First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-06-18 15:04:28  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I'm off to work too... wait nvm I'm @ work already! :O Seriously though, this thread hasn't died yet? lol

Religious threads are just like Religious people.

They Don't Die!

They just keep killing!

Religious threads ~> Killing Time
Religious People ~> Killing other people

Just saying..
[+]
 Asura.Biddy
サーバ: Asura
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Biddy 2010-06-18 17:57:35  
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Zekko said:
Wouldnt say it was religion. Just a disagreement and some freaky people.

It was Religion.

Let me explain.

If it would have been any other show, the family would not have killed him, and if they did It would have been wrong!

There is a Logical Pathway between Religion and Atrocious acts.

This horrible man changed the channel on their religious television program. How Dare he do that? God shall not tollerate this kind of behavior.

They killed this man in the name of god. Logically, if you think about it, killing him was a righteus act. They really think they did the right thing, and they believe in their hearts that they are good people for doing it.
People kill over stupid ***all the time.

Example #1: Kid being killed over a video game
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/01/02/2010-01-02_new_jersey_boy_9_stabbed_to_death_in_hallway_of_harlem_housing_project_while_vis.html

Nice try though attempting to make it seem like only the religious are this crazy.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-18 18:53:52  
LET THE THREAD DIE!
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-06-18 19:55:30  
Asura.Biddy said:
Zekko said:
It was Religion. Let me explain. If it would have been any other show, the family would not have killed him, and if they did It would have been wrong! There is a Logical Pathway between Religion and Atrocious acts. This horrible man changed the channel on their religious television program. How Dare he do that? God shall not tollerate this kind of behavior. They killed this man in the name of god. Logically, if you think about it, killing him was a righteus act. They really think they did the right thing, and they believe in their hearts that they are good people for doing it.
People kill over stupid ***all the time. Example #1: Kid being killed over a video game http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/01/02/2010-01-02_new_jersey_boy_9_stabbed_to_death_in_hallway_of_harlem_housing_project_while_vis.html Nice try though attempting to make it seem like only the religious are this crazy.

Let me ask you a question.

If god personally spoke to you, and told you that he needed you to kill someone for some divine reason.

Would you think that you are a bad person for doing so?

The answer is NO.

If you killed someone because God said to.. That would make it a Righteous act. In your mind, you would be a good person.

With that being said...

If you killed someone over a $5 bill because you were starving to death.. Would you think that you are a bad person for killing them?

The answer would be YES. Maybe you're starving, but that does NOT justify murder.

Only Religion justifies things such as this.

Religion is the ONLY thing that can make a good person do bad things, and still think they're an outstanding citizen.

Shiva.Xet
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-18 19:57:51  
iono i (used to be) a good person and girls used to make me do wrong things all the time......giggity
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-18 20:05:00  
Asura.Biddy said:
Zekko said:
It was Religion. Let me explain. If it would have been any other show, the family would not have killed him, and if they did It would have been wrong! There is a Logical Pathway between Religion and Atrocious acts. This horrible man changed the channel on their religious television program. How Dare he do that? God shall not tollerate this kind of behavior. They killed this man in the name of god. Logically, if you think about it, killing him was a righteus act. They really think they did the right thing, and they believe in their hearts that they are good people for doing it.
People kill over stupid ***all the time. Example #1: Kid being killed over a video game http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/01/02/2010-01-02_new_jersey_boy_9_stabbed_to_death_in_hallway_of_harlem_housing_project_while_vis.html Nice try though attempting to make it seem like only the religious are this crazy.

If god personally spoke to you, and told you that he needed you to kill someone for some divine reason.

The answer is NO.

If you killed someone because God said to.. That would make it a Righteous act. In your mind, you would be a good person.

With that being said...

If you killed someone over a $5 bill because you were starving to death.. Would you think that you are a bad person for killing them?

The answer would be YES. Maybe you're starving, but that does NOT justify murder.

Religion is the ONLY thing that can make a good person do bad things, and still think they're an outstanding citizen.

Either you really don't get it or you're just a great troll.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-18 20:10:28  
I want to believe he's a great troll.
[+]
 Asura.Biddy
By Asura.Biddy 2010-06-18 22:07:43  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Asura.Biddy said:
Zekko said:

The answer is NO.

With that being said...

Either you really don't get it or you're just a great troll.

I think he is just that stupid.
[+]
 Caitsith.Silvaria
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-18 22:43:37  

Actually, I noticed no one has refuted this statement. Instead, he's being called a troll and stupid...ad hominems never add to an intellectual debate, and in fact, only detract from it.

Kind of sad if that's all you guys have. 8(
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-18 22:47:28  
Caitsith.Silvaria said:
This is all the argument needed...I thought we didn't have signatures on ah.com
 Caitsith.Silvaria
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-18 22:49:42  
Heh...well, with all due respect, what else makes good people do bad things and still think they're doing OK?

A number of Christians are very bigoted against non-Christians, and they think that makes them righteous.

There are plenty of Christians who have no problem threatening a person with eternal damnation, and they think that gives them special favors with Jesus.

I've known a few Christians who had no problem vandalizing a car that had an atheist bumper sticker, and instead of recognizing that it was a criminal act, they thought it they were doing everyone a favor by removing that symbol of evil.

What else causes people to think criminal acts and bigotry are a-OK? Just curious. 8)
[+]
 Caitsith.Silvaria
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-18 22:50:55  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:

Wow, I am so (NOT) sorry if my smiley face seems to upset you guys...build a bridge, and get over it. 8)
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-18 22:52:11  
Caitsith.Silvaria said:
Heh...well, with all due respect, what else makes good people do bad things and still think they're doing OK?
General insanity/brainwashing?
I personally don't know anyone that has read the bible and then though "I'm gonna bomb an abortion clinic."
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-18 22:53:56  
Caitsith.Silvaria said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:

Wow, I am so (NOT) sorry if my smiley face seems to upset you guys...build a bridge, and get over it. 8)
It's when a person can't take a joke I realize gotta get the hell out of there.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Silvaria
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-18 22:55:00  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:
General insanity/brainwashing?
I personally don't know anyone that has read the bible and then though "I'm gonna bomb an abortion clinic."

