フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » New BLU Spells
New BLU Spells
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Grozny
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Grozny
By Valefor.Grozny 2010-06-23 15:15:12  
Are you looking at attack in your TP set, weaponskilling and looking at attack in your WS set? Same exact gear before and after you look?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-23 15:16:53  
Caitsith.Katas said:
Abyssea La Theine has both mobs for the new spells.
E-5 - E-6
Gigadophnia - Blazzing Bound
Veld Clionid - Acrid Stream

30 mins with gloves got both with ease, bring WHM or Healer with you at minimum, these mobs are not to be underestimated.
o_O

I dunno about the Blazing Bound mobs, but Clionids are almost as squishy as Imps. You shouldn't need a healer. I've heard reports of soloing Blazing Bound, will confirm this evening.

EDIT: And stop being AFK >_> Need data on DW!
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-23 15:18:36  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Katas said:
Abyssea La Theine has both mobs for the new spells.
E-5 - E-6
Gigadophnia - Blazzing Bound
Veld Clionid - Acrid Stream

30 mins with gloves got both with ease, bring WHM or Healer with you at minimum, these mobs are not to be underestimated.
o_O

I dunno about the Blazing Bound mobs, but Clionids are almost as squishy as Imps. You shouldn't need a healer. I've heard reports of soloing Blazing Bound, will confirm this evening.

EDIT: And stop being AFK >_> Need data on DW!

Probably lots of mixed results in this zone, since difficulty varies based on performance and probably number of people in your group.
 Caitsith.Katas
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-06-23 15:20:10  
30 min limit, bad AOE and tp moves and aggro if not paying attention. Time limit is enough to not screw around and just grab them quickly, so bring a friend.
 Asura.Kowen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-06-23 15:22:00  
Quote:
Reported DA trait via Demoralizing Roar + Acrid Stream, DW via Blazing Bound + Animated Wail. Trying to get some test results in on level of DW.

From the poster Nightfyre on BG.

Pretty cool if it's true, but it'll cost a lot of set points.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-23 15:22:42  
Asura.Kowen said:
Quote:
Reported DA trait via Demoralizing Roar Acrid Stream, DW via Blazing Bound Animated Wail. Trying to get some test results in on level of DW.

And the circle is complete! That post was based off Katas' info XD
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-06-23 15:24:36  
Yes, I was wearing the exact same gear before and after. I was fighting EP ***, so I didn't even bring any gear swaps with me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-23 15:29:11  
So with double attack and dual wield at once, does /THF because the only SJ for BLU now?
 Asura.Kowen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-06-23 15:31:14  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Quote:
Reported DA trait via Demoralizing Roar Acrid Stream, DW via Blazing Bound Animated Wail. Trying to get some test results in on level of DW.

And the circle is complete! That post was based off Katas' info XD

Whoops, I skimmed through the last couple of pages but I must have missed that post. :X
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-23 15:31:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
So with double attack and dual wield at once, does /THF because the only SJ for BLU now?
More like /RDM. /NIN for melee solo, /THF for Cannonball, /RDM for party/alliance/nuking play at 80. Anything else is small niche applications like /SCH or /DNC in Campaign. Convert plus Auto-Refresh, Mirage Jubbah/Morrigan's, Battery Charge, and Sanction/Sigil as appropriate is a shitload of MP.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-23 15:34:14  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
More like /RDM. /NIN for melee solo, /THF for Cannonball, /RDM for party/alliance/nuking play at 80. Anything else is small niche applications like /SCH or /DNC in Campaign. Convert plus Auto-Refresh, Mirage Jubbah/Morrigan's, Battery Charge, and Sanction/Sigil as appropriate is a shitload of MP.
Lol yeah I was thinking this myself. Hell I'd possibly put /rdm higher on campaign now
By Willsmith 2010-06-23 15:35:39  
Nice, DW as a trait is just what BLU needed. Any idea what level of mastery it is?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-23 15:35:42  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I didn't even think about that one.

