フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » New BLU Spells
New BLU Spells
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-19 18:19:10  
You'd be wrong there, at least concerning the 9 spells added in the preliminary update.
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-19 18:22:09  
DNC was broken because they cold give "JA" Category Haste to other jobs, and only 2 other jobs in the game have JA Haste, and only 1 job can cap it, and that's temporary.

Since Haste from gear caps at ~25%, haste from spells caps at ~43%, and the new haste cap is 80%, this means that even with SV Marches, Haste, and 25% in gear, all DD not using Hasso or DB can receive the full benefit of Haste Samba and those using Hasso can actually hit the cap for more than 30 seconds.

This is huge for every melee in the game when receiving Haste+Marches becase of the nature of haste. Find a strong haste built DRK/SAM (Apocalypse needed), SAM/DRG (Wyvern earring needed), or MNK/Anything (BB needed) and give them a RDM, BRD, and COR and they can literally self SC by just tping, no Meditate, no Jumps, no Absorb-TP, they just swing that damn fast.

Then there's also the defense down step, which stacks with Angon and Dia III.

DNCs are extremely powerful support already, it's just most people are too HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to notice. Now they're like raptor jesus with laser arrows and holy water for all.

[+]
 Fenrir.Akuma
サーバ: Fenrir
user: nasamoo
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-21 15:51:11  
skeet skeet new blu gear and refresh skeet skeet
 Asura.Kowen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-06-21 15:51:34  
Quote:
BLu Spells
Acrid Stream - Deals water damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Lowers target's magic defense.

Blazing Bound - Deals fire damage to an enemy.

Plenilune Embrace - Restores target party member's HP and enhances attack and magic attack..

Demoralizing Roar - Weakens the attack of enemies within range.

Cimicine Discharge - Reduces the attack speed of enemies within range.

Animating Wail - Increases attack speed.

Battery Charge - Gradually restores MP.

Leafstorm - Deals wind damage to enemies within area of effect.

Regenration - Gradually restores HP.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 15:58:59  
Asura.Kowen said:
Quote:
Gdi it supposed to just give mp. If this doesn't stack with all other refreshes or at least be better than the ones it doesn't I'm gunna rage
 Carbuncle.Vontri
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-06-21 18:07:44  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Quote:
Gdi it supposed to just give mp. If this doesn't stack with all other refreshes or at least be better than the ones it doesn't I'm gunna rage

Why would this spell be anything other than the same as Refresh >_> go QQ more son
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-21 18:16:53  
Carbuncle.Vontri said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Quote:
Why would this spell be anything other than the same as Refresh >_> go QQ more son

Bigger question is why would it be refresh the description of the spell says it restores mp...I think people are just adding the "gradually" themselves. Knowing Blu magic the spell won't do anything that it doesn't do for the mob that its learned from...meaning if it doesn't give refresh to magic pots why would it give you the refresh effect ?

Edit: thats like calling mp Dkiss refresh because you get back mp from using the spell lol. I could be wrong, actually i hope i'm wrong but i doubt it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 18:21:32  
Carbuncle.Vontri said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Quote:
Way to not even know what the mob move does.

Also um idk 99% of the time I'm not soloing on blu a rdm is refreshing me. So if this is the same as refresh it will only eat up spell points and actually lower my mp recovery. In otherwords even if I get it I will pretend I didn't and still get the rdm to refresh me
 Carbuncle.Vontri
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-06-21 18:39:16  
Notice how we also get a Regen spell (since that was the Regeneration spell does) Giving Blu refresh would make it so that you don't need to have your basic Tank party set up as ...

PLD PLD RDM WHM BRD Whatever

You can take the RDM out of the equation put in a BLU Now the PLD's can get other buffs from the BLU (SS, Refresh, Magic Defense Bonus, etc.. )

Or take the RDM out of the BLM party

COR BRD BLU BLM BLM BLM

Now you got another refresher who can also give Magic Attack Bonus, Healing, Stunning mobs to give them more time, Also AoE (with Diffusion) Status removal...

Oh I am sorry I just suggested something that isn't tradition job rolls.. my bad.....
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 18:44:13  
Sure that works if blu AOE stoneskin didn't suck. That refresh was targeted or that you could actually use use diffusion with any kind of regularity.

