フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea Treasure pool
Abyssea Treasure pool
First Page 2 3
 Titan.Cripnicc
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-10 12:28:18  
Why did they not make treasure that is opened from chests go into some kind of treasure pool? It is such a pain in the ***, i lead pick up abyssea pt's all the time and it is alway's a hassle when those gold chests start to drop.

1st of all when i shout in WG i say exp/curor not /items so what drops from chests u should not worry about what u should be doing is thanking me for all the keys i used on those chests that dropped exp/curor.

2nd of all I made pt so i decide who uses keys to open chests 1 or 2 ppl some times a 3rd that being said these ppl who used keys will get whats in these chests nobody else.

3rd of all I made pt its a pain in the *** getting group together opening chests, keeping track of lights and over all leading the group. So tell me why should the ppl who just show up for some "exp/curor" get sam rewards as me or the ppl i have helping me? all you had to do was show up.

Just my thoughts since i got in a big fight with a bunch of ppl about it the other night. If i am wrong here i might as well just join someone elses pick up group so i can get same rewards and not have to go throught the hassle of leading.
[+]
 Bismarck.Psyatica
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Psyatica 2010-08-10 12:30:18  
less QQ kthanksbye
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-08-10 12:35:09  
Bismarck.Psyatica said:
less QQ kthanksbye
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-10 12:35:22  
[+]
 Ramuh.Ragni
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ragni
By Ramuh.Ragni 2010-08-10 12:35:48  
Cripnicc is right. When gold chest pop all going to look what is inside. This damn slow down killing mobs. And i think same like Cripnicc. Person who make that abyssea pt should get all gold chest treasure exscept scrolls and key items for nms. You comming for xp not make gils there! :)
[+]
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-08-10 12:38:43  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
So tell me why should the ppl who just show up for some "exp/curor" get sam rewards as me or the ppl i have helping me? all you had to do was show up.

Would you get any of those rewards if these other 16 people hadn't shown up and spent so long farming for it?

Idiot.
[+]
 Asura.Purrrita
サーバ: Asura
user: purrr
By Asura.Purrrita 2010-08-10 12:40:03  
Personally, I take all items from gold chests and have the party random if they can use it. Everyone randoms for sellable items. Winner trades me.. doesnt take that long to make a simple trade and the party can continue fighting mobs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-08-10 12:41:20  
Asura.Purrrita said:
Personally, I take all items from gold chests and have the party random if they can use it. Everyone randoms for sellable items. Winner trades me.. doesnt take that long to make a simple trade and the party can continue fighting mobs.
This is what most decent Abyssea leaders do
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-10 12:42:19  
Ramuh.Ragni said:
Cripnicc is right. When gold chest pop all going to look what is inside. This damn slow down killing mobs. And i think same like Cripnicc. Person who make that abyssea pt should get all gold chest treasure exscept scrolls and key items for nms. You comming for xp not make gils there! :)

Maybe if you decided to share sellables, everyone wouldnt rush to the item chests to try and get whats inside and actually do their job killing mobs.

Just a thought.

Oh and LOL at QQ'ing about spending keys, I'm sure that anyone in your alliance would be happy to spend cruor for keys if you told them they get all the sellables
[+]
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-10 12:45:01  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
So tell me why should the ppl who just show up for some "exp/curor" get sam rewards as me or the ppl i have helping me? all you had to do was show up.
Would you get any of those rewards if these other 16 people hadn't shown up and spent so long farming for it? Idiot.

Would those 16 ppl get exp/curor if i would'nt have started the pt? who knows. takes me time and effort to put pt together they get to afk while im organizing.

Idiot
[+]
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-08-10 12:45:15  
How about just leaving gold chests. Don't open them. Kick the person who disobeys. Avoids the whole situation, right?

And if you think leading/leeching through chest bitchness is soooooooo hard, don't do it. Don't think you deserve some sort of reward because you put yourself into that situation.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-08-10 12:49:44  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Would you get any of those rewards if these other 16 people hadn't shown up and spent so long farming for it? Idiot.

Would those 16 ppl get exp/curor if i would'nt have started the pt? who knows. takes me time and effort to put pt together they get to afk while im organizing.

Idiot

I've been in many abyssean exp parties, both pickup and LS made, and none of ther leaders have bitched and QQ'd like you about the effort required. And all of them held the sellables and handed them out after /randoming after the run.

If it's really so hard for you, have you considered not doing it? You don't seem to have the smarts to do it properly...
[+]
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-08-10 12:55:55  
I love all the people that *** and cry about how hard it is to run a party and how they deserve everything that is in the chests because of all the "work" they are doing. Get over yourselves it does not take a rocket scientist to shout and have 17 people join your group. Nor does it take a lot of effort to keep track of lights. You didnt do anything extra ordinary that would warrent taking potentially hundreds of thousands of gil worth of scrolls and items. And woohooo for you using your keys. Big deal. Crour is not hard to come by. The last pt i was the box *** in i used 150 keys and still ended the pt with more crour than i had when i started.

