Abyssea Areas: Anyone Wana Guess Where The Maws Going To Be?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea areas: Anyone wana guess where the Maws going to be?
Abyssea areas: Anyone wana guess where the Maws going to be?
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-17 12:51:53  
I'm guessing that its going to be in the 3 teleport areas (Dem, Mea, and Holla) because if you look at the 2 pictures here you would see that they are both in La Theine Plateau.

Which would make sense, if you think about it. What better way to start new areas by using older areas (hello WotG).
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-17 12:57:58  
Also everyone please stop saying that's the new AF because it's just the new level 76+ gear along the way like usual.

It's a pink version of Noct gear, a white version of Alumine gear, a blue version of Baron's gear, and a Black version of bison gear.

HOWEVER, all of the weapons are new they are holding.

>_>

so stop itttt.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-05-17 12:59:39  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Also everyone please stop saying that's the new AF because it's just the new level 76 gear along the way like usual.

It's a pink version of Noct gear, a white version of Alumine gear, a blue version of Baron's gear, and a Black version of bison gear.

>_>

so stop itttt.

Source for this, or is this speculation as well?
[+]
 Shiva.Lorielain
サーバ: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-17 13:00:25  
It's the new AF >_> There are no pink versions of noct gear, white alumine, blue baron, or black bison gear.
CLEARLY THE AF
And since I'm ah AMURICUN
evurthang I say is right!
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-05-17 13:02:50  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Also everyone please stop saying that's the new AF because it's just the new level 76 gear along the way like usual.

>_>

so stop itttt.

In all honesty.. im hoping these arent just reskins of old equipment, that infact SE is planning on letting us dye gear like the furia stuff... that would be epic
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-05-17 13:04:38  
Shiva.Lorielain said:
It's the new AF >_> There are no pink versions of noct gear, white alumine, blue baron, or black bison gear.
CLEARLY THE AF
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-17 13:06:10  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

>_>

so stop itttt.

All of them are already in the .dat's... the new AF3 are not. They literally announced on the version update details the new gear/weapons for the level cap raise.

2+2=4?

I mean i guess you can call that speculation but it seems fairly obvious at this point.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Lorielain
サーバ: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-17 13:12:51  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
CLEARLY THE AF
I was looking for this picture.
...Just as planned.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-05-17 13:22:52  
I wonder if abyssea is future vanadiel?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-05-17 14:12:07  
pretty cool map lol.
Isn't tenzen's home far west? :3 i wanna see it.

Also isn't it kinda strange. there really isn't any "asian" style architecture in the game.
I wanna see some of that
 Odin.Mikumaru
サーバ: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-05-17 14:19:32  
Pre Req states RotZ and WotG need to be installed . The Literature sez New Maws appear as gate ways . Its possible that there may be a 2nd/3rd version of Areas , similar to Shadowreign , maybe designated with '[A]' . Either way looks cool. Funny side note , Product info sez you can Quest in Abyssea @ 30 but the Battling is targeted for 75+ .
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2010-05-17 14:22:06  
If you all remember that in the release of the info they game us a while back. the new area will be attached through the past using the area called "Walk of Echos" Will more then likely have to get to this zone via the past somewhere. There will more then likely be a new maw/maws placed somewhere in the WoTG area that we will have to locate. We will find out more on that when the update is released and the missions are completed. so if you have not finished missions up to this point get your butt moving
 Asura.Draginhikari
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Draginhikari 2010-05-17 14:41:48  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Why would people assume this reskin of low level gear would be AF3? They'll probably just do the same thing they did with AF1 to AF2, being: color reskin or add a different design on a couple pieces to make it look different.

They already showed the PLD and BLM at Vanafest and they don't look anything like the AF or Relics
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-05-17 14:45:20  
I hope they add a new main city for abyssea areas...tired of sitting in whitegate xD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-05-17 14:52:24  
I have a feeling that these new areas are going to be the alternate Vanadiel talked about in the WotG storyline, but that's just a guess.
[+]
 Titan.Xantavia
サーバ: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-05-17 16:18:49  
Since the website says you need WotG installed, I'm guessing the new maws will be in Fort KN, Vunkerl Inlet, and Grauberg. 1 maw for each expansion.
 Sylph.Raptorx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Raptorx
By Sylph.Raptorx 2010-05-17 16:37:40  
All of that gear has been in Altana Viewer for a while now, except the body that the thf is wearing.
By Tristean 2010-05-18 02:57:52  
I'm thinking that too.

I just started doing the WotG storyline and now that I think of it, the decimated main cities would make awesome areas to end game at haha.