What Do You Think About CoP Fights Caps Being Lifted?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What do you think about CoP fights caps being lifted?
What do you think about CoP fights caps being lifted?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Chaosgod
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: chaosgod
By Shiva.Chaosgod 2010-06-22 07:14:14  
In my opion i'm angry, because i've spent quite a while getting to "Dawn" and spent alot of money on items, like 6-4 airship fight, now to find that with the cap's being lifted, you can duo/trio the fights, what do you thing about this?
[+]
 Cerberus.Hiryo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-06-22 07:16:34  
:D
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-22 07:18:32  
Old content is old. About time they made CoP less of a time sink.
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-06-22 07:19:57  
Well the challange for the most part is now gone, It will now let ppl finnish COP, I still know a few ppl who have issuse getting ppl to spend a few hours doing promies let alone vazul, the air ship fight, Or Oyru

So yeah i think its a good thing now for ppl who need it,
but at the same time Its like "Where was this when I was doing it?!"

All be it i'm 1/1~1/2 on most if not all cop fights. only had issues with Mea :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2010-06-22 07:25:55  
I think it's great, at least for me, because every one of my friends have quit, I play alone, can't find a decent shell that cares about it's people enuf to help without a reward, and therefore have been stuck on 4-2 for almost 5 years... ***at this point i'd have to rep[lay the damn cutscenes just to refresh my memory on the storyline XD
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-22 07:33:42  
This may be a dumb question, but what about the ENMs? Are they still capped? (30's, 40's, and 50's)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-22 07:34:33  
I don't understand really why people are getting all huffy about it.. Just seems like people are (as usual) just looking for a reason to ***..

I just got finished doing CoPs from Prommy's up to Sea just a few weeks ago, invested plenty of time and a good chunk of change into it, don't see me getting all upset about it.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Zythum
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Zythum
By Gilgamesh.Zythum 2010-06-22 07:34:42  
So many people left the game already, there are no /shout in wg anymore (75% -at least- are to get a teleport/D2/retrace...). COP needed a solid teamwork, they definitely had to do something, plus they had to make the game more accessible so more people don't leave. COP is now a formality, still a bit sad it seems so easy now. By keeping people on FFXI, they also increase the potential number of people that will go to XIV.

PS: i paid my hagun 2.7M like 1.5 years ago, some people paid their SH 4M years ago. cuchu mantle dropped from 5M to less than 3M in like 2 months. That's how it goes and this update will finish the job.
By Zekko 2010-06-22 07:35:02  
Just making the game easier for casuals.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-22 07:35:16  
Fairy.Spence said:
This may be a dumb question, but what about the ENMs? Are they still capped? (30's, 40's, and 50's)

That would fall under Battlefield, and if I read right and am remembering right, Battlefields are still going to be capped to what they were before the update.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-22 07:37:13  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Fairy.Spence said:

That would fall under Battlefield, and if I read right and am remembering right, Battlefields are still going to be capped to what they were before the update.

Ah, cheers
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2010-06-22 07:38:49  
i think its great...ive been stuck on 4.2 for awhile,shouts dont happan anymore. i juss finished farming my scales,ill be slaying that punk dragon in the morning solo =D
 Asura.Alymorel
サーバ: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-22 07:47:14  
In my personal opinion, I'm glad they raised the level. I mean I know many worked hard for what they got and they should feel accomplished, they do have a right to brag. Turn it around to someone in my shoes though, who try for months and months and months to try to make any progress through it, it's tiring and frustrating. No one wants to help. Now, don't get me wrong, I know this is an MMO, multi-player, but there are tons of other activities that require teamwork and such, CoP no longer needed to be one of them. I just want to finally be done with it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-06-22 07:59:33  
Shiva.Chaosgod said:
In my opion i'm angry, because i've spent quite a while getting to "Dawn" and spent alot of money on items, like 6-4 airship fight, now to find that with the cap's being lifted, you can duo/trio the fights, what do you thing about this?
It's pointless to be mad at your misfortune for having to finish CoP without the convenience of uncapped levels. But don't *** just because you want everyone else to put in the same amount of work.
 Phoenix.Lazuras
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-06-22 08:06:03  
I went out and farmed up 14 subligars and 6 fomor codex for my LS, all solo, was awesome.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-22 13:01:06  
i'm more interested to know whether the STR/DEX for the rajas will continue to scale up as we continue to level past 75
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-22 13:02:16  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i'm more interested to know whether the STR/DEX for the rajas will continue to scale up as we continue to level past 75
I doubt it.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-22 13:06:26  
The way my ls was out exploring the promy areas yesterday, was kinda fun to watch.

I kinda wish they'd left the actual mission fights as is though. Takes the challenge out of it.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-22 13:21:27  
I for one am happy. Trying to get a group together to complete old content that most have already done isn't always easy. Shouting for days just to end up failing a fight and everyone giving up is no offset by us being able to solo/duo the majority of the missions. This is a good thing se has done.
 Odin.Mikumaru
サーバ: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-22 13:21:37  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Old content is old. About time they made CoP less of a time sink.
Cheers to this ^^
Fairy.Blackmist said:
Well the challange for the most part is now gone, It will now let ppl finnish COP, I still know a few ppl who have issuse getting ppl to spend a few hours doing promies let alone vazul, the air ship fight, Or Oyru So yeah i think its a good thing now for ppl who need it, but at the same time Its like "Where was this when I was doing it?!" All be it i'm 1/1~1/2 on most if not all cop fights. only had issues with Mea :P
This too .

