フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Pld subjob in voidwatch
Pld subjob in voidwatch
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-05 02:00:36  
You would have to provide the near perfect alliance too because I already said I can't find people like that. The ones that proc every time you need meds to sustain the mp usage for the mnk, other healers that will cap the DD hp or the tanks and being able to do all this better than with a PLD tank.
 Leviathan.Dodu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-05 02:01:43  
Weaknesses don't need to be timed, they just need to be steady. One weakness every few minutes is more than enough, and assuming you have most of the jobs there, that should be a joke.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-09-05 02:11:18  
Fenrir.Gradd said: »
My DRK got one shotted by Hahava in full PDT gear, 1986 damage exactly, I have just barley 1.6k HP on drk, I really cant imagine a normal DD tanking VW NMs, DRK has some of the better PDT options in the game as well.

Also blocking TP moves isnt restricted to Ochain, other shields can block a blow dealt from a NMs TP moves, its just that ochain has 90-95% block rate so its happening virtually every attack.

any job can be 1 shotted by VW NMs including MNK without the right buffs. schetzo does wonders for T4 fights especially when you have weakness status on.

as for MNK tanking dont they take more dmg over all so requires more healing? i am not saying they cannot tank VW NMs but, to me PLD tanks are better for the longer slower controlled fights, since you cant capp the lights instantly all the time and can take a while doing so PLD seems to be the more logical choice to tank
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-05 02:19:54  
Heh, low-manning everything has made me completely forget about Scherzo and Earthen Armor. Excluding the fights that frequently dispel you(or dispel you right before the dangerous ***.. stupid fairy), I suppose that would nullify a large portion of MNK's advantage.

I don't think affects that reduce severe damage account for weakened HP, though.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-09-05 02:31:54  
seing thunderja doing 98 dmg while weakend status is nice to see or TP moves doing less than they usually do because of scherzo is really nice.

Quote:
Reduces the damage taken of attacks that would otherwise deal 75% or more of your maximum HP.

Applies to both physical and magical damage.

so yeah Schertzo does work while weakened status is on

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Weaknesses don't need to be timed, they just need to be steady. One weakness every few minutes is more than enough, and assuming you have most of the jobs there, that should be a joke.

also somethimes this cant happen
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-05 02:43:13  
That description is in no way indicative of it working while weakened.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-09-05 03:27:15  
That'd be pretty broken if Scherzo worked while weakened :|
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-09-05 03:43:18  
I said while weakned status as in the status you get fron 2 of the VW NMs whith schertzo does work. I have not even tried it while weakened after being KOd

I know ir does not say anything about working while weakened but it does say that if the dmg is greater than 75% of your max HP so your max hp is reduced while you're weakened so I'd say it would work.

And it works when you recieve weakend status via tp move
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-09-05 04:13:26  
I just wanna toss out some hp numbers for the debate:

elvaan pld:1763
taru pld:1453
elvaan mnk:1927(probably about 2000, hes not quite capped hp on my Screenshot)
taru mnk:1693

These are taken from screenshots of people from my events outside. all are wearing pure DD gear, no meridian rings or strendu mantles.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-09-05 04:29:45  
you're lying bro, your dudes full time meridian rings and strendu mantles on all their jobs
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-09-05 04:32:51  
YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DONT FULLTIME!?!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-09-05 04:33:29  
and i wish i did/could :(
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-05 04:38:00  
Obviously you full time Mantra and run a mnk Mantra rotation.
[+]
By Ashaaman 2011-09-05 04:52:09  
I remember back when super-scherzo was broke still, could tank Bukhis weakened w/o cruor buffs because his normal swings would do more than my taru's hp so they just hit for 0... Was nice, and then they fixed it :(
 Ragnarok.Raizell
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Exoda
By Ragnarok.Raizell 2011-09-05 06:14:06  
this is how i do it, Hahava+Voidwrought tank PT: PLD PLD BRD WHM WHM SMN and DD PT has a COR+RDM+4 DDs, and mages PT has a BRD

Celaeno same except tank PT only 1 PLD and replace second one with anything

done 150+ voidwatch (running on dusts now) and these set ups have a near 100% chance of clear smoothly with full proc
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-09-05 07:27:17  
Ragnarok.Raizell said: »
this is how i do it, Hahava+Voidwrought tank PT: PLD PLD BRD WHM WHM SMN and DD PT has a COR+RDM+4 DDs, and mages PT has a BRD

Celaeno same except tank PT only 1 PLD and replace second one with anything

done 150+ voidwatch (running on dusts now) and these set ups have a near 100% chance of clear smoothly with full proc

thats pretty much how my LS does it except we have THF in tank PT for some reason and SMN in with mage PT, dont ask why since i dont set it up. we do use 2xPLD for all the T4 fights tho and we only wiped twice due to a WHM afking in mid fight
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-05 15:28:23  
PLD WHM SMN THFmule (+COR for Voidwrought for a bit more damage) has given us all clears and rarely below ~350% alignment for categories that matter.