Pre abyssea when you formed a pt did you cast lot on all the BS and KS that dropped during the pt? I highly doubt it because is is socially unacceptable. It takes more than just you to get those drops. Grow up and do the right thing. Just have everyone /random. It takes just a few seconds to call out what the drops are and trade the highest random. Since all you are doing is opening chests at that point anyway what the hell else do you have to do. And more importantly if you do it the right way and people can trust you to be honest and fair then you wont have 12 people all not fighting because they are checking whats in the chests.
[+]
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-10 12:57:09  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Would those 16 ppl get exp/curor if i would'nt have started the pt? who knows. takes me time and effort to put pt together they get to afk while im organizing. Idiot
I've been in many abyssean exp parties, both pickup and LS made, and none of ther leaders have bitched and QQ'd like you about the effort required. And all of them held the sellables and handed them out after /randoming after the run. If it's really so hard for you, have you considered not doing it? You don't seem to have the smarts to do it properly...

well the reason i do lead them is cause i do, do it well my pt's always stay in for, well as long as ppl can last. and i guess ur right then i should not lead any more. i dont do it for the gil thats just kinda an extra. i never try to get gold chests to drop. but like i said if ppl think the same as u i'll just give up leading there is no point to do more work and get same bennifits.
[+]
 Bahamut.Habs
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2010-08-10 13:00:59  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Would those 16 ppl get exp/curor if i would'nt have started the pt? who knows. takes me time and effort to put pt together they get to afk while im organizing. Idiot
what your doing is basically setting up a leecher pty...with you being the leecher.yes it costs curor for keys,curor your getting by just opening boxes right, while the other guys are actually killing the mobs?

some of the items you get opening boxes are invaluable,so thats more than a fair trade for keys.if guys start bitching cuz your taking all the items you cant blame them can you?

the general rule of thumb is that sellables are randomed,and if you get a rare/ex its randomed or some1 who wants it gets it.

remember just because you started the pty doesnt mean its your personal treasure chest.guys might not say something now but down the road you might bump into them eventually.and sure as ***theyll remember the chest hog.

o ya the benifits of being the chest ***...key items not loot.
[+]
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-08-10 13:03:41  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
...there is no point to do more work and get same bennifits.

This is the entire problem. You act like it is so much work. What work? Did you ever build a pt before abyssea? /tell 5-10 people 1/2 of which are afk or not the right jobs then you gotta beg people with the right jobs to come. And what did you get for your efforts. The same thing everyone else got. XP and a random chance at any KS/BS that dropped.

Now its no different. /shout 5-10 times get 12+ people then beg a few people with the right jobs to come and you have a pt. Big deal. Get over yourself.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-10 13:07:55  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
I've been in many abyssean exp parties, both pickup and LS made, and none of ther leaders have bitched and QQ'd like you about the effort required. And all of them held the sellables and handed them out after /randoming after the run. If it's really so hard for you, have you considered not doing it? You don't seem to have the smarts to do it properly...

well the reason i do lead them is cause i do, do it well my pt's always stay in for, well as long as ppl can last. and i guess ur right then i should not lead any more. i dont do it for the gil thats just kinda an extra. i never try to get gold chests to drop. but like i said if ppl think the same as u i'll just give up leading there is no point to do more work and get same bennifits.

oh the irony.

Why the *** did you make this thread then?

What about doing like other people said and just /random afterwards.

[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-10 13:09:10  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
When you start these pt's are you lvl 75-80 or really leeching/key ***? And if getting those items count as "extras" then isn't it far for everyone there to earn said "extras" as well?

When you invited 17 other ppl did you tell them upfront that you would lot all the items and not let them /random for them? Yeah I didn't think so..no wonder you got into alot of arguments.

Oh yeah and Lol at thinking Abyssea runs are hard to make, create or find..ppl shouldn't have to bow down to you just cuz they are in your alli.
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-08-10 13:11:15  
Bahamut.Zorander said:

Oh yeah and Lol at thinking Abyssea runs are hard to make, create or find..ppl shouldn't have to bow down to you just cuz they are in your alli.

They're a dime a dozen. I went to the bathroom and came back to find three invites to abyssea. I was kind of amazed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-10 13:11:39  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Why did they not make treasure that is opened from chests go into some kind of treasure pool? It is such a pain in the ***, i lead pick up abyssea pt's all the time and it is alway's a hassle when those gold chests start to drop.

1st of all when i shout in WG i say exp/curor not /items so what drops from chests u should not worry about what u should be doing is thanking me for all the keys i used on those chests that dropped exp/curor.

