フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Scars of Abyssea speculation
Scars of Abyssea speculation
 Ifrit.Vextra
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-06 09:35:05  
Asura.Andevom said:
When it comes to anything involving the future direction of FFXI, 99% of the time no one comes close in guessing.

That said, I'm not against speculation. Just be prepared for none of it to happen.

gee thanks debbie downer, guess the glass is less than half full huh?
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-06 10:07:14  
Leviathan.Rynok said:
but tailoring new zones to grind for those levels won't make much sense unless these new zones were to have a higher xp/mob cap than 600, as any of the current zones can reach this regardless of level difference in the alliance. I saw my friend go from 51 PUP to 80 in a matter of a week and a half by being a chest monkey for the most part

I PL'd my mule from 30 to 75 killing imps on mnk and having the gimp mule leech. Nothing special happens in abyssea. What will necessarily happen is gimping of exp past 80, otherwise, what the point of getting the next expansions ? Getting new NMs to farm gear that will cap at 90 ? I doubt anyone would care.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-08-06 11:17:46  
Speculation:
*More Crazy good gear that looks awesome
i.e.) Grim Cuirass, that viking helmet...
*New Abyssea-esque Zones For Altep/Yhoathor/Xarc
-following teleport zones as mentioned earlier
*New Weaponskill editions
-most likely some more situational ones
-might have a few good dmg ones mixed in as well
*New Magian Quests for Relic/Empyrean/Mythic/regular trials
-like to see different augments that allow for multi-hit
versions on Relic-esque weapons
*New Magian Armor augment Quests
-Maybe augment salvage gear and some of that rare/ex
gear we've been storing forever along with former AF1/2
*New monsters/beastmen/introduction and actual new HNM
*Modifications to PW/AV drops
*A Limbus/Salvage/Assault(style) Zone for more endgame events
*New Synthesis/Synergy recipes
*More ways to obtain those harder-to-find crafting materials
*Job modifications+new abilities/spells
-new BST/Automaton stuff
*And obviosly Level Cap increase
-most likely involing a gathering quest of some kind...
*also...inventory increase would be nice too....
So thats my speculation ~ rather vague but I speculate that might happen...atleast some of it
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-08-06 11:18:31  
new gear should be sufficient enough to make people care. obviously with a new expansion there will be better gear.
 Odin.Mikumaru
サーバ: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-08-06 11:32:08  
Remember that the Visions of Abyssea picture guy is of Adventurers falling from Atomos' Maw , but we havent seen anythign about Atomos even mentioned thru Abyssea . its possible that the WoTG req may have something to do with the Region Walk of Echos is part of (forgot what its called , the Something) . And while the Maws are part of WoTG too we may be also using Veritcal Confluxes from Current Abyssea areas to access the next set .
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-06 11:40:11  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Speculation:
*More Crazy good gear that looks awesome
i.e.) Grim Cuirass, that viking helmet...
*New Abyssea-esque Zones For Altep/Yhoathor/Xarc
-following teleport zones as mentioned earlier
*New Weaponskill editions
-most likely some more situational ones
-might have a few good dmg ones mixed in as well
*New Magian Quests for Relic/Empyrean/Mythic/regular trials
-like to see different augments that allow for multi-hit
versions on Relic-esque weapons
*New Magian Armor augment Quests
-Maybe augment salvage gear and some of that rare/ex
gear we've been storing forever along with former AF1/2
*New monsters/beastmen/introduction and actual new HNM
*Modifications to PW/AV drops
*New Synthesis/Synergy recipes
*More ways to obtain those harder-to-find crafting materials
*Job modifications+new abilities/spells
-new BST/Automaton stuff
*And obviosly Level Cap increase
-most likely involing a gathering quest of some kind...
*also...inventory increase would be nice too....
So thats my speculation ~ rather vague but I speculate that might happen...atleast some of it