And you're wasting an absurd amount of manpower keeping two tanks alive. Get rid of one of them and shuffle in someone more useful.
By Quiznor 2011-09-05 15:37:39  
Odin.Sawtelle said: »
I just wanna toss out some hp numbers for the debate:

elvaan pld:1763
taru pld:1453
elvaan mnk:1927(probably about 2000, hes not quite capped hp on my Screenshot)
taru mnk:1693

These are taken from screenshots of people from my events outside. all are wearing pure DD gear, no meridian rings or strendu mantles.

I'm a tarudin and in my tp set outside abyssea I'm sitting at 1528 I believe it is.Thats...
Almace/Ochain/Thunder Sachet
Zealus/Creed (boo you JoFort)/Ethereal/Brutal
AF3+2 body/AF3+2 hands/Rajas/Meridian
Atheling/Goading/AF3+2 legs/AF3+2 feet

12/12hp merits

I also have a HP build I used to use back from PLD's best friend was SAM/THF,thinking of starting back using it again outside.I think that puts me around 1900hp in that.Its been a while since I put it on.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-05 15:42:42  
Don't waste your time with HP gear x:

Every other job tanks fine without it, why the hell do people suddenly think PLD should be geared differently? Drives me insane.

Sure you can TP in HP gear, but then anytime you macro in different gear Enmity/WS Gear you lose all of it making it rather pointless. I don't know about you but my PLD blinks like a *** X-Mas tree.

I don't even use HP gear for a cure kit, I'd rather force HP down then cure in full enmity.

Idk thats just how I see it, HP gear is pretty pointless imo.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-05 15:46:38  
Not that I'm an advocate of it, but if you cared about an HP build you'd hopefully have a SC toggle for it to lock you into said set while doing other things.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot 2011-09-05 15:50:58  
PLD WHM SMN THFmule (+COR for Voidwrought for a bit more damage) has given us all clears and rarely below ~350% alignment for categories that matter.

And you're wasting an absurd amount of manpower keeping two tanks alive. Get rid of one of them and shuffle in someone more useful.

I call BS. I would like to see a SS of your spectral alignment (on Voidrought to be more specific) with near capped lights with that set-up seeing how you're missing 80% of your red procs and 60-70% of your Blue procs
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-05 15:54:36  
-150% is near capped? Our lights are relatively awful.

And why its so unbelievable escapes me. Most GSD, all sword, partial dagger, most club, all staff, most light magic, most elemental magic, and partial dark magic. Toss in a few random procs from abilities.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot 2011-09-05 15:58:15  
I assumed you weren't counting cells, but apparently you were so yeah, your lights are crap and you're wasting your time on Void Watch if you cant cap lights IMO. Case closed.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-05 16:04:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot said: »
your wasting your time on Void Watch

Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot said: »
your missing 80% of your red procs
Case closed.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-05 16:04:30  
Thanks for your input. 70% of the maximum alignment isn't going to make us pack up.

Additionally, the two of us mostly became interested in VW because of the relative difficulty and the quest line. Considering we've cleared content with two people that 90% of the playerbase hasn't with alliances, I'd say we're doing alright.

And no alignment influence is necessary for a key drop to appear in your pool, its just incredibly unlikely. Unless you've done some arduous testing that nobody is aware of, you have no idea what the difference is between 350% and 500% red alignment. It could be a difference of 1% for all you know.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-05 16:33:14  
This thread should just stop tbh, he isn't gonna budge from his position and neither will the people using PLD tanks. I don't find ~600 HP more beneficial than any of the tools PLD has available (~600, more like 300 more hp).
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-05 16:37:45  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
This thread should just stop tbh, he isn't gonna budge from his position and neither will the people using PLD tanks. I don't find ~600 HP more beneficial than any of the tools PLD has available (~600, more like 300 more hp).

Heh, low-manning everything has made me completely forget about Scherzo and Earthen Armor. Excluding the fights that frequently dispel you(or dispel you right before the dangerous ***.. stupid fairy), I suppose that would nullify a large portion of MNK's advantage.

I don't think affects that reduce severe damage account for weakened HP, though.

You clearly think I'm significantly less reasonable than I actually am.

And as far as I know, we're no longer talking about that. We're now on the subject of imaginary drop rates that somehow make my engaging any of the aforementioned targets efforts in futility(even though I've gotten two key drops just through clearing the content).
 Sylph.Kiaru
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-05 17:01:38  
I think dodu only posts to show how much better he is to everyone.

DODU I LOVE YOU YOU ARE AMAZING AT THIS GAME AND THE BEST PLAYER EVER <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-05 17:02:07  
Sylph.Kiaru said: »
I think dodu only posts to show how much better he is to everyone.
Isn't that what you try to do?
[+]