CoP is old and its impossible for new players to get thru it as it was . 1.5 Yrs to get to 4-2 is sad . No one shouts and if you can get a group together its 50/50 . Uncapping it makes its more accessable . ZM is no where near the "Time SInk" CoP was . Ppl for what ever reason are more inclined to help on ZM , probly because they dont suck anywhere near what the CoP process was .

Phoenix.Lazuras said:
I went out and farmed up 14 subligars and 6 fomor codex for my LS, all solo, was awesome.
This is another grerat example of good change . Old content made new again . ^^
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-22 13:22:45  
To the OP: Not being a jerk or anything, but isn't it just plain obvious? to the ppl who didn't have cop, much like myself who had to do it the hard way, this will make the game a lot easier to progress, I mean storyline wise. I'm probaby guessing there there is def alot of ppl who didn't have it for the pass say.. 3-5 years.

I still no alot who didn't have it, and now are screaming
" Finallly the curse has been lifted, I can do COP now...."

I'm actually very happy for these ppl, I did it the hard way and I've been playing since 2005. I guess you can concider me 1/2 way since it came out in 2000 of its conception.., I'm sure I have had it pretty easy b.c there has probably been some changes since then..( maybe there hasn't not sure..but anyways...)

It may be nice, new farm areas have opened up too...who knows what will happen.
[+]
 Asura.Tero
サーバ: Asura
user: Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-06-22 13:27:42  
CoP really wasn't that hard to begin with >> just getting ppl together was the hard part well competent ppl.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-22 13:28:49  
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said:
i think its great...ive been stuck on 4.2 for awhile,shouts dont happan anymore. i juss finished farming my scales,ill be slaying that punk dragon in the morning solo =D

Betcha those mammets will be like butter I'd love to see a vid of that where someone walks in, cracks his fingers.. and </laughs> @ mammets and just goes ape-***on them b4 Oruyu..

HAHA!!! Man I remember back in the day those things were a pain in my backside...

reminds me.. " Back in the days when we killed mammets.."

ROFL, LMAO, LOL.......
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-06-22 13:30:31  
Shiva.Chaosgod said:
You're a terrible person.
[+]
 Shiva.Abilasha
サーバ: Shiva
user: Abilasha
By Shiva.Abilasha 2010-06-22 13:40:23  
Bahamut.Nomadikhan said:
I think it's great, at least for me, because every one of my friends have quit, I play alone, can't find a decent shell that cares about it's people enuf to help without a reward, and therefore have been stuck on 4-2 for almost 5 years... ***at this point i'd have to rep[lay the damn cutscenes just to refresh my memory on the storyline XD

I'm in the same situation. So many of my friends have quit, and getting a reliable CoP party was becoming a major task. I've been stuck on 2-5 forever now, and I am excited it will be much easier for me to advance now in CoP.
[+]
 Sylph.Seriin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Seriin
By Sylph.Seriin 2010-06-22 13:49:32  
It much less of a pain to do the fights and you're not spending a bunch of time looking for members if you don't happen to be in a static.

Personally I was in a static that fell apart halfway through Vahzl, and I trio'd it last night which was overkill. My favourite part of the update as a whole is going into old zones that were a pain in the *** and just letting loose.

Also, the comparison to old fights if you've done them is nice. I don't feel my previous effort was wasted, I'm moreso overjoyed that I could reasonably finish CoP soon.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-22 13:50:36  
the only problem is that now most of the gear form sea limbus w/e is going to be outdated and easily accessible so..aside from just a few items, there really isn't a need for cop ><
 Titan.Gennss
サーバ: Titan
user: gennss
By Titan.Gennss 2010-06-22 13:54:06  
yay maybe i'll get off three paths and get myself a freakin gorget already.
 Alexander.Xynthios
サーバ: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-06-22 13:54:51  
I personally just think that for those who did CoP like 1~6 years ago and earned their Rajas Ring the hard way, this is a little angering as now the Rajas Ring will be reduced to nothing more than "regular" gear that's easy to obtain.

But with the update, new things have to be added... and old content will be left behind, I... for one am a tiny bit angry that all that hard work has been reduced to such shambles but I'm also fairly happy that now a lot of things in these areas will be soloable...

E.g: Voyager Sallet duo/trio amirite? (Unless they change the level of Dobsonflies. >.>)

Edit: On a much more positive note: At least sea gorgets will be easier to get now (yay!), maybe LS's might even possibly try beat AV at 80? :D
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-22 13:57:17  
Rajas has always been the "regular" gear. It was just like a hauby. You don't have one? You're gimp. I guess many people have been gimp for a looong time.
First Page 2 3 4 5