フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » GEO observations
GEO observations
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-18 13:26:22  
Okay, so this is pretty hilarious.

As it stands, Dematerialize can be dispelled by enemies. DEV posts today confirm this is a bug, with a twist!

If Dematerialize is able to be dispelled, this also means that it can be absorbed and monsters would become temporarily immune to damage. This is not intended.

I don't know why I find this to be so funny, lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aselin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-06-18 13:31:52  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

As it stands, Dematerialize can be dispelled by enemies. DEV posts today confirm this is a bug, with a twist!

If Dematerialize is able to be dispelled, this also means that it can be absorbed and monsters would become temporarily immune to damage. This is not intended.

Wow, SE's bugs still continue to make me laugh and amaze me after nine years.

It's always funny how one problem causes another problem in something completely unrelated, or in this case, related.

Something along the lines of...
"Bug: Monster doesn't despawn properly when pet retreats.
... causes Bug: Moogle not loading Storage items."
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-18 13:35:14  
They'll fix it and it will end up causing Concentric Pulse to deal 99,999 dmg to all alliance members nearby.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-18 13:52:19  

[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-07-09 00:20:36  
Mending Halation is cure aoe/alliance, it heals by a lot if fully merited, tested it plenty of times. Very useful for reives/alliance events

it heals for around 600hp+
[+]
By Presidentmerman 2013-07-10 13:47:58  
Anyone know why Lifestream Cape only giving me +6 Geomancy skill?
By Zoltar 2013-07-17 08:59:19  
For GEO, what stats on staves/clubs help the most?

MACC?
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-07-17 09:02:45  
Presidentmerman said: »
Anyone know why Lifestream Cape only giving me +6 Geomancy skill?
Its only supposed to give 5 they are fixing it in a update
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-07-17 09:05:46  
Zoltar said: »

MACC?

MACC?
MACC isnt very important unless nuking. I prefer the new cure pot club other than that i use terra's/oneiros grip
By Zoltar 2013-07-17 09:12:27  
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »

MACC?

MACC?
MACC isnt very important unless nuking. I prefer the new cure pot club other than that i use terra's/oneiros grip

So if I was gonna full-time something temporarily, I'm probably best to use my Chatoyant Staff, yea?
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-07-17 09:25:09  
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »

MACC?

MACC?

So if I was gonna full-time something temporarily, I'm probably best to use my Chatoyant Staff, yea?
Eh.. Yea i suppose thats fine the issue is in if you die you screw the ally your mp pool drops to like 300 and the spells are 294 for frailty and if your orb dies you will be in serious trouble ESPECIALLY if you are the Langour using Geo. That MEVA down is super important
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-07-19 17:06:12  
I believe that each Geo- luopan has a different max HP. All tests done after using Blaze of Glory. I spammed <pethpp> like a madman to get as accurate of a % as possible.

Geo-Barrier had 43%HP. Life Cycle restored 434 HP bringing it up to 73%. If my math is right, that means it has 1446 HP (really 1446.6, knowing SE I round down).

Geo-Fury had 45%HP. Life Cycle restored 435 HP (not quite sure why it gave 1 more HP, same gear used) bringing it up to 74%. If my math is right, that means it has 1500 HP (exactly).

Geo-Voidance had 44%HP. Life Cycle restore 437 HP (again not sure why it's different, same gear) bringing it up to 75%. If my math is right, that means it has 1409 HP (really 1409.6).

Same gear and capped skills used in every test.

Now when it comes to Mending Halation and Radial Arcana (which I believe SE says is based on max HP (it's not based on current HP, same amount healed at 100% as 1%, tested in Delve)) this may make a difference. Whether or not it's noticeable or not I can't say yet.

Edit:
Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
Mending Halation is cure aoe/alliance, it heals by a lot if fully merited, tested it plenty of times. Very useful for reives/alliance events

it heals for around 600hp+

No it is not! It works the same way that SMN pets do in a reive. In stuff like Delve Radial/Mending will only heal your party, not the alliance.
By Presidentmerman 2013-08-05 16:33:59  
At work atm, did they fix Lifestream Cape Stats?
By Mavrickx 2013-08-09 05:58:52  
Not sure if this is a glitch or not but my luopan has Damage Taken -50%.

-30% from Luopan's native trait
-10% from AF Geomancy Gloves
and here is the kicker...
-10% from augmented Selenian Cap.

Tested on 1k needles.
I took 500 damage and my Luopan took 253.

Before the Aug 5th update people have reported that pet gear does not affect Luopans. However, that no longer seems to be the case (at least for the moment). I assume if you have the -PDT staff Loupans can obtain PDT-62%.

