@War 80 Which Set Is Better To TP In?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » @War 80 which set is better to TP in?
@War 80 which set is better to TP in?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-27 09:14:54  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
If you mean is it possible to change then yes, toss the ring and talk to the guy in Upper Jeuno Tavern. First time is instant, after that you'd need to wait 30 Days if you toss it again. (Don't toss Rajas!)
Thank you, didn't know you could change the ring once you got it. I'm definitely leaning towards this way, just need to find a replacement for my PLD.

Well I don't know what part of the ring you want to replace, I assume enmity? You might already have a Hercules ring so Mermaid's or that new +4 Enmity ring would suffice. If you aren't capping recast then Blitz/Herc would be good for Flash.
VIT is only really useful for Rampart and there's +6 Rings available now. For HP swaps Bloodbead/BQR/Some new ring are pretty awesome.
Yeah it's the enmity part I would need to replace. Got hercules already. Need another enmity ring that's not crazy to get.

Bahamut.Moehre said:
You can also do Lizards+Raptors in Kuftal Tunnel. In both places, you will surely find fellow adventurers on the Lizard killing spree ;)

From Wiki:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dawn
Quote:
If you discard your CoP ring, you will be able to obtain one of the three rings by revisiting the Marble Bridge. If you happen to drop the ring the same day as obtaining it, you will need to wait until JST Midnight once again before the cutscene will play. If the ring is discarded again, you must wait 27 real life days before you will be able to once again choose and obtain another ring.
If you have discarded your CoP ring for a second time you MUST check the Marble Bridge door to activate the timer.

Hope it helps ^^

Haha! Firesday day just ended. Went to Cape Terrigan, partied up with 4 JPs, and got 65 kills for the day. Just need 35 more which will happen at 4:45pm EST later today (next firesday).

And yeah for the ring, thanks. Means I can change it once before having to wait 27 days. Just got to find a suitable enmity replacement ring. (Have Hercules)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 09:17:25  
Mermaid's ring is realllllly cheap now.
 Bahamut.Moehre
サーバ: Bahamut
user: moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-07-27 09:17:36  
mermaid is easy to find in AH. Not gooooorgeous, but more than enough till you get what you want ;)
 Cerberus.Oblit
サーバ: Cerberus
user: oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-07-27 09:59:59  
My new TP set:

Aggressor down:
Fire bomblet
Peacock amulet
Zilant ring
Cuchulain's mantle

Improvements:
Better weapon
Bullwhip belt
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-27 10:04:34  
Ares for Agressor up? (Dunno if you have it)
 Cerberus.Oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-07-27 10:23:17  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Is:
Ares cuirass/Peacock amulet/Fire bomblet/Cuchulain's mantle/Zilant ring

Better than:
Adaman hauberk/Fortitude torque/Bomb core/Cerberus mantle +1/Blitz ring?

I don't feel like counting stats, you tell me.
I have easy access to Ares body and I have the gil to upgrade it, I was giving away Ares bodies to people that cant even equip them(lvl 50 WARs?) or sell them.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-27 10:28:10  
Bahamut.Moehre said:
mermaid is easy to find in AH. Not gooooorgeous, but more than enough till you get what you want ;)
Cool thanks. Guess I'll grab one of those until I can get an Odium Ring. Neither of which are in stock atm, but mermaids is only 10-15k lol
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-27 12:32:17  
Cerberus.Oblit said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Is:

Better than:

I have easy access to Ares body and I have the gil to upgrade it, I was giving away Ares bodies to people that cant even equip them(lvl 50 WARs?) or sell them.

Well with those swaps no, you'd drop a lot of attack and 1% Haste. If you ever cap accuracy though (I dunno if you do with Pizza/Agg) then Ares' would pull ahead of Ebody in your first set.
[+]
 Cerberus.Oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-07-27 15:54:38  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Cerberus.Oblit said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Is:

Better than:

Well with those swaps no, you'd drop a lot of attack and 1% Haste. If you ever cap accuracy though (I dunno if you do with Pizza/Agg) then Ares' would pull ahead of Ebody in your first set.

Red curry buns only. Total gain from Ebody to Ares is STR+2 ATT+10~. But you lose DEX+10 ACC+23-24.

Ares body is hard to justify, hate it when people claim they have capped accuracy, but they use Fire bomblet/Cuchu mantle/PCC/Acc ring with Ares body.

When its obvious that Bomb core/Forager's/STR or ATT neck/STR ring or blitz with Ebody is a better combo.
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2010-07-27 16:12:45  
Get Aesir Mantle, 1/2% DA can never hurt for TP. I personally stick with Perle Hands, sold my NQ Dusk gloves because 1% haste wasn't worth item slot and macro line. That's just me though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 16:36:09  
The guy has Dusk+1 gloves and you're basically saying 2% > 3%.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2010-07-27 16:49:39  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:

I'm saying macro line, inventory space > 1% haste. I know what the difference is but console macro lines blow. My world hasn't gone to shite because of that 1% haste, so I am not overly worried lol And I saw he only he had NQs gloves, maybe he upgraded and I didn't read that.
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-27 16:55:51  
Lakshmi.Kolvar said:

I'm saying macro line, inventory space > 1% haste. I know what the difference is but console macro lines blow. My world hasn't gone to shite because of that 1% haste, so I am not overly worried lol And I saw he only he had NQs gloves, maybe he upgraded and I didn't read that.

While you are right about consoles getting the rough end of the stick when it comes to macros.

