フォーラム » FFXI » General » Free skill ups
Free skill ups
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-08 08:07:37  
lawl kinda my point.. wouldnt mind but he said it when the fortilice wasnt even there when he said it..
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 09:10:05  
Now I just need to cap Hand-to-Hand57, Marksmanship0, Archery0, Throwing0, and Parrying190 for complete blue text until the update on the 21st lol.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-09 11:29:32  
Just piping in here to say thanks - I'm at my first one of these now on SAM trying to do it up and it seems to be going okay.

Boo @ Great Katana and Scythe not having really low damage weapons - I got the lowest dmg one I could from NPCs, but it's still taking a big chunk out of the target too quickly for my liking ;)

Oh well, I also brought out a Trainee Sword and an Ash Club lol
[+]
 Valefor.Vasante
サーバ: Valefor
user: Shadro
By Valefor.Vasante 2010-06-09 11:31:29  
This whole thing just gives people a reason to save up those event weapons now.

Capped Great Sword and Great Axe now on these. Now for the faster weapons...
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-09 11:57:36  
Odin.Lowblow said:
Very nice.
And i dont see it being changed, due to these not being actualy forts in campaign.

These zones are done differently, but we will see what SE does

Now that the Cat is outa the bag.. you watch. Se will gimp anything tht any of deem cool.

Better get to it now before its tooooo late and / or drama ensues...
 Phoenix.Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-09 12:09:37  
Valefor.Vasante said:
This whole thing just gives people a reason to save up those event weapons now.

Capped Great Sword and Great Axe now on these. Now for the faster weapons...

Yeah, I was looking at the Wiki at GKs and saw the Feast of the Swords ones that I never bothered doing. I also wondered if I have enough Fellow Points to get the GK there... sadly, I'm already in the Castle as we speak and don't really want to go back to Jeuno just to find out I don't, if I don't :/

Oh well... next time I guess...

PS - also look into the Trainee items for crafting. Look up Trainee Sword and scroll to the bottom of the page for other weapons w/ 1 DMG and a reasonably delay.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-09 12:14:07  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Odin.Lowblow said:
Very nice.
And i dont see it being changed, due to these not being actualy forts in campaign.

These zones are done differently, but we will see what SE does

Now that the Cat is outa the bag.. you watch. Se will gimp anything tht any of deem cool.

Better get to it now before its tooooo late and / or drama ensues...

Astral flows have been around for a long time...
By Raldo 2010-06-09 12:40:10  
Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Yeah, I was looking at the Wiki at GKs and saw the Feast of the Swords ones that I never bothered doing. I also wondered if I have enough Fellow Points to get the GK there...
Just an FYI in case anyone was planning on doing this...
The items purchased with Fellow Points are merely for show and used by your NPC. You don't actually receive anything.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-09 13:20:31  
Raldo said:
Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Yeah, I was looking at the Wiki at GKs and saw the Feast of the Swords ones that I never bothered doing. I also wondered if I have enough Fellow Points to get the GK there...
Just an FYI in case anyone was planning on doing this...
The items purchased with Fellow Points are merely for show and used by your NPC. You don't actually receive anything.

Good to know! Guess I'll go with the 999 Delay 1 DMG Ito in my Storage overnight instead!
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-09 13:25:06  
Remember to idle in as much haste gear as you have if your are going to use base relic. I doubt accuracy will be a problem but your going to hit slower than a semi.
 Valefor.Vasante
user: Shadro
By Valefor.Vasante 2010-06-09 13:43:40  
The Chaosbringer with 666 Delay was bad enough for Great Sword, I couldn't stand to skill up with a Relic.

Have fun with that.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-10 09:57:45  
for anyone having troubling hitting too much damage, try cursed soup. If you're hitting anything over 1-2, then cursed soap will make a noticeable diff w/ it's str-7. get food sanction and you'll be good to go for a long time.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-10 09:59:03  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
for anyone having troubling hitting too much damage, try cursed soup. If you're hitting anything over 1-2, then cursed soap will make a noticeable diff w/ it's str-7. get food sanction and you'll be good to go for a long time.

I'll definitely have to try this. Thanks!
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-06-10 10:00:02  
Was skillin off these last night before my assaults and when i went to sleep. tho i dced sometime during the night. 192-218 staff skill for doing minimal work. At least my smn has spirit taker now
1-2 dmg melees and the very rare 3 dmg criticals the things last along time. had me and a friend skilling off them. after 2hrs it wasnt even at 50%
 Fairy.Aquilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: aquaman
By Fairy.Aquilo 2010-06-10 10:59:07  
mr tiger...

i tryed this today you would of seen me rdm/nin xballerx

i was using 2 low lvl swords one with 5 dmg the other with, so i off handed the 8 dmg sword thinking this would "help" still whaking them for 10+ dmg but missing so i dont wanna take off occ gear

that cursed soup you mentioned would that do the trick enough to bring it down to 2ish dmg per hit?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-10 11:03:32  
You don't want to have that 8 dmg sword.

