@War 80 Which Set Is Better To TP In?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » @War 80 which set is better to TP in?
@War 80 which set is better to TP in?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-25 03:48:25  
I got another question, decided to toss it in here rather than creating a new thread.

I'm on Trial 381 atm, and was wondering if they mean birds as in these or would the whole set count; cockatrices, giant bats, Colibri, etc.?
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-07-25 03:55:31  
All birds in the Bird Superfamily count. I did Apkallu for mine
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-25 04:19:07  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Cool, thanks. I'll probably just go to Rancor then and solo bats or something since I need fire weather/firesday.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-07-25 04:30:13  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Cool, thanks. I'll probably just go to Rancor then and solo bats or something since I need fire weather/firesday.

I did Apkallu cause most people fight in Mount Z. on firesday lol you can do Colibri in thickets as well on firesday. It's better honestly to wait just for Firesday instead of weather since weather is so unpredictable.. I waited for fires weather in Mount Z. and it lasted long enough for me to fight 1 Wamoura :(
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-25 12:13:42  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

I did Apkallu cause most people fight in Mount Z. on firesday lol you can do Colibri in thickets as well on firesday. It's better honestly to wait just for Firesday instead of weather since weather is so unpredictable.. I waited for fires weather in Mount Z. and it lasted long enough for me to fight 1 Wamoura :(

75 Birds, then 100 Lizards. Not too bad since I know birds means a lot more now. After those though, I'm dreading 200 Wamouras. All trials during fire weather/firesday until the end now.

Even worse I figure oh Mount Z, surely there will be plenty of fire weather there, lol. You just reminded me of the fun I have to look forward to. :P
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-25 12:33:23  
Oh I just want to clarify something:

Based purely on stats alone (meaning for WAR only, not taking into account other jobs) Hauberk +1 Vs Haubergeon +1:

Hauberk+1:
STR+6 DEX+6 Accuracy+12 Attack+12 Evasion-10
Cost: 300,000 gil

Haubergeon +1:
STR+6 DEX+6 AGI-5 Accuracy+12 Attack+12 Evasion-20
Cost: 1,000,000 gil

Definitely going to grab me a Hauberk+1 now.
 Unicorn.Celestius
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-07-26 21:16:21  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Full Perle gives 14% total haste with set bonus. Turban + NQ dusk gloves + Kitty pants + NQ dusk boots/Aurum boots add up to a total of 15% haste. 16% if you're within Unicorn latent on boots. Overall, mixed set with kitty pants is best unless you're in a situation where accuracy becomes an issue. In which case, go for full Perle.
What he said.. If you're using an A+ weapon.. Accuracy shouldn't be an issue..
Plus there's always pizza ^.^ Now if only SE would give it to us by the slice... /dream

Pizza? They must serve that on the bandwagon. Since the question was about TP, try spaghetti since it is the TP+ food.
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-26 21:31:53  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

2. Can't get Raja's, got Sattva Ring for my PLD instead

Just saw this. Toss Sattva, its trash compared to rajas.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-26 22:00:26  
Alexander.Nepharite said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Opinion. Sattva is a great ring for PLD and if he wants to maximize his PLD more than his WAR then he has every right to.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-26 22:02:36  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
So I made 3 possible setups to TP in and it seems full Perle provides the most haste and acc. How can this be true? I just got my Byakko's Haidate and now it's of no use?

*Reminder this is for War only*

Perle only provides more Haste for Homam jobs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-26 22:36:17  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Opinion. Sattva is a great ring for PLD and if he wants to maximize his PLD more than his WAR then he has every right to.

...Really now?

We just recently had this thread too: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/12293/rajas-vs-sattva/

Rajas ring gives you the most benefits. It's not just from the STR+5 and DEX+5, but particularly from the StoreTP+5, which is crucial for most builds in order to shave off a hit to 100% TP, therefore increasing things such as WS frequency. Great for WAR for obvious reasons, and great for PLD for building TP for Atonement. (Taking you 1 less hit to get to 100% TP)

Sattva ring can be replaced more easily using macros/gear swaps appropriately.

Shiva.Khimaira said:
if he wants to maximize his PLD more than his WAR then he has every right to.

Sure, he can do whatever he wants;however, he could maximize both by getting Rajas ring, but either way... honest advice: best way to maximize his PLD, or any job for that matter, would be to learn to use macros and gear swaps appropriately.