I think I just had a joygasm o.o
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-23 15:36:53  

Still get some nice boosts from the other subs..

/nin: Anything that hits hard or needs shadows.

/dnc: The new /nin, nice Subtle Blow, Accuracy, and Dual Wield. Gets Sambas(Aspir expecially), and more importantly Haste Samba at 90

/rdm: Convert at 80, making it comparable to, if not better than, /sch for mainhealing.

/thf: Group damage, meh for solo.

/sch: Still a significant main healer since the healing magic boosts in Light Arts has a potent effect on spells.
 Cerberus.Sey
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-06-23 15:38:02  
I'm going to take a guess and say Dual Wield will be tier 1 with the chance of gaining higher tiers in future updates. It's a must that we'll get spells as our level increases anyway. If it's tier 1 then I only see it useful to me as BLU/BST, but then again I have yet to decide on how I'm going to tweak my spell list until I do a bunch of experiments.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-06-23 18:05:34  
Does RDM refresh stack with Battery Charge or does Battery Charge overwrite it?
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-23 18:19:00  
This is neither here nor there (as it is possible DW will Tier up by setting additional spells) but while looking at the new gears 76-80 I noticed quite a bit of pieces that had "Enhances Dual Wield effect" so its possible that's the direction blu is going to be heading: DW I from spell set traits and 3-4 pieces of gear to end up with DW3 or w/e.

Speculation is speculation though so... someone post what tier DW blu gets already xD
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-23 19:10:47  
Gonna say tier 1 since it's be fcking HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to give 2 tiers with 1 spell combo for just 1 trait.

I want to know if anyone even looked at older and lower level spells that had no traits and see if they got DW for lower levels and/or multiple tiers.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-23 19:11:40  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Does RDM refresh stack with Battery Charge or does Battery Charge overwrite it?
They overwrite each other I believe.
By Aisha 2010-06-23 19:53:41  
Valefor.Angeluzun said:
This is neither here nor there (as it is possible DW will Tier up by setting additional spells) but while looking at the new gears 76-80 I noticed quite a bit of pieces that had "Enhances Dual Wield effect" so its possible that's the direction blu is going to be heading: DW I from spell set traits and 3-4 pieces of gear to end up with DW3 or w/e.

Speculation is speculation though so... someone post what tier DW blu gets already xD
BLU cant use any of the new items that enhance Dual Wield sadly =\
By Aisha 2010-06-23 19:56:53  
btw dont know if anyone figured out or posted yet but, how many extra blu point slots do we get at 80?
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-23 20:01:57  
Going by the current pattern? 0. We'll get 5 more at 81.
 Fenrir.Vazerus
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-06-23 21:26:14  
Looks like some awesomeness for BLU, though I still need to level rdm to at least 40 >< /sigh
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-23 23:46:06  
Hurray for blue, and I guess I have to start lvling Rdm and DNC as Thf is already 75 ... WOOT!!

Blu got a nice update, I see.
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-06-24 15:18:10  
Just incase anyone wants to know, good solo spot for leafstorm is G-6 lufaise meadows, lot of leshys. Quite low level, but knock 'em to 25% and /whm dia spam and your sorted.

Edit: Screenshot below just incase anyone wants proof :)

Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 02:49:13  
I found Grauberg S to be better, can get wivre and treants there at the same spot and they easy.

Blazing bound elude me -.- had 30m to get both and I forgot AF gloves so I didn't learn outta the 15 or so we killed lol.
 Fenrir.Akuma
user: nasamoo
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-25 02:50:46  
; ; damn I went 1/1 on those still trying to get help for the gnat one jic they harder than I'm expecting.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 03:16:27  
Aisha said:
btw dont know if anyone figured out or posted yet but, how many extra blu point slots do we get at 80?

0 :/
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-06-25 04:37:14  
I got Wivre spell in Guaberg {s} too, surprisingly easy to solo to the Wivre there, never tried before. Got it within about 10 minutes.

The gnat spell is a biotch btough, seriously reccommend a duo, they're pretty hard.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8