フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea Treasure pool
Abyssea Treasure pool
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-10 13:51:34  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

You spend cruor on keys, they spend gil on food/shihei etc. Whats the difference?

Wth I must get lame *** people when ever I shout for abyssea cause the only people who actually use food are people in my ls...

:(
[+]
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-08-10 13:54:26  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
You spend cruor on keys, they spend gil on food/shihei etc. Whats the difference?
Wth I must get lame *** people when ever I shout for abyssea cause the only people who actually use food are people in my ls... :(

... If you are a DD just bring 1-2 +1 pizza. They last 4hrs and cost 5-8k depending on your server. Its not asking all that much and its always nice to have the extra acc.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-10 13:56:20  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I'd also like to add that a chest *** job is a bit easier (assuming your other players aren't afking). And you can show up pretty much nekkid and just throw keys at pretty much everything with a maccro
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-10 14:33:20  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Why did they not make treasure that is opened from chests go into some kind of treasure pool? It is such a pain in the ***, i lead pick up abyssea pt's all the time and it is alway's a hassle when those gold chests start to drop.

1st of all when i shout in WG i say exp/curor not /items so what drops from chests u should not worry about what u should be doing is thanking me for all the keys i used on those chests that dropped exp/curor.

2nd of all I made pt so i decide who uses keys to open chests 1 or 2 ppl some times a 3rd that being said these ppl who used keys will get whats in these chests nobody else.

3rd of all I made pt its a pain in the *** getting group together opening chests, keeping track of lights and over all leading the group. So tell me why should the ppl who just show up for some "exp/curor" get sam rewards as me or the ppl i have helping me? all you had to do was show up.

Just my thoughts since i got in a big fight with a bunch of ppl about it the other night. If i am wrong here i might as well just join someone elses pick up group so i can get same rewards and not have to go throught the hassle of leading.

Implying that people are just coming to these things to leech exp...

I would love to see you do an abyssea burn with just you and your two other people who are using keys and see how much exp you get. Also, if everyone was trying to open chests, nobody would be killing, so nothing would get done.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2010-08-10 15:07:55  
Bad time for pickup abyssea pickup groups - the weekend. (get a healthy mix of AB noobs.

Other than that id rather lead - because i have more control over the outcome and if something makes me mad i can fix it with a simple kick and replace.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-10 16:44:58  
I think the key here is upfront communication.
To avoiding confusion and bruised egos, the alliance leader probably has an obligation to tell the alliance up-front, before starting, one of the following:

A. I'm keeping all the loot. If you don't like that, leave. Otherwise, enjoy the insanely easy EXP.

or, B. Person 'X' is hereby appointed to gather all treasures from the chests, and he/she will announce when to /random for your chance to acquire the item in question. Anyone noted to be "ninja"-claiming treasure from the chests will be removed.

or, C. [insert your style of government here].

The point is, it's your alliance. That *does*, in my mind, entitle you to establish the rules for loot in your group. This is not unlike "house rules" in a game of cards or beer pong. However, the mistake the OP is likely making is *assuming* that he/she should *automatically* receive all the loot just because he/she is the alliance lead, without communicating this to the group.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: niktod
By Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook 2010-08-10 17:31:19  
OP is a genuine ***.

Your the kinda potential shell holder that would get 1st drop on everything and at the end when ppl are bitching at your *** hop off with the LS bank cuz "its your ls". Stop thinking that ppl you invite in say abyssea party ow you ***. By definition your the true leecher and not the rest of your ally. Do the community a big service and sell your account for a couple of bux and then:

1. Buy a printer (and paper).
2. Buy a Microsoft office license.
3. Open up word n type "im a gigantic ***"
4. Print that ***out on your brand new printer.
5. Slice yourself down the road with that sheet.

By the time your done youv made everyone here happy (plus probably HP for the printer and Microsoft for the office license).

