What Do You Think About CoP Fights Caps Being Lifted?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What do you think about CoP fights caps being lifted?
What do you think about CoP fights caps being lifted?
By Lazul 2010-07-03 03:45:53  
Leviathan.Aneu said:
SE made it so people who were too lazy/stupid/too busy creating excuses to flame me for posting this, could complete CoP.

Rate down... GO!

No because its essential now that people will mass-quit and leave for FFXIV. Forming a COP party will be much harder.
 Leviathan.Aneu
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-03 03:55:40  
Lazul said:
Leviathan.Aneu said:
SE made it so people who were too lazy/stupid/too busy creating excuses to flame me for posting this, could complete CoP.

Rate down... GO!

No because its essential now that people will mass-quit and leave for FFXIV. Forming a COP party will be much harder.

If it's still taking you 3 months to finish CoP with cap lift then a word doesn't exist to describe the magnitude of said person's stupidity. People can finish CoP before XIV comes out now, and bail on launch day still. This seems to me more of a caving in to QQers. Everyone else took the time to shout 6/6 groups, make strategies (lol), etc... People celebrating cap lift feel they're special. Want to read the story go to the wiki. Want to watch the story go to youtube. Want a slight feeling of accomplishment... too late. Want gear and don't want to work for it? Google Brogame.

If you're casual then sure, I'm all for this cap raise. But people QQing CoP is too hard when if they spent 1% of the time shouting in whitegate for 6/6 that they spent racking up 10,000 FFXIAH posts they'd have it done already, is sad.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-03 04:03:02  
Wrong, it's actually only in part for preparation of XIV. That aside, I see the population from /sea all getting smaller by day, it's got nothing to do with QQers. I'd have guessed the first nerf was for QQers, this is just killing tedious requirements for old content nobody cares about anymore. The reason people can't get help is because SE has added too much content. Even friends will decline helping, and it's not out of spite. I enjoy the BCNMs and I'll help when I can, but most people log on with an agenda in mind ranging from, farm for 2 hours, go to sea, do dyna, salvage, go to bed. It's only a small portion who are that lazy they couldn't get it done. Majority of the time, people have too much stuff to do, and you can't blame them for it or accuse the community of being too elitist.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-03 04:26:27  
Such a shortage of people without CoP done who are getting into endgame linkshells that last longer than a couple months, my bad... This shortage of people is exaggerated by people who can't stand shouting for more than 30 minutes. Remora was below half the population of Levi, and I still managed to breeze through CoP on this char just last year, in large part abusing DD two hours to compensate for lack of 6/6 or brains from some of the shout pickups. Not much content was added since last year... Can't really count content added in this update. VNM people don't really care that much about as far as I can tell. Taking merges into account too, I refuse to believe there's so few who haven't done CoP.
By Lazul 2010-07-03 04:28:55  
Im pretty casual of a player in FFXI and would like to finish CoP and other lets say "essential parts" of the game, that makes you feel like you experienced the game as it was meant to. Then when the PS3 version of FFXIV comes out I can try that out, but if I thaught that this game would be over after its sequel then why even bother now?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-03 04:34:07  
Right? I said the people who have CoP finished are the ones who are likely packed up with events and schedules that they can't offer as much help as you'd like. A year ago? Even at the end of last year the population was much higher than it is now, slowly but surely degrading as XIV looms closer. If you shouted for the entirety of your party for CoP I'd wager you were rather lucky, but for anyone who casually plays or can't play often/as much as they'd like, they'd be stuck. My point stands, it's only a small % who are too lazy to work for it, the rest get screwed by their own schedules/schedules of others.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-03 06:27:02  
Now that I've actually solo'd the Moblin BCNM of Louverance's Path as PLD75/RDM37, I actually like this update better. :3!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-03 06:42:08  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Now that I've actually solo'd the Moblin BCNM of Louverance's Path as PLD75/RDM37, I actually like this update better. :3!

lolLowlevel. >.> :D
 Ramuh.Tousou
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-07-03 07:01:39  
Titan.Xantavia said:
So I'm assuming that everybody who is in your shell completed CoP years ago. Since, you know, you must have been more than willing to help out anybody who needed it when they asked for mission help.

Not to drag this out longer than needed, but Aneu offered to help me with CoP via PM. The only obstacle happened to be my "inability" to server change.

He's really not as bad as he sounds :3
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-07-03 08:25:18  
I think it's totally a possibility for the Rajas Ring to continue to scale up. Given the properties of CoP rings it would only happen one more time (at level 90). I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 scaled up again at Lvl 90...then again I wouldn't be surprised at SE if they didn't.

