First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16
 Bahamut.Unafay
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Unafae
By Bahamut.Unafay 2013-06-04 18:34:40  
Fenrir.Genesi said: »
@Unafay
I've main cured my party during Morimar Basalt plasm runs. I'd like you to explain to me how that's not gonna happen? Lol...please...700HP+ Cure IVs is plenty to do as such and that's what I prefer to do with my GEO. Nuking is a waste of MP.

Nuking and support is what that job is for, yes u can toss out a cure but there is no way that people should be dependant on them as a healer. Furthermore all dd's should have a pdt set and full set of meds anyway no reason they can't take care of themselves somewhat. In addition nuking isn't a waste of mp on some of the bosses, it is the only way to get them down where the dd's can finish them off. I am a main brd anymore and I sub /whm just so I can toss out a cure every now and then but that is what it is, every now and then.
 Bahamut.Unafay
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Unafae
By Bahamut.Unafay 2013-06-04 18:36:12  
Ragnarok.Zirael said: »
Nowhere. As a GEO your secondary responsibility is support healing/hasting.

EDIT: If you worked hard enough on your gear sets, you could be a decent primary healer as well, opening up an extra slot for a DD or otherwise.

GEO is not a healer no matter what you say. That's like saying blm's should cure, seriously not gonna happen.

You do realize that with proper gear you can still do a decent C4? It's not like the spell is uncastable on a BLM or GEO if you sub RDM or SCH or WHM.
We've had this already. SMN/WHM nostalgia?

I used to feel so bad for smn's being forced to main heal, is one of the reasons I didn't lvl it till just recently.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-04 19:18:20  
I sub BLM or DRK because my linkshell has a very capable support structure (Highest Yagrush/player Ratio in Vanadiel, dawgs) but fewer people have access to Impact currently, so I sit in the SCH stungun party and get Pianissimo Ballads, help stun if the SCHs are having issues or during free-stun fights, and cast Impact when it's up.

If I didn't need to Impact, I'd use /RDM and help heal/haste SCHs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Allslove
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Allslove
By Ragnarok.Allslove 2013-06-04 19:37:06  
My apologies if this has been asked and/or answered before.

Does un-equipping the bell (and equipping something like a nuking or fast cast ammo) alter the potency of Indi- or Geo- spells? I just noticed that the animation "recasts" of sorts when I do, and wasn't sure if it's the spell readjusting or the animation redoing itself because I blinked.
By Latifah 2013-06-05 00:16:22  
Anyone that uses healing gear on geo is just a lazy fk that don't want to spend money/time on the job (Because it does requires dedication to gather geo spells and plenty of gil for nukes/indies,)

Any job can be a forced healer putting cure pot on it. Because it's the easiest way, if you're not going to play it right like it's intended, just stop using it or go main SCH. I seen decently equipped geos pulling nice numbers with tier4 nukes. It will get a better on next patch.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-05 00:18:40  
Like I said, RDM melee reborn
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-05 00:25:46  
Pulling nice numbers on Tier IV nukes would be awesome if nukes mattered for much of anything (I'm sure SE will find some way to make them matter since they're bothering to update elemental magic).

If you're subbing not RDM or SCH it should be because you're in the Stun gauntlet or because you're using Impact, and there's no other reason.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-05 00:36:39  
Latifah said: »
Anyone that uses healing gear on geo is just a lazy fk that don't want to spend money/time on the job (Because it does requires dedication to gather geo spells and plenty of gil for nukes/indies,)

Any job can be a forced healer putting cure pot on it. Because it's the easiest way, if you're not going to play it right like it's intended, just stop using it or go main SCH. I seen decently equipped geos pulling nice numbers with tier4 nukes. It will get a better on next patch.
Having a healing set on GEO isn't being lazy, unless it's the only set you have. All my mage jobs have full potency cure sets, does that mean I'm being lazy? No, it means I can heal/support my group on whatever job I'm on at the time if the need arises.