Cerberus.Natsuhiko said: »
If you're overly bored you should see if Companion's Roll applies to the Luopan.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Companion's_Roll (Pet Regen + Regain)

Not that the Luopan needs Regain, but regen is nice lol.
Just tried this, doesn't work. Both <pettp> and the plugin PetTP reported no regain effect, and the luopan's HP fell just the same.

I also went ahead and tested this as well. As of now, Luopan is gaining both TP and HP under Cor's Companion Roll. Additionally Luopans are now also affected by Atma buffs (atmas had no effect on luopans prior to the Aug 5th update).

At GEO lv99 with Regen +20 HP/tick (Atma Mounted Champion) my lupon does not loose any HP from its dot effect. If I add another Regen atma, my loupan will start to regenerate HP. With Regen+35 from Atmas my Loupan recovers HP even while Blaze of Glory and Attrition are in effect.

I'd wait for word from SE before I go building pet -dt set though.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2013-08-09 06:05:05  
I noticed this also after the update. Atmas also seem to be affecting loupans now. Mounted champion was keeping my luopan at full health. Idk if it's a glitch or they had to change the way loupans worked due to af hands. Either way its pretty awesome!

edit: I can't read you already said atmas work lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2013-08-12 09:12:50  
Despite Luopans gaining HP from Atmas and now affected by Pet: Damage Taken gear, Dawn Mulsums are still not usable.

Also, Concentric Pulse does the same amount of damage based on Luopan HP%, it doesn't matter which Geocolure spell was cast. The ability is usable at 98% HP, it will typically do 1,402 damage and the damage is usually unresisted. Most MP Efficient spells to cast will be Geo-Poison for 25 MP or Geo-Voidance for 35 MP. This link gives a good estimate on Concentric Pulse's damage dealt based on Luopan's HP%. Concentric Pulse Chart I have not yet tested out whether or not Atmas affect damage dealt by this ability. Prior to the update, they did not.

The HP and MP recovery from Mending Halation and Radial Arcana are only dependent on Merit Points. The Luopan's HP has no effect on the amount of HP recovered. Most MP efficient use would be to use Geo-Poison or Geo-Voidance and use the abilities immediately after, or wait til your current Luopan cast is near depleted.
By Moltar 2013-08-12 15:17:56  
Has enyone tested the effect of luopans on pets ? like fury, regen, voidance... etc.
By fattrav 2013-08-13 15:23:51  
I remember when Geo was being introduced, I thought the devs said the position of yourself or your loupon had an effect on the potency of your geo spell. Is there any testing or rules for this?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-08-13 16:02:45  
So wait, I thought the Luopan DT-10% comes into effect after casting the Luopan, not just when the Luopan is up. Is it only applied when the Luopan is up, meaning, I would have to full-time the hands to keep the DT -10% in effect?
By Enuyasha 2013-08-23 15:56:15  
Question: What skill level is adequate enough for Geo-Frailty to be considered "Good enough"? I have 375(360+15)/373 and 357/373. IS that enough combined skill to be good on Tojil and whatnot?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [402 days between previous and next post]
By Chimerawizard 2014-09-29 16:59:24  
Vavaud said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »
Vavaud said: »
Anyone notice a nasty skillup rate drop at 250/250? I started the night with 250 Geo, 248 handbell, and after 1 hour of skillup with Poultry Pitaru I got .1 Geo skill, and hit 250 handbell with nothing beyond. Tried changing to Seafood Pitaru, after 10 minutes nothing, then 10 minutes in sea on dolphins and still nothing...
I think that generally happens with any C-rank skill

Try doing Geo- spells on Flux 5 Worms in Abyssea-Uleguerand, they'll probably provide a higher skill-up rate since they're scaled higher against your current magic skill.

You can just slap on Atmas like Minikin/MountedChampion/Stronghold, and stack it with Indi-Regen. Super Survivability power right there :P

Thanks for the tip! Trying again this morning in sea and there's still nothing, i'll hop over to abyssea and give that a shot.
did a search and asked a friend about the skillup rate once i hit ~220 skill I saw a dive in rate.
Now spamming Geo-Poison on a Wasp Nest like a PRO nub.

Thank you guys for the help.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-09-29 17:56:24  
You could try skilling up on a Reive emplacement? I was out in Marjami a few nights ago skilling up Great Axe on the boulders and stuff.
By Chimerawizard 2014-09-29 21:04:08  
Wasp nest is the lair reive target in ceizak. working wonders so far, >300 skill each and I left to make some gil.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16