New Items. Why Do They Sell Them So High?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » New Items. Why do they sell them so high?
New Items. Why do they sell them so high?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-08-09 02:33:27  
Hmm i see a lot of new Items from Abyssea. Most are realy good. But why are ppl so stupid and buy it for 1-3M ?

Think on it we have a level system that will rais up to 99 in a few months.

Stop RMTing and buy these ***for so much money. They are not worth it (most of it)
[+]
By Kailana 2010-08-09 02:38:30  
Give it time, they'll all come down. Poise shoes on my server are a prime example. None available for a couple weeks, one goes up, someone buys for 300k. Next was 500k. Then suddenly 5 million gil....then 4....then 3...then 2.5 million, and currently there's 5 of them on the auction house.

Honestly I just feel bad for the people who spend stupid amounts of money on the cruor/tier 1-2 abyssea NM drops. I know a couple who spent several million on the cruor sets. xD

Oh well. I guess it's true what they say; fools and their money are soon parted.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-09 02:40:49  
It has nothing to do with RMT, and more about people getting things right now. When things are first discovered, not everyone knows about it, so people that want it have 2 options, buy it for 1-3M, or wait it out and find out how to get it for themselves. A lot of people in well established end-game shells have no issue with dropping a few mil on a good piece of gear, regardless of the fact that they know just as well as you do that it'll be a lot cheaper in a month or two, and possibly even out-dated in a few months more.
[+]
 Bahamut.Silvarion
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Pilsi
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-08-09 03:17:18  
haha, remember ppl who bought Abyss Cruor Gear for 1m
and now 10k xD
[+]
 Asura.Franchise
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Franchise 2010-08-09 04:07:55  
Supply and demand! Do you own an IPhone? Did you buy a PS3? XBOX360? or anything else when it first came out? Why didnt you wait for the prices to drop? Simple economics.
[+]
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-08-09 04:10:31  
Asura.Franchise said:
Supply and demand! Do you own an IPhone? Did you buy a PS3? XBOX360? or anything else when it first came out? Why didnt you wait for the prices to drop? Simple economics.

Lol the funny thing is i have all these things you listed up ^^
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-08-09 04:58:54  
Bahamut.Silvarion said:
and now 10k xD

I did abyssea invites, levelled, and with 3 jobs at 80 1/2 merited, the cruor just amazingly builds up. I bought ll my gear and laughed at why ppl tried to sell the gear.

Dummy up folks!
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
サーバ: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2010-08-09 05:00:41  
@OP

Because people are idiots/greedy. Everyone has to have the new shinies D:
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-09 05:02:15  
one awesome word

EPEEEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!

lol thats why people paid for it.. i must havz i wantz to be betterz than youz..

1 month passes.. i dont wantz this gearz your all wearing itz
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-09 05:10:02  
Under 1 million is ok. Poise shoes for instance will be hard to beat. Depending on how you don't suck at building gil 800k is probably less time than it takes to get it. Also you can sell old stuff to buy new ones, like thew bomblet for black tathlum and make huge profit.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-08-09 07:00:34  
As long as there are people out there that pay that much for new items, then people will also try to sell them for way too much. In the end an item is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-08-09 07:25:35  
Lots of people just buy it before they realize how easy it is to get, or don't feel like waiting to get it and have the extra gil to spend. As long as people are willing to pay those high prices people will continue to sell for that high.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-08-09 07:31:22  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
one awesome word

EPEEEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!

lol thats why people paid for it.. i must havz i wantz to be betterz than youz..

I think "LOL cat" got on, and started joining forums on Rinkydinks accnt..
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-09 07:32:41  
I sell for whatever a buyer is willing to pay! In the end it is much easier to get these items from a small group of Rdms than wait in line for ages on a lot of things (like Auric Dagger!).
[+]
 Asura.Tygon
user: Veldar
By Asura.Tygon 2010-08-09 07:36:29  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
one awesome word

EPEEEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!

ˆThisˆ
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-08-09 07:39:24  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I sell for whatever a buyer is willing to pay! In the end it is much easier to get these items from a small group of Rdms than wait in line for ages on a lot of things (like Auric Dagger!).
Group of rdms!? Don't forget us blms :(
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-09 08:14:00  
Well maybe if you would get to the NM with correct sj and not losing abyssea time :| blm is also good though. Not quite as good as rdm due to lack of hotpants and other stuff but still! I miss you ffxi!
 Lakshmi.Ricco
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-08-09 08:21:10  
Odin.Blazza said:
It has nothing to do with RMT, and more about people getting things right now. When things are first discovered, not everyone knows about it, so people that want it have 2 options, buy it for 1-3M, or wait it out and find out how to get it for themselves. A lot of people in well established end-game shells have no issue with dropping a few mil on a good piece of gear, regardless of the fact that they know just as well as you do that it'll be a lot cheaper in a month or two, and possibly even out-dated in a few months more.

Honestly FFXI works quite a bit like our economy :P This ***sells high and is easy to get the same reason rent to own places like rent a center stay in business. "I want it now I don't want to save up a couple months or do the work."

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-09 08:32:42  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Hmm i see a lot of new Items from Abyssea. Most are realy good. But why are ppl so stupid and buy it for 1-3M ?

Why do people buy iPads?

They're 'innovators', they have to have the latest and greatest and will spend lots of money to have them. They act as guinea pigs for the rest of us.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-09 08:35:07  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Why do people buy iPads?

To sit in crowded areas and look spiffy!
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Well maybe if you would get to the NM with correct sj and not losing abyssea time :| blm is also good though. Not quite as good as rdm due to lack of hotpants and other stuff but still! I miss you ffxi!

Quit again? :<
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-08-09 08:56:16  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Need to hurry up and get back have many NMs to kill!!!
 Bahamut.Evilswine
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-08-09 08:57:56  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Quit again?

His internet is fail
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-09 09:04:46  
Oh, haha. Poor guy, no Mithra *** for him.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-08-09 09:08:40  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Oh, haha. Poor guy, no Mithra *** for him.
lmfao
 Ifrit.Frenchy
user: Frenchy
By Ifrit.Frenchy 2010-08-09 09:25:27  
Economics 101. They'll buy if they are both Willing & Able. Also, it's all about epeen. I sold a couple teal pieces to someone, and netted a couple mil.
 Cerberus.Baleoce
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2010-08-09 10:32:47  
lol yeah someone in our shell bought teal body for about 2mil or something, then seemingly quit after seeing how much it came down in such a short space of time. people never learn xD
 Asura.Nususu
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2010-08-09 10:34:15  
Cerberus.Heavendragon said:

Think on it we have a level system that will rais up to 99 in a few months.

Stop RMTing and buy these ***for so much money. They are not worth it (most of it)
I saw the title and thought, hmmm this guy is probably stupid. Then i read the post and now i know he's an idiot.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-09 10:36:44  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Bahamut.Silvarion said:
and now 10k xD

I did abyssea invites, levelled, and with 3 jobs at 80 1/2 merited, the cruor just amazingly builds up. I bought ll my gear and laughed at why ppl tried to sell the gear.

Dummy up folks!

We sold the gear, because the body pieces were selling for 1mill+ each.

I made about 20 mill all together from people buying Abyssea ***.
First Page 2