Nerfing Abyssea Exp?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Nerfing Abyssea Exp?
Nerfing Abyssea Exp?
First Page 2
 Valefor.Archeron
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Valefor.Archeron 2010-07-21 05:45:06  
Just called Maintenance on Valefor for abyssea-la thiene.

Think there gonna nerf expz?

A BLM friend of mine said yesterday they'd got to 5 hours and still onry 370/kill. Do we know yet whether there set up was bad//unlucky? Or are SEnix really killing the only good thing they've made in ages?? D:
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-21 05:52:47  
too many threads on soo many forums...

update was for:
Square said:

[Important Update Details]
- A counter measure was implemented for the screen blackout issue which may occur during the event in "Crossroads of Time" mission which plays after winning the battlefield of "A Nation on the Brink" mission.

- A counter measure was implemented for the screen blackout issue which may occur during the event for "Embers of His Past" and "The Prince and the Hopper" quests.
*To address these issues, a location which allow players to view the past events has been moved from Aht Urhgan Whitegate to Wajaom Woodlands.

bugger all to do with Abyssea :)

[edit] that was for yesterdays.. didnt know there was one in an hour sorry im at work (in body only).

it's likely they just broke something on the one zone it happens. meh

Cerberus.Heavendragon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-07-21 05:54:08  
Yes they changed something on Exp system. You have to kill first a lot of mobs before they give exp/cruor. After they repop they start to give exp/cruor.

Thats what i saw yesterday in Abyssea. We fought Lizards.
 Valefor.Archeron
By Valefor.Archeron 2010-07-21 05:54:30  
Is this for yesterdays maintenance, or the one that is starting in an hour?
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-21 05:54:38  
Does it not appear stupid to you to ask if they're nerfing abyssea exp when there is maintenance on only one of the three zones?

Seeing dozens of these abyssea threads everytime some form of maintenance is called is getting old.
[+]
 Valefor.Archeron
By Valefor.Archeron 2010-07-21 05:55:22  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Does it not appear stupid to you to ask if they're nerfing abyssea exp when there is maintenance on only one of the three zones?

Seeing dozens of these abyssea threads everytime some form of maintenance is called is getting old.

No it doesnt seem stupid, as they may be doing one zone at a time. So, no it doesn't.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-21 05:57:20  
Yeah, that doesn't sound like a stupid theory at all.
[+]
 Valefor.Archeron
By Valefor.Archeron 2010-07-21 05:58:31  
Glad you agree.
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-07-21 06:00:00  
lol. i told you what they changed and no one recognised it? Hmmm...
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-21 06:00:41  
its more likely they broken something in the zone or "flushing" it rather than nerfing it.

they wouldnt do it zone by zone.. because it'd make the other zones more populated thus causing their servers to have to cope with mroe people in a certain zone so wouldnt make good business/game sense to do such a thing.

"HAI lets close one zone nerf the exp so everyone goes to antoher zone with high exp's until we close them down" - i know SE are dumb.. but pretty much try break their own server.. i doubt

heavendragon ... ive seen that before on lizards where u get from 0, 7 etc exp on them til repops.. dnt know how that works but no one else i know has seen that issue change since any updates
 Valefor.Archeron
By Valefor.Archeron 2010-07-21 06:00:57  
Sorry heaven, but i know there are a few mobs liek that that were already that way, so im not sure thats the case,
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-07-21 06:10:58  
Cerberus.Heavendragon said:
Yes they changed something on Exp system. You have to kill first a lot of mobs before they give exp/cruor. After they repop they start to give exp/cruor.

That is not a change, it has always been this way.
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-07-21 06:17:48  
Odin.Chazzyphizzle said:
Yes they changed something on Exp system. You have to kill first a lot of mobs before they give exp/cruor. After they repop they start to give exp/cruor. Thats what i saw yesterday in Abyssea. We fought Lizards.

No it wasnt. Made a run last week to in same area and we started with first mob and got exp/cruor
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-21 06:21:41  
yes it has! lol ive been on puks (as one example) straight away giving 0 exp about 5 times then got EXP.. ive also done puks where i got EXP straight away.

its just game mechanics..

3 people all from different servers say its always been like that ..
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-21 06:31:55  
Always has been like that, people needs to stop freaking the *** out over every little maintenance and crying over something they are not going to nerf in anyway, they've already said they made it for the purpose of having fun.

We don't need a new topic every god damn time there is a emergency maintenance or a zone maintenance "OMG NERF NERF NERF DERP DERP DERP"

As I type this, there is zone maintenance on la-theine abyssea.