It's primary role isn't to heal, but that doesn't mean it can't help out if needed.
By Latifah 2013-06-05 00:40:10  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Pulling nice numbers on Tier IV nukes would be awesome if nukes mattered for much of anything (I'm sure SE will find some way to make them matter since they're bothering to update elemental magic).

If you're subbing not RDM or SCH it should be because you're in the Stun gauntlet or because you're using Impact, and there's no other reason.
This is inaccurate and vague.
It does not matter much on adoulin because the lack of gear/high evasion on monsters,

Last time i checked ele spells are useful on abyssea/voidwatch/most content. I never mentioned something about subs. Blu, blm and smn should use cure pot gear full time then, specially blu, since most spells miss-fest, specially on bosses i guess? /rolleyes.
By Latifah 2013-06-05 00:42:06  
Asura.Calatilla said: »

Having a healing set on GEO isn't being lazy, unless it's the only set you have. All my mage jobs have full potency cure sets, does that mean I'm being lazy? No, it means I can heal/support my group on whatever job I'm on at the time if the need arises.

It's primary role isn't to heal, but that doesn't mean it can't help out if needed.
I agree, but according to Genesi, wearing full time cure pot gear like " it should be", it's the right way.
Needs to be addressed, cause it's not
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-05 00:47:01  

It does not matter much on adoulin because the lack of gear/high evasion on monsters, last time i checked ele spells are useful on abyssea/voidwatch,most content. I never mentioned something about subs. blu blm and smn should use cure pot gear full time then, specially blu, since most spells miss-fest, specially on bosses

Nukes don't matter for damage in 99% of the old content you listed.
By Latifah 2013-06-05 00:50:40  

It does not matter much on adoulin because the lack of gear/high evasion on monsters, last time i checked ele spells are useful on abyssea/voidwatch,most content. I never mentioned something about subs. blu blm and smn should use cure pot gear full time then, specially blu, since most spells miss-fest, specially on bosses

Nukes don't matter for damage in 99% of the old content you listed.
That's a flaw on this game, sadly. But not 99% is still relevant on abyssea and some events.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-05 00:52:33  
A flaw that you should probably accept rather than fruitlessly resist and diminish the capacity of the job you're playing
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-06-05 00:54:33  
/PUP or gtfo
By Latifah 2013-06-05 00:54:56  
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
A flaw that you should probably accept rather than fruitlessly resist and diminish the capacity of the job you're playing
Perhaps you should read the previous posts, just because nukes are "99%" useless on dmg, it puts blu and blm on the same page. elemental damage is still very relevant, since abyssea is not a dead content yet
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-05 00:59:46  
I don't even know what you're arguing anymore

If GEO is relevant and you're not in a manaburn, support people; If GEO is relevant and you're in a manaburn, deal damage and support people; If GEO is not relevant, don't show up GEO.
By Latifah 2013-06-05 01:05:19  
Bahamut.Unafay said: »
Fenrir.Genesi said: »
@Unafay
I've main cured my party during Morimar Basalt plasm runs. I'd like you to explain to me how that's not gonna happen? Lol...please...700HP+ Cure IVs is plenty to do as such and that's what I prefer to do with my GEO. Nuking is a waste of MP.

Nuking and support is what that job is for, yes u can toss out a cure but there is no way that people should be dependant on them as a healer. Furthermore all dd's should have a pdt set and full set of meds anyway no reason they can't take care of themselves somewhat. In addition nuking isn't a waste of mp on some of the bosses, it is the only way to get them down where the dd's can finish them off. I am a main brd anymore and I sub /whm just so I can toss out a cure every now and then but that is what it is, every now and then.
Perhaps you should read and keep this in mind , instead trying to put 2004 terms (manaburns)/teaming with sylow on the subject in order to invalidate my posts. I'm done.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-05 01:07:10  
k bye
[+]
 Fenrir.Genesi
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-05 01:35:45  
Asura.Calatilla said: »

I agree, but according to Genesi, wearing full time cure pot gear like " it should be", it's the right way.
Needs to be addressed, cause it's not

When the hell did I say anything about full timing Cure Potency Gear. Refresh Set For Idle/Cure Potency,Cure Casting- For Support Cures and to step in as a primary if ***does hit the fan/Ele,INT,MAB if I decide to nuke/and the givin' PDT/MDT sets when needed.

