2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » GEO observations
GEO observations
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-29 16:16:29  
Eijii said: »
Not sure if it was mentioned but there is a way to see how often your debuff procs for GEO. I found out when I had a loupan on a mob and there was a dancer in party and everytime the debuff proced I got the haste samba effect. The procs were rly nice and constant.. at least on the Gnat NM. If it's old news just ignore :)

Interesting what debuff was you using by the way?
 Fenrir.Ixn
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: unknown
By Fenrir.Ixn 2013-05-29 21:12:06  
Bismarck.Aselin said: »
Other than Geomancy, is there any other stats or skills that affect Geo- or Indi- spell potency and damage? And, what does Handbell affect? Magic accuracy?

Handbell does affect potency i believe.
Without a handbell equip you cannot gain access to that added skillz. (or so i think, i maybe drunk atm)
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-30 07:54:49  
Fenrir.Ixn said: »
Bismarck.Aselin said: »
Other than Geomancy, is there any other stats or skills that affect Geo- or Indi- spell potency and damage? And, what does Handbell affect? Magic accuracy?

Handbell does affect potency i believe.
Without a handbell equip you cannot gain access to that added skillz. (or so i think, i maybe drunk atm)

Geomancy + handbell = potency of spells in order to reach a spells full potential. Basically similar to how bard works combining skills. If you are capped and don't have a handbell equipped your spells are half strength and if /geo only a quarterish strengh.
 Valefor.Archaea
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Archaea 2013-06-03 19:35:48  
Just wondering if theres any thoughts on /DRK as a sub (going along the lines of the you're here for buffs and stun support only ofc)

Seeing a geo only has 3 dark spells i was just kinda wondering about the possibility of using absorbs lol (and a second stun with weapon bash :O)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-03 19:39:21  
DRK is what I sub on GEO unless I sub /BLM for Elemental Seal Impact.
 Phoenix.Tsuekasa
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zantherr
By Phoenix.Tsuekasa 2013-06-03 20:47:24  
Intresting on the /Drk. I might just have to unlock Dark then for that. With a decent Dark Skill I can see that working out.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-06-03 20:48:30  
Valefor.Archaea said: »
Just wondering if theres any thoughts on /DRK as a sub (going along the lines of the you're here for buffs and stun support only ofc)

Seeing a geo only has 3 dark spells i was just kinda wondering about the possibility of using absorbs lol (and a second stun with weapon bash :O)

/drk is worthless. Your skill is low and spells offered is weak. /sch b+ skill. As well as stratagisms.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-06-03 20:55:04  
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
Valefor.Archaea said: »

/drk is worthless. Your skill is low and spells offered is weak. /sch b+ skill. As well as stratagisms.

GEO gets native dark skill
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-04 09:12:56  
Crazy just zero survivabilty with those subs /drk and /blm can't really see /drk beating /blm at least get stun and warp I/II and MAB. I just use no stun but /rdm for MAB/refresh/and cures with stone skin and blink. I wish /sch had cure 4 ><;;.
 Fenrir.Genesi
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-04 09:24:16  
/RDM or gtfo.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-04 10:01:35  
I have to admit, I have trouble imagining /rdm is going to be beat on any high level stuff. Playing geo for the delve bosses I end up having to do a decent amount of cures and my luopan gets wrecked in 2-3 AoEs so MP seems like it would get overtaxed /blm. Also /blm stuns seem so slow compared to sch.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-04 10:50:43  
Yeah I wouldn't have imagined /DRK at first <_< assuming I get super crazy refresh in the mage party, it would be stuns and absorbs to use from it, yes? Interesting, but where would I find myself using it?
 Fenrir.Genesi
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-04 11:02:05  
Nowhere. As a GEO your secondary responsibility is support healing/hasting.

EDIT: If you worked hard enough on your gear sets, you could be a decent primary healer as well, opening up an extra slot for a DD or otherwise.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-04 13:16:24  
Fenrir.Genesi said: »

EDIT: If you worked hard enough on your gear sets, you could be a decent primary healer as well, opening up an extra slot for a DD or otherwise.
I actually find myself doing some nuking or re-casting geomancy if the healing from mages are spot-on, and healing more often on RDM than GEO >_>;

ugh, do I haaaaaave to get a Heka's on Q now? D:
 Fenrir.Genesi
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-04 13:22:36  
Quetzacoatl said: »

