user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-08-06 19:18:05  
I would like to have a new main city plz....whitegate is overcrowded
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-06 19:21:40  
Haven't read the whole thread but I think it's safe to say that if there are new zones, they'll be abyssea zones we don't have {s} versions of.

Hoping for some Yhoator and Altep myself, but I'm not so sure about Xarc, as we already have a mirror of that.
 Asura.Matakuko
サーバ: Asura
user: MATAKUKO
By Asura.Matakuko 2010-08-06 19:26:47  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Haven't read the whole thread but I think it's safe to say that if there are new zones, they'll be abyssea zones we don't have {s} versions of.

Hoping for some Yhoator and Altep myself, but I'm not so sure about Xarc, as we already have a mirror of that.

Oddly enough Xarcabard is the only existing zone that has more than one alternate reality.
 Asura.Oraq
user: Oraq
By Asura.Oraq 2010-08-06 19:28:54  
Shiva.Daimos said:

I was thinking the same idea of zones we don't have currently in the past or in dynamis.

I would think Yhoator/Altep, and then some addition to WotG Xarcabard maybe? (covering the crag areas)
Then the 3rd expansion could unlock Abyssea Qufim (because of Delkfutt's Tower, or could be in the tower itself and have like a Nyzul climb) which would have the megaboss.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-08-06 19:28:56  
Yeah... I'm leaning towards them moving closer to the cities with this next installment. And the final one being the cities themselves... but who knows? That's part of the fun is wondering what might be. Either way, if it's anything like this last one... it'll be worth it and then some. This has been the best add on yet. The other 3 were awful on their own merit, but compared to Abyssea... gah.
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-08-06 19:30:45  
Asura.Matakuko said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

Oddly enough Xarcabard is the only existing zone that has more than one alternate reality.

Wouldn't Beaucedine count in that as well? Both those zones have 3 versions, right?
 Hades.Silas
サーバ: Hades
user: Silas
By Hades.Silas 2010-08-06 19:56:51  
One thing i think they could/should add is the addition of more RSE gear- have another general tier of post 62, and more job AND race specific....there is only a hand full of pieces and it could be a good way to help differentiate between jobs at higher levels
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-06 20:37:38  
Abyssea-Just-Get-my-DRK-out-of-Perle-set-somehow!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-06 20:40:31  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:

This. Soooo much. Just got my Homam legs and feet and they're useless because of Perle :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-06 20:50:44  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:

This. Soooo much. Just got my Homam legs and feet and they're useless because of Perle :/

I'm currently looking to buy the legs, but I would use 'em over Aurore on BLU.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-08-06 20:55:01  
More gear in general. Maybe even some sub-80. I mean what did we get so far? 1 set per each standard group, and some random pieces? Ought to be more than that, I would think. Although, I guess it is just covering 5 levels...

Also, I am curious if there will be buyable armor the same way Aurore is now, and what the price will be. Ha, too bad I can't take my 400k cruour back to release day and go shopping, then AH it all for like 900k each.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-08-06 21:00:52  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I'm currently looking to buy the legs, but I would use 'em over Aurore on BLU.
not useless, homam still good
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-08-06 22:27:23  
It'd be cool to see an Altepa where the Antica never took over, a Temple of Uggalepih in its prime, or Tavnazia itself ruined or not. I know it's an alternate dimension and not pure time travel, and supposedly Abyssea was like our Vana'diel only until recently, but it'd be nice to see. I'd love to see a far past/far future Altepa reskinned as a lush savannah or forest, and El Shimo as a fiery wasteland in the wake of Ifrit's Cauldron erupting, like Mount Zhayolm.
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Lawson
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-08-06 23:02:24  
Some movement+ gear from Abyssea would make me happy as hell. I'm starting to come to the conclusion I will never own wlegs.
 Sylph.Kittty
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-08-07 00:02:05  
Scars of Abyssea - $9.99
Feature: Ability to buy keys in stacks

That's all... :\
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-07 00:16:44  
Sylph.Kittty said:
Scars of Abyssea - $9.99
Feature: Ability to buy keys in stacks

That's all... :\

I'd buy it still...

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-08-07 04:12:15  
Shiva.Daimos said:

I was personally hoping and waiting for S versions of Yhoator and Altep for campaign battles. They might add in-door zones for Abyssea this time, like dungeon version of Abyssea kind of thing. Perhaps Ordelle, Gusgen, and Shakhrami. These dungeons will be connected to current zones, eg Abyssea Gusgen can be reached from Abyssea Konschtat. I'm hoping to see Dynamis type end game activity where you try to clear mobs and bosses within a given time limit.
 Asura.Meowzma
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-08-07 05:46:26  
I believe the next 2 expansion packs will eventually cover the exact same areas that are currently in WoTG, without the new areas like Grauberg and Vunkerl Inlet, et cetera.

The upcoming pack will be the areas surrounding Jeuno, such as Rolandberry Fields, Batallia Downs and Sauromugue Champaign.

Then it will be frosty areas like Beaucedine Glacier and Xarcabard.

SE tends to recycle old areas, so I feel it will release these packs in the same fashion as WoTG.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sotek
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Otek
By Bismarck.Sotek 2010-08-07 06:47:13  
Assuming the emphasize on the moon isn't just to hint at the monsters origin (Abyssea being the *** child of FF6s World of Ruin and FF8s Lunar Cry would be awesome), I'd like to go to the moon. It's the only classic Final Fantasy dungeon not yet explored in FFXI. That's probably something for Heroes of Abyssea, though.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-08-07 07:19:16  
Blu AF3 i wanna see it
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-08-15 16:50:41  
Bismarck.Sotek said:
Assuming the emphasize on the moon isn't just to hint at the monsters origin (Abyssea being the *** child of FF6s World of Ruin and FF8s Lunar Cry would be awesome), I'd like to go to the moon. It's the only classic Final Fantasy dungeon not yet explored in FFXI. That's probably something for Heroes of Abyssea, though.
This so *** much. I hope XI or XIV have the moon at some point, and not that *** moon gate. I've been wanting them to add the moon for so *** long I can't stand it.