言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » GEO observations
GEO observations
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16
By Kalley 2013-03-29 05:07:34  
SCH is an interesting sub.. I plan on trying that when I wake up actually.. Hmmm.. What regen do you get as sub sch... Gotta thing of what were losing.. refresh spell and convert... atm with refresh aura (150skill it may get stronger) and refresh on im getting 5 a tic.. but then we gain sublimation so that kinda negates the refresh.. we lose phalanx and our magic attack bonus traits but we gain conserve MP.. I believe we also get a few storms fire storms being one.. maybe to stack with our GEO STR??? but then I believe we only get cure III as /sch.. also we lose our IVs??? I was getting ready to sleep and just checked fourms one last time b4 bed so I need to research exactly what we would have what we wouldn't have a SCH.. could deff be viable.. but if we lose the IVs especially like thunder IV I say its a no go.. I was nukeing in Reive for 1.5-2k thunder IVs and thundera II /rdm.. GEO can pack a punch with IVs.. plus u get cure III and IV, fast cast (nukes fireing off at 30% or less we also get elemental celerity naturally) of course phalanx.. well any comments throw em out deff be interesting next few days for GEO!!
By Sakuhra 2013-03-29 05:21:49  
Kalley said: »
SCH is an interesting sub.. I plan on trying that when I wake up actually.. Hmmm.. What regen do you get as sub sch... Gotta thing of what were losing.. refresh spell and convert... atm with refresh aura (150skill it may get stronger) and refresh on im getting 5 a tic.. but then we gain sublimation so that kinda negates the refresh.. we lose phalanx and our magic attack bonus traits but we gain conserve MP.. I believe we also get a few storms fire storms being one.. maybe to stack with our GEO STR??? but then I believe we only get cure III as /sch.. also we lose our IVs??? I was getting ready to sleep and just checked fourms one last time b4 bed so I need to research exactly what we would have what we wouldn't have a SCH.. could deff be viable.. but if we lose the IVs especially like thunder IV I say its a no go.. I was nukeing in Reive for 1.5-2k thunder IVs and thundera II /rdm.. GEO can pack a punch with IVs.. plus u get cure III and IV, fast cast (nukes fireing off at 30% or less we also get elemental celerity naturally) of course phalanx.. well any comments throw em out deff be interesting next few days for GEO!!
why would you lose t4 with /sch? they are geo main spells lol
I will play with geo/rdm because fast caste convert gravity etc is nice /sch might be good to, but only cure3 D:
 Ragnarok.Loughry
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2013-03-29 05:40:24  
GEO has no native Enfeebling, Healing, or Enhancing skill. I'm sitting at 150 enfeebling skill, 160 enhancing skill and 139 Healing skill as /rdm. Sure you could gear up the skills, but you probably wouldn't break past 250 skill on anything. I'm not sure what I would be wanting to gravity with such low skill that I wouldn't just bring a RDM or SCH/rdm for.

Or you can just /sch, pop a JA, and have everything 370+
By Kalley 2013-03-29 10:40:37  
Morning, ya gravity or any enfeebles for that matter wont work /rdm. so biggest things you lose are Fast Cast, Phalanx, and Cure IV (This is a big one) gainined dark arts some strats sublimation so ya sch kinda looking nice.. and our cures are necessarly powerful without any initate skill... *shrug* I'm still trying to find GEO's niche in endgame.. im at about 200 GEO/Handbell skill now so i'll let u know ill be posting what some of our buffs do at certain skills lvls prob tonight late when im closer to 300 unless someone else gets to it b4 me.
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-03-29 10:49:12  
Is there a cap on the number of Geo-/Indi- buffs/debuffs you can put up? How long are the durations?

Ragnarok.Loughry said: »
GEO has no native Enfeebling, Healing, or Enhancing skill. I'm sitting at 150 enfeebling skill, 160 enhancing skill and 139 Healing skill as /rdm. Sure you could gear up the skills, but you probably wouldn't break past 250 skill on anything. I'm not sure what I would be wanting to gravity with such low skill that I wouldn't just bring a RDM or SCH/rdm for.

Or you can just /sch, pop a JA, and have everything 370+

Except as /sch you have no use for enfeebling or enhancing skill anyway lol. Light arts cure 3 will be about as potent as cure 4 from /rdm or /whm thou, and more mp efficient.
By Kumbai 2013-03-29 10:52:15  
You can only have 1 Indi sphere and 1 Luopan active at one time.

Indi-Regen and Geo-Regen will not combine together, however if a second GEO uses Indi-Regen then it will stack.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-03-29 11:14:42  
Not really sure what to think about GEO, I mean, it's buff at glance seem mediocre, everything it has more or less is possessed by the other buffers, possibly better/the same than GEO's peak. So putting GEO in a DD pty with the COR and/or BRD just seems impractical, given how overall DPS would be better if you replaced the GEO with another DD.

The defence buff may be useful, so I wont rule GEO completely useless, I mean DEF is going to be a big part of the game now.

