Am i doin it wrong ? lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-05-30 22:27:52  
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
after 20 seconds of thinkin about it, I ditched that pic too, of my daughter and I. Too many pedo's out there and I can't bear imagining them fienin off my lil girl. Hope this one meets with ya'll's approval

Approved, though i like Eternius' better, lol
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-05-30 22:31:57  
it was a last second thing, to get the RL pic off of there. I don't need anymore women stalkin me either. They all wanna thug in their life but I think most of em are menz perpetrating.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 22:32:58  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Errr! Sorry, kinda tired, that's what I meant.. I'm a TP *** :X
All good then =D
Mexichu said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Get a Tiphia Sting.
Get a Boxer's mantle for eva
Get moogle hat with -waltz timer

I'm not sure what your accuracy set's for.... steps? If so you should be macroing in your AF hands. There's really no reason to have a full ACC set for tping in, but it's nice for steps, flourish, etc etc.

You should have a set for steps, you should have a set for waltz potency.

There are better upgrades for everything you have, but you're not doing it wrong.

Group 1 merits are perfect, Group 2 is really whatever you want (with NFR capped).

If you want to ask anymore questions let me know. You can sell your Azoth and get that augment fight dagger (assuming you get a decent one) and get some gil back, or work towards a Dakani.
Listen to this person
^
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-05-30 22:34:36  
Night join my sky shell~
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-30 22:35:32  
You should get waltz hat, seriously. It's great for everything. Mine's Waltz/WS acc... not that I WS all that much. Up to you what you want for the second option.

As for Saber Dance, I use it for WSes, but that's always silly things like farming or campaign. The only real use I've used it on (and that was today) was farming Bhaflau Remnants, lowman. I *think* it really helped killing Mad Bomber. Was nice to use on the Ramparts, etc since the RDM was curing us and all I had to worry about was raping the pop's faces off.

Fan Dance is really nice (I only have 1 merit in both fan and saber) I use it for an "Ohshit" then take it off when the PDT goes down. Although, I use DNC more for party situations, so I'm usually not getting hit, and don't really need more merits in Fan Dance. I'd solo things but my boyfriend can solo Jesus so... :<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 22:35:43  
Dibs on wlegs!
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-05-30 22:36:18  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Night join my sky shell~
Sky is great, for farming. I solo stats up there farming Dio while recapping buffer and meriting. It's my "quiet-time"
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 22:36:43  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
You should get waltz hat, seriously. It's great for everything. Mine's Waltz/WS acc... not that I WS all that much. Up to you what you want for the second option.
STR/WSDMG for DD DNC!!!

/runs
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-30 22:48:32  
Wouldnt cure+5% be better then 2 secs off of timer?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 22:51:13  
For max potency yeah, but 2 seconds off recast is way more than a 5% increase in your ability to spam Waltzes. Lower recast = faster cures = less chance of random death.
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-30 22:53:53  
Never been in a situation where I needed to spam waltzs everytime its up with -2 seconds, let alone had the TP to do so outside of trancing, which is unlimited tp and like -50% recast on waltz.
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-05-30 22:54:48  
what Night said, in all honesty, is true. Cant count the times when someone has died due to a massive tp attack followed by a crit hit or through some triple attack followed by a TP move and the timer on waltz showed :01 ><
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-30 22:55:18  
I have to spam waltzes at timer every time I play DNC <___<;
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-30 22:55:53  
Thats because your rdm doesnt use cure :P
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-05-30 22:57:16  
Sylph.Kimble said:

Sadly, if im spamming waltz like that, there is no rdm to cure, its just me healing
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-05-30 22:57:23  
Koz+kimble O.O
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 22:57:39  
Sylph.Kimble said:
A RDM cannot keep up with all their other duties and act as a primary healer in most situations where a DNC is present. This is assuming you even have a dedicated RDM... If your RDM can take up the slack, either they're doing it wrong or your DDs are. If you don't have a RDM, I'd be very surprised if you're not waltzing at recast.

