First Page 2 3 4 5 6

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mankey
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-03 02:48:29  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Steel Cyclone is not useless or shitty. Saying so makes you look like a *** retard.

It's WAR's version of Spinning Slash. You'd use Steel Cyclone over King's Justice or Raging Rush anywhere DRK would use Spinning Slash over Guillotine.

And for *** sake. Stop assuming anyone and everyone has full back line support at all times. I get that it's optimal. But quite frankly, not every LS has the jobs. I'd say the minority actually have a full back line. If you're going to compare ***, you do so for the majority. Which are those without "proper" support.

@OP Post your Steel Cyclone set and I'll run some numbers between the two weapons.
I believe the majority of ls now run there max #'s so DDs can be buffed and not resort to using such ***WS's like SC and SS.... Suck less is right.. Coming on and being angry about your lack of support is not going to help the OP, learning SC and is a useless bit of game code and how to do it properly will though. And befor you give advice, take the Askar head and Ace's helm outta ure TP builds lol
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-03 02:57:36  
STR is a lot more important for DW/1handers than it is for 2handers. The Dex from Askar is also capping Crit rate on birds. Critical hits are more potent for DW/1handers also. As for Ace's. Can you add, ***? Learn your ***before you criticize or shut the *** up.

And having a full alliances does NOT mean you have needed jobs. As Pchan pointed out a while ago, BRD is one of the least leveled jobs. Same with COR. So, if all the elite LSs gobble them up, how is everyone supposed to have them?

Really, you should think before you spew HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***all over the internet.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 02:59:19  
Phoenix.Avelle said:
It had less to do with Failure leading and more to do with killing it fast and doing something else. Bringing a "tank" to DI is meh, DD's are just going to rip it off anyways. We just bring a bunch of DD/NIN's and go to town on it, nothing special.
Fair enough, was a poor choice of words to just state it that way.
Fenrir.Schutz said:
Has anyone parsed the effect of having both the STR and VIT enhancements going for a SC build in Abyssea (for WAR/SAM?) Does it improve the performance any over King's Justice or Raging Rush? (I don't know the exact effect numbers for the bonuses to STR/VIT.)
RR would get at least 1% crit from the DEX even before the enhancement abyssite; if you're dDEX capped you could trade DEX gear for STR. How much you benefit from that depends on dDEX, pDIF, and your gear options, so the exact benefits and their value as compared to how SC benefits would be hard to quantify as a generality.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-03 03:05:17  
Caitsith.Linear said:
STR is a lot more important for DW/1handers than it is for 2handers. The Dex from Askar is also capping Crit rate on birds. Critical hits are more potent for DW/1handers also. As for Ace's. Can you add, ***? Learn your ***before you criticize or shut the *** up.

And having a full alliances does NOT mean you have needed jobs. As Pchan pointed out a while ago, BRD is one of the least leveled jobs. Same with COR. So, if all the elite LSs gobble them up, how is everyone supposed to have them?

Really, you should think before you spew HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***all over the internet.
Pretty angry little dude, but cussing still doesn't justify using a Ace's helm lol LOUD NOISES ONION SWORD EXCAL.... And just because BRD is rare, doesn't make it a *** unicorn lol Most ls's that have 14 + I bet have 2+BRDs, thats just enough to buff your DD and tank PT... As for WAR/DRG One handed axe what are you smoke'n because I want some :(
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-03 03:05:43  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Not everyone plays with the PLDs you play with. For certain the OP's LS PLDs can step up their game, but given with what he has to work with his question is still valid.
The solution here is to suck less, not more. Properly buffed DDs will tear hate off a PLD given the opportunity to do so at the start of a fight, but if they're treated as cotanks rather than DDs who should never have hate and said DDs act appropriately (use Seigan/Utsu and bring PDT/MDT gear) then there really shouldn't be an issue unless your entire back line is afk.

ok i was giving this some thought. um, i understand why it's fine for a sam/nin to pull hate off a tank. i understand that sam/nins are generally better tanks than paladins for anything you can engage if they have the proper support.