[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-21 06:45:52  
Odin.Chazzyphizzle said:
Yes they changed something on Exp system. You have to kill first a lot of mobs before they give exp/cruor. After they repop they start to give exp/cruor. Thats what i saw yesterday in Abyssea. We fought Lizards.

No it wasnt. Made a run last week to in same area and we started with first mob and got exp/cruor

Yes, Yes it was.

When abyssea first came out almost every mob was DC~T to 75, Every Maint. Resets mob levels, you just never noticed it because by the time you even knew Abyssea existed exp parties had been raping mobs so that just about all of them have Respawned in the IT to 80 area.

The mobs in Abyssea get stronger as they are defeated and respawn.

If Abyssea was going to be nerfed it would have been done by now, whens the last time something GOOD happened to this game that wasn't IMMEDIATELY Nerfed if it wasn't intended?

Rest assured if they wanted to nerf Abyssea exp, it'd be a Server-wide Maint, booting us from the game for at least 5 hours just to add insult to injury.

Edit: Also to your original post, you won't get a single exp over i think 350(?) Without finding treasures chests that Enhance "GOLD" light or "EBON" light, as those two raise exp values over the soft cap, nothing else does.

(Ebon increases all light a small emount)
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-21 07:34:45  
Ok, not bothering to read past like the third post or whichever quoted the update notes.

Abyssea XP has not been gimped. After maintenance the mobs reset. This means the mobs must be killed again for them to become IT and give good XP.

Give it time, folks. Today - or tomorrow at the latest - you'll be getting your uber XP chains again.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-07-21 07:39:53  
Odin.Chazzyphizzle said:

Yeh.. ive always gotten EXP from every mob, even the first ones. =/ Ive never heard anyone say you dont get exp/crour for the first bunch...
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-21 07:40:47  
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Give it time, folks.

I always find it funny how paranoid people get! "Oh ***! Maintenance! They're gonna screw us over somehow!"
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-21 07:41:18  
Fairy.Spence said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Give it time, folks.

I always find it funny how paranoid people get! "Oh ***! Maintenance! They're gonna screw us over somehow!"
Yup.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kiroo
user: Kiroo
By Ramuh.Kiroo 2010-07-21 08:13:00  
I was in with a group of 5 and we got exp/cruor off every kill starting with the 1st, that was before yesterdays update.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-21 08:20:29  
deja vu...

think this thread is going in circles
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-21 08:25:07  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
deja vu...

think this thread is going in circles
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-21 08:34:18  
its obvious everyone in this thread fights there own abyssea mobs and other ppl on the server that operate in different time zones dont exist

thus the ability to get exp on first mob they kill

problem solved

Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-21 08:41:59  
I just complain out of fake peccismism.. >.>;; I haven't gotten to party in abyssea yet. I bought it last week and have been too busy with work to play. I just want an uber party. ;_____;
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-07-21 08:54:36  
Exp isnt broken at all...

Think there gonna nerf expz?

A BLM friend of mine said yesterday they'd got to 5 hours and still onry 370/kill. Do we know yet whether there set up was bad//unlucky?

You need to drop Red chests with Golden light inside in order to boost your exp...

Did it immediatly after the maint? the mobs was prolly DC when you fought them...and this is why they dint gave any exp.

Anyway, just got out of an abyssea party, was BRD73 when entered, now im BRD75 almost 76, capped exp at 550 as lvl75 >.> so no probs at all.

EDIT: dont know why first quote dint worked, just erased it :p
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-21 09:00:59  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ok, not bothering to read past like the third post or whichever quoted the update notes.

Abyssea XP has not been gimped. After maintenance the mobs reset. This means the mobs must be killed again for them to become IT and give good XP.

Give it time, folks. Today - or tomorrow at the latest - you'll be getting your uber XP chains again.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-21 09:01:46  
If you are a lower level job, you will not get exp/cruor for many kills.

Were you on a lower job Heaven? If so, that would explain it.
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-07-21 09:05:25  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
If you are a lower level job, you will not get exp/cruor for many kills.

Were you on a lower job Heaven? If so, that would explain it.

Not really, you wont get exp if you're lv ~35...which would be a surprise :D but if he was with ls mate leeching^^
By Brono 2010-07-21 09:14:25  
some people are also HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in the form that if you actually scroll the freak up you will see that you got exp even if it was like 2 at start. The exp seem to show way earlier then the chat log shows the mob being defeated. scroll up and look i am sure your *** got the exp and you just didn't notice the ***.
First Page 2