users online
First Amendment
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-08-16 15:43:48  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I would say that if the Muslims as a whole allowed their women to be scantily clad without persecution, their entire livelihood would become so much more tolerable.

because thats what we need in this world... more ***!
yeah, more *** = no wars, man will be too busy getting laid to worry about the other limp-dicked assmonkey next to him.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-16 15:43:50  
The first amendment says:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free excercise thereof;"

I don't think prohibiting a mosque from being built at ground zero is prohbiting the free excercise thereof. People aren't saying they cant practice their religion, just that they can't practice it there. People stop prayer sessions on the steps of the supreme court; there are appropiate areas in which you can exercise your first amendment rights. Most people feel that on the grounds of a terrible terror attack is not one. I agree.

Furthermore if you look into the backround of the man who is building this mosque you'll find that he is an immense anti-american and will not even condemn known terrorist groups.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-08-16 15:45:21  
if a mosque is built on Ground Zero, prepare for an uprising, because when it boils down to it, no American of any kind will put up with that ***.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-16 15:49:13  
I live in NYC. I watched the towers fall, I watched all the ***happen.

I still don't see what the big deal is about putting a cultural center there.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-08-16 15:51:38  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:

a few extremists flew into a tower duh that makes them all terrorists

i thought everybody knew this

they plan on building a giant bomb

cultural center = giant bomb in terrorist
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-16 15:52:25  
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Furthermore if you look into the backround of the man who is building this mosque you'll find that he is an immense anti-american and will not even condemn known terrorist groups.
Dude, he was one of the Bush Administration's official envoys to the Muslim world after 9/11.

Republicans said he was the pinnacle of moderate Muslim tolerance and served as an example against extremism.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-16 15:54:45  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:

The point is the same as it was in the 1960's towards minorities just changed to suit something new.

Seriously. What's the big deal with them being different? So? Why do people really give a ***?

Generally speaking, the Muslims that come to America are not the ones that kill their daughters.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-08-16 15:55:17  
Well a few things

First; as I have kept up with this current event, it has been my understanding that the VAST majority of people who are opposed to the building of a "Cultural center/Mosque" near Ground Zero as so opposed because they just think it's entirely inappropriate, not because they want to strip Islamic people of their constitutional rights. Many people often liken it to building a Nazi cultural center across the street from a holocaust museum. While it may serve many purposes, one is to provoke insult to the victims of that tragedy. Personally I have no objection to the rights these people are afforded by our constitution, I just think they should do the right thing and build it somewhere else. I mean one cannot deny that the events on 9/11 were entirely inspired by a warped interpretation of Islam that by itself has a unique and exclusive relationship with terrorism.

Secondly; Jon Stewart is self admittedly a political satirist. He (The daily show), are indeed funny but everyone needs to be aware that they manipulate news media as they see fit to make their jokes. That includes not showing the rest of the clip that puts the funny/satirical part in its proper context.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-16 16:00:38  
Why don't we ask the families of 9/11 victims directly, or hell, even Manhattanites in general, if they're offended and think it's inappropriate?

Whoops. And whoops.

Saying things like "VAST MAJORITY" when polls are very mixed on the subject is fairly disingenuous. They are all hovering right around the 50/50 mark outside of New York, and those most directly effected (Manhattanites) support it. The mayor supports it, as does the legislature and city leaders.

I'm not sure the rest of our opinions should count. That is of course, unless it's an election year, and you desperately need a highly emotionally-charged issue to talk about instead of your complete lack of plan on anything actually seriously wrong with the country.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-16 16:04:42  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Dude, he was one of the Bush Administration's official envoys to the Muslim world after 9/11. Republicans said he was the pinnacle of moderate Muslim tolerance and served as an example against extremism.

Why does he not denounce Hamas as a terrorist group? He doesn't say they arent, but he avoids the question. Any real American would say they are terrorists. He also claims basically that America was partially at fault for the 9/11 attacks. While his words aren't exactly that, he implys it is because we don't conform to the muslim way of life. I don't think that he himself is a bad guy, I just think that he doesnt represent America.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-16 16:08:11  
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Any real American...
...is one of the most politically loaded ways to ever start a sentence.

Not even Americans themselves are in agreement about the history and politics leading up to the 9/11 attacks. Saying that Osama bin Laden was motivated to become a militant because of the US military's occupation of Saudi Arabia is not "un-American," it's the truth. It doesn't mean he supports bin Laden, or that we were wrong to do so. Or in any way minimizes the evilness of the act.

His actual quote on Hamas was simply: "I am a peace builder. I will not allow anybody to put me in a position where I am seen by any party in the world as an adversary or as an enemy." Hardly seems like a bomb-wearing Allahu Ackbar-screaming terrorist supporter to me.

I don't support everything he says. But the neat thing about America is that as an American, (which Feisal Abdul Rauf is, by the way), you get to have different opinions without the government shutting you down for it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-16 16:15:40  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Any real American...
...is one of the most politically loaded ways to ever start a sentence. Not even Americans themselves are in agreement about the history and politics leading up to the 9/11 attacks. Saying that Osama bin Laden was motivated to become a militant because of the US military's occupation of Saudi Arabia is not "un-American," it's the truth. It doesn't mean he supports bin Laden, or that we were wrong to do so. Or in any way minimizes the evilness of the act. His actual quote on Hamas was simply: "I am a peace builder. I will not allow anybody to put me in a position where I am seen by any party in the world as an adversary or as an enemy." Hardly seems like a bomb-wearing Allahu Ackbar-screaming terrorist supporter to me. I don't support everything he says. But the neat thing about America is that as an American, (which Feisal Abdul Rauf is, by the way), you get to have different opinions without the government shutting you down for it.