QQ
[+]
 Titan.Cripnicc
サーバ: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-10 17:33:27  
Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook said:
OP is a genuine ***. Your the kinda potential shell holder that would get 1st drop on everything and at the end when ppl are bitching at your *** hop off with the LS bank cuz "its your ls". Stop thinking that ppl you invite in say abyssea party ow you ***. By definition your the true leecher and not the rest of your ally. Do the community a big service and sell your account for a couple of bux and then: 1. Buy a printer (and paper). 2. Buy a Microsoft office license. 3. Open up word n type "im a gigantic ***" 4. Print that ***out on your brand new printer. 5. Slice yourself down the road with that sheet. By the time your done youv made everyone here happy (plus probably HP for the printer and Microsoft for the office license). QQ

LMAO that is funny
 Asura.Majae
サーバ: Asura
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-08-10 17:41:11  
I haven't cared about item chests when I've gone in Abyssea pick-up parties. Also on that note, none of the pick-up parties I've been in had any kind of lotting system for the gold chests - maybe I didn't notice, because again, i just didn't care.

I'm there for the xp/cruor and fun.

I think whomever is doing randoms for sellable material is doing it right. Seems to be a fair way to go. Everyone is doing their share, so it makes sense to free lot items in chests.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-10 17:56:04  
I am a genuine ***.

I'm the kind of potential douchebag that doesn't know the difference between the words "your" and "you're". Apparently, instead of paying attention in junior high school, I was drawing names of rock bands inside my desk with a chewed-off pencil. I heard graphite is good for my nervous system development, so I got as much as I could.

I should do the community a big service and sell my account for a few scraps of pocket lint and:

1. Pick my nose.
2. Eat it.
3. Muse for a while on the somewhat salty flavor.
4. Repeat from step 1, effectively keeping myself from polluting the internet with my craptacular grammar and useless opinions, indefinitely.

fixed.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-08-10 18:01:09  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
So tell me why should the ppl who just show up for some "exp/curor" get sam rewards as me or the ppl i have helping me? all you had to do was show up.
Would you get any of those rewards if these other 16 people hadn't shown up and spent so long farming for it? Idiot.
Would those 16 ppl get exp/curor if i would'nt have started the pt? who knows. takes me time and effort to put pt together they get to afk while im organizing. Idiot

You're logic is flawed, you're assuming you're the only guy in town making an abyssea xp party. At any given time there is 30-100 people in any abyssea zone on my server xping, so yes, yes they will still get xp/cruor.

Also, isn't like it's much effort involved at all to get members, everyone and thier brother is xping in aby. Can have a full alliance on my server in 10 minutes shouting in whitegate. With a line of people wanting to join in if a spot opens up.

I agree with randoming the items being most fair. You should probably say to the group before entering "ALL the loot is mine, MINE I tell you" and see how many stand by your xp run. Sure it's about the xp but when have you xp'd before abyssea where you got to lot all the colibri feathers and crystals? >.>

BTW, buying keys arguement is moot, cruor is like water, large abundance. Hell, I'm sitting on 60 keys myself just in case. <.<
[+]
 Leviathan.Veratos
user: Veratos
By Leviathan.Veratos 2010-08-10 18:17:55  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Why did they not make treasure that is opened from chests go into some kind of treasure pool? It is such a pain in the ***, i lead pick up abyssea pt's all the time and it is alway's a hassle when those gold chests start to drop.

1st of all when i shout in WG i say exp/curor not /items so what drops from chests u should not worry about what u should be doing is thanking me for all the keys i used on those chests that dropped exp/curor.

2nd of all I made pt so i decide who uses keys to open chests 1 or 2 ppl some times a 3rd that being said these ppl who used keys will get whats in these chests nobody else.

3rd of all I made pt its a pain in the *** getting group together opening chests, keeping track of lights and over all leading the group. So tell me why should the ppl who just show up for some "exp/curor" get sam rewards as me or the ppl i have helping me? all you had to do was show up.

