言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Pld subjob in voidwatch
Pld subjob in voidwatch
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Damet 2011-08-31 14:41:22  
What's the best subjob for pld doing voidwatch? My ls will being starting voidwatch next week and was wondering what subjob the pld should be? Is pld/war ok for all the voidwatch fights? Our pld is almost finished with ochain so would /war be the best when he finishes ochain? Thanks~
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-31 14:46:40  
I /war with Ochain, ive heard of PLDs w/out Ochain doing just fine subbing /war as well.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-31 14:51:27  
Definitely /WAR or /BLU.
 Phoenix.Pugnax
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Pugnax
By Phoenix.Pugnax 2011-08-31 14:57:38  
personally, i go pld/drk to every voidwatch fight we do
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-08-31 15:02:52  
I kinda like /rdm for extra magic defense, and for refresh if others are busy with it. I have ochain but like Gradd says even a non ochain pld can /war and be fine. /dnc is ok for extra cures also and a inaccurate stun. /drk is good for extra hate tools and extra stuns never hurt.

what does blu bring to the table besides cocoon? Honest question im drawing a blank.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-31 15:22:17  
Odin.Skeero said: »
I kinda like /rdm for extra magic defense, and for refresh if others are busy with it. I have ochain but like Gradd says even a non ochain pld can /war and be fine. /dnc is ok for extra cures also and a inaccurate stun. /drk is good for extra hate tools and extra stuns never hurt.

what does blu bring to the table besides cocoon? Honest question im drawing a blank.
Some small accessory hate tools and killer traits but mostly cocoon, really only worthwhile if you're not confident about your healers. I'd consider /DRK but the ***worth using a PLD on builds resistance to Stun, no?
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-31 15:23:55  
Stun doesn't give ample hate anyway. I think that's just a slight bonus?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-31 15:25:18  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Stun doesn't give ample hate anyway. I think that's just a slight bonus?

Stun is basically flash in terms of enmity.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-31 15:26:02  
For some reason I thought it was reduced in correspondence with RDM tanking. Was it just the other spells in the arsenal that were limited?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-31 15:27:53  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
For some reason I thought it was reduced in correspondence with RDM tanking. Was it just the other spells in the arsenal that were limited?

When were stun used by RDM for tanking anyways? (other than jol)
Just the other spells, sleep etc
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-31 15:29:18  
I thought it was an across-the-board nerf, not that they used stun.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-31 15:34:22  
Blind I/II, Sleep I/II, Bind, Dispel. Repose was nerfed shortly after.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-31 15:35:15  
Swore SE nerfed stun's enmity as well.

Guess not. Hmm.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-31 15:37:45  
Both stun and flash are 180 ce 1280 ve.

Rdm's problem is a lack of spells with any CE hate though so stun isn't really helpful especially since it would have to be on a very low recast to make any difference since it's just a single spell. They didn't have to nerf it.

/end derail.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-08-31 15:39:31  
All of the BLU sleeps below 49 are 320/320, though to be honest I don't find much time to cast them between everything else but they are nice low mp spells (mainly blank gaze with the low recast)

I think the biggest boost would be at 99 where you would get Jettattura for a second flash (albeit high recast)

Edit: Cocoon wrecks the stuff it's useful for though
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-08-31 16:21:10  
Last resort and Soul eater was more what i was referring to for hate tools. Long timers but wouldnt hurt after a ballista kick or something.
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-08-31 20:41:38  
/SCH. Substantial boost to enhancing skill, Celerity for Reprisal, and Accession for random patch-ups and Stoneskins. Sublimation isn't awful for anything that likes doing a sleepga/hate reset combo that you don't feel like using poison potions for.

Edit: Ochain owners are probably better off /WHM for MDB traits and enhanced overall functionality(Curaga2, additional light magic procs[WHM are generally the last people you want worrying about procs], -na spells in case of doom emergencies/healers getting hit by petrification, etc). Celerity is one of the most powerful support tools available to a PLD in VW right now, IMO, and it does very little for Ochain.
 Shiva.Bigslank
サーバ: Shiva
user: bigslank
By Shiva.Bigslank 2011-08-31 21:14:01  
pld = /war 90% of time
pld = /nin kiting things
pld = / anything else is silly in most case for big stuff like that
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-31 22:48:02  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
/SCH. Substantial boost to enhancing skill, Celerity for Reprisal, and Accession for random patch-ups and Stoneskins. Sublimation isn't awful for anything that likes doing a sleepga/hate reset combo that you don't feel like using poison potions for.