But on topic, it doesn't really even bother that CoP is easier now because of the work I put in back then compared to people solo/duo/trioing them now. The part the pisses me off is now a shitload of people have sea access and 2 or 3 groups have jumped in on my limbus group's time lol.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-03 09:10:48  
Last night I was trying to help a pal with twp paths. Ill tell you the experience was quite frusterating as it has been like forever since I was last in the aquaducts. We were farming for some keys, and with a issue of some ppl down there farming for drops they were wiping the fomors out like no tomorrow. that is the only frusterating part, and as well, I also shud have went back to 75 thf too.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-03 10:36:40  
Arthion, some BLU+SMN recently, Mykezero, Unfalteringwolf, Nitrous (Noxious), Lenien (Kamikabe post-merge), Oldmanriver (Fuq), Entrepreneur (Zzy, taking break), Brother (Ghostship), Ankel (quit), Lovelylluna, Frotaut, blah blah blah. I've helped countless people with CoP in last year... Some start to finish even (Arthion, Noxious). I'd get bored trying to remember them all really. Feel free to make a mule and send one of them a tell...

People who try to make me out as something I'm not is not something new. I mostly get annoyed with people who pass theory/opinion as fact when they can put a question mark or "imo" at the end of their sentence. If I took the time to reply to every stupid remark aimed at me, I'd be as unaccomplished as some of the people trying to flame me on this site. Be it the person without sea, the person who thinks Lava/Kushas is in any situation better than Rajas+anything, even the anti-American lole.head user. I appreciate the praise though xD Fact is I'm a nice person if you're nice to me (most of the time). :D

Lazul really captured my feelings about CoP though. Even given the difficulty nerf years ago, CoP was somewhat difficult for less experienced players. It was still a challenge for them, and I personally believe CoP was meant to give some feeling of satisfaction when you completed it. Now it's just an obstacle on the way to new gear, a sentiment that I thought wasn't shared by casual players... Really want to casually play a game that is easy as ***to do anything in? Probably just play WoW, less of a timesink that way too.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2010-07-03 10:57:44  
I finished CoP about a year and a half ago. I made a linkshell, got friends that needed it and we stuck together till about 5-3. At that point, I had done every mission at least twice and up to 4 times just to help out others. However, when they stopped showing or just relied 100% on my friend and I to get them through missions, I just said *** it and focused on the hard chargers. They have resent for me for that to this day which makes me lol because they feel it was my job to do their work. Regardless, finishing CoP gave me a huge sense of accomplishment and made my jobs much more marketable for endgame.

I'm the kind of person that feels everyone else should experience things the way I do (yes, i realize that's not the right way to think, but it is what it is) so my opinion of the cap on CoP areas lifted wasn't too great. Unless NMs were adjusted (not sure, haven't played the game since the update) I'm gonna be pretty heated if a lvl 80+ dude can go in and 1 shot all 10 carmine flies lol. It took a few attempts to get the right people that weren't numptySMNBurners to actually pull off Astral Flows on those ***.

Last thing, I do have a feeling that SE will enhance a lot of our old equipment once the cap hits 99. Otherwise, what was the point of making CoP easier? CoP's biggest rewards are the 2 free accessories (Apoc Nigh and Dawn items) and Sea access. Why give people access to an area that offers gear that USED to be good. Either way, I do miss the game, mostly for the people and all that I did on it. Anyways, those are my two cents. :P
[+]
 Titan.Xantavia
サーバ: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-07-05 02:51:12  
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Titan.Xantavia said:
So I'm assuming that everybody who is in your shell completed CoP years ago. Since, you know, you must have been more than willing to help out anybody who needed it when they asked for mission help.

Not to drag this out longer than needed, but Aneu offered to help me with CoP via PM. The only obstacle happened to be my "inability" to server change.

He's really not as bad as he sounds :3

If he did this, that is awesome. I just got irratated when people talk about how easy the missions / bcnms are, but as soon as you try to find assistance, they vanish into thin air, never wanting to do them again.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-07-05 06:11:16  
It's a good thing. Some ppl genuinely don't have the time due to irl restraints and get left behind. Doesn't mean they don't want to get it done. Others who play regularly I don't think have much of an excuse. You could have gotten it done if you truly wanted it. I know cause I got through most of cop only recently (and before the caps were lifted).

For ppl who QQ that its too easy for ppl now. Get over it trolls! You have bragging rights. You can still say, "I got it done when the caps were in place". Which knowing that fact alone personally gives me a sense of serious accomplishment.

For the ppl who say it was fun....You serious? Inexperienced, I lead my static through COP (even though they were all very competent) and it wore my nerves down to nothing lol. Formulating strategies for each mission and battle. Paying for ppls supplies on top of my own. Dealing with 6 different schedules from 6 different ppl. Knowing 1 botched 2hr and failed strategy would mean we'd have to wait a week to try again cause once a week was all we can meet up for because of our conflicting schedules.

COP was total hell. I'm glad others now don't have to go through that. It would have been much worse also if I didn't have 5 great players in my static who made me look like a much better leader than I probably was lol. I took the bull by the horns and rode its *** all the way through because I wanted it bad enough. I feel accomplished thanks to that. I'm also happy for ppl that get to finish it now w/out caps. I'm glad you don't have to go through what most did.