I suppose he's just the first person I've seen say anything to that effect. In truth I have a rather hard time finding unbiased sources of news to begin with. I generally switch between networks, and depending on the network the analyzation of his words will vary from radical to insightful.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-08-16 16:17:10  
Honestly they are people and as people they should have a right to a place of worship and a cultural center.

the people who have given muslims a bad name arent the ones who will be in the cultural center

and they arent the same people who would fly a plane into a building

think about it, why would a cultural center that has nothing to do with the people who did this be a bad thing

i really don't understand why it is such a big deal
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-16 16:18:29  
Cerberus.Excelior said:
In truth I have a rather hard time finding unbiased sources of news to begin with. I generally switch between networks, and depending on the network the analyzation of his words will vary from radical to insightful.
It's almost impossible to find unbiased news these days. It turns out, echo chambers of radically biased news that tell you what you already believe earn higher ratings than those that don't. It's uncomfortable being told information that challenges your belief system.

It's not a partisan thing. Both parties do it. At this point, we're so divided into two camps that refuse to even listen to someone from the other side (just scream "bias!" and ignore it entirely) that news has basically become the entertainment equivalent of Jerry Springer. People only care about "winning," even if doing so severely hurts the political process and destroys the open dialogue necessary for the running of a democracy.
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-16 16:18:33  
Isn't it true that Fox News cannot be brought to court over misinformation or slander because they clarified their establishment as an entertainment provider instead of a news cast?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-16 16:20:20  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Isn't it true that Fox News cannot be brought to court over misinformation or slander because they clarified their establishment as an entertainment provider instead of a news cast?
They were the first, but are hardly the only ones who have jumped on board since.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-16 16:21:11  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
They were the first, but are hardly the only ones who have jumped on board since.

Curious if their counter-part MSNBC has too.
Luckily there's the BBC~
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-08-16 16:21:42  
Fenrir.Tool said:

idk if that would fly in court

judge might laugh over a case like that
 Lakshmi.Alaric
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2010-08-16 16:24:08  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Well a few things First; as I have kept up with this current event, it has been my understanding that the VAST majority of people who are opposed to the building of a "Cultural center/Mosque" near Ground Zero as so opposed because they just think it's entirely inappropriate, not because they want to strip Islamic people of their constitutional rights. Many people often liken it to building a Nazi cultural center across the street from a holocaust museum. While it may serve many purposes, one is to provoke insult to the victims of that tragedy. Personally I have no objection to the rights these people are afforded by our constitution, I just think they should do the right thing and build it somewhere else. I mean one cannot deny that the events on 9/11 were entirely inspired by a warped interpretation of Islam that by itself has a unique and exclusive relationship with terrorism. Secondly; Jon Stewart is self admittedly a political satirist. He (The daily show), are indeed funny but everyone needs to be aware that they manipulate news media as they see fit to make their jokes. That includes not showing the rest of the clip that puts the funny/satirical part in its proper context. [/quote[quote=Cerberus.Zandra]Well a few things First; as I have kept up with this current event, it has been my understanding that the VAST majority of people who are opposed to the building of a "Cultural center/Mosque" near Ground Zero as so opposed because they just think it's entirely inappropriate, not because they want to strip Islamic people of their constitutional rights. Many people often liken it to building a Nazi cultural center across the street from a holocaust museum. While it may serve many purposes, one is to provoke insult to the victims of that tragedy. Personally I have no objection to the rights these people are afforded by our constitution, I just think they should do the right thing and build it somewhere else. I mean one cannot deny that the events on 9/11 were entirely inspired by a warped interpretation of Islam that by itself has a unique and exclusive relationship with terrorism. Secondly; Jon Stewart is self admittedly a political satirist. He (The daily show), are indeed funny but everyone needs to be aware that they manipulate news media as they see fit to make their jokes. That includes not showing the rest of the clip that puts the funny/satirical part in its proper context.

<<<<<<<-------I agree to this

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-16 16:28:28  
One of the best bass riffs of all time :3
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-08-16 16:29:42  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
In truth I have a rather hard time finding unbiased sources of news to begin with. I generally switch between networks, and depending on the network the analyzation of his words will vary from radical to insightful.
It's almost impossible to find unbiased news these days. It turns out, echo chambers of radically biased news that tell you what you already believe earn higher ratings than those that don't. It's uncomfortable being told information that challenges your belief system.

It's not a partisan thing. Both parties do it. At this point, we're so divided into two camps that refuse to even listen to someone from the other side (just scream "bias!" and ignore it entirely) that news has basically become the entertainment equivalent of Jerry Springer. People only care about "winning," even if doing so severely hurts the political process and destroys the open dialogue necessary for the running of a democracy.

The problem is, sometimes you can't not scream "bias!" - at everyone, at some point or another.

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin 2010-08-16 16:37:01  
i think we're all missing the point guys, people still believe in god when every little thing that couldn't be explained because religion stopped science from explaining it for 400 years has now, basically solved all things god was created for by man, so get your heads out your *** and stop bickering about religion and holy buildings because its all ***

Americans are seen as racists pig headed *** hats because "the majority" are why?, because when a different country goes broadcasting they don't want to see a normal guy they want to find the most inbreed looking gun crazed *** job to make it seem like all Americans are the.

and this will offend most people, Muslims are now the go to *** guys, guess what your the new Jews you feel bad? LIVE 2000 YEARS OF IT, I'm not religion in any way "god" has started more wars then anything else in history so stop bitching about "that guy with a beard looks mean", everyone looks mean and guess what life's mean so suck it up strap on a pair and enjoy been in a world that will gladly stab you in the back to please its own kind

but again its all Moot
[+]