Pld subjob in voidwatch
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-05 17:02:30  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Sylph.Kiaru said: »
I think dodu only posts to show how much better he is to everyone.
Isn't that what you try to do?

Quote for truth.

All the *** time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Cairbear
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Cairthenn
By Leviathan.Cairbear 2011-09-05 18:57:41  
Isn't that the point of an MMO (Just sayin')?
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-09-05 19:01:27  
Shiva.Flionheart said: »

Quote for truth.

All the *** time.

Nah, trying to show much more dumber and clueless.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-05 19:50:28  
Leviathan.Cairbear said: »
Isn't that the point of an MMO (Just sayin')?

Nope
[+]
 Leviathan.Cairbear
user: Cairthenn
By Leviathan.Cairbear 2011-09-05 21:16:24  
It was a rhetorical question. The answer is yes. Sorry, play again.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-09-05 21:27:02  
I'm curious now, could you guys post up a few videos of you 4 manning Caelano? Interested to see how that works.
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-09-05 21:27:13  
Sylph.Kimble said: »
Shiva.Flionheart said: »

Quote for truth.

All the *** time.

Nah, trying to show much more dumber and clueless.

ಠ_ಠ
 Leviathan.Dodu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-05 21:49:17  

DODU I LOVE YOU YOU ARE AMAZING AT THIS GAME AND THE BEST PLAYER EVER <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3

'Cause I'm claiming my way is the best way, right? I'd adore to not be doing content that is infinitely more productive with alliances, ya' know, with alliances, but that's not an option for me right now. The only reason the numbers used for our clears were brought up was to make our odd job/SJ/tactics decisions seem less silly, and later to defend the idea that I wasn't somehow lying about something that was fairly conceivable. I'm in no way interested in bragging about how I've yet to attain any of the equipment that I'm interested in because of the feeble numbers at my disposal.

In short, go away.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-05 21:49:37  
Leviathan.Cairbear said: »
It was a rhetorical question. The answer is yes. Sorry, play again.

Nope
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-05 21:50:00  
Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
I'm curious now, could you guys post up a few videos of you 4 manning Caelano? Interested to see how that works.

If someone wants to give me a tutorial on in-game recording, sure.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-05 21:51:16  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »

I can give you a link to a fraps torrent.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-09-05 22:17:31  
Caelano, if you use the rift thats right after the gyser(dont remember pos, its by where the mobs start becoming hard.) theres a rock you can actually kite around. When voidwatch first came out (and we had no idea about procs) we did it there with smn smn rdm, garudas+kiting. Horrible for procs but if you just need to kill it, it works.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2011-09-05 22:42:33  
'Cause I'm claiming my way is the best way, right? I'd adore to not be doing content that is infinitely more productive with alliances, ya' know, with alliances, but that's not an option for me right now. The only reason the numbers used for our clears were brought up was to make our odd job/SJ/tactics decisions seem less silly, and later to defend the idea that I wasn't somehow lying about something that was fairly conceivable. I'm in no way interested in bragging about how I've yet to attain any of the equipment that I'm interested in because of the feeble numbers at my disposal.

I have no problems believing the fact that you are capable of low manning them since I know personally that it IS possible with a decked group seeing how we also low manned but with a few more members. My only issue is that you say you have a majority of the elemental procs when you don't bring a BLM, BLU, or NIN (maybe someone subs NIN I have no clue, just what I'm reading), like half the weapons (where you could probably bring a RNG in place of the THF and get more weapon procs, TH, and RNG abilities) and the fact that you don't time them (which I seriously recommend doing since it'll up your light% upon proc). I just think you underestimate your luck on weaknesses is all. Bring a BLM :)

Also as far as getting drops, even at 500% Light, it's all RANDOM as hell. After doing a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amount of voidwatch people in our group have been shafted, or have been granted the keys to the vault where they're allowed to take everything inside rofl. Even our mules get more stuff than our shafted members and they don't even trade cells. So yeah, drop system is basically how much the Random Number God hates you.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-05 22:49:53  
Sorry, my most recent description of my setup is (to my knowledge) the first time I've said its purely a THF mule. Sometimes its BLM, sometimes its THF. Pretty much depends on whether or not Cair feels like switching it(not that it actually has any elemental skill).
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2011-09-05 22:51:22  
Ahh ok, that makes a lot more sense then.
 Cerberus.Cronix
サーバ: Cerberus
user: cronix
By Cerberus.Cronix 2011-09-05 23:18:15  
I totally run PLD/PUP, man.

:datAutomaton (Who says PUP jokes died in 2007...)
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-09-13 02:41:12  

1. get your self fraps
2. set it up (mainly the key to start/stop recording
3. fight and record
4. compile it and post on youtube for us
5. profit ???

tbh i donno how you can do stuff like the vampyr T3 the crab T2 etc with 4 people well 2 + mules

also after reading back and the answer is totally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
For VW, what would your melee gears be without ochain when /war? Would you still go with full haste or would you gear toward shield skill and damage taken -?

just gear normally if no ochain/aegis, and schertzo is your best friend, have PDT for physical TP moves and MST for magical TP moves, before getting ochain 90 3 weeks ago i was using kaiser shield tanking np for all tier VWs. the only thing you cant do that ochain allows you to do is tank them weakend excpt from those TP moves that will 1 shot you weakend
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-19 11:17:16  

Other people have said it but just to reiterate:

Get FRAPS pro (pirate it).
Hit F10.
Fight.
Upload to Youtube.

Somewhat back on track to the post...

I plan on taking on every VWNM with DNC tank and my ls. INB4 "lol you'll never do it impossible blah blah blah." Windy T1 were a friggin' breeze.

Edit: YES I understand that the higher tiers are a lot harder... jeesh.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-19 12:02:19  
DNC will probably work about as well as any other mainstream DD-tank for most T1-T2, but there's virtually no way to make it work for most T3 and you don't stand a chance against T4. The fight mechanics are built specifically in the teeth of that kind of tactic. Voidwrought, for instance, will have you virtually stun-locked the entire fight, and when you aren't stunned, you'll have amnesia.

Enjoy the lower tiers, but I'd strongly advise against wasting your party's time trying to make it work against higher tiers.