Sorry but giving 1 AOE buff OR stat removal every 10-20 min isn't going to replace a rdm sch or whm. Especially since those jobs can do that now once every 1-2min and more potently
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-21 19:06:58  
If Diffusion wasn't a merit ability and had a 2 minute recast, if diamondhide wasn't capped at 200 damage (which I really hope they change now that even unmerited blu's will have blu skill much higher than 300), and if battery charge isn't self-target only, then yeah, blu could replace rdm or sch.

So let's hope that ***doesn't happen, if I wanted to be a refresh/cure ***, I'd be on rdm. I really hope battery charge is self-target only lol.

Edit: Having said that, will Blu be the only job to be able to give 15%+ hastega?
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-21 19:08:53  
SMN says hi.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-21 19:10:25  
Also Davsa quit bitching, we haven't even been able to test any of this stuff. Who knows if it will enable a nice trait when set or if it still gives MP back in addition to refresh.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-21 19:11:54  
BLU is so versatile, we already have a strong melee aspect, enhancing our support side is a nice thing. Any blu who *** about getting a self refresh spell is a idiot....
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-21 19:14:41  
Hmm, just checked wiki, didn't know they'd raised Garuda's Hastega to 15%. But yeah, good call on battery charge there Draylo. Still can't say until we actually have them, although I highly doubt battery charge + refresh will stack, that'd be totally*** worthy if it did though. We're also yet to see what new traits we'll get, I'm pretty sure dual wield will be one of them (not that it excites me), although it'll only be level 1. What else will we get? Another tic of auto-refresh would be nice <_<
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 19:16:25  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Also Davsa quit bitching, we haven't even been able to test any of this stuff. Who knows if it will enable a nice trait when set or if it still gives MP back in addition to refresh.
Ahem that's why I said if it isn't better than just refresh. If it is than ok good. If not I will try to get the rdm to refresh me whenever I can
 Leviathan.Xepherhiro
By Leviathan.Xepherhiro 2010-06-21 19:18:38  
Anyone think of Diffusion + Battery Charge?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-21 20:24:53  
I've read a lot of posts today. I have yet to see someone use "Role" correctly, however, I have seen at least 5 cases of the word "Roll" where "Role" should be used. I'm a COR, so this is really confusing to me, guys. :(
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-21 21:03:16  
1/1 Plenilune Embrace; Lv76, 106 MP, 4 points, MP+5 and STR+2
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-21 21:06:47  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
1/1 Plenilune Embrace; Lv76, 106 MP, 4 points, MP 5 and STR 2

How efficient is it? What's the ~amount cured?
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-06-21 21:16:36  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Not that I'm aware of (or I'd have used Voracious Trunk on it by now), but some of our spells ARE slightly different to when the mob uses them. Buuuut I can't think of any that actually turn out BETTER than the mob version...

Metallic Body and Head Butt are both better than the mob versions, haha.

So is Disseverment.
 Asura.Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-06-21 21:17:45  
A friend of mine just went 1/1 on Animated Wail. LV79, HP+20.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-06-21 21:18:54  
@ Blazza

...BRD?

SCH now too..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 21:21:05  
Asura.Kowen said:
A friend of mine just went 1/1 on Animated Wail. LV79, HP 20.
What does the text description say? Aoe?
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-21 21:22:07  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
1/1 Plenilune Embrace; Lv76, 106 MP, 4 points, MP 5 and STR 2

How efficient is it? What's the ~amount cured?

I don't know, I'm 75.
 Shiva.Virge
user: Virge
By Shiva.Virge 2010-06-21 21:28:15  
Got Battery Charge. 50MP lvl79 MIND+1 MP+10
Gradually restores MP

Edit: Oh yeah 3 points
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-06-21 21:33:49  
Shiva.Virge said:
Got Battery Charge. 50MP lvl79 MIND 1 MP 10
Gradually restores MP

Edit: Oh yeah 3 points

LMAO Blazza, you were right about the 50 MP, let's hope that's all you were right about (no offense)
 Asura.Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-06-21 21:54:02  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Kowen said:

Nope. It's the same as refueling's. :/
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 21:56:38  
Asura.Kowen said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Nope. It's the same as refueling's. :/
Well heres to hoping its more than 15%. Or even still 15% but with refuelings epic duration
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-21 21:58:53  
It won't be 15%... thats whm haste spell lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8