:

Shamshir +1 has STR+8 Attack+18 on it.

With Sole Sushi, I have STR65 +58 BEFORE setting any spells whatsoever. I'd probably swap in Alkys during CA, which would bring my STR up to +65. Add spells and cruor enhancements to that and I'm near +99 if I remember correctly. I have no STR+ Atma, but I have two lunar abyssites. Quite a shame, all my good Atma are stuff that my nuking jobs use.

Yet, I still fail to hit some high numbers. Not that I've tried very hard, but I think with 0 TP and CA+Efflux QC I did like 2600 to a Shadow Lizard in Abyssea-Konschtat. Is that normal? I've yet to try Colibri or Bats yet on BLU so I can't tell if I'm doing good or not.

I mean, my blue magic skill is still uncapped and I have 0 merits (merited 8/8 Elemental/Enfeebling) so I should probably cap it as I'm sure I'm missing a tier.
yerdoinitwrong
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-18 15:49:53  
Caitsith.Jar said:

yerdoinitwrong

; ;
By xenomasterkenshin 2010-09-19 01:03:33  
mind posting a better set jar? u know, be useful.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-19 01:11:07  
Let it be know, I haven't been checking BG for updates on the mods just yet. Lazyness, so I'm just still using my big 3 set.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-19 01:18:29  
Pretty sure its STR and VIT, he might be referring to where there are pieces with small amounts of STR where you can house more VIT that the VIT pieces would be better. But I don't know, it would've been loads better if he didn't just post some vague comment and then walk away >_>
By all means good sir, edjumacate us on them bluh magickz
[+]
By Longarm 2010-09-19 17:32:25  
Your text to link here...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-09-19 18:32:35  
Ragnarok.Puchu said:
off topic but...the manutention fix benthic typhoon? The Aoe darkness not show anymore ;_;
It wasn't AoE Darkness before, from my understanding. It was just showing the Darkness on the targetted mob twice. It was only doing the damage once, and only to the targetted mob; the glitch was purely in the chatlog. And yes, it was fixed.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-09-19 18:38:13  

This is what I use for multihit spells; sub in Mirage Mantle and Mirage Shalwar if ACC is lacking. Works just fine, although I admit I cannot reach these high *** numbers that I see being posted. What gives?
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 02:41:21  
xenomasterkenshin said:
done

posted a set on page 1 too.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-20 14:28:03  
Caitsith.Jar said:
xenomasterkenshin said:
done

Really? Nobody had any of that gear when QC came out, everybody just used full STR or big 3 because mods were not known yet, and I recall everybody talking about hitting ridiculous numbers even without specific gearing. So I listed my gear set up asking why I am unable to hit said ridiculous numbers with my big 3 set as they were able to. Thanks for the useless comment earlier anyway, what would I do without ya.
[+]
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-09-20 15:48:59  
Everyone on about the Relic Hat, but wouldn't Voyager be to just about the best option when boosting fSTR by 1? Relic hat is +0-2 base damage, +5bATK, and Voyager's is +1-3 base damage, +1.5bATK, +2ACC.

Also, a moot point since Gnadbhod's helm was easy to get and superior to both.
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 21:07:25  
Caitsith.Jar said:
xenomasterkenshin said:
done

Really? Nobody had any of that gear when QC came out, everybody just used full STR or big 3 because mods were not known yet, and I recall everybody talking about hitting ridiculous numbers even without specific gearing. So I listed my gear set up asking why I am unable to hit said ridiculous numbers with my big 3 set as they were able to. Thanks for the useless comment earlier anyway, what would I do without ya.
that is a big3 set..
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 21:11:34  
Remora.Brain said:
Everyone on about the Relic Hat, but wouldn't Voyager be to just about the best option when boosting fSTR by 1? Relic hat is +0-2 base damage, +5bATK, and Voyager's is +1-3 base damage, +1.5bATK, +2ACC.

a skill Tier is about equal to 2 Fstr tiers meaning if relic hat is breaking a tier it would need to be about 8 STR on the head to = it not counting STR/dex mods but relic head is not needed for a skill tier if you get the new mavi tath
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 22:04:22  
Caitsith.Jar said:
Odin.Blazza said:
So people do actually use different gear sets for CA? Why? And what changes?
D value changes meaning its not the best to keep that 5 skill on your hat anymore
i finaly remembered why i *** that up its not CA that changes the D value its efflux that changes the D value lol..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 07:07:59  
Is there anything found how to make final sting decent?
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-21 07:20:50  
Caitsith.Jar said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
xenomasterkenshin said:
done

that is a big3 set..
A big three set including two swords, a ring, pants and a tathlum that were only released with the last update. Uber.

Edit: Also, I'm assuming you just updated that set? 'Cause relic head just changed to Anwig Salade when I quoted it lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-21 08:40:03  
Remora.Brain said:

Just had to lol @ saying Gnad's is easy to get 0.0 you can say Voyagers is easy maybe even relic but come on if it takes more than a 3 man effort then you really can't say its easy.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 09:01:24  
Voyagers is easy. I solod it the other day on my way to another nm.

Hell I solod it years ago for my main on blm.
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-21 10:12:03  
Odin.Blazza said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
xenomasterkenshin said:
done

that is a big3 set..
A big three set including two swords, a ring, pants and a tathlum that were only released with the last update. Uber.

Edit: Also, I'm assuming you just updated that set? 'Cause relic head just changed to Anwig Salade when I quoted it lol.
he asked for a better set the real one i use i posted on page 1 <_< and that set is a great big3 set.

and yeah i update that set so i have links to gear i want lol
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-21 15:17:49  
Caitsith.Jar said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
xenomasterkenshin said:
done

that is a big3 set..

he asked for a better set the real one i use i posted on page 1 <_< and that set is a great big3 set.

and yeah i update that set so i have links to gear i want lol

If that's gear you didn't have, but you were listing a better set, why did you choose lackluster stuff?

Bibiki Seashell since the damage of QC in question is CA+Efflux. Of course you can post new gear released with this update, but how does that pertain to my original question? I didn't ask for a gear set to trump the one I have. I just asked why my QCs were being lack luster when my gear is not that bad. (I only used Enkidu's over Alky's before I knew the mods)
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-25 12:27:54  

Heres build I planned to use for Quad, I sold marine M boots 4+ ish months ago for a few hundred k now theyre 40k, theyre still good yea?
I know there is 4str 4dex feet I believe but these still 2nd best?

I got enkidu mitts I use for HB but everything else remains the same for all physical blu spells I do im not too big of a cannonball user. I assume I need 2x str magian swords, mavi tathlum, K bead necklace and a 6str ring/vulcan earrings. Anything else im missing? I own spike necklace too, just never rly have room to carry it, but ill still consider anything decent im missing.

I dont and will never own any af2 btw, may own af3 idk yet.
 Fenrir.Vazerus
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-09-25 12:39:54  

Here's what I use, and yeah, I know it's rather gimpy xD. I just don't have the time to play much anymore, so I don't really get to accomplish much aside from helping my friends out with stuff. I've hit 4.5k on EP iirc, and I hit one of the floor 80 nyzul bosses for ~3k with just Chain Affinity + Efflux. Not the best, but I don't think that's too terrible, either.

I also have to play on the xbox now, and I don't feel like making different gear sets for each individual spell, so I stick with this for when I'm casting. There are enough cascading macros as it is xD. I do use pallas's for Savage Blade, but I'm not sure if I want the -dex for some of our dd spells.

I wonder how many people are hitting 5k+ from having Dia II/III on the mob and using Benthic Typhoon first.