EDIT: Also what Niniann said.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-30 22:58:15  
If you're not spamming cures make a macro to put in etoile tiara, if you're spamming swap out to otherhat. Should use otherhat for Healing Waltz anyway. And there's not that many times where if I use a cure that's the only one I need to do for 10+sec. :/
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-05-30 23:02:05  
are u guys talking about merit parties or what?
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-30 23:08:07  
Anything group oriented. Merits are the major thing where I spam at timer. Einherjar too. Dynamis is usually pretty laid back unless there's a bad pull or it's CoP dyna, etc.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-30 23:08:31  
Guys take ***way to seriously, lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-30 23:11:23  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
A RDM cannot keep up with all their other duties and act as a primary healer in most situations where a DNC is present. This is assuming you even have a dedicated RDM... If your RDM can take up the slack, either they're doing it wrong or your DDs are. If you don't have a RDM, I'd be very surprised if you're not waltzing at recast.

K, now I'm confused what you're talking about.. I always end up main healing on RDM in merit parties. Even when we do have DNC, I'm still the one responsible for keeping everyone alive... I'd like to say I do a pretty damn good job of it too, considering my healing magic is still gimped, and the only merits I have that benefit RDM so far are Convert Timer (1), Enfeebling Magic (1, but also doesn't get used in merit pt) and MP (1, I wouldn't have chosen this merit, and if/when it comes time I need to replace it, it will be done, this merit was chosen when someone else was using my account, I might would have understood it if I were Elvaan, or Galka, but I'm a Taru..)

Granted I do feel overwhelmed about 90% of the time, but other then my very last pt, I haven't had to tell them wait up so I could rest, and still kept them all alive, minus the occasional 'omgwtfroxorz' move the mob pulls on us... (where they have hate, pretty much get one shotted and I can't get up quick enough to even cast Cure II on them before they hit the ground) I keep up with it just fine.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 23:11:57  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
are u guys talking about merit parties or what?
The RDM thing I mentioned is from meripo-based maths, but it holds for a lot of situations where you've got a DNC present and DNC are (should be) going all-out.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 23:13:07  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

K, now I'm confused what you're talking about.. I always end up main healing on RDM in merit parties. Even when we do have DNC, I'm still the one responsible for keeping everyone alive... I'd like to say I do a pretty damn good job of it too, considering my healing magic is still gimped, and the only merits I have that benefit RDM so far are Convert Timer (1), Enfeebling Magic (1, but also doesn't get used in merit pt) and MP (1, I wouldn't have chosen this merit, and if/when it comes time I need to replace it, it will be done, this merit was chosen when someone else was using my account, I might would have understood it if I were Elvaan, or Galka, but I'm a Taru..)
Are you hasting everyone? Casting Dia II (or III) on every mob? Are all DDs using Hasso?
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-30 23:13:21  
Didn't really read the whole thread, but why should a DNC have to be healing in a party with a RDM? RDM can do it just fine with 3 SAM, BRD, COR, RDM. What's the difference if they switch out a SAM for a DNC?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 23:13:45  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Cop-out
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-05-30 23:13:56  
I dont do group things on dnc that much but w/ the little things i have done i didnt need to spam waltzs.
I did need to spam waltzs in my first dnc meritpo but it was b4 dnc merits and these add-ons.. Setup was dnc/sam thf, drgx4 think one or 2 drgs were /mage
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-05-30 23:14:20  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Taking Dnc to Dyna, einherjar (Tier II, Tier III, or Odin's chamber) is NOT taking anything seriously, I can assure you
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-30 23:14:41  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

If you're in a party with a DNC (at least on merit level) they should be healing, or at least taking up the majority of the healing duties. You should be Dia II(III)ing every mob, hasting everyone (including the DNC) and Erasing ATT down (if you're pulling wivres), and cleaning up cures where the DNC can't. You shouldn't be 'main' heal, though.

Edit: @Ent With a DNC DDs should be subbing not-nin and using full-out offensive JAs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 23:15:12  
Siren.Enternius said:
Didn't really read the whole thread, but why should a DNC have to be healing in a party with a RDM? RDM can do it just fine with 3 SAM, BRD, COR, RDM. What's the difference if they switch out a SAM for a DNC?
Thorny did some math a while back that showed that there's basically no way a RDM can cure, haste, Erase (if necessary), and Dia every mob in a Hasso onry meripo. DNC picks up the slack.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8