I actually find myself doing some nuking or re-casting geomancy if the healing from mages are spot-on, and healing more often on RDM than GEO >_>;

ugh, do I haaaaaave to get a Heka's on Q now? D:

I don't nuke too often while on GEO. Then again, I don't have the -ara II spells and I'm not too sure what their dmg output is :/. And Heka's is what I'm working on at the moment...0/tooMany.
By Latifah 2013-06-04 13:35:55  

it's a nuking job, doesn't even have native healing magic skill. it's like gearing a blm for cures
[+]
By Latifah 2013-06-04 13:37:25  
Geo/sch gets 370 dark/enfebb/elemental magic skill with black arts as /sch,

Can also compensate the lack of magic atk bonus traits AS /rdm with obi/twilight cape and weather spells.
But /rdm sub is the way to go, people needs to stop using healing gear on geo but /fast cast (for indi/geo/ spells)/nuking gear

I seen so many atrocities like full zenith geo, heka/tefnut wand mp.ect
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-04 13:53:45  
Latifah said: »

it's a nuking job, doesn't even have native healing magic skill. it's like gearing a blm for cures
whew, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought this way
[+]
 Bahamut.Unafay
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Unafae
By Bahamut.Unafay 2013-06-04 14:07:14  

GEO is not a healer no matter what you say. That's like saying blm's should cure, seriously not gonna happen.
 Fenrir.Genesi
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-04 14:17:07  
Just because it doesn't have a native healing skill doesn't mean it can't cure. I'm gearing mine towards support, which will benefit the alliance/party in more ways than gearing it towards nuking. And it will remain as such until I see some half decent nukes. Heka's is Best In Slot for healing/support so to say that is an atrocity is just idiotic.

@Unafay
I've main cured my party during Morimar Basalt plasm runs. I'd like you to explain to me how that's not gonna happen? Lol...please...700HP+ Cure IVs is plenty to do as such and that's what I prefer to do with my GEO. Nuking is a waste of MP.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-04 14:30:15  
The primary nuking jobs don't even get nuking roles outside of manaburn situations, why would a hybrid? Bring your cure pot. set, sub WHM or SCH, and be useful

Neo-RDM melee up in this ***. People are unbelievable
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-04 15:26:14  

Didn't stop smn for years lol....
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-04 15:40:14  
kenshynofshiva said: »

Summoner AT LEAST had 2 healing BPs and light ele... :P
 Fenrir.Genesi
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-04 16:01:23  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
kenshynofshiva said: »

Summoner AT LEAST had 2 healing BPs and light ele... :P

Geo also gets a 40HP indi/geo regen that with capped skills/merits the costs only 74MP that can be further boosted with Ecliptic Attrition and Blaze of Glory.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-04 16:04:28  
Don't get crazy

If your GEO isn't helping your pDIF or hitrate, you shouldn't have one, but unless you're fighting something that requires you to be in range/fulltime -DT, you should be supporting the rest of your alliance. Status ailments fly all over the place these days, even the best healers could use a hand
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-04 16:19:15  
Bahamut.Unafay said: »

GEO is not a healer no matter what you say. That's like saying blm's should cure, seriously not gonna happen.

You do realize that with proper gear you can still do a decent C4? It's not like the spell is uncastable on a BLM or GEO if you sub RDM or SCH or WHM.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zirael
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-06-04 16:31:00  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Bahamut.Unafay said: »

You do realize that with proper gear you can still do a decent C4? It's not like the spell is uncastable on a BLM or GEO if you sub RDM or SCH or WHM.
We've had this already. SMN/WHM nostalgia?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-04 16:34:12  
Not that there was/is even a better alternative for SMN, but /WHM and /RDM have come a long way since 75-cap. If your primary role requires little attention, you should be supporting, not pretending to be another job that shockingly isn't around itself
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2013-06-04 16:36:32  
why can't geo do both... I bring both my healing and nuking sets to delve. For instance, we have a mnk solo the mata while the other group is fighting either eft or raptor. I put fratilty on eft or topor on raptor then i cure and haste the mnk. When its time, to zerg down the mata with formless i toss indi topor on myself to help his hit rate and toss some capped damage nukes at the mata to guarentee it dies before another tp move. Then I move in to do double debuffs on whatever NM they are fighting. Or in ceizack i double debuff the chapuli and nuke it to speed up kill speed. etc etc.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-04 16:40:00  
Versatility is obviously preferable in fringe situations like those, but you're talking to people who are suggesting that one should prioritize elemental damage over support, which is just RDM melee silliness on a different job
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16