A "lazy fk" GEO is one that does NOT have a cure potency set. I also have all the GEO and Indi spells. Don't call me lazy for fully optimizing a job that can buff/debuff/CURE/nuke when and as needed.

Not to mention my Geo/Bell skills are capped and fully merited.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-05 03:11:07  
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but did some small sample size testing with -ra/-ra II nukes tonight on Lv1 rabbits outside of W.Ron gate.
Using the Magic Recast Reduction direction (North).
Did about five rabbits per spell, no INT merits, hume, GEO/THF, Lightningsday.

With +7INT: Stonera was doing 413; with +7MAB: Stonera was doing 423.

Stonera II on the other hand~
With +7MAB: damage was 430; and with +7INT, damage was 449.

Also, range on Loupan effects seems to be about 6.3' from the loupan and Indi- spells reach up to 7' from the Geomancer.

Capped skills with 3/8 merits each, but I don't think that matters for ranges.

Kind of wish GEO's Dark Magic skill was higher too.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-08 22:08:53  
I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not, but Indi-Fury got another tier with merits.

Base Attack

Indi-Fury (389 skill)

Base Attack
Indi-Fury (389 skill)

This should correspond to +33/256 (was 32/256 before merits)

Indi-Frailty seems to mirror Indi-Fury, so it probably received another tier too but I haven't confirmed this. The tier up was at or before 781 combined skill. Stat spells also reached +21 at or before this point.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2013-06-08 23:03:37  
I don't call myself a lazy geo for caring around a cure set... considering i also carry around a really decent nuking set, idle refresh set, idle pdt/mdt set when standing in range, aspir/drain set, fast cast set, melee set (in satchel), and soon an enfeebling set when we get enfeebling skill next update. I still don't see what the problem with geo optimizing both their healing and nuking sets. My geo does around 650-700 Cure IVs. It isn't as potent as my scholar 1050-1200 cure IVs but its not weak either. Especially when doing delve boss content and you have to stand in range for both debuffs and need to be keeping yourself alive. Actually, now that I think about it, not having a cure set on geo is foolish considering you will be fully dependent on your support to be able to stand inside AOE range. You should also make sure you have capped stoneskin (I may add stoneskin pieces to my inventory now that I think about it) and fast cast to reapply stoneskin fast while in range.
[+]
By Eijii 2013-06-11 00:47:47  
kenshynofshiva said: »
Eijii said: »
Not sure if it was mentioned but there is a way to see how often your debuff procs for GEO. I found out when I had a loupan on a mob and there was a dancer in party and everytime the debuff proced I got the haste samba effect. The procs were rly nice and constant.. at least on the Gnat NM. If it's old news just ignore :)

Interesting what debuff was you using by the way?
I was using Eva down Loupan and Defense down Indi so not sure which was it from but I was getting the effect and I was not meleeing it. And sry for the long reply.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-11 08:25:12  
kenshynofshiva said: »
Not sure if it was mentioned but there is a way to see how often your debuff procs for GEO. I found out when I had a loupan on a mob and there was a dancer in party and everytime the debuff proced I got the haste samba effect. The procs were rly nice and constant.. at least on the Gnat NM. If it's old news just ignore :)

Interesting what debuff was you using by the way?
I was using Eva down Loupan and Defense down Indi so not sure which was it from but I was getting the effect and I was not meleeing it. And sry for the long reply.

That is some interesting coding SE has going on lol. With those effects it should be on full time as long as the mob stays in range hopefully they are not proccing cause that be meh. I can see paralysis proccing but eva and def better be full time lol. Guess it could being caused by resist and its a constant recheck..
 Bismarck.Diablosword
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-06-17 19:39:35  
Any thoughts on food?

Maybe some Tav Tacos for the +defense, or stick to +MP food...?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-17 19:47:43  
I eat tacos!
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-17 20:12:18  
That's not what I hear
[+]