Think it has a Evasion down debuff aswell? useful to be put into a misc pty or RNG party. If the Attack spell is potent, atleast close if not better than 4-song BRD with minuets, I'd love that in a RNG pty.
By Kumbai 2013-03-29 11:44:35  
That's my current worry too. I'm a main BRD, and right now all I can see GEO being is a makeshift magic DD with buff capabilities.

I'm working on my skill atm, so I'll hopefully be able to give capped skill buff potency numbers later on, however it still feels like it's gonna fall very short of x2 Minuet, let alone x3 or x4.

I was just saying to my LS mate who burned it up to 99 with me that if SE had any sense they would of given GEO a regain spell to make up for taking regain off of Embrava.
[+]
By Kalley 2013-03-29 15:27:17  
Regain or a Potent Haste Aura woulda given GEO a sure place..
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2013-03-29 19:09:32  
i leveld GEO to 92, and disapoint..

Gear: unless you have any "universal" light armor such as NNI,salvage etc. finding gear you have 2 options.
1. lolteal
2. work hard in endgame content
so no real "inbetween" like BLM/RDM/SCH have AF3+2

Buffs: i skilled up to ~200 geo and hendbell
and well. my findings are there kinda sub par.
29 attack with fury, and +9 STR with the STR boost one
refresh with these levels is only 3MP/tick so nothing worth leveling the job for there. hard telling what ACC+ is. meh...

Elemental nukes: from what minor gear i have. iv got a well gear BLM so most accessories where useable. i only did ~500-800 T-IV nukes so. yea. i'm greatly disappointed with that

costs: 100k-500k for BASIC spells like paralyze... ffffUUUUUUUU to that.

DD: if you was looking forward to do massive CLUB DD-ing with this job due to its reputation in previous final fantasy games for being "alright" think again. they do NOT get the 70+DMG clubs. and NOTHING in gear. at least WHM gets blessed....

other: unlike bard buffs where you can specify who gets what buffs. thats very limited with GEO considering you can only have 2 buffs up at once at any given time.

in general. i'm grealy upset with the job. its in the same boat with RDM in a way it has no "real" place. most other jobs can do what it can but better...

people my want to rate this down. but this is just my understanding so far. this may change with updates/adjustments SE will HOPEFULLY do. *also AF equivalent and merits could be game changers*
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 19:15:26  
Bismarck.Danz said: »

Gear: unless you have any "universal" light armor such as NNI,salvage etc. finding gear you have 2 options.
1. lolteal

refresh with these levels is only 3MP/tick so nothing worth leveling the job for there. hard telling what ACC+ is. meh...

Elemental nukes: from what minor gear i have. iv got a well gear BLM so most accessories where useable. i only did ~500-800 T-IV nukes so. yea. i'm greatly disappointed with that

other: unlike bard buffs where you can specify who gets what buffs. thats very limited with GEO considering you can only have 2 buffs up at once at any given time.

in general. i'm grealy upset with the job. its in the same boat with RDM in a way it has no "real" place. most other jobs can do what it can but better...

people my want to rate this down. but this is just my understanding so far. this may change with updates/adjustments SE will HOPEFULLY do. *also AF equivalent and merits could be game changers*

Here's the thing chief, of course you're gonna be disappointed at first. The AF1/2/3 sets aren't out yet. Those typically enhance a job greatly, with pieces here and there. Hell on most jobs there is still at least 1 usable AF1/2/3+2 piece from each of those sets at 99.

Your gripe about spell cost is probably warranted, but did anybody actually see if there are new NMs/quests/events that drop them? The expansion has been out for like 2 days, of course there is stuff to discover. But if you are so quick to just haul *** to 90+ you're gonna buy all your spells from the first/easiest available means.
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2013-03-29 19:17:15  
did not buy the more expensive spells. stoped at the slow one. others ill wait to see if there's a more common means of finding them
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 19:20:14  
And how many bells are out, atm? I'm guessing a very low amount, ya?
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2013-03-29 23:22:44  
From looking at "New Items" the one you start off with is the only one
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 23:26:57  
Ragnarok.Cheweh said: »
From looking at "New Items" the one you start off with is the only one

That's what I thought, but I was making a point. Of course people are gonna be somewhat disappointed with the new jobs because their gear isn't even close to fleshed out. I'm sure there will be plenty of Bell options to bolster Geo and it's many abilities.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2013-03-29 23:36:21  

1. lolteal

DD: if you was looking forward to do massive CLUB DD-ing with this job due to its reputation in previous final fantasy games for being "alright" think again. they do NOT get the 70+DMG clubs. and NOTHING in gear. at least WHM gets blessed....

Maybe you should let the expansion breathe a bit before you shoot down the job. We haven't even quantified the full potency of they spells yet.

Anyways from what it looks like on paper, /SCH looks to be an inferior sub unless you absolutely need to make that jump from B- to B+ Elemental/Dark magic for whatever reason. I'm 100% certain SE will release AF/Relic gear that has Elemental magic skill on it regardless.