Rajas is a better ring. Just saying.
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-26 22:41:59  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

lol yeah, sattva > rajas if you don't macro any at all.

thats the only time its debatable.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-26 22:48:58  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

No it isn't. A TP set is part of a PLDs gear, and needs a lot more gear to make it worthwhile. Rajas does this. Sattva offers no full time benefit at all. Prior to update there were other enmity rings, like Hercules' and Mermaids, now there's a +4 ring. Could get 5VIT now 6VIT rings for Rampart, AGI is lol, and there are other HP+ rings. It had no uses aside from 3 enmity in a Rampart macro.
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-26 22:53:26  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

No it isn't. A TP set is part of a PLDs gear, and needs a lot more gear to make it worthwhile. Rajas does this. Sattva offers no full time benefit at all. Prior to update there were other enmity rings, like Hercules' and Mermaids, now there's a +4 ring. Could get 5VIT now 6VIT rings for Rampart, AGI is lol, and there are other HP+ rings. It had no uses aside from 3 enmity in a Rampart macro.

btw if you don't macro any at all on pld, your a lazy pld.

pld shouldn't your main job if your going to be lazy at it, so thats another reason to not get sattva.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-07-27 00:06:13  
You are not maximizing PLD by getting a sattva, you are saving inventory space, there is a difference.
 Leviathan.Aneu
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-27 00:24:21  
I forgot Sattva exists...
[+]
 Unicorn.Meekon
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Meekon
By Unicorn.Meekon 2010-07-27 04:31:59  
I use this set for TP:

and this set for RR:

I have no Sea WS gorget due to sheer laziness.

Would be interested in any pointers for improving my gear sets.

Ta
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 04:34:50  
I'd change the unicorn feet to Aurum or Dusk personally since I'm not always in white HP for the latent on unicorn. Fire bomblet, blitz ring and peacock charm for TP.

Edit: Perle feet are great too.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-27 04:35:53  
Sea gorget/Blitz are the ones that stand out to me. Can't comment on WS set much.
 Bahamut.Moehre
サーバ: Bahamut
user: moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-07-27 04:45:30  
Leviathan.Chaosx75 said:
Birds, then 100 Lizards. Not too bad since I know birds means a lot more now. After those though, I'm dreading 200 Wamouras.

I'm currently helping my husband with the same set mobs, for H2H trial. We trioed Lesser Colibris in WG (2 DRG and PUP), and it was piece of cake. The Ley Point is a great place to be because you never run out of pops (unless of course you have a big party ^^). If you do it solo, it's great because they don't link or mirror magic. Sky is an option, but they are tougher and one might forget that pots agro magic *cough*. Just do it on Firesday.

Lizard we did it in Cape Teriggan (also on Firesday, no patience to wait for weather). Someone made the /shout at 00:00 "Trial Lizard, do you need it?". Ended up in an alliance of 9 people who cleared up 97 lizards in that hour... Could have finished the trial were it not for the respawn time.

Wamouras... meh, haven't started that one yet. But I'm aiming to BLM + PUP with BLM puppet duo in Halvung. No idea how that will turn out. Maybe we find someone else doing same trial and we end up on an nice alliance. Good luck :)

EDIT: Ähem... no idea what happened with the quotes -.- sorry about that
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-27 07:12:18  
@ the people debating sattva vs rajas.

Sattva does not maximise PLD, in fact if does less for PLD than rajas does.

PLD these days should be using a joytoy and spamming atonment (i think we can all agree about this)

Rajas provides around a 5% increase in WS, around a 2% increase in DoT

Sattva (used only for JAs and atonment) gives the same amount of emnity as Hercules' Ring, which should be pared with Odium Ring in the other slot (we are talking about maximising PLD, so assume the best).

HP has its uses for PLD (rarely), so I will consider that; there are 3 rings that give more HP, 1 gives the same HP and 2-3 that give 20+.

So the question boils down to; 30HP, lolVIT/lolAGI and 1 inv slot or 5%+ increase in global damage.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-27 07:21:52  
i <3 my rajas+blitz on PLD for atonement spam

always macros for everything else ('.')b

but for OP set3 swap dusk feet to aurum or perle
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-27 07:40:20  
Can I get a Rajas ring even though I already got Sattva? If so how?

Bahamut.Moehre said:
Leviathan.Chaosx75 said:
Birds, then 100 Lizards. Not too bad since I know birds means a lot more now. After those though, I'm dreading 200 Wamouras.

