Guide For Upgrading AF (NIN)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Guide for upgrading AF (NIN)
Guide for upgrading AF (NIN)
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-09-20 18:13:34  
Just wondering has anyone found an effective way to do the quest for leg seal solo or are we stuck having to group up for that to get the chests poping?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-20 23:16:02  
Asura.Ina said:
Just wondering has anyone found an effective way to do the quest for leg seal solo or are we stuck having to group up for that to get the chests poping?

I've solo'd the bats to get a few key itesm from chests, but its far from effective. It takes too long really. I would think killing in a small group that knows ahead that you need to open the chests for your key item is your best bet unless you can kill the NM.
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-22 18:44:16  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Asura.Ina said:

I've solo'd the bats to get a few key itesm from chests, but its far from effective. It takes too long really. I would think killing in a small group that knows ahead that you need to open the chests for your key item is your best bet unless you can kill the NM.

My friend solo'd frogs, they die kinda fast too. He gave up though cause he spent 50 stones on trying to do the quest and only getting 2 NIN seals; the rest crap he couldn't use, It's easier to just do the NMs spider can be done NIN WHM BRD easy if the NIN has a good eva set.
 Asura.Fetus
By Asura.Fetus 2010-09-24 17:43:24  
Anybody know how AF3+1 augments Innin and Yonin yet?
 Ifrit.Nargothrond
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Nargothrond 2010-09-29 09:51:23  
First of all : CONGRATULATIONS Zanno for you Iga Boots+1 !

If other stats are obvious, did you notice yet how "Tactical parry" effect is actually enhanced ?
Or anyone with Iga boots +1 already in Gobbiebag.

Does 2% become 3% or somat like that ? ^^
 Ragnarok.Zanno
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-09-29 14:37:35  
I havent really had the chance to test tactical parry enhancement on the boots. Mostly because its kind of unpredictable when you're gonna parry or not.

I guess the best way to test it would be the same way ppl are skilling up parrying/guarding. Targeting a mob for away with weapons drawn while having a second mob beating on you. That way you wont get TP from hitting on anything. I should try and do some research on it tomorrow.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-09-29 15:11:27  
Ifrit.Nargothrond said:
First of all : CONGRATULATIONS Zanno for you Iga Boots+1 !

If other stats are obvious, did you notice yet how "Tactical parry" effect is actually enhanced ?
Or anyone with Iga boots +1 already in Gobbiebag.

Does 2% become 3% or somat like that ? ^^

Ok, this seems like something that will be a pain to test.

I played around a little in castle zvahl while doing ToM. It seems very hard to parry 10 times without getting tp from anything else, atleast on these mobs and without having haste to easier keep shadows up. (All the mobs where I'm at atm either double attack or cast magic). If anyone have a good suggestion on what mob this would be easier to try on feel free to let me know. (Parrying 254 atm)

I'd assume I need a mob with enough acc so that parrying has a chance of procing, which means they will have enough acc to actually be able to hit me if I'm caught at some point with shadows down.

So far from testing (only parrying 2 times) TP gained from tactical parry with boots +1 equipped and no STP gear is 3% (6% from both the parries). But more testing is def needed.

Just really suck to parry maybe once every 5 minute, just to get caught with shadows down after 30 min and have to start all over again :(
 Cerberus.Oulanbator
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oulanbator 2010-09-29 16:59:41  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
I havent really had the chance to test tactical parry enhancement on the boots. Mostly because its kind of unpredictable when you're gonna parry or not.

I guess the best way to test it would be the same way ppl are skilling up parrying/guarding. Targeting a mob for away with weapons drawn while having a second mob beating on you. That way you wont get TP from hitting on anything. I should try and do some research on it tomorrow.
Maybe you could try lv1 katanas, and find mobs on which you'll do 0 Dmg. This way, you can be sure you won't get Tp from meleing, which will leave you more room to make the difference between tp gained from parry and tp gained from being hit.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-09-30 21:21:26  
The enhancment on the dnc peice supposedly doubles it to 4tp... trying to watch for it now but bit of a pain to spot XD
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-10-01 06:23:22  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Tips when doing the quest Aqua Puraga:

Quote:
#

* Note: You only need to visit at most 2 sites. Visit one and return to High Bear, all 3 options will be from one site. Check that site if you hadn't already and return.

# Return to High Bear (A) and report on your findings. He will ask what you observed, and give several options. Choose the option that matches an observation at one of the sites.

* North Watergrass (E-5)
o "A curious yellowish powder clings to the leaves..." Yellow powder
o "The massive footprints of an unidentified beast adorn the soil..." Footprints
o "The leaves are slimy to the touch..." Slimy
* Middle Watergrass (G-10)
o "The leaves are covered with beads of rainwater..." Rainwater
o "The leaves are coated with a thin layer of what appears to be gunpowder..." Gunpowder
o "A curious liquid oozes from the plant's stalk..." A curious ooze
* South Watergrass (F-13)
o "A thin layer of ash coats the leaves..." Ashen-coat
o "Foul, decaying fruit hangs from a withered branch..." Rotten fruit
o "The soil exudes a malodorous stench..." Malodorous

note on this quest
you only have to goto one site to complete the quest
it doesnt matter what choice u pick, if the one from the one site u visited is in the list pick it tho
if u get it wrong u wont get the 200 crour and if u get a seal he will ninja trade it to you (ie u wont see it in your log)
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-02 03:37:08  
Asura.Ina said:
The enhancment on the dnc peice supposedly doubles it to 4tp... trying to watch for it now but bit of a pain to spot XD

when you are testing this, are you completely without any STP gear or trait?

