New Items. Why Do They Sell Them So High?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » New Items. Why do they sell them so high?
New Items. Why do they sell them so high?
 Ifrit.Frenchy
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Frenchy
By Ifrit.Frenchy 2010-08-09 15:45:48  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

I did abyssea invites, levelled, and with 3 jobs at 80 1/2 merited, the cruor just amazingly builds up. I bought ll my gear and laughed at why ppl tried to sell the gear.

Dummy up folks!
You laughed at people who clearly possess economic gumption? Or did you mean you laughed at people who spent millions on Abyssea gear?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-08-09 15:59:48  
Some people have so much gil they don't care as long as they have something that is an improvement over the old. Others may just not know how hard it is to get and over pay thinking it is easier to just buy it than get it themselves.

New things are almost always expensive and perceived value plays a great part in how fast the price drops. If they put in a new earring that has 10 MAB the price would be huge for a long time simply because so many would want it. People will pay millions for 7 MAB already so the perceived value is very high even if it ended up being easy to get.

I knew the gear was going to drop even more than when I bought several pieces but it was worth it to me to pay it and have it sooner. Granted I only paid a 100k each for 3 parts not a mil.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-08-09 16:04:49  
I think a lot of people have more gil than they know what to do with, and thus when new items come out their "I Want it NOW DADDY!" instincts kick in and they buy it no matter how useless it is or how absurd the price.

It may seem like a huge lose to us but to some it might just be pocket change and its not effecting them like it would to some of us who usually hang around 500k~2mil on average at a time.

Though the best advice i can give anyone looking to grab a new item is:

Wait for me to crack and buy it, within moments the price should crash a few hundred k.