I'm guessing /RDM and /WHM will be the subs of choice for this job, more so /RDM. /RDM provides extra Refresh, Cure 4, Haste, Convert, Fast Cast II and Magic Attack Bonus II. Seems almost tailor made for a job that will be busy running between the frontline and the back.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-03-29 23:40:48  
I guess you werent around Danz when the new BLM spells came out, they were always super expensive for the first few weeks, I paid 1.4m for Thunder V. Did I regret it? Nope, made it all back selling other spells. Spell cost is hardly a worthy complaint, though I am extremely surprised SE didn't launch the AF gear with the jobs. To me AF gear is the symbol of the job, its what makes you identifiable as that job, to just have people use patchwork gear is odd. Sure a lot of jobs have far superior gear than what AF provides but still, for the casual gamer in 2013, AF is generally more than ok.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 23:47:12  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I guess you werent around Danz when the new BLM spells came out, they were always super expensive for the first few weeks, I paid 1.4m for Thunder V. Did I regret it? Nope, made it all back selling other spells. Spell cost is hardly a worthy complaint, though I am extremely surprised SE didn't launch the AF gear with the jobs. To me AF gear is the symbol of the job, its what makes you identifiable as that job, to just have people use patchwork gear is odd. Sure a lot of jobs have far superior gear than what AF provides but still, for the casual gamer in 2013, AF is generally more than ok.

No job came out with AF straight out of the gate, except the zilart expansion jobs I don't think, and even then I'm not 100% positive they did. Just sayin'.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-03-29 23:47:58  
Odin.Eikechi said: »

No job came out with AF straight out of the gate, except the zilart expansion jobs I don't think, and even then I'm not 100% positive they did. Just sayin'.

Cant remember.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 23:51:30  
Odin.Eikechi said: »

Cant remember.

Exactly. Regardless blu/cor/pup/sch/dnc didn't have AF as soon as they were released either. I didn't see Geo or Run being any different.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-29 23:54:43  
I'd imagine Geomancy caps at 800 combined skill like Bard songs, so like, I wouldn't count out their buffs when you're half-skilled. <.>
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-29 23:55:45  
I paid 1.4m for Thunder V.
That seems a little different to me. You paid 1.4mil for Thunder V because that is how much people were selling it for on the AH.
The Geo spells are(Currently and Possibly) only sold at an NPC for a fixed price.

Thunder V's price has nothing to do with anything, that was a price set by the players, Geo spell cost was set by SE.

Though yeah it is possible they drop somewhere from something, or a quest or god who knows, it has only been 3 days.

Always been like this, but I would have liked to see AF at least released at the start. There's probably not going to be any massive changes to these jobs between now and when it is actually released. Sort of tradition or not, it still seems kind of dumb to me.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Taereon
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2013-03-30 00:09:23  
What do you expect when you rush to cap? I learned my lesson with ToAU. Pace yourselves my friends.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-30 00:12:01  
DD: if you was looking forward to do massive CLUB DD-ing with this job due to its reputation in previous final fantasy games for being "alright" think again. they do NOT get the 70+DMG clubs.

Just bought one of these.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-03-30 00:30:31  
Plus they can use elemental magian clubs; they may not have an incredible damage rating, but they do have about two thirds of the delay.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-30 00:37:30  
Also, this:

Ohi TotM with DMG+3 WS Damage +10%
[+]
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2013-03-30 00:50:48  
And it may not be a high damage club, but the Sasah Wand looks like a pretty sweet melee club. 50DMG, but only a delay of 216, +60HP, +10Acc/Att, +5MAcc and +1 haste
 Asura.Aikchan
サーバ: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-03-30 01:56:37  

1. lolteal
Most players interested on Nares, already have them
those are lvl65sh skills refresh 3mp/tick normal for those lvl.
so those stats are according to those skills.
they dont have A on elemental afaik. like a sch nuking w/o stratagems
like gil is hard to get in this game -_-

Mage DD.. right...

welcome to the cor live. @ least dds near mob can have one and casters near geo can have the other..

so early for any conclusion
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-30 01:59:13  
Aikchan a b- is close to a sch with dark arts (b+). nuking without arts up would be a D I think. Geo is far better than that. Either Danz didn't have his elemental skill up, or his nuking gear is utter ***.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-30 02:23:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Not really sure what to think about GEO, I mean, it's buff at glance seem mediocre, everything it has more or less is possessed by the other buffers, possibly better/the same than GEO's peak. So putting GEO in a DD pty with the COR and/or BRD just seems impractical, given how overall DPS would be better if you replaced the GEO with another DD.

The defence buff may be useful, so I wont rule GEO completely useless, I mean DEF is going to be a big part of the game now.

Think it has a Evasion down debuff aswell? useful to be put into a misc pty or RNG party. If the Attack spell is potent, atleast close if not better than 4-song BRD with minuets, I'd love that in a RNG pty.

If there's a chance that Black Mage parties become very popular again (Voidwatch, Einherjar, Reives with Phys-Resist mobs, etc.), GEO may also be a serious manaburn support role.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16