Just my thoughts since i got in a big fight with a bunch of ppl about it the other night. If i am wrong here i might as well just join someone elses pick up group so i can get same rewards and not have to go throught the hassle of leading.

Yes I know i'm going to hell all giftwrapped but this just seemed right. :/
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-10 18:18:44  
Those kids have Paper Mario on their shirts, they're more epic than you can ever hope to be Paizano.
 Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: niktod
By Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook 2010-08-10 18:22:40  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
I am a genuine ***.

I'm the kind of potential douchebag that doesn't know the difference between the words "your" and "you're". Apparently, instead of paying attention in junior high school, I was drawing names of rock bands inside my desk with a chewed-off pencil. I heard graphite is good for my nervous system development, so I got as much as I could.

I should do the community a big service and sell my account for a few scraps of pocket lint and:

1. Pick my nose.
2. Eat it.
4. Repeat from step 1, effectively keeping myself from polluting the internet with my craptacular grammar and useless opinions, indefinitely.

fixed.

nig. plz,

Teach me that bolded word your(lol) english seems to be better than mine.
 Diabolos.Fattynoob
サーバ: Diabolos
user: xprophetx
By Diabolos.Fattynoob 2010-08-10 18:38:45  
Siren.Screamingbabies said:
And if you think leading/leeching through chest bitchness is soooooooo hard, don't do it. Don't think you deserve some sort of reward because you put yourself into that situation.

Word. Last night we had this lvl 50's chest popper who started complaining about using keys!!! omfg. i left that party after the 2nd 1.000 cruor chest he skipped. and got another invite within 1 minute. i didn't even have to leave the zone. thats like the DD complaining they have to attack or a mage complaining about casting a spell. Its your job, do it or dont accept the role.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-10 21:45:20  
I am a genuine ***.

1. Pick my nose.
2. Eat it.

fixed.

nig. plz,

-muse
insert-amuse yourself

Muse is a pretty good band though.
let me use it in a proper format for elana.
Fat *** are the muse of many African American musical artists(gangsta rappaz).

i have to compliment him on the execution though.
at least the first part.
when it got to the numbers i lost interest and it wasn't as funny.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger 2010-08-10 22:00:38  
I am a genuine ***.

1. Pick my nose.
2. Eat it.

fixed.

i LOL'd XD
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-10 22:09:17  

nig. plz,

Definition for muse

"to think or meditate in silence, as on some subject (such as the salty flavor of one's boogers)"
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-10 22:19:08  

nig. plz,

Definition for muse

"to think or meditate in silence, as on some subject (such as the salty flavor of one's boogers)"
Well put.
Just seemed out of place in the general message.
Gotta speak the language of the natives for the most part to get your message across.
But in regards to it being an overall weak punchline I still think that is so.
But time teaches all I guess.
i'll quote some shakespeare for ya since you had used the word "muse"

"brevity is the soul of wit"
in almost all situations this shines true :D.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-10 22:36:11  
I am a genuine ***.

1. Pick my nose.
2. Eat it.

fixed.

Personally, I thought this post was great, and to be honest it was what I was thinking the entire time that I was reading Serbzook's unintelligible post.

Then, I started to think. Based on your other posts("everyone's a douche on FFXIAH and nobody posts constructive comments" - your "Community quality" thread), I think it's hypocritical. Needless to say, you shouldn't be angry about "Community Quality" when you are a part of the problem yourself, as seen in this case.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-11 07:24:15  
Pffft.

The old adage says: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em".

And for crying out loud, I was never "angry". Not then, not now. Why does everyone have to be "angry" if they have something to say?

"Umad?" is the dumbest saying on the internet.

That said, thanks for the pseudo-compliment on my post here.
:-D
[+]
By Kailana 2010-08-11 07:31:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Birdmanonenonly said:
You're just being a greedy *** imo.

