Which Bow To Use?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » which bow to use?
which bow to use?
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-15 02:54:51  
ok. i have a lv 81 RNG. it's 1 of my 4 jobs I'm trying to keep at cap, its probably my least used job. its the "fun" job i like playing when i want to see big numbers.
however as of recently. i think my bow is getting outdated. i'm still using Selina's bow. which was alright at 75. but these new bows are just amazing and make Selina's look like some gimp peace of gear. i kinda want a sage bow. but don't want to go through trouble only for it to be outdated quickly. the trial ones are the ones that's catching my eye. the occ. deals double damage and having DMG82 is very attractive. but like the occ. attack X. they require ALOT of killing and RNG isn't soo well with solo. the STR+ range attack+ is the other option i was looking at. anyone have any suggestions? heck would even amazon bow be a better option then Selina's bow?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 03:03:35  
lolbowrng. Seriously though guns are crazy good now.

Anyways seige bow is pretty good. X attack ones rock. Rng isn't that bad at solo. Especially easy prey. I mean check the thread where a rng solod a T3 VNM. It just is a slightly different approach then what most rngs do. Ie sit at the proper range and spam /range and slugshot.

Trial bows are nice because you know that even though it might get outdated you will have follow on trials.

Can't seem to find info on wiki about it but Every weapon has a +10% ws dmg one would be pretty good. They usually have high base dmg. Another nice thing about those ones are they only require using ws alot of certain mob types. So no lol weather requirements no waiting on lame as nms forever and no getting 50 drops from walk of echos or high tier NMs from abyssea
 Sylph.Kaiye
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-09-15 12:33:52  
Guns are crazy good tbh, expensive for me though since I'm WW and can make my arrows and such. I personally like using Siege bow[Note; I haven't looked at the list yet so I'll probably be changing my mind]Moar rapid shot for me is always great. Either way, Chukwa was an easy NM to kill.

Trials can yield good weapons, but are also time consuming :|, my opinion. ;3

Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-15 12:40:34  
The Oa2 Gun looks hot as hell especially if you can some how get a 4 hit build for it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 12:43:30  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
The Oa2 Gun looks hot as hell especially if you can some how get a 4 hit build for it.
I think you can get a 4 hit build for it not /sam. Before the update you could almost get a 3 hit build with culverin /sam lol. OA2-3 used to be pretty hot but with hit builds getting that low and double shot empyrean or OAT would probably win out now
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-15 12:49:44  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I think you can get a 4 hit build for it not /sam. Before the update you could almost get a 3 hit build with culverin /sam lol. OA2-3 used to be pretty hot but with hit builds getting that low and double shot empyrean or OAT would probably win out now

Looks good for Oa2 Spitfire you can probably push it farther but that's some sacrifice there. (4 hit build)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 12:58:03  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Looks good for Oa2 Spitfire you can probably push it farther but that's some sacrifice there. (4 hit build)
If I did my math right that would be a non /sam 4 hit build. There are a few things you can do to keep it and put better stuff in. Obviously upgrading af3 especially legs to +2. The new back for rng is pretty nice too. Or just /sam. So you could ya know wear the snap shot belt and body
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-15 13:02:52  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

If I did my math right that would be a non /sam 4 hit build. There are a few things you can do to keep it and put better stuff in. Obviously upgrading af3 especially legs to +2. The new back for rng is pretty nice too. Or just /sam. So you could ya know wear the snap shot belt and body

Did I push the delay into FFXI calc wrong? How is that factored into it. Weapon Delay+Ammo?

Shows /SAM 25.1 TP per shot.
Unlisted would be 22.5 Per shot.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 13:07:33  
I think ffxi calc doesn't count ammo in the tp calc. And it does count... well up to like 999 or 1k delay. I did it manually
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-15 13:12:40  
I got about 900 delay then it seems correct.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 13:15:14  
Pretty easy to test did it myself with culverin once. Just the gun should've brought me to about 16.2 but I was getting 17.9 ie what I should've gotten for 999 delay lol. Sad it doesn't go farther though. Could make a 3 hit build with culverin then without outside help/food

Oh and if you do abyssea there is 3 atmas that give store tp... one even gives like 20
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-15 14:11:07  
Sylph.Kaiye said:
Guns are crazy good tbh, expensive for me though since I'm WW and can make my arrows and such. I personally like using Siege bow[Note; I haven't looked at the list yet so I'll probably be changing my mind]Moar rapid shot for me is always great. Either way, Chukwa was an easy NM to kill.

Trials can yield good weapons, but are also time consuming :|, my opinion. ;3

that's why i prefer bows myself. i got 95 WW and my arrows come cheap. besides with arrows for things like campaign and the new campaign ish event i can just buy iron arrows for dirt cheap. can TP in iron and weaponskill in kabura. CC when unlimited shot is up
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-10-08 12:51:45  
Siege bow is your best bet on long NM fights because of the enmity -5. If you are looking for strictly DPS, I've seen the Str/rattk+ bateleur+1 put out amazing numbers.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [166 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 02:38:13  
if i remember right that's the fastest ranged weapon a rng can equip

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 02:40:55  
yeah it's faster than a machine crossbow. as for the bow you'd want to use once you get it leveled up, remind me and i'll go kill kur for you, he drops a vision bow.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 02:44:48  
that is it's full name ^^, he's an undead dragon in abyssea ulegerange.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 02:47:44  
yeah he's np for my dnc to kill solo

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 02:57:13  
Asura.Yojimmbo said:
Gonna see about vidrec,OK if I shoot it?Wanna break in my graphics card, finally put it to good use lol
lol np

Post deleted by User.