I'm currently helping my husband with the same set mobs, for H2H trial. We trioed Lesser Colibris in WG (2 DRG and PUP), and it was piece of cake. The Ley Point is a great place to be because you never run out of pops (unless of course you have a big party ^^). If you do it solo, it's great because they don't link or mirror magic. Sky is an option, but they are tougher and one might forget that pots agro magic *cough*. Just do it on Firesday.

Lizard we did it in Cape Teriggan (also on Firesday, no patience to wait for weather). Someone made the /shout at 00:00 "Trial Lizard, do you need it?". Ended up in an alliance of 9 people who cleared up 97 lizards in that hour... Could have finished the trial were it not for the respawn time.

Wamouras... meh, haven't started that one yet. But I'm aiming to BLM + PUP with BLM puppet duo in Halvung. No idea how that will turn out. Maybe we find someone else doing same trial and we end up on an nice alliance. Good luck :)

Ended up meeting a mnk in sky who had to kill 600 birds. From start to finish on one firesday we got 51 kills. Went back next firesday and finished with a pup. I liked sky cause the repops are really fast.

Also just starting lizards and even though Cape Terrigan is usually crowded, I just saw the Skinks count too. So hopefully some ppl will have the sense to team up.

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 07:43:16  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Can I get a Rajas ring even though I already got Sattva? If so how?

Bahamut.Moehre said:
Leviathan.Chaosx75 said:

Ended up meeting a mnk in sky who had to kill 600 birds. From start to finish on one firesday we got 51 kills. Went back next firesday and finished with a pup. I liked sky cause the repops are really fast.

Also just starting lizards and even though Cape Terrigan is usually crowded, I just saw the Skinks count too. So hopefully some ppl will have the sense to team up.

What people are saying is this: Toss Sattva, get Rajas.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-27 07:44:38  
If you mean is it possible to change then yes, toss the ring and talk to the guy in Upper Jeuno Tavern. First time is instant, after that you'd need to wait 30 Days if you toss it again. (Don't toss Rajas!)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 07:46:41  
I think someone tossed their ring, got a restore from GM and got another ring (since they tossed one) from quest and had both. Would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to waste restore on that though.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-27 07:56:28  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
If you mean is it possible to change then yes, toss the ring and talk to the guy in Upper Jeuno Tavern. First time is instant, after that you'd need to wait 30 Days if you toss it again. (Don't toss Rajas!)
Thank you, didn't know you could change the ring once you got it. I'm definitely leaning towards this way, just need to find a replacement for my PLD.
 Bahamut.Moehre
サーバ: Bahamut
user: moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-07-27 07:57:47  
You can also do Lizards+Raptors in Kuftal Tunnel. In both places, you will surely find fellow adventurers on the Lizard killing spree ;)

From Wiki:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dawn
Quote:
If you discard your CoP ring, you will be able to obtain one of the three rings by revisiting the Marble Bridge. If you happen to drop the ring the same day as obtaining it, you will need to wait until JST Midnight once again before the cutscene will play. If the ring is discarded again, you must wait 27 real life days before you will be able to once again choose and obtain another ring.
If you have discarded your CoP ring for a second time you MUST check the Marble Bridge door to activate the timer.

Hope it helps ^^
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-27 08:06:37  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
i <3 my rajas+blitz on PLD for atonement spam always macros for everything else ('.')b but for OP set3 swap dusk feet to aurum or perle

Back before the level cap was raised, on ‘HNMs’ (land kings, CoP Wyrms, DI etc) PLD couldn’t cap accuracy even with sushi, I did some maths for someone on this forum (I forget who) and basically showed that you need a very hit rate (read 91%+) for blitz to beat a 7 acc ring, which wasn’t possible at the time.

I don’t know much about the accuracy requirements for mobs these days, but unless you have over 90% hit rate I would stick with and acc ring for PLD TP.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-27 08:30:11  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Thank you, didn't know you could change the ring once you got it. I'm definitely leaning towards this way, just need to find a replacement for my PLD.

Well I don't know what part of the ring you want to replace, I assume enmity? You might already have a Hercules ring so Mermaid's or that new +4 Enmity ring would suffice. If you aren't capping recast then Blitz/Herc would be good for Flash.
VIT is only really useful for Rampart and there's +6 Rings available now. For HP swaps Bloodbead/BQR/Some new ring are pretty awesome.
[+]