By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-28 22:48:10  
.{\_/}..\../..{\_/}
..\.../_(.'_'.)_\.../
....'''---(.....)---'''
..........(.....) Mr Lobster thinks you suck Nabis
...........(....)
............/...\
.........../___\

(Stupid FFXIAH won't show the spaces correctly)
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-08-28 22:48:16  
A woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
[+]
 Valefor.Akitoshi
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Akitoshi 2010-08-28 22:49:17  
I don't know if I should take this post seriously, but it made me laugh. Awesome.
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-08-28 22:49:36  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Alexander.Nepharite said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Alexander.Nepharite said:
Nabis said:
but on another note dnc can can deal more dmg per ws than pld @ 80 and can tank for the pt and hate does not need to be bounced around un less a blm magic bursts
and how much dmg can a dnc80 ws for on anything worthwhile enough to actually need a pld?
and how much wood could a woodchuck chuck...
The amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the seasons and with the metabolisms of any individual woodchuck.
Yes but the question was how much could it chuck. So we are looking for a possible maximum

An amount up to 700lbs of wood theoretically.
[+]
 Asura.Riddick
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2010-08-28 22:55:58  
One of the dumbest comments ever wrote. Pld is boss tank. Period. Its like all the whms that claim to out dd sams. Pld was a designed tank. Dancer is a thief on roids. Nothing more nothing less. Stop trying to justify one of the most useless party jobs in the game dude. Your gear may be tight. But read pld threads. If they put = as much time into there job there is no comparison. Grats on being able to tank a 61 bird. Thats some sorry *** dds you had in that party though.
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-08-28 22:56:18  
This is why naturalization is a terrible idea.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-28 22:57:18  
I actually hate pld tanks over... a lot of other jobs. See if that derails this thread more.
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-08-28 22:59:49  
Titan.Lillica said:
This is why naturalization is a terrible idea.

starting to think this is Nabis' real account.

its adding up...

By Nabis 2010-08-28 23:01:18  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Nabis said:
u guys might be right. but that is still not going to stop me when i get my dnc to 80. i will try to do what i said and hopefully post a vid here for u guys of me blood tanking byakko or kirin. fail or win i will post it
It's not a question of if you can blood tank or not, it's a question of why would you want to? There's no benefit to it and you take more damage than a blink tank. Want to go out of your way to make it more difficult on your support, while denying your DDs of haste samba?

no thats not it just want to do it to say i have done it.

then retire the job sell all the gear.

u guys are most likely right im not going to say i have seen it or done it. but if i take everyones word for it im going to still question it and try it. fail or win.

take for example "fell cleave" any war i have ever met says the move sucks. i say it has its uses. i can deal anywhere from 750-1.2k with it. at that dmg alone its useless.
but when i did a cop mission for my friend i asked him to let me solo the 4 mobs, i forgot what fight it was.
so we go in i aggro all the mobs pop "defender"
/sam = 200tp sekk 2hr Fell cleave x2 icurus wing fell cleave meditate fell cleave all 4 nm's dead ofcourse we had 2 mages to spam cure me but the mobs whent down in seconds
did 15k dmg in total

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-08-28 23:04:02  
Nabis said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Nabis said:
u guys might be right. but that is still not going to stop me when i get my dnc to 80. i will try to do what i said and hopefully post a vid here for u guys of me blood tanking byakko or kirin. fail or win i will post it
It's not a question of if you can blood tank or not, it's a question of why would you want to? There's no benefit to it and you take more damage than a blink tank. Want to go out of your way to make it more difficult on your support, while denying your DDs of haste samba?

no thats not it just want to do it to say i have done it.

then retire the job sell all the gear.

u guys are most likely right im not going to say i have seen it or done it. but if i take everyones word for it im going to still question it and try it. fail or win.

take for example "fell cleave" any war i have ever met says the move sucks. i say it has its uses. i can deal anywhere from 750-1.2k with it. at that dmg alone its useless.
but when i did a cop mission for my friend i asked him to let me solo the 4 mobs, i forgot what fight it was.
so we go in i aggro all the mobs pop "defender"
/sam = 200tp sekk 2hr Fell cleave x2 icurus wing fell cleave meditate fell cleave all 4 nm's dead ofcourse we had 2 mages to spam cure me but the mobs whent down in seconds
did 15k dmg in total

you say so much but never show proof...
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-28 23:05:26  
Bahamut.Serj said:
I actually hate pld tanks over... a lot of other jobs. See if that derails this thread more.
nin and blu are better
By Nabis 2010-08-28 23:07:00  
i never said i was nor claim to be
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-28 23:08:11  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
nin and blu are better

I hate nin tanks more than pld tanks ;<

*** love blu tanks though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-28 23:09:35  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
nin and blu are better

Yeah it's just that no one will let me tank on blu... so I basically have to try and get hate DDing and try to tank. So few set points and mp and time... not easy.