Quest this

* Speak with Titus at the 2nd floor of the Alchemy Guild in Bastok Mines, at (L-7). In a cutscene, you will be asked to procure twenty grains of gold dust from Grauberg.
o He will give you the key items Prospector's Pan and Corked Ampoule to do this.
* Make your way to (F-13) at Grauberg (S) to find the Riverbed, a spot in the river that can be targeted.
* Examine it and choose one of the given options to start scooping and how roughly to do it.
* Once you have the 20 grains you will receive the key item: Ampoule of Gold Dust
o If you leave the area before you get the 20 grains, you'll have to start over.
o See the Discussion page for successive methods though it does not matter if you fail to find any gold. You will merely need to try again.
* Return to Titus for another cutscene and your reward.

or if you did the event

If you're not up to the quest and don' thave the event sword, then just use 2 onion swords, butt he 8 dmg sword is gonna get you many less skill ups in the end since you're dealing more damage.

As for how much it woudl reduce damage, not sure if that much. My DMG 3 great sword does 5-8 or 9ish w/o the soup and 3-5 w/ it on.

Acc gear is great, try not to wear anything w/ str tho, but yea, def 8 DMG sword has to go.
[+]
 Fairy.Aquilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: aquaman
By Fairy.Aquilo 2010-06-10 12:21:29  
thanks tiger.

i'll do that quest when i get on on sunday. but i dont have that Festival of swords one so i'll onion sword my secondary sword

thanks
 Ramuh.Seyton
サーバ: Ramuh
user: seyton
By Ramuh.Seyton 2010-06-11 17:51:18  
This is the best thing since sliced bread and peanut butter. Great find TW!
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-11 18:02:09  
Have capped Staff, Club, and working on GS using rusty =( slow as hell but coming along decently.
 Phoenix.Lazuras
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-06-11 18:10:50  
These things are awesome, finally got the cap for my daggers.
 Diabolos.Daddyx
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2010-06-11 18:12:35  
Good lookin' out Tigerwoods, thanks for sharing! Where else can you play Fallout 3 and skill up at the same time?

[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-06-13 05:28:00  
Rawr, just throwing my two cents in ...

You can get magic aggro if you're say, trying to skill up your elemental magic. Not from the demon's elemental, but from the elementals that spawn during weather. One just came by and put me on ice.

Didn't even notice what was going on...
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-13 05:33:45  
Might have better luck with the two inside the castle, If you position yourself right should be able to avoid eye aggro.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-13 05:36:18  
Finished GSD and GAX (well gax finished for 74 I'll finish the rest next time I use war). May do sword and club for the hell of it. Anyone know a way to auto fire on /ra or do you have to do it manually? Could do throwing and marksmanship
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-13 05:37:17  
windower maybe, don't use it so I dunno. Aside from that no, manual only.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-13 05:43:56  
bleh that's something i'd have to do while not afk then even if playing another game cause if a GM came to see if I was there or not, I'd have to respond. Not something I can do while sleeping :(
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-13 05:58:11  
have logged plenty of afk time there and I have never been GM called from the looks of it. Even put up my /away sign and would go to work or sleep and wake up still there.

Dunno thought, may get checked if you are doing RA.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-13 06:07:25  
Diabolos.Daddyx said:
Good lookin' out Tigerwoods, thanks for sharing! Where else can you play Fallout 3 and skill up at the same time?

Unfortunately for me, parrying is the only thing still uncapped, I hit 200 a few months ago and haven't seen a single skill-up since :/
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-13 07:09:53  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
bleh that's something i'd have to do while not afk then even if playing another game cause if a GM came to see if I was there or not, I'd have to respond. Not something I can do while sleeping :(

It's not like it's a fishing bot, you're using the game mechanics alone.. They gonna start banning people for playing the game in the fashion it was intended now, too? (Yeah, yeah I know they probably didn't have this in mind when they put up these Fortalice's.. But it's not exactly an 'exploit', and it's damn sure not a bot or using an illegal 3rd party program)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-13 07:31:45  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

It's not like it's a fishing bot, you're using the game mechanics alone.. They gonna start banning people for playing the game in the fashion it was intended now, too? (Yeah, yeah I know they probably didn't have this in mind when they put up these Fortalice's.. But it's not exactly an 'exploit', and it's damn sure not a bot or using an illegal 3rd party program)
Read the post I made before this.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9