2nd of all I made pt so i decide who uses keys to open chests 1 or 2 ppl some times a 3rd that being said these ppl who used keys will get whats in these chests nobody else.

3rd of all I made pt its a pain in the *** getting group together opening chests, keeping track of lights and over all leading the group. So tell me why should the ppl who just show up for some "exp/curor" get sam rewards as me or the ppl i have helping me? all you had to do was show up.

Just my thoughts since i got in a big fight with a bunch of ppl about it the other night. If i am wrong here i might as well just join someone elses pick up group so i can get same rewards and not have to go throught the hassle of leading.
I can see on your AH history why you want everyone else to gtfo the chests and leave it all to you.

You spend cruor on keys, they spend gil on food/shihei etc. Whats the difference?
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-10 13:19:39  
well i do more than just stad around open chests i do melee, heal, tank depending on what job im on.
Point is and there is no arguing it It takes more time and effort to run a abyssea pt. But hey no big deal if thats the way it is i just wont run them anymore simple as that. i dont need the gil and i can just join a pick up. end of disscusion.
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-08-10 13:21:06  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:

I can see on your AH history why you want everyone else to gtfo the chests and leave it all to you.

You spend cruor on keys, they spend gil on food/shihei etc. Whats the difference?

Plus cruor on enhancements. Looks like I get to keep all the loot now? That loss of cruor totally hit me hard.
 Quetzalcoatl.Birdmanonenonly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Birdmanonenonly 2010-08-10 13:23:54  
You're just being a greedy *** imo. If I'm not feeling lazy, and actually start a party, the only thing I would expect from the party is a little bit of respect for being the one to organize the run and keep things running smoothly.
Respect will get you much further in this game then a little bit of extra gil so you can afford your cream puffs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-08-10 13:25:04  
Imo the leader gets to decide who will be the leech and thats it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-10 13:27:47  
Let me see, I lead an abyssea pt yesterday.

* I kept track of lights/kills (it was very hard), all this while mainhealing, sleeping and enfeebeling and dealing with all the bazillion tells from ppl that wanted to join GOOOO ME! Because its such a hard work.

* Among the 18 ppl in the alliance I asked who had experience of chest whoring and would like to do it and spend their keys. Got 2 volunteers that didnt mind spending keys.

* Told the 2 chest *** to call out sellables for /random and trade the items to the winners.

* Everyone got exp/cruor/merits and a chance for sellables items. And no one complained.

I left after ~4 hours because my exp and merits were capped and it was getting late here, but the alliance kept going w/o me.
[+]
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-08-10 13:31:58  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I left after ~4 hours because my exp and merits were capped and it was getting late here, but the alliance kept going w/o me.

How is this even possible?!?! Without you there doing all the hard work however did the pt survive?

:D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-10 13:36:06  
Unicorn.Idevlboy said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

How is this even possible?!?! Without you there doing all the hard work however did the pt survive?

:D

inorite?

I halfway kind of expected everyone to d-box me 100k each to show me how greatful they were for the very exhausting work i did there.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-10 13:44:58  
I normally don't touch gold chests. If there is a scroll inside that someone currently needs on the job they are currently on I announce the scroll and let them random. If they have some "job" they need it for but they're not on it to be fair I just leave it in the chest cause you never know if someone is just lying to get the scroll for gil or are actually gonna use it. All other items I just leave.

90% of the time I just go with LS anyway so I don't have to worry about people looting chests though.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-10 13:46:03  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Unicorn.Idevlboy said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
How is this even possible?!?! Without you there doing all the hard work however did the pt survive? :D
inorite? I halfway kind of expected everyone to d-box me 100k each to show me how greatful they were for the very exhausting work i did there.
I don't know how you did it man..I was going to lead an Abyssea pt but the pressure got to me and ran and cried in the corner..took me hours to snap out of it.

Edit: I kinda wish I was on Carby just so I could have the pleasure of D-boxing you 100k and would prolly make a /em macro "ALL HAIL THE MIGHY ZANNO!!" for every time I ran past you.
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-08-10 13:50:42  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
90% of the time I just go with LS anyway so I don't have to worry about people looting chests though.

Ya this does not happen in a pick up group. People will bring a stack of keys for the sole purpose of poping and raiding the Gold chests. You will see at least 5-6 people stop fighting and run up to them the second they pop.

The only thing about this thread that is actually valid is that items with augments should definitly go into the treasure pool when the chest is opened. It is very unfair that anyone with a key can just pop a chest and snag these items. Some of these items can be pretty epic (Dark rings with -PTD and -MDT, Tarutaru sash with TH+1, etc..) And it is a real shame when people have no honor and grab them before everyone has a chance to /random for them.
[+]
First Page 2 3