but since we are talking about war and suggesting war/sam, would it be as ok for a war/sam to pull hate? on sky gods or higher, i think that except for one ls i've been in, if i pulled hate on war/sam, i wouldn't survive very long, and even in that ls, it would still be inefficient for me to be tanking as war sam.

i could survive a while on war/nin, but i probably wouldn't pull hate as war nin in the first place. i've got a -pdt set, albeit a mostly ah one, and i could use seigan and defender, but i'd become an mp sink or dead pretty quickly

would it be as ok for a war/sam to pull hate as it would a sam/nin? if so, what would i do to survive in a manner that was efficient for my ls?
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-03 03:08:07  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Not everyone plays with the PLDs you play with. For certain the OP's LS PLDs can step up their game, but given with what he has to work with his question is still valid.
The solution here is to suck less, not more. Properly buffed DDs will tear hate off a PLD given the opportunity to do so at the start of a fight, but if they're treated as cotanks rather than DDs who should never have hate and said DDs act appropriately (use Seigan/Utsu and bring PDT/MDT gear) then there really shouldn't be an issue unless your entire back line is afk.

ok i was giving this some thought. um, i understand why it's fine for a sam/nin to pull hate off a tank. i understand that sam/nins are generally better tanks for paladins for anything you can engage if they have the proper support.
its why in all honesty on HNM WAR/SAM isn't a efficient DD in the least. SAM/NIN will always be better. (Not including relics here) But in Ein WAR/SAM will be your best DD (not including relics)
but since we are talking about war and suggesting war/sam, would it be as ok for a war/sam to pull hate? on sky gods or higher, i think that except for one ls i've been in, if i pulled hate on war/sam, i wouldn't survive very long, and even in that ls, it would still be inefficient for me to be tanking as war sam.

i could survive a while on war/nin, but i probably wouldn't pull hate as war nin in the first place. i've got a -pdt set, albeit a mostly ah one, and i could use seigan and defender, but i'd become an mp sink or dead pretty quickly

would it be as ok for a war/sam to pull hate as it would a sam/nin? if so, what would i do to survive in a manner that was efficient for my ls?
its why in all honesty on HNM WAR/SAM isn't a efficient DD in the least. SAM/NIN will always be better. (Not including relics here) But in Ein WAR/SAM will be your best DD (not including relics)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-03 03:08:19  
Fenrir.Schutz said:

The reply is invariably going to be "suck less" though. :p I do appreciate what Nightfyre and Mankey have to say, but the whole point of this is a critique not of the OP's WS choices, but of his whole endgame LS from frontline to back.

if my ls was terrible and i wasn't previously aware of it, i'd appreciate an honest critique personally
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-03 03:10:51  
Ace's helm: Look at the haste numbers and add them the *** up. It's 26%. You can't get more than that with gear haste without it being wasteful. Learn to add.

WAR/DRG: For shits and giggles? I like to *** around sometimes. I haven't devoted my life and soul to an endgame LS that gives you no personal time in game.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-03 03:11:55  
26%?
Edit* needs moar Perle. Since you have so much free time for being in a ***ls, u can campaign for Rose strap :D
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-03 03:15:45  
Oh, thought you meant SAM TP.

Easy answer: The acc from Ace's Put me at capped acc on birds. minimal 3.5% (but closer to 4%) damage gain. I don't have super support. That 1% haste didn't overcome it. I did the math.

DRG got a new ACC Bonus, so I used Turban until I finished STP stingray and got myself full perle.

EDIT: I don't update gear sets often.

EDIT AGAIN: Thanks for the reminder.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-03 03:16:32  
Fenrir.Mankey said:

the thing is, he said it in the context of a discussion about war/thf vs. war/sam, which to me suggests at least an implication that it's ok for a war/sam to pull hate(which it is, but as far as i can tell, only for a very short time, i wouldn't consider a war/sam a valid cotank)

if he knows something i'm not aware of, i'm certainly open to altering my view

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-03 03:19:12  
@Spicryan Don't make him angry, he will swear again and might use caps locks this time.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-03 03:20:04  
You both missed my reply~
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 03:20:09  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
ok i was giving this some thought. um, i understand why it's fine for a sam/nin to pull hate off a tank. i understand that sam/nins are generally better tanks than paladins for anything you can engage if they have the proper support.