But this is a discussion about optimising gear which shouldn't be influenced by the inconvenience of macros.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-28 19:34:05  
Ok there was finally a mermaid's ring on AH today so I dropped my Sattva ring today and got the Rajas ring. You guys better be right or... or you owe me enough gil to buy an Odium Ring :P
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-07-28 19:46:33  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ok there was finally a mermaid's ring on AH today so I dropped my Sattva ring today and got the Rajas ring. You guys better be right or... or you owe me enough gil to buy an Odium Ring :P

You just saved a kitten's life.
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-28 20:05:23  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

you can build some awesome tp sets for your pld and war now.
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-07-29 14:41:04  
Lakshmi.Kolvar said:

Why don't you throw out some of that awful stuff in your equip history, keep dusk, and be better?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-30 21:54:02  
I have 3 more beasts to kill in the morning then move on to 250 bombs. I see Ifrit's Cauldron is the place to go for bombs, but my question is can anyone tell me on what map and location is the Volcanic Gas camp at?
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-07-31 02:41:58  
Lakshmi.Kolvar said:
Get Aesir Mantle, 1/2% DA can never hurt for TP. I personally stick with Perle Hands, sold my NQ Dusk gloves because 1% haste wasn't worth item slot and macro line. That's just me though.

That was the only intelligent thing that you said.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-31 17:22:39  
Valefor.Argettio said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
i <3 my rajas+blitz on PLD for atonement spam always macros for everything else ('.')b but for OP set3 swap dusk feet to aurum or perle

Back before the level cap was raised, on ‘HNMs’ (land kings, CoP Wyrms, DI etc) PLD couldn’t cap accuracy even with sushi, I did some maths for someone on this forum (I forget who) and basically showed that you need a very hit rate (read 91%+) for blitz to beat a 7 acc ring, which wasn’t possible at the time.

I don’t know much about the accuracy requirements for mobs these days, but unless you have over 90% hit rate I would stick with and acc ring for PLD TP.

i dont do HNMs and tend to stick to dorado sushi +1 for enmity/acc
makes great atonement spam, and my idle TP build looks like so

updated calc puts it at 462.2 total acc with food
the certain NMs that require more shield or MDB etc i have different idle sets for to take less dmg and use diff food for(jol,yilbegan,ultima etc), but majority of the things i tank i do so in this set
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-02 03:11:21  
Finally after almost 2 weeks of work:

Fenrir.Mankey
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-02 04:00:09  
I see a Hecatomb body in a WAR's inventory... hopefully just town gear but ! since Rajas your TP build has improved ten fold and Axe isn't, nothing special but better then previous options
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-02 04:10:55  
Your HP is 1337 :D
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-02 04:24:39  
Fenrir.Mankey said:
I see a Hecatomb body in a WAR's inventory... hopefully just town gear but ! since Rajas your TP build has improved ten fold and Axe isn't, nothing special but better then previous options
Hecatomb is for WS lol! As for the GA, what's a better option? Aside from the other one that's ridiculously hard to get, really? nothing special?
Beats perdu, has the effect of foolkiller without latent...

Shiva.Daimos said:
Your HP is 1337 :D
I only noticed that after I posted it xD
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-02 04:26:39  
Please don't RR in Hecatomb harness...

As for KJ, I'm on the fence as to which is better between it and berk(+1)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-02 04:39:20  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Please don't RR in Hecatomb harness...

As for KJ, I'm on the fence as to which is better between it and berk(+1)
RR does more dmg in hecatomb though...

I've done both enough times to see RR hits for way more dmg with heca body/feet/hands.
Like 800-900 vs 1.4k-2k

I'm open to hear your explanation though.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-02 04:45:51  
Well, before everything went topsy-turvy, the goal for a good RR build was 117 Dex to cap dDEX on lolibri. Of course this was mainly just for meriting, and mobs around merit level material.

Also, Raging Rush when compared to KJ (if you have both to utilize) is best used when Berserk/agressor is down, requiring more acc in the build, leaving KJ to only be used in high attack situations.
Reason being, when a critical hit occurs on RR, less attack is needed to cap pDIF (critical hits increasing pDIF by 1.0)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-02 04:56:36  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Well, before everything went topsy-turvy, the goal for a good RR build was 117 Dex to cap dDEX on lolibri. Of course this was mainly just for meriting, and mobs around merit level material.

Also, Raging Rush when compared to KJ (if you have both to utilize) is best used when Berserk/agressor is down, requiring more acc in the build, leaving KJ to only be used in high attack situations.
Reason being, when a critical hit occurs on RR, less attack is needed to cap pDIF (critical hits increasing pDIF by 1.0)

Idk the 2nd part, don't have KJ, but as for dex there's a 5 dex difference between what I ws in now versus keeping the hauberk. Whereas there is an increase of 7 str using body.

Acc is the same, so it basically boils down to trading 5 dex for 7 str. With a 35% str mod, I would think str would win.

I could see keeping the body when aggressor is down.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-02 05:01:02  
It really just depends on the mob, and if you are in the dDEX range for the 5 dex to benefit you or not.

Since most mob's AGI is widely unknown, it's hard to gear for a crit build on most things.

Accuracy wise, they are NOT the same.

Heca has 10.

Hauberk has 10 + .75*5 = 13.75
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-08-02 05:08:14  
your gonna have a hard time maintaining a 6hit with the delay on that Gax :x,

Vermeil Bhuj is the way to go imo.
its slightly better than the new high base ToM GAXE.

ToM 504 Base GAXE -
Maschu DMG: 106 Delay 504 lvl 80

vs,

Vermeil Bhuj DMG: 104 Delay 504 STR+8 add effect : amnesia

8str = 2fstr so they pretty much even out on dps, but the str on the weapon itself actually increases ws dmg by a nice chunk.
with a 504 Delay Great axe you only need +7 stp war/sam to maintain a 6hit build.

as for the sattva ring replacement you could also look into getting a corneus ring dropped by T3 VNM Orcus. Vit+6 emnity+2