Edit: When I was testing (or trying to test) the nin piece I unequipped all STP gear and had /DNC to make sure I would get an accurate result. Just think it would be odd if enhances tactical parry would be different on dnc and nin.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-02 08:36:15  
I wasnt doing any real test, was mostly just trying to look between chat log and my tp duing a 600ish vermin killing spree XD. I never actually managed to see a number, every time it went of I had glanced away.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-10-02 08:59:29  
Does sTP even do anything for Tactical Parry? I have +20 sTP and still only get two percent. Lesser Colibri outside of WG seems to let me parry about twice per mob while sitting at 274 skill.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-02 09:24:40  
Ifrit.Rikiyame said:
Does sTP even do anything for Tactical Parry? I have +20 sTP and still only get two percent. Lesser Colibri outside of WG seems to let me parry about twice per mob while sitting at 274 skill.

I was pretty sure that any STP gear or trait effects every way you can gain tp? I might be wrong though, I know it effects stuff as meditate.

Side note for ppl on Ragnarok:

I've started an abyssea ls with the main purpose of getting AF3 +1(+2) seals. So far we're around 8~10 ppl. Preliminary runs are, Saturday, Monday & Wednesday at noon EST (4PM GMT), and we're planning on making the runs 2 hr long (4 stones). Hit me up in game if intrested.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-10-02 10:26:01  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ifrit.Rikiyame said:
I was pretty sure that any STP gear or trait effects every way you can gain tp? I might be wrong though, I know it effects stuff as meditate.

I'm sure it does. I should have said, "With +19 sTP, I still only get 2%."
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-02 10:33:07  
Maybe STP dont really effect tactical parry then.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-10-02 10:52:41  
The only reason I'd be remotely inclined to think it doesn't is the fact we have an item that specifically says, "Tactical Parry" now.

And, with all sTP gear I have (+23), it doesn't increase how much TP I get for being hit, which, it should, no? I get 2% either way.

sTP 0 = 2% for parry or getting hit.
sTP 23 = 2% for parry or getting hit.

Now, I'll concede that maybe +23 isn't enough (Most ninjas are sitting on 45%-50% DW, with 85 giving us DW V of 35%), but it's looking like a straight 2%, with no fluctuation. I took 100% TP's worth of solid hits, and at no point did I get 1% nor 3%.

I see that someone else is able to get 4% on DNC.
Edit: They get 4% with Charis Tights +1 and 5% with /SAM and sTP+15 from gear for 30 total...? Their note is in "Tactical Parry" Discussion Tab on wiki.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-02 11:10:51  
How the hell do people get so many stones, you used 40~50 on this??
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-02 11:22:34  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
How the hell do people get so many stones, you used 40~50 on this??

I had not done abyssea very much after capping the jobs i had. And when I did i usually exit with 120+ minutes to cover next exp run ^^
 Cerberus.Kikouhou
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kikouhou
By Cerberus.Kikouhou 2010-10-03 09:02:00  
Iga Hakama +1(+2) Augments Yonin grants Counter.
Haven't been able to test too much, been doing Magian trials and noticed it several times; small amount of EP hits that actually land have been countered at a pretty low rate-- not exact numbers, but would estimate 1-3%?
Cheers~
 Asura.Ravien
user: Ravien
By Asura.Ravien 2010-10-08 17:51:37  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/An_Offer_You_Can%27t_Refuse

wiki says it drops nin head seals
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-09 08:15:09  
Asura.Ravien said:

Figures. Both legs and head seals are the most annoying seal quests available. Thank you SE for hating NIN so much.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-09 09:49:16  
I guess its time for us ninjas to get out there with our legs out and subligars full of keys for partys...
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-09 10:42:45  
Asura.Ina said:
I guess its time for us ninjas to get out there with our legs out and subligars full of keys for partys...

Yeah and go "hold on guys, gotta go and turn this stuff in and see if i get a seal" every 10 minute hehe
 Asura.Ravien
user: Ravien
By Asura.Ravien 2010-10-09 15:01:16  
lol yeah.. i just put a ls together and did pop NMs for my head piece
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-09 15:03:37  
Asura.Ravien said:
lol yeah.. i just put a ls together and did pop NMs for my head piece

I've done that too. LS is still new so there's still ppl coming and leaving. So far we've had 5-10 ppl for every run though. Funny how the runs we had less ppl on went better lol.

The run we did today we were 4 ppl only, NIN, BLU x2 and WHM. Got a hell of a lot more done than when we were 10.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-09 15:07:15  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

Simple way would be to use a weapon you have no skill with, and lower accuracy anyway possible. Or simply use a high delay weapon with enough STP to give you whole number returns, then you should easily notice parry returns.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-09 15:20:58  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

Simple way would be to use a weapon you have no skill with, and lower accuracy anyway possible. Or simply use a high delay weapon with enough STP to give you whole number returns, then you should easily notice parry returns.

Either I'm missing something or your post makes no sense. How does a weapon i dont have any skill in or a high delay weapon help me parry more often?

Seeing the TP return isn't the problem. The problem is to parry often enough, and without getting tp from getting hit.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-09 15:24:43  
I mean, a weapon you can't hit with so you don't mix the parrying return with regular TP return since lower level mobs would be easier to parry (if you lower evasion too of course).
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-09 15:38:50  
Well. It's easier to target a mob you are not engaged with and have another mob hitting on you, so thats not really an issue either. My eva is 323 and parrying 248. Doing this with a low lv mob would be really hard even if i stack up on all EVA - gear I can find I would evade almost everything.

I would say an even match or maybe tough would be optimal, but I would need to sub whm to haste myself. Not to speak of I have to find the time to do the test.

So for now, I'm just going to say that it gives 3% TP rather than the usual 2% (from the very small sample I have)