I'll admit that I'm toeing a very fine line here given that we're specifically talking about WAR. It's by far the least equipped of the heavy DDs where damage mitigation is concerned. I'd play fairly conservatively if I was WAR/SAM to anything big, WSing at times where I knew somebody else would take hate almost immediately and holding back a bit at the start so I didn't bite off more than I can chew. /NIN gives a bit more room to breathe so I'd probably be ok with cutting loose once we're at/near capped hate.

SAM/NIN is significantly safer than WAR/SAM or even WAR/NIN since you have both Utsusemi and Seigan to fall back on, along with much better PDT gear.

Just want to clarify, I'm not so much advocating /SAM to everything as I am suggesting that /THF is outdated for pretty much anybody that isn't BLU. This does in part stem from my lowman experiences; my shell only brings what DD we need because often that's all we can field on any given day and often as not they're expected to cotank in some capacity, if not main tank. That said, bigger groups can field bigger backlines and there's more people to bounce hate with so I'm still not really seeing a place for /THF there either.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-03 03:21:41  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

the thing is, he said it in the context of a discussion about war/thf vs. war/sam, which to me suggests at least an implication that it's ok for a war/sam to pull hate(which it is, but as far as i can tell, only for a very short time, i wouldn't consider a war/sam a valid cotank)

WAR/SAM Can't really self sustain itself but w/ a decent PDT set/Seig/TE and PLD curing you + other support you should survive. At least that was the case on DI when I actually played WAR on HNM. Haven't in a while since getting Apoc just because of its raw efficiency.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 03:22:00  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

the thing is, he said it in the context of a discussion about war/thf vs. war/sam, which to me suggests at least an implication that it's ok for a war/sam to pull hate (which it is, but as far as i can tell, only for a very short time, i wouldn't consider a war/sam a valid cotank)

Yeah, poor context. Bolded summarizes my viewpoint on it nicely.

EDIT: And now I have to clarify my cotank statement. It's a good mentality for main tanks to have towards DDs when they take hate provided said DDs know how to manage hate, but I'm not suggesting WAR/SAM be used as a true cotank. They're sharing hate but shouldn't be holding it.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-03 03:23:29  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Ace's helm: Look at the haste numbers and add them the *** up. It's 26%. You can't get more than that with gear haste without it being wasteful. Learn to add.

WAR/DRG: For shits and giggles? I like to *** around sometimes. I haven't devoted my life and soul to an endgame LS that gives you no personal time in game.
Very good Clone Trooper # 12495664 Red I salute you
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 03:27:55  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Close to 4%? What you think the game rounds up like your elementary school teacher taught?
95%/91.5%=3.825% increase
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-03 03:29:17  
ACC Damage increase:

Added Hit Rate/Current Hit Rate*100 = Damage Increase

3.5/91.5= 3.825

closer to 4 than 3.5!

Got that formula strait from Tigerwoods.

EDIT: Damn you Night :<

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-03 03:32:42  
Your reply sucked.

Also: straight*
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-03 03:38:51  
I got that. It still sucked.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Avelle
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-08-03 04:09:29  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Avelle said:
It had less to do with Failure leading and more to do with killing it fast and doing something else. Bringing a "tank" to DI is meh, DD's are just going to rip it off anyways. We just bring a bunch of DD/NIN's and go to town on it, nothing special.
Fair enough, was a poor choice of words to just state it that way.

Oh believe me, like you said Fail has a huge hardon for Sams. He's recently been cotanking Tiamat with me as Sam/Nin and it works surprisingly well, though I did have a good laugh when he got double attacked and countered while Mighty Strikes was up and he got destroyed. :P
[+]
 Sylph.Fallon
サーバ: Sylph
user: Fallon614
By Sylph.Fallon 2010-08-03 04:34:48  
@ Mankey
Why are you trolling on steel cyclone so hard, its obvious you have no idea of how to build a set for it just shutup and let people talk about the axe they prefer for it