This pretty much sums it up.
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-11 07:32:59  
Umad?
 Leviathan.Haduken
user: Haduken
By Leviathan.Haduken 2010-08-11 08:09:08  
OP is a genuine ***. Your the kinda potential shell holder that would get 1st drop on everything and at the end when ppl are bitching at your *** hop off with the LS bank cuz "its your ls". Stop thinking that ppl you invite in say abyssea party ow you ***. By definition your the true leecher and not the rest of your ally. Do the community a big service and sell your account for a couple of bux and then: 1. Buy a printer (and paper). 2. Buy a Microsoft office license. 3. Open up word n type "im a gigantic ***" 4. Print that ***out on your brand new printer. 5. Slice yourself down the road with that sheet. By the time your done youv made everyone here happy (plus probably HP for the printer and Microsoft for the office license). QQ
^ Awesome!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-11 08:11:23  
I really hate how it doesn't go to treasure pool myself. I really feel it should but since it doesn't people should /random for the drops they need... Sucks though cause a lot just don't do it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Jadell
user: jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2010-08-11 08:32:51  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Let me see, I lead an abyssea pt yesterday. * I kept track of lights/kills (it was very hard), all this while mainhealing, sleeping and enfeebeling and dealing with all the bazillion tells from ppl that wanted to join GOOOO ME! Because its such a hard work. * Among the 18 ppl in the alliance I asked who had experience of chest whoring and would like to do it and spend their keys. Got 2 volunteers that didnt mind spending keys. * Told the 2 chest *** to call out sellables for /random and trade the items to the winners. * Everyone got exp/cruor/merits and a chance for sellables items. And no one complained. I left after ~4 hours because my exp and merits were capped and it was getting late here, but the alliance kept going w/o me.

That is how the pick up groups I have been in have done it and it works very well. When keys are used up we rotate and someone else gets keys. But everyone gets an opportunity to random for the sellable items OR if it is a scroll then we let those who are there on that job that do not have the scroll be given the opportunity to /random for it. It is the ppl that ninja lot all chests and when told to stop insist from party to party doing that. I have told my party leaders that if this person is in my alliance that i am coming BLM and will D2 him if he does it again and they can tell him so.
 Fenrir.Havster
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2010-08-11 08:46:20  
Agree totally with the lotting system, Only thing that I would say is the key users get 1 item, but thats all, to make up the Cruor lost.

My view on this is the other pty members can sell Perle etc etc to make gil from the Cruor they have gained so a little thank you is a nice gesture for 10's of 1000's of Cruor used.

Other than that yeah, items are randomed and handed out.

Someone loot whoring or simply running and popping the gold ones for items yet leaving all others alone (my personal pet hate!) will be kicked if I have that ability or I will call them out on it/leave.

@OP If I was in your pty I would have called you on it and been one of the group you were agrguing with.

Abyssea ptys are everywhere, not like you cant walk into another one straight away.

You setting one up is nothing special tbh and lets face it the leaders normally change every 4-5 hours as people pass out.

edit: Unless the key user is a leech level job and thats their roll, in that case be thankful and do your job.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-11 09:10:41  
To OP:

Cruor is a joke to get, and if you are crying about using it on keys you are a moron. At the moment, I have over 300k cruor. I ran out of jobs to even level in Abyssea or I'd probably have twice that much.

If you're going to be a stingy jew and keep all the items for yourself, make sure people know that up front. I promise you, you won't fill your alliances as easily if you are telling people that all sellables are going into your inventory.

Stop using Abyssea to make your gil. You're an ***, and no one likes you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-11 09:26:06  
WTF Aurilius?

Cruor is a joke to get, yes. We get that, good point.

But calling the OP a moron, a "jew", and an *** all in the same breath?

Uncalled for and dehumanizing. Pathetic.

D+ for insults.
C- for intelligence.
A for racist douchebaggery.

[+]