I've known a few rediculously good nin tanks though
[+]
By Nabis 2010-08-28 23:10:02  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Nabis said:
I bet you are the best DNC too.

trying to troll?

Post deleted by User.
By Nabis 2010-08-28 23:11:49  
Nabis said:
Nabis said:
trying to troll?
Bet you are the best troll too.

allright sure GG

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-28 23:12:04  
Nabis said:
Nabis said:
trying to troll?
Bet you are the best troll too.
Sorry there is no way he can dethrone Gaea or Korpg.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-28 23:12:38  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
nin and blu are better

Yeah it's just that no one will let me tank on blu... so I basically have to try and get hate DDing and try to tank. So few set points and mp and time... not easy.

I've known a few rediculously good nin tanks though

I only have seen one EG nin tank, and they were nin/drk and only had hate from trick attack ws on them (sky gods) Every low man time I've been with a nin I wind up tanking the entire time, regardless of the mob. Not saying nin sucks, but I haven't seen a good one yet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-28 23:13:42  
Nabis, do you still get those 50-60tp back after ws when warcry is in effect with 5/5 savagry ?
[+]
 Valefor.Akitoshi
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Akitoshi 2010-08-28 23:14:07  
If your DNC is holding hate off a PLD then something isn't right. Not bashing DNC, but I don't think they'd be a better tank. Just because it happened in a bird party doesn't mean it will happen in other experience parties. And I don't really see how could really do effective tanking on birds with Feather Tickle spam.

I could be wrong.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nabis 2010-08-28 23:14:44  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Nabis, do you still get those 50-60tp back after ws when warcry is in effect with 5/5 savagry ?

no u guys where right about that
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-08-28 23:17:04  
lolol you guys are so mean..

but its soooo funny~!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-28 23:17:05  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
nin and blu are better
I hate nin tanks more than pld tanks ;< *** love blu tanks though.
Yeah it's just that no one will let me tank on blu... so I basically have to try and get hate DDing and try to tank. So few set points and mp and time... not easy. I've known a few rediculously good nin tanks though
I only have seen one EG nin tank, and they were nin/drk and only had hate from trick attack ws on them (sky gods) Every low man time I've been with a nin I wind up tanking the entire time, regardless of the mob. Not saying nin sucks, but I haven't seen a good one yet.
It takes good playing. Especially after the gimping. Also you should give them like 1-2 min to get to hate cap first.

But yeah I've also known one that couldn't keep hate off my thf... and I was TAing every ws onto him. Granted the fact he couldn't keep shadows up to save his life and couldn't for the life of him do things like cast stun. Mostly he just spammed poison lol.

While I know one that I don't think I ever took hate from on my blm. Even /sch and spamming. Plus he was rediculously good at keeping shadows up/ switching to dmg mitigation gear too
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-28 23:17:15  
Nabis said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

no u guys where right about that

We where right!
By Nabis 2010-08-28 23:19:03  
Valefor.Akitoshi said:
If your DNC is holding hate off a PLD then something isn't right. Not bashing DNC, but I don't think they'd be a better tank. Just because it happened in a bird party doesn't mean it will happen in other experience parties. And I don't really see how could really do effective tanking on birds with Feather Tickle spam. I could be wrong.

actualy i tanked from 29-65 moslty right outside sandy (s)

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-28 23:19:59  
Nabis said:
Valefor.Akitoshi said:
If your DNC is holding hate off a PLD then something isn't right. Not bashing DNC, but I don't think they'd be a better tank. Just because it happened in a bird party doesn't mean it will happen in other experience parties. And I don't really see how could really do effective tanking on birds with Feather Tickle spam. I could be wrong.
actualy i tanked from 29-65 moslty right outside sandy (s)
***I've tanked there on both sam and rng. I'm certainly not going to reccomend rng tanking except in very specific siutations
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12