Ah, OK...so because Ludoggy -personally- doesn't know anyone who has done this, it has never happened, ever, period, end of subject.

LOL!! You're hilarious. 8D
 Caitsith.Silvaria
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-18 22:55:32  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:

It's when a person can't take a joke I realize gotta get the hell out of there.

Bye-bye. 8)
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-18 22:56:56  
Caitsith.Silvaria said:

Ah, OK...so because Ludoggy -personally- doesn't know anyone who has done this, it has never happened, ever, period, end of subject.

And so because you know a few people who have deiced to commit crimes against other because they had pro Atheist stickers it must mean it always happens and religion is bad
LAWL! YOU NEED TO STOP DRINKNIG THAT KOOL-AID WHEREEVER YOU ARE GETTING IT FROM.
[+]
 Caitsith.Silvaria
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-18 23:00:17  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:

1. The inability to tell right from wrong.

2. Denial.

3. Insanity (connects to point 1)

It's way too easy to say it's just Religions fault people do bad things. :/

Hm, honestly, Bart, I don't think that's what the person who made that original statement meant...I think he was trying to say that religion is largely a huge justification for normally rational and sane people to act like complete jerks. But yeah, it is a bit over the top to say it's the -only- reason good people act bad, and I apologize for being flippant and insinuating such. 8(

Personally, however, I think religion is the bane of humanity, and I hope for a day that we can escape the need to believe in supernatural causes for natural, random events. But, that's just me. 8)
 Caitsith.Silvaria
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-18 23:03:00  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:

And so because you know a few people who have deiced to commit crimes against other because they had pro Atheist stickers it must mean it always happens and religion is bad
LAWL! YOU NEED TO STOP DRINKNIG THAT KOOL-AID WHEREEVER YOU ARE GETTING IT FROM.

Ah, resorting to the old "kool-aid" ad hominem, LOL! You are too much, Ludoggy. 8D

And just so you know, -you- said that you personally didn't know anyone who read the bible and then decided to bomb an abortion clinic, which was insinuating that therefore, NO ONE HAS EVER DONE IT, PERIOD.

Rather sweeping generalization, but you don't seem to recognize it when you do it...only when others do it.

And I thought you were leaving...? 8)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-18 23:08:17  
Caitsith.Silvaria said:

Ah, resorting to the old "kool-aid" ad hominem, LOL! You are too much, Ludoggy. 8D

And just so you know, -you- said that you personally didn't know anyone who read the bible and then decided to bomb an abortion clinic, which was insinuating that therefore, NO ONE HAS EVER DONE IT, PERIOD.

Rather sweeping generalization, but you don't seem to recognize it when you do it...only when others do it.

And I thought you were leaving...? 8)
I really think you are drinking someones kool-aid your beliefs are so extreme and out there "religion is bad, people who believe it are bad" no exceptions ifs ands or buts.

Well I must of came off the wrong way then. You said you know people going crazy because they are Christian and I say I don't know anyone who has.

I couldn't leave, you sucked me in with your smiley face.
[+]
 Asura.Biddy
By Asura.Biddy 2010-06-19 02:15:24  
Am I the only person who is thoroughly annoyed when people point out the usage of ad hominems or straw men? Makes me want to hurt someone. Simply tell them to get back to the f'n point and knock that haughty BS off.

Anyway, religion isn't what makes people bad, but rather people are what taints religion. Simple as that. Take any organized group of people, and you will have your share of nut jobs. Religion is no different.
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-06-19 02:18:34  
Biddy is correct. Religion is not the issue, but the people who twist it to meet there own agendas!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-19 02:51:41  
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
Biddy is correct. Religion is not the issue, but the people who twist it to meet there own agendas!!
tbh,you would see a problem with a full grown man believing in santa claus so why not see a problem with ppl teaching something as insane as a man in the sky making virgins give birth to be a issue? What does religion do besides cause war, mis informing children on sex ed, and *** blocking amazing scientific strides such as stem cell research. If you say soup kitchens negates all the bad church does, i don't know what to say to you...
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-06-19 02:56:16  
As for myself I do believe in God. But I have never been a hard core bible thumper. I let people chose for themselves what they believe in or not with no prejudice from me. And I can see your points Mankey. Sad that it does over shadow scientific strides.
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-19 02:56:38  
While people ultimately are the root of the issue, the fact remains that religion is the influence for countless problems we've faced for countless years:

Most wars
The Crusades
The inquisition
9/11
Arranged marriages
Blowing up girl schools
Oppression of women/homosexuals
Ethnic cleansing
Honor rape
Human sacrifice
Witch burnings
Suicide bombing
Condoning slavery
and the systematic *** of children

Do I need to go on?
This is my issue with religion and why I refuse to affiliate myself with what has been ultimately misinterpreted, twisted, contorted, perverted something fundamentally good into a tool to gain selfish ends; which sadly millions upon millions agree and conform to regardless of the direction it goes. This is what happens when you have a system under infallible authority.

/opinion
By Esaias 2010-06-19 03:17:33  
James 4 (King James Version)

James 4

1From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

2Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

3Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

4Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

5Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

6But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Sorry for the long quote but I did not want to get it out of context. Man is to blame for his own wickedness. There is no justification for sin. You're right wicked people practice religion. However the problem is people, not the worship of God.

First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16