Edit: Ochain owners are probably better off /WHM for MDB traits and enhanced overall functionality(Curaga2, additional light magic procs[WHM are generally the last people you want worrying about procs], -na spells in case of doom emergencies/healers getting hit by petrification, etc). Celerity is one of the most powerful support tools available to a PLD in VW right now, IMO, and it does very little for Ochain.
I've never seen a pld do anything on /sch or /whm on anything but testing and messing around.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-31 23:13:25  
I can understand the logic behind it, particularly in lowman groups. A PLD's MP may be under-utilized and /SCH helps put it to greater use. It also offers the ability to self -na, which speeds up curing and increases safety margin (hi2u Hahava curse etc). Large groups wouldn't get a whole lot out of it unless your healers suck but then large groups tend to more or less throw versatility out the window anyway.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-08-31 23:28:11  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I can understand the logic behind it, particularly in lowman groups. A PLD's MP may be under-utilized and /SCH helps put it to greater use. It also offers the ability to self -na, which speeds up curing and increases safety margin (hi2u Hahava curse etc). Large groups wouldn't get a whole lot out of it unless your healers suck but then large groups tend to more or less throw versatility out the window anyway.

Why would it be bad to take a large group to VW though?
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2011-08-31 23:50:12  

I liked where you're going with Accession and then you lost me with Curaga II. I could see where Accession would be awesome if you couldn't stun Ballistic Kick and then Voidwrought turns around and AoEs the DDs. Could toss an Accession Cure IV on the DDs in another party to save them and get hate back. Curaga II on the other hand could only hit the immediate party and the WHM should be swimming enough meds to the point where HE could tank himself for a bit. Sublimation isn't gonna see much use though since most mobs are gonna negate it with their HP Down moves and Stoneskin is a moot point since you could spam Cure 5 and 6 like no one's business and keep stoneskin up all fight long.

As far as -na spells go, most of them are predictable enough to the point where you could just Divine Caress them, in other cases (Arm Cannon, Yakha: Oblivion, etc) could just sacrifice it and call it a day. If Breakga gets off on the healer, could have someone from inside the alliance take care of it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-31 23:51:01  
Sylph.Kimble said: »

Didn't say it was, though I have to say it's boring as hell with 18 people if you're not a tank, healer, or maybe a BLM.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-08-31 23:55:38  
True enough, but its much better for procing and getting it done faster.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-09-01 00:41:53  
Shiva.Bigslank said: »
pld = /war 90% of time
pld = /nin kiting things
pld = / anything else is silly in most case for big stuff like that

This guy has tanked a lot
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-01 00:50:05  

Didn't say it was, though I have to say it's boring as hell with 18 people if you're not a tank, healer, or maybe a BLM.
what content in any MMO isn't boring when it's stupid alliance/raid content :/

VW is pretty fun on RDM(T4's only) though. The more people screw up the more fun it is
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-01 06:33:02  

Certainly not bad, but my linkshell isn't very big, and most of its members aren't particularly interested in VW right now. Utilizing odd tools is a lot of what's allowed us to 4-man every VW mob other than Voidwrought. You'd be surprised how many procs our setup is capable of, as well.

Its also not a snoozefest like a group of 18 is :3
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-01 06:36:33  
Sylph.Gobbo said: »

I liked where you're going with Accession and then you lost me with Curaga II. I could see where Accession would be awesome if you couldn't stun Ballistic Kick and then Voidwrought turns around and AoEs the DDs. Could toss an Accession Cure IV on the DDs in another party to save them and get hate back. Curaga II on the other hand could only hit the immediate party and the WHM should be swimming enough meds to the point where HE could tank himself for a bit. Sublimation isn't gonna see much use though since most mobs are gonna negate it with their HP Down moves and Stoneskin is a moot point since you could spam Cure 5 and 6 like no one's business and keep stoneskin up all fight long.

As far as -na spells go, most of them are predictable enough to the point where you could just Divine Caress them, in other cases (Arm Cannon, Yakha: Oblivion, etc) could just sacrifice it and call it a day. If Breakga gets off on the healer, could have someone from inside the alliance take care of it.

I see your point(I've no perspective in regard to doing these with more than six people, so humor me), but still maintain that even in a large group, /WHM and /RDM offer the greatest protection from being one-shotted from something. If that's no concern at all(eh..), then alright.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-09-01 07:54:00  

I'm not sure how boost to enhancing skill or celerity for reprisal should help a career pld. You probably have a 28 dmg phalanx or pretty close and capped recast on reprisal with just haste spell or again, pretty close.. Maybe I'm missing something and I'm flat out wrong.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-01 08:18:53  
I'd hardly call 61 additional enhancing skill insignificant(or rather, if it is, having the spell at all should be considered superfluous), and 10% off your Reprisal recast is a relatively gigantic boost in your defense.

Try to remember that no subjob(and most gear, generally) is going to provide the boost that most people think it will, so things like being able to put up Reprisal that much faster is a huge benefit in the grand scheme of things.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6