Most of this stuff is independant of abyssea...
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-08-06 11:50:00  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Most of this stuff is independant of abyssea...
Or is it....almost all that stuff can be included in Abyssea So...never know
 Bahamut.Weasel
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-06 11:58:08  
As for areas, I think it'll be somewhere without a maw already in it. Since you have to have WotG, maybe Grauberg, Fort Karugo-Narugo, and Vunkerl Inlet.
 Bahamut.Lalo
user: lalo
By Bahamut.Lalo 2010-08-06 12:13:08  
I would like more missions and or new storyline, most of Abyssea is exp and items, small number of quests... Once you get all jobs to 80 and have some nice gear to it, what than? Need some missions to keep myself entertained lol, wish they would expand on the current storylines, would be nice ^_^
 Midgardsormr.Soki
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-08-06 12:34:19  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
My bet is it will still be the crags area but in another instance than the current one, with higher level mobs.

who said you get to talk?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2010-08-06 12:58:33  
Emotional Scars of Abyssea:
There will be epic battles and awesome rewards! But, just when you think the NPC is going to bless you for all your hard work, it will say, "To continue, please enter your purchase code for Final Fantasy XIV Online."

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-08-06 13:05:35  
Cerberus.Kaht said:
The new expansion will have only 2 new areas: Abyssea - Bhaflau and Abyssea - Wajoam.

Every mob will be colibri. Everyone will level there and BLM won't be welcome and FFXI will finally be set straight again.

Are you an idiot? We still need BLMs for azure light...... lol
By Derfthegalka 2010-08-06 13:57:52  
WELLLLLLLLLLLLL I WAS THINKN BRODERS THAT THIS HER NEW ABISEE LET BRODERS LIKE MEH THAT NEED GILERS TOGET THEMS BY PARDIN ON UPS IN ABISE-VULKERN DOONES KICK SOME GOBBIE *** AND GET DEM TO DROP THEIR GOBBIE BAGS!!!! GET EM GOBBIE BAGS BE LIKE OAAH!!! I FOUNDS 5K YO I AM RICH!!! SOMETHUIN LIKE THATS
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-08-06 14:16:10  
Derfthegalka said:
WELLLLLLLLLLLLL I WAS THINKN BRODERS THAT THIS HER NEW ABISEE LET BRODERS LIKE MEH THAT NEED GILERS TOGET THEMS BY PARDIN ON UPS IN ABISE-VULKERN DOONES KICK SOME GOBBIE *** AND GET DEM TO DROP THEIR GOBBIE BAGS!!!! GET EM GOBBIE BAGS BE LIKE OAAH!!! I FOUNDS 5K YO I AM RICH!!! SOMETHUIN LIKE THATS

Sounds accurate. I'll fax that over to HQ for you.
 Fairy.Haxorking
サーバ: Fairy
user: Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-08-06 14:45:52  
Maybe they'll add the long awaited time mage from the old WotG speculations lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-08-06 15:00:19  

Walk of Echoes II
 Siren.Vonn
サーバ: Siren
user: VonnTaru
By Siren.Vonn 2010-08-06 15:27:02  
Don't ignore the storyline already in place. I highly doubt any of the current areas will have a higher level version, or that there will be areas in the past zones. The story of abyssea is that an alternate dimension has been taken over by vile creatures. With that being said, i would definitely have to speculate that if there is to be a new set of zones, it will be with current zilart or starter zones. It's true that mobs raise in levels as you kill, so i do agree that there will be no need for higher level abyssea zones, but i think atleast the NM's in these zones will be higher. I really do have to believe that there will be new zones with each expansion, if only to add new NM's for higher level gear as the level cap increases.Nonetheless, SE has already proven the first installment of the abyssea series to be well worth the $9.99 we spent on it, so let's just hope the others follow suit.
[+]
 Siren.Vonn
By Siren.Vonn 2010-08-06 15:32:28  
Bahamut.Lalo said:
I would like more missions and or new storyline, most of Abyssea is exp and items, small number of quests... Once you get all jobs to 80 and have some nice gear to it, what than? Need some missions to keep myself entertained lol, wish they would expand on the current storylines, would be nice ^_^
Agreed. I think the tiny scrap of storyline that we have already seen has a lot of potential to be awesome. It's almost scary to think about what they say in those CS's. About how there are only a handful of people still alive in their world and their numbers are diminishing. Kinda messed up lol.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-08-06 15:38:08  

-new BST stuff
CourierKrabkatoa! That'd be..... insane.
 Siren.Vonn
By Siren.Vonn 2010-08-06 15:50:25  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

-new BST stuff
CourierKrabkatoa! That'd be..... insane.
Try charming the Wyrm mobs in Abyssea-Tahrongi?? That would be awesome >.> i mean.. i don't think they're nm's.... and they're not beastmen either... so... charmable right? XD
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2010-08-06 17:25:46  
That's all fine and dandy, but I want to take a sidetrack to this and give some of my own speculation a try.

I think they should give us Red Mages more enfeebling spells, and I'm not talking about Paralyze III.

Two spells I would love to see: Petrify and Amnesia.

Also, Refresh II.

Discuss.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-06 17:35:58  
Siren.Vonn said:
The story of abyssea is that an alternate dimension has been taken over by vile creatures.

Just made me think...

So basically, we paid 9.99$ for them to repackage dynamis.

Just the total opposite on the EXP spectrum. Instead of losing EXP, you gain it. Same storyline, too!
[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-08-06 17:43:30  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Siren.Vonn said:
The story of abyssea is that an alternate dimension has been taken over by vile creatures.

Just made me think...

So basically, we paid 9.99$ for them to repackage dynamis.

Just the total opposite on the EXP spectrum. Instead of losing EXP, you gain it. Same storyline, too!

Personally I dont mind dishing out the 10 bucks for this. It gives new gear, better xp areas and minimal storyline (ive had it with epic CS's that drag on...and on...and on...and on....etc). As for the next expansion "speculations"....i'd like to see some of that there AF3 that SE talked about many moons ago.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-08-06 17:55:28  
Bahamut.Lalo said:

Yeah that would be nice for sure! I understand, too, that a lot of the storylines have "ended," but why cant there be rank 12 or something for the cities? Or how about some more gardening! It seems like anything new mostly ignores existing content. I just don't know why.

It'd be fun to see a new job or two, as well.
 Fenrir.Suzumiya
user: Suzumiya
By Fenrir.Suzumiya 2010-08-06 18:20:08  
Fenrir.Terminus said:

It'd be fun to see a new job or two, as well.

Time Mage GO! Though the chances of that happening are slim to none.. But this is SE so anything is possible.
 Bahamut.Kornrod
user: kornrod
By Bahamut.Kornrod 2010-08-06 18:29:12  
well i'd guess something to do with the past since it's called scars. but se does do things backwards.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-06 18:42:42  
Bahamut.Kornrod said:
well i'd guess something to do with the past since it's called scars. but se does do things backwards.

Oh it's "Scars of Abyssea"? Rats, I was hoping they were putting in the Pagani Zonda and the Caterham 7. ;_;

Oh well, maybe next year.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Matakuko
サーバ: Asura
user: MATAKUKO
By Asura.Matakuko 2010-08-06 19:02:36  
SE seems to be in the mode of doubling up on zones (dynamis limbus shadowreign), a normal area and an alternate dimension, I doubt they are going to triple anything so that would rule out Abyssea-Dunes or other places that have a parallel universe already existing. That being said common sense would dictate that they just expand the existing Abyssea areas by simply opening up access to Ordelle's Caves, Gusgen Mines, and The Maze of Shakhrami.

Another possibility could be to have Abyssea maws in Yhoator, Altepa, Xarcabard, and quite possibly Ro'Maeve if they decide to stick along the Crags theory.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-06 19:10:23  
Asura.Matakuko said:
SE seems to be in the mode of doubling up on zones (dynamis limbus shadowreign), a normal area and an alternate dimension, I doubt they are going to triple anything so that would rule out Abyssea-Dunes or other places that have a parallel universe already existing. That being said common sense would dictate that they just expand the existing Abyssea areas by simply opening up access to Ordelle's Caves, Gusgen Mines, and The Maze of Shakhrami. Another possibility could be to have Abyssea maws in Yhoator, Altepa, Xarcabard, and quite possibly Ro'Maeve if they decide to stick along the Crags theory.

From the way the NPCs in the current Abyssea areas talk, they want to get back to the main cities from which they were cut off. For certain that would imply South Gustaberg, West Ronfaure, and East Sarutabaruta